It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive Nessie pics!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin

Originally posted by Blackout
The third pic is a proven hoax. It's a model dinosaur in a sink.

Hey! I know its a drawing... as I said, I just liked it and wanted to share it...I didn�t think I need to explain it was a drawing

No, the third pic beginning from the top.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
No, the third pic beginning from the top.

Opss...sorry.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The eel theory is the best I've heard. It basically revolves around a population of eels, that for some reason (and this happens somewhat frequently I guess) the males go sterile, and start growing quite large, and get fatter etc. Sometimes they swim near the surface, and people see them, and they say it's nessie.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I saw a show many years ago discussing the second and fifth picture. The second is said to be a swimming elephant with only it's trunk above water. Now I don't remember where an elephant would come from but I think there is a nearby island or something. The other was from a team that did a study with a sub and the motion detection cameras caught the flipper pic. The visibility is near nothing I hear so something has to be right up on you to see it at all. Now this is from memory so don't laugh at my elephant explaination. I remember it being theorized that way.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I too back the "giant eel" theory. sure, I'd love for the Nessie of legends to exist, but there's little hope of that.

The first picture could be near anything floating on the surface. It's too far away to tell what it is.

The second picture does indeed resemble the trunk of a swimming elephant.

The 3rd is a hoax. Not sure on the story behind it, it's been awhile.

The 4th pic looks like an upturned row boat to me.

The 5th seems to resemble the tail on a dolphin or a whale. Of course those wouldn't be in Loch Ness.

The 6th pic looks like an old log that's partially submerged. Seen plenty like that before in nearby lakes. Of course it's too far out to be a log. Nothing I can really compare that to.

And the last is obviously a fake. (Being a bit redundent on that.) I like it though, got it saved to my hard drive.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dawnaj
Be honest now guys n gals,
even if you don�t belive in the story about the "monster" that supposedly lives in Loch Ness, would you take a 30 minute swim in the lake to prove that you really mean what you say?

I now I wouldn�t go near that lake, even less go swim in it!

It's already been done, altough an antique diving suit was worn for the purpse!

quickstart.clari.net...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I watched a secular show on discovery or like channel several years ago. The 4th picture down is from someone who put a motion sensitive camera down in Loch Ness. When He brought it up that picture was on it. The one shown on your post is the computer enhanced version. It shows the fin so that picture I know is real and not faked.

The show also stated that Loch Ness has undergound channels that lead into the ocean. And anything that lives there has access to the ocean.

At the end of the show the final statement was that Nessie is a Pleiseosuarus(spelling?) A dinosaur that is supposed to be extinct. That is what the fin and body looked like.

Also in 1977 a Japanese fishing boat caught a rotting carcass of a sea creature in it's net. It hadn't decomposed enough yet and you can see what the animal looked like. It had fins like the one in the picture. I've got the book with the picture. Japan also commemorated it on a postage stamp.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thought I'd contribute this painting. It's more accurate and actually follows the details of the majority of the sightings (two humps, long neck, diamond-shaped flippers, etc.)

Painting Source: www.cryptozoology.st...

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Blackout]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Also in 1977 a Japanese fishing boat caught a rotting carcass of a sea creature in it's net...

This is the carcass you are talking about, but it is the rotten body of a basking shark, not a plesiosaur....

Here is another carcass (100% of a basking shark). It looks quite similar.

The thing is that when this sharks start to rot, the jaw and the gills rapidly fall off, and leave what looks like a long neck with a small head.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Edit: I moved the pics and videos to this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Peronemlin]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
One says it's a shark another says its a dinosaur. Two different sides with two different opinions. Doesn't look like a dead shark to me so I believe it's a dinosaur. Everyone needs to make up their own mind. Also there is a jungle in the Congo where dinosaurs still live and there have been pterodoactyl sightings in the U.S. so Loch Ness isn't the only place dinosaurs can still be found. It's one of those things that you either believe it or you don't.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
the second third fourth and last pictures look fake.

