It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My prediction- if nothing improves ie. wars, jobs, inflation, oil prices, I can't see how silver won't keep going up.
For one it is useful-used in industry, it is under priced by about $50 an ounce, if you go by the 16:1 normal ratio of gold to silver, more is traded thatn is mined, so your paper is not physically backed, well here's some basic reasons, the dollar losing value is of course a big one.

I say $50 by mid May. Just guessing, I'm not a trader, just being realistic.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
There's really no way to explain why it's going up at such an accelerated rate. People say there's a silver shortage...I don't believe that. There's something just not right about it more than doubling in such a short period of time.

Peace

the dollar is collapsing due to fears of the government shutdown. gold is fast approaching 1500 dollars an ounce...our dollar is slowly becoming worthless in front of our eyes.

our mighty military is worthless against this financial invasion and destruction of the U.S....i can see the headlines now..."AMERICA CONQUERED WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

our mighty military is worthless against this financial invasion and destruction of the U.S....i can see the headlines now..."AMERICA CONQUERED WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT"
reply to post by jimmyx

I use this analogy: It's like putting on a suite of armor to protect yourself from Pneumonia.

I wonder if silver will be played by more people because of the impending government shutdown?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I like silver. I like it alot. That said, the massive rise over the past couple years has left me feeling more and more uncomfortable and uneasy about the state of the world. The Hunt Brothers run up of the early 80's made sense as a failed attempt to corner the Silver market. Our current explosion is an entirely different animal, and it doesn't lead to anything good I'm afraid.

Today's charts are pretty interesting, and pretty much par for the course for silver lately. Gold seems to be moving in lockstep with oil, but silver is soaring beyond that and not playing the dips that gold and oil have taken. While I am a proponant of silver both as money as well as an industrial metal, it seems that more and more "little" players are getting into silver as protection due to it being more affordable to accumulate in small quantities than gold. This rise in silver has nothing to do with industry, and everything to do with more and more "regular" people scared to death of the inflation that is coming.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I've know this was coming for years, but it still shocks me to see the price rising like it is. And it worries me, because it looks like something approaching that does not look friendly. I may be somewhat prepared, but what about almost everyone else I know. Waiting for it... waiting for it... uh-oh, here it comes.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD

I've know this was coming for years, but it still shocks me to see the price rising like it is. And it worries me, because it looks like something approaching that does not look friendly. I may be somewhat prepared, but what about almost everyone else I know. Waiting for it... waiting for it... uh-oh, here it comes.

Yeah, I'm afraid that the days of "waiting" are a heck of a lot fewer and the days of "uh-oh" are rapidly approaching.

It's almost funny (if it weren't so scary serious) to watch the general headlines on what the Federal Government is publically busying itself with, yet no mention, and worse, no PLAN on what to do with the inevitable cliff we are about to drop off of. Funding, or not funding, Planned Parenthood or NPR is a big joke and each and every one of us should be absolutely insulted that they think we can be distracted by this nonsense. Unfortunately, it seems that most of us are.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

The clock is ticking for JP morgan check it out, it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to last more than two more months:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And that a conservative estimate

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hey, I'm all for it, I can't believe silver hit $40. Un-freakin-believable!!

I've still got an itchy silver trigger finger though.

Peace

edit on 8-4-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

US 40.97 right now and ready for market close.

CAD is 39.12

I don't know if we will see a big dip now. Maybe a bit as normal but I think we are here to stay.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

CAD is 39.12

I don't know if we will see a big dip now. Maybe a bit as normal but I think we are here to stay.

Maybe a pull back to $35 or $34 before the next big run. Remember, ultra wealthy want to rob the common man of anything of worth, so a rapid $5 or $6 dollar pull-back will shake the faith in a lot of those new to PMs and cause more silver to hit the market. They want to sweep every last bit out of our hands before the real "fun" starts.
edit on 4/8/11 by larphillips because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Peace

CAD is 39.12

Maybe a pull back to $35 or $34 before the next big run. Remember, ultra wealthy want to rob the common man of anything of worth, so a rapid $5 or $6 dollar pull-back will shake the faith in a lot of those new to PMs and cause more silver to hit the market. They want to sweep every last bit out of our hands before the real "fun" starts.
edit on 4/8/11 by larphillips because: (no reason given)

And I'm all for it!

Got a little stash just waiting for a $5 dip.

Bring it on!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I suspect that a lot of the rise late last week was due to nervousness over the US federal budget squabble. That brought the dollar index down, so precious metals and commodities such as oil went up.

I think that with a deal struck Friday, that will relieve some of the nervousness for the next little while, and we'll see some minor improvement in the US dollar early this coming week. In turn, I expect the PMs and commodities do drop some, say 10%. My guess is silver will drop below $40 US an ounce, maybe even down to $37 or $38, and bounce around there for a while - until the next major crisis drives it up again.

If you are thinking of buying silver, I think maybe mid-week to Friday might be a good time to buy.

What do you other silver fans think will happen the next couple of weeks?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I was actually thinking the same thing but with the possible Govt. shutdown on Friday, I was also thinking that a lot of people might have too nervous about buying silver and gambling on it.

This week will tell I guess.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
CAD 40.01!

First time.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

CAD 40.01!

First time.

Whats that mean? I've been hoping for a dam pullback in silver so I can buy some, but it keeps going up. I wonder if we're actually seeing the accelerated crash of the dollar happening before our eyes.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

CAD 40.01!

First time.

Whats that mean? I've been hoping for a dam pullback in silver so I can buy some, but it keeps going up. I wonder if we're actually seeing the accelerated crash of the dollar happening before our eyes.

I thik so. I was waiting for a dip for the last few weeks and then decided, heck, just pay the price and stop waiting, because it might not happen, and since I think silver is ultmately going to go double or triple what it is now anyway. I still got in before $40, now if you buy, you'll most likely be saying "at least I go in before $50".

Read all the blogs, ZeroHedge etc. The picture is Very stark for the US. Can the US declare bankruptcy and just get a start over? Can we citizens bankrupt our tax bill? No, no.

I picture a worst case scenario, something like Argentina in the early 2000's. Every man for himeself. Carry a gun to the black market.....granted I think the US is too big for that behavior and even less civilized so, someone or something might just drop something big on some big US cities to take care of the worst issues. Hope this is a horribly wrong guess.
And at this point, I don't think we need a comet, planet, earthquake...to end life as we know it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
looks like the dip is happening now.

woo-hoo!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This morning silver jumped to 41.91 but now is at 40.20 US.
My guess is that it's going to bounce around for a little while yet. I don't think we're going to see a huge drop, but I don't think it'll rise too much for the next little while.
I think the next few days might be a good time to buy, but no rush.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I think i'm gonna bite the silver bullet and buy a bag of random silver from Apmex. I believe its about 99 cents over spot and they are offering free shipping from their mobile site all this month.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by skeet

I called them again today and threatened to call the BBB and post on every web site I could find and would you believe they said it would be shipped out today. hmm go figure. Although I didn't receive an email saying it was shipped. I just hope it's on the way, Im tired of waiting. I purchaed the stagecoach silver from NWT Mint I would not recommend them to anyone, I ordered mine Febuary 15 and they said they shipped it today. Well I guess I'll see.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

looks like the dip is happening now.
reply to post by jude11

Yeah great call on that dip! although I dont think it will be $5 dip , Im thinking it will hover near $37.5-38 before the big bull coming up. The demand is attempting to be "strong armed" held down, but this train is moving now

I say $50 by mid May. Just guessing, I'm not a trader, just being realistic.

Me too, check my sig to see what that will lead to
edit on 12-4-2011 by Skerrako because: words

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join