It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go Silver Go!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD
reply to post by jude11

My guess is that anything could be deemed government property. But I guess eagles are one step closer. It's funny, because a lot of people who advise buying silver talk up eagles along with other official coins. They say that your average Joe is not going to trust something with a silly picture on it, but I don't think the average Joe even knows about silver eagles. I think if we get to the point when we are bartering with silver, the average Joe is going to get a crash course in what silver looks, sounds, and feels like. I stayed away from eagles, because they cost more.

Yeah, I mean silver is silver and people will get to know it quickly.

I like rounds.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AmethystSD

Yeah, I bought generic rounds last fall, thinking I was getting in late, but now glad I did, and am following some silver traders to hopefully alert me of coming dips, if they even come, so that I can invest a bit more.

I've gotten a crash course myself on the PM market. Had to learn about OI, Blythe, the morgue....the basics...it's all so crazy what's going on in our economy, but nice that a few traders share their insight.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I purchased Stage coach 1 ounce silver bars. They break into 1/4 ounce pieces. I got them from Nwtmint Like I said before I ordered them in Febuary and still haven't received them. They are suppose to ship this week. Has anyone else had to wait this long?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skeet

I bought from APMEX and it took a week and a half as I recall. Shipped ground. Didn't want to pay more fees.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would get on the case of those guys who sold you the Stagecoaches. The generic rounds I ordered last Friday arrived just now!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I see you got the buffalo rounds. Yeah, I got a few tubes myself but I like to spread it out between liberties, maple leafs, small bars etc. You never know who will accept what.

But in the end, it's all silver when melted down. IMO

I've never had a problem with delivery. For the person with the stage coach pieces, I would do a check. Seems a little long.

Let us know what happens tho.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Each month I put what I can afford into a small order of silver. I plan to do this for at least another year, until either I have a sizable cache of silver... or TSHTF. I don't want to buy into some of the more paranoid fantasies here, but I do see major trouble ahead for the world economy unless the US somehow manages to change its financial course in the next few months. I really hope I am wrong...

I bought a 10oz bar a month ago. It looks cool and is a nice size for handling, but if there is a TSHTF crisis, 1oz round will be simpler to trade in. For the next few months I'll concentrate on buying the rounds.
edit on 6-4-2011 by LS650 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
Each month I put what I can afford into a small order of silver. I plan to do this for at least another year, until either I have a sizable cache of silver... or TSHTF. I don't want to buy into some of the more paranoid fantasies here, but I do see major trouble ahead for the world economy unless the US somehow manages to change its financial course in the next few months. I really hope I am wrong...

I bought a 10oz bar a month ago. It looks cool and is a nice size for handling, but if there is a TSHTF crisis, 1oz round will be simpler to trade in. For the next few months I'll concentrate on buying the rounds.
edit on 6-4-2011 by LS650 because: (no reason given)

This is exactly what I advise people. You don't have to be a pro to know that you should only buy what you can afford and nothing more.

The way I look at it, silver will always be in demand. Prices will fluctuate and if the average Joe all of a sudden buys $50,000 at one time because he's panicking, he'll have a stroke losing $5,000 in one day if it happens.

I tell family members to buy 5-10 oz at a time. Don't spend your grocery money and don't bet your house. But at the same time, don't bank on a quick recovery of the US economy.

But that's just me....an average Joe. NOT an investor.
edit on 6-4-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I purchased Stage coach 1 ounce silver bars. They break into 1/4 ounce pieces. I got them from Nwtmint Like I said before I ordered them in Febuary and still haven't received them. They are suppose to ship this week. Has anyone else had to wait this long?
reply to post by skeet

Mintproducts.com is where I get my rounds from, Many different kinds and great prices! The new 2011 mexican liberdiads just came in, Ill be sure to get some in my next order.

On a side note, I know it has been taking people a bit longer to get their silver, but has anyone noticed how many rounds and bars are sold out? The majority of 5 oz rounds are gone, and mints are selling coins as fast as the make them. The U.S. mint is considering rationing.

Here is part of my collection, I don't but bars, but your right.....you never know what people will want to take

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Your coins are very pretty. I would love to get one of those pandas. I've seen videos of them. Pretty @_@

But having pretty coins might cause me to get somewhat attached to them. That would be bad, as they are not a collection, they are a long-term investment. I just get whatever rounds the store has. One place I used to buy from made coins with cute beavers on them. I like it when they get creative.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Dear ATS,

This is my first post here, I have been lurking these forums for quite a while now. The reason i never post anything is because there was simply no need, since I still got a lot of reading to do
. But now I need a financial advice, I would like to invest all of the money in silver ( im 20 years old, and got about 10 000 € saved up ). So my question is, should i buy now or wait for a correction which some people are claming is coming in june. Also take into consideration that i have to pay 20% VAT on buying silver, and no tax if i buy gold. What would you guys do if u had 10 000€ to invest. I know it is a hard question, and for some the amount of money might look laughable, but its all i got. Quick introduction to maybe help with the decision, I am finishing my college degree in forestry this year, and taking over grandparents conventional farm and turning it into a permaculture farm. So i got the basics such as food and shelter taken care of in SHTF scenario, would like to make up for the loss i had in 2008 stock market crash, when i was still "sleeping". I would also like to apologize for bad english, but its my second language.
Best regards from Slovenia (Europe)

