It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels chant "Thank You Obama" "Thank you Cameron"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Just as with the Kuwaitis waving American flags, cheering the soldiers after the Gulf War; where did they get all those American flags?
Mcdonalds gave them away with every happy meal.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Actually went to hear a Prosecutor from the ICTY give a speech tonight and he had something interesting to say about the Libya intervention.

When so many people were killed in Yugoslavia, people asked 'why did you not do anything to stop this?'.

Perhaps there really may be good intentions behind the Libya intervention, rather than the cynical rush-for-oil that everyone suggests?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I call BS also. These guys probably cheered Omaar a few days ago.
They have no allegience to anyone, especially America. Why should America trust any of these countries or their citizens after all the bombing attempts? They do not even come close to deserving help from America for their past actions.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This makes me nervous, for the Rebels. The Western allies have a habit of leaving power voids in this kinda situation. Rebels could see themselves left high and dry anytime and in a much worse position if the allies bail. Too much gray, here.
edit on 24-3-2011 by BnletB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by duality90

well lets not forget that they alledgedly asked. I sat there watching cnn (credible?) and a supposed lybian woman went on and on and when asked what she would say to obama, she basically said come help. People were dying ect ect. To a degree I do agree with many of you because i have seen and read about a lot of the things that went down in the past, girl crying on tv, turned out to be this nations ambassadors daughter yadda yadda. And of course all of the research people claim to have done here, but I have a hard time believing this time around that this is a set-up.

There is one simple reason why. When America is coming to kick your ass, they dont bs about it, if it were between the US and Lybia, Lybia would have been demolished within days. I have seen several wars pass... yet with all of this situation we see a deep reluctance from all sides, news, politicians...even public in getting involved. So if all of that is a set-up, its a damn good one and there really isnt much to gain on the part of the US for its current actions.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It seems as if this is a Western/European operation that is all about crushing any successful, non-aligned country in Africa.

It is Imperialism 101. Africa better suits the capitalist empires when they are poor and at war with themselves; because they become distracted when Western corporations move in and exploit their workforce and resources.

Look at Nigeria and Shell/Haliburton, it would be very bad for business if the people actually nationalized there, hence why the Nigerian government accepts bribes instead of taking people like Dick Cheney to court.

Gadaffi appears to have been promoting a strong and united Africa. The West has not, and has sat back and watched countries like Somalia, Sudan and the Congo fall into chaos.

Europeans dumped dangerous waste off of the Somali coast, destroying their fishing industry, and having no other means to survive, a lot of former Somali fishermen turned to piracy. What does the West do? They send in warships to kill pirates, because Somali is too violent to deal with on the ground.

Angola had a serious war in the 80s. There were several militia factions fighting for control over the capital, and the US and South Africa supported a few of them in order to maintain access to their interests there. Cuba sent in more soldiers to Angola than the US did in Iraq, to help bring a halt to the killing by American proxies. As a result, the Americans used it as an excuse to called Cuba hostile, and promised to maintain the trade embargo throughout the 90s because of it to punish Cuba for getting in the way of their imperialist interests in Africa.

The simple fact is that Africa is a piss-poor continent that is highly ignored by the West, if not the world. Why? Because it's more financially beneficial to us to ignore what goes on there while our corporations move in and acquire their assets, exploit slave labour, and steal resources without much care for regulations or the environment.

It's going to be a damn scary ride for the Western empires when Africa rises up against them and take over a large chunk of their third-world economic sector. And Gadaffi supported the notion of a strong and united Africa? Just like how Saddam believed (somewhat) in a strong and united Arab union? Just like how Ahmadinejad believes in middle eastern progression through nuclear power and supporting Palestinians? Or how Hugo Chavez believes in a strong and united South America?

If I was an American politician, I would be DAMN scared of these people because they all represent a serious threat to the American empire and its economy. No wonder why they demonize these world leaders. Now the only wonder is why the hell people support the Americans? Lack of education, or excessive profit?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hopefully though it doesn't go too bad because some of the Libya Rebels have some Al-Qaeda links :S.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join