I wouldnt rely on most of these. Interesting find though

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Mostly frauds. In photo of that smoke-like thing venturing up on the beach you will get an idea of this "water demon" for it is not physical.It also has no visible head,just a tapering "neck" like Trunko was described.
The Searle phot gives a good idea of its size (more than one of these although temporary manifestations) with a "companion". I say the companion is an amphibiod,an aquatic Visitor.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
One says it's a shark another says its a dinosaur. Two different sides with two different opinions. Doesn't look like a dead shark to me so I believe it's a dinosaur. Everyone needs to make up their own mind.

You can pretend these things are plesiosaurs all you want, but please, keep it straight, plesiosaurs are not dinosaurs, they're different sorts of animals entirely.

The japanese fishing boat specimin had a sample taken from it. That sample was studied and turned out to be basking shark proteins.

THe reason it looks like a plesiosaur and not a shark, to some people anyway, is because the mouth of the basking shark tends to slough off during decay, leaving the brain case, resulting in the 'long neck' and small head appearance. Notice also that the braincase of a shark doesn't have any jaws or teeth in it, its just the brain case.

Also, when these basking shark carcasses was up, the skeleton would be cartilaginous, not actual bone, like in plesiosaurs.

Also there is a jungle in the Congo where dinosaurs still live

There is no reason to beleive any of those stories. There has never been any actual evidence to support those claims.

and there have been pterodoactyl sightings in the U.S.

First I heard of that. Where'd you get it from?

so Loch Ness isn't the only place dinosaurs can still be found. It's one of those things that you either believe it or you don't.

Everything is someting you can beleive or not. There are people who beleive that the earth is flat. There are even people who beleive the earth is actually convex, like the inside of a balloon. People beleive lots of things even when evidence contradicts their beleifs.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't believe it.These people still want a monster movie!

As I said it is NOT a physical creature anymore.More like an intelligent dominant animal spirit in control of a host of insignificant one. I saw it on at least two occasions.One huge,one quite small,at least what came out of that dark lake.
The little one sort of hugged me.Rather it felt like flowing around me,giving me a thrill. It was a show of affection for an aspect of it,a pet was once in my keeping.
Is that the first you ever heard of "demon" ,"Nature Spirit" whatever,showing affection for a human? I heard of others in folklore.
How I got onto that small beach in an underground cavern is not the issue here. It only comes to the surface once in a while,but seems to like peace and quiet better.
I also have the photo of the small version ,not materializing,but coalescing in a person's home. The same body,like a walrus,with the long tapering neck. No head visible,it just tapers to a point.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
ok first off as a scotsman id like to think nessie exists

and that fin picture,that was meant to be a fish or something (i saw this on i think it was the discovery channel) that moved so fast it blurred the photo so it looked like a fin.

also during a dive they found an underwater cave,with lots of fish bones or something in.

also wouldnt it be possible to have a psychic look in the lake mentally to find nessie?might work...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Tried that with a real trance medium. Know what? Any question about these paranormal creatures,including the Visitors,they were extremely evasive on.Like getting blood from a stone.
Did say, like Nancy Lieder,that Nessie was a large sea creature,oh say 30 feet long,3 tons on the average, a mammal,long neck and head steers it.Flippers.
Nancy said "It is a gentle giant looking for munchies." DC didnt say what it ate.
Pokey told me he was a sea mammal,and a predators predator.Pod/herd leader.The best,the toughest,the smartest.
3 Tons? It can appear in different shapes and weigh nothing,unless this is the "condensed " version. The version I saw,the big one would be the size of a medium sized whale. Even once showed up as a killer whale in a vision,inviting me on his back, "You know,when part of me was your horsey!"
"No way."

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I thought of that X-Files episode to
iaint going in that water. nice pics although the second one i think looks like an elephants trunk?
if they found it what would they do? i say keep it and name it bob

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hmm pics are intersestong but i don't believe in nessie if it existed im pretty sure it would've been found.

[edit on 15-8-2004 by thegreat59]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Interesting pictures: real I don�t know, I wonder why this creature has not been proven to be real or a hoax after all these years.
couldn't they put a little sub out there to look for it?

They had to stop because the subs kept getting eaten.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join