It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive Nessie pics!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Another from the sonar image...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
There are also stories of more than 1 nessie being spotted at the same time,no photos maybe but sightings by locals and credible people.

There have been reports of Nessie since the Middle Age, of course there must be more than one...

Originally posted by kiMMii

I remeber to have read that those sonar images have been manipulated. I don�t believe them

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
By the way...What happened to Peronemlin? I haven't seen anything from him/her in eons???

I�m back. Thanks for missing me. (I�m a "him")

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The legend of Loch Ness

The Legend of Nessie

Mysterious Britain - Loch Ness

Whatever perspective we have concerning this endearing mystery it still remains rooted in folklore and myth.
Yes, some aquatic cryptoid may occupy the Loch and still evade definition or classification. Scientific explorations of this loch seem to have revealed nothing solid to expand upon.
I still hold to my personal theory that the nessie legend has been exploited to draw in revenue for the Scottish Tourist Board.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Catch Me If You Can ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Personally, I feel that something does exist in there. But i also believe that the majority of the pictures of Nessie are faked.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
yes ive seen a sturgeon before. but did you all know that if nessie is proven to exist she is automatically protected under scottish law?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dawnaj
Be honest now guys n gals,
even if you don�t belive in the story about the "monster" that supposedly lives in Loch Ness, would you take a 30 minute swim in the lake to prove that you really mean what you say?

I now I wouldn�t go near that lake, even less go swim in it!

Well, I'll do as long a swim as you'd like, providing you pay for my flight, hotel stay, car rental, and food.
Deal?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

if nessie is proven to exist she is automatically protected under scottish law?

really - please cite the legislation that would " automatically protect " an hitherto unknown species ?

[edit on 24-9-2008 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I remember watching a program on human perceptions where they did an experiment at loch ness on a bus load of tourists. basically they got a piece of guttering and started bobbing it up and down in the water when the tourists were looking, they then got them to draw what they had seen and they were all drawing big monsters really in depth and claiming iit was exactly how it had looked. That was when I made my mind up nessie didnt exist. I put most sightings down to vivid imaginations

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The first pics actually support the giant eel hypothesis quite well....

I remember to red in the newspaper & in the Reader's Digest magazine, 20years ago, the first time that some scientists have scanned for serious all the lake with sonars, and the best candidates they got was a weird group of 6 animals, eel like(shaped) swimming at the bottom. " 2 of them was like
6-8 Meters in long, the others was 2-3 meters long.
A giant eel familly?

That will support very well the Giant eel hypothesis.

[edit on 25/9/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

yes that is ost likely the case.. i've been searching the internet for ages and there are many theroies some believe able and some just completely ludacrist....
but I am in strong belief that there is something unknown down there...
the term monster i reakon is used as there is a eerie feeling about this strange and anonymous creature.... these are just my thought though so go figure lol.. lol anyways i saw some footage today taken a3 months ago..clear and looking pretty well like some sort of sea creature,.... took my breath away.... at 1st u'd think it was a whale back but no head or fins apeared in that diving fashion of that particular mammal and i saw no sign of a blowhoel go figure... i hope that this can be taken into consideration.. i know many of u whould imagine it as a hoax but for those fellow should i saw "believers" find it interestin dnt hesistate to look at these videos.. nessie caught on tape (the news report) and Loch Ness Monster Spotted?.. the others are a bit silly tho u'll have 2 wait 4 the 1st video to end be4 the others can be accessed
thanks to thoose who listened..... writen by a 14 year old Australian girl.. Lauren
www.didyouknow.cd...
videos found at bottom of page

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Most people in Scotland believe that this creature lives in their waters but then there are some who don't due to some of the photo hoaxes over the past 80 years such as the surgeons photo. for years people actually thoght that there was something in the lake in 1934 because of that photo of the head sticking out of the water but years went by and the person who took the photo confessed and said that it was just a submarine toy. That fooled everyone. But the thing is is that now that we have more technology, we can go and search through the whole lake with our so called sonar equipment. Some photos are believed to be real but we will find out soon. Everyone knows that the rumors of this monster started hundreds of years ago. We know by the description of the beast that it is a prehistoric creature that is believed to be extinct. even if the creature di exsist in the 1930's and the rumors are still going around about nessie now that means that nessie has to be over a hundred years old. I mean, the size they descibed it back then was enormous and that means that nessie had to be full grown. Atleast 20 or 30. If its still alive, that means its pretty old. Or What if Were Not Looking At Nessie Anymore??? What If Nessie Had Kids?????? WHOAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

if nessie is proven to exist she is automatically protected under scottish law?

really - please cite the legislation that would " automatically protect " an hitherto unknown species ?

[edit on 24-9-2008 by ignorant_ape]

Actually, I heard that too, although I forget where now. If Nessie is real, she would be protected under the 'endangered species' law. Not hard to guess really...

Btw, I haven't seen anyone mention that the 'flipper' picture has been proven a fake. The picture was manipulated by a newspaper. In fact if you look at the edge of the flipper shape, it does look pretty hokey.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Any species that is endangered is protected by law. Since Nessie was first seen in Scotland, you are right, Nessie will be saved but she might be dead right now. I mean, she has been around for a while.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Nessie has not been proven to exist yet but if there is something in the water, and looks like the images we have, I don't think it's Nessie. The 1st image of her was in 1934 so that would be 75 years ago. It would suck for Nessie to be the only of her kind but there must be more. If she exists, how did she get there
She had to have a father and a mother, right? Her species lives for about 100 years. The description of her was described to be about 40 to 60 feet long so she was full grown so that means that she about 50 years old. The first image was in 1934, so if she was 50 years old at that time, she was born about 1884.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join