Zubie

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zubie
Dear ATS,

This is my first post here, I have been lurking these forums for quite a while now. The reason i never post anything is because there was simply no need, since I still got a lot of reading to do
. But now I need a financial advice, I would like to invest all of the money in silver ( im 20 years old, and got about 10 000 € saved up ). So my question is, should i buy now or wait for a correction which some people are claming is coming in june. Also take into consideration that i have to pay 20% VAT on buying silver, and no tax if i buy gold.

DO NOT take this as expert advice. Just my instincts.

1. I have advised many to not spend everything in their bank account. Only spend what you can afford to lose as this goes with any investment.

2. Another correction in price vs. prices rising. I would think that the rise is more of a surety while a dip is less of one.

3. The VAT is definitely not in your favor. If you can't find a source that won't charge you this, I would go for gold. That's a 20% margin you are having to cope with before getting into the positive flow.

Good luck and this is only my personal opinion.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Silver prices fluctuate a lot. Although I believe there is a 95% probability that silver and gold will continue upwards, there are no guarantees, and I expect the prices of both metals to be a real rollercoaster.

Even a lot of gung-ho silver bugs would tell you not to put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your investment around: maybe some silver, some gold, some in different stocks that look solid, some in foreign currencies of countries that look stable, etc.

Just the fact that you have to pay a huge tax on silver is a real bummer. Definitely get some silver, but don't spend all 10 thousand Euros there. I would buy some gold too. And buy physical bullion you can hold on to, not pieces of paper in some kind of "silver holdings".

Also remember, sometimes the best investment is a good education. Finish that degree you are working on. If you need to spend some of that 10,000E so that you don't have any student loans or debts, that might be the best investment!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks for taking time to reply guys, i really appreciate it. I understand that i shouldnt put all of my eggs in one basket nor should I invest all of my money. But to be completly honest i got nothing to lose, i dont have any student loans ( We are the most taxed country in the world, but so far we at least get more or less free education ) and working beside study makes this 10 000€ spending money, which most of my peers would use to buy a car or new tv... Well i guess I will buy some gold beside silver aswell next week, just to diversify my investment.

Cheers.
Zubie

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
SIlver over $40 today. No dip came, and that's because you can't hide facts anymore.

THis is how I see it.

American industry down the tubes.
Foreclosures still happening and home values still tanking.
Still no new job creations
Businesses closing due to no one spending, but for necessities.
Endless wars that are not making the world a better place or like us.
Govt debt beyond comprehension and creating more by the day to just keep us afloat.
A govt that is not working for the people, but for corporations.
Inflation-Food and fuel have gone up 20+% in last year. (for those that live paycheck to paycheck, did they get a cost of living increase?)
FInancially we are tanking shockingly fast. I don't know how long it will take to really hit bottom, but I'm thinking this summer will be harsh and get worse from there on.

SIlver is pretty.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RRstl1000

(Where to buy silver?) Google is your friend....

I would say look at the Kitco silver forum (Google to find it) and just look through the silver and gold forums there. You will see folks posting about positive and negative purchasing experiences. If you are in Canada, I can give you the Internet site that I order from. I have placed a few small orders with them and they are very prompt with decent prices.

As for a major dump, I really don't think so. Take a look at what's happening with the US dollar and the US federal budget. They are NOT going to clean that mess up any time soon, so people are using their US dollars to buy up metals and commodities. Gold, silver, oil, corn, wheat, copper.... everything is going up while the dollar is sinking.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hey, I'm all for it, I can't believe silver hit $40. Un-freakin-believable!!

I've still got an itchy silver trigger finger though.

Peace

edit on 8-4-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Next week is gonna be really interesting.
I really think there will be downward pricecorrection in silver. If not ill run to the grocerystore for more food and wine and stuff.
Right now 40.47 WOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Zubie

I called $40 silver this week, I had no idea it was going way up to $40.50 though! What is this I hear about a June Market correction? Can we get more info on that please? Others are saying the correction will come around $46- $48 an ounce, but that is also when JP Morgan will have to buy on the open market, which will push the price sky high! Anyone have comments on this?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by Zubie

I called $40 silver this week, I had no idea it was going way up to $40.50 though! What is this I hear about a June Market correction? Can we get more info on that please? Others are saying the correction will come around $46- $48 an ounce, but that is also when JP Morgan will have to buy on the open market, which will push the price sky high! Anyone have comments on this?

yeah the June market corection will skyrocket up to $50+ and beond. June is when QE2 ends. say bye bye to the FED proping and say hello to market crash.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join