Go Silver Go!

page: 5
23
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I don't buy the silver paper promises and I don't spend 10's of thousands. Just 100oz physical at a time so as not to be flushed in case of a massive drop.


Even 50 oz represents 'skin in the game', and earns a berth in what I consider to be the most fascinating market on the planet. Hell, even the investor that buys 10oz and takes it out of circulation, is doing a service, not only to himself, but to the entire PM community.

This may not apply to you jude, but I'd like remind newer investors and prospects alike, that imho, you're the most important people in the room. Not many long-term bulls are still buying physical bullion in the same quantities we purchased back at triple digit Gold...single digit Silver. Ask sincere questions, do a little homework...know why you're buying, and how you ultimately plan to leave...above all - don't be put-off by the occasional $@#& who claims to know more about precious metals........than there actually is to know
Do your best to vet everything you read on an internet forum. You guys are the life-blood of an ongoing bull market. Hope you won't forget it.

Bullish day for Silver with another new multi-decade high on the weekly close, and a failed [lunch hour] assault on yesterdays lows. Monday should be just as wild, with the Matrix gunning hard for a break below 36 (good support), lets see if we can stuff 'em early @ 37ish, to 36.50.

GL




posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thought I'd share this. Silver still seems the way to go. And again, physical is the way to go. I can only say what I have been saying all along. DON"T BUY PAPER!




posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Chart is a few hours old, we're currently trading back up 37.40-ish.

SILVER


Selling pressure was absorbed at that 36.50 level on two consecutive attempts to break 36 (Monday + Yesterday). Barring a dollar positive news event in th next couple of sessions, firmness in the miners today appears to be confirming that a serious challenge of last weeks high may be just over the horizon. Add the San Cristobal strike in Bolivia putting a crimp on near-term production.

edit on 30-3-2011 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Locally, my supplier of silver rounds seems to be having some trouble keeping them in stock. I have never seen that first hand before. I'm kind of surprised, because the price seems to have risen so fast. I would expect that to cause some sticker shock in most people. I mean, I bought some for ~$30/oz a few months ago, so $39 looks really high in comparison. But apparently they have enough buyers still to move it off their shelves. What is going on?



posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think a lot of folks are looking at disasters like Japan, and thinking "Geez, maybe I should have a few ounces of silver hidden away somewhere, just in case..."



posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
the physical silver is being held or used
it takes I just heard, 500 oz to make one of them fancy A$$ missles the US just fired a wack off

the price is pushed down by the short positions in paper and liquidation to cover losses by the totally dishonest players in fractional paper


IMHO
buy and hold till food becomes more important


I listened to Bob years ago



posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the physical silver is being held or used
it takes I just heard, 500 oz to make one of them fancy A$$ missles the US just fired a wack off

the price is pushed down by the short positions in paper and liquidation to cover losses by the totally dishonest players in fractional paper


IMHO
buy and hold till food becomes more important


I listened to Bob years ago


The ONLY reason I buy silver is to be able to buy food when the SHTF. When the dollar fails and the banks lock accounts, silver will be the only way to go.

I still believe that products like tobacco, coffee, salt etc will also be very valuable. I look at these almost as seriously as silver.



posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love
 
There is a physical silver shortage. The true answers to available supply can easily be found with a little digging. The reason the price is going up so fast, is that it has beeen manipulated for so long, real market forces are starting to effect the price, and that real world fact is overcoming all eforts at manipulation. The available above ground supply of silver buillion is known to be well short of future demand. something's got to give, and that is the given rise in price as demand rises rapidly.
The other factor in the price rise, is the rapid decline in the value of the US diollar. The silver is worth no more in real value than it ever was, but the value of the currency used to buy it is shrinking fast--hence a price increase. Add it all up, and the price of silver will show record price increases. it has to happen. I believe it will be at a spot price of $50 per ounce by June this year, and near $100 by the end of the year. get it now if you want in. You'lll not see it this low again for a long time.



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Congratz Silver longs. New [3 decade] high @ 38.52. This, with the dollar firm, and crude under pressure. If oil can cooperate, and Gold manages to break-out of a 6 month consolidation pattern this week, we could see upside to 42-44 on this move.

*Not investment advice.



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
seeker401.wordpress.com... UN to produce gold and silver coins for world currency


The announcement by the United Nations this week that it will license the minting of silver and gold bullion coins bearing the UN logo may be the button that launches metal prices into orbit.
I remember reading about this a while back and, as usual, didnt buy any silver. Bah , i get the next one



posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
Congratz Silver longs. New [3 decade] high @ 38.52. This, with the dollar firm, and crude under pressure. If oil can cooperate, and Gold manages to break-out of a 6 month consolidation pattern this week, we could see upside to 42-44 on this move.

*Not investment advice.


Yup, woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise.

The only negative to the UP in Silver is the DOWN in my confidence that the economy will get better.

Sometimes I hate being right...



posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
US $39.23

IMHO I expect to see silver go a lot higher yet... unfortuantely I expect a lot of that due to the dollar going down in real value.



posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
US $39.23

IMHO I expect to see silver go a lot higher yet... unfortuantely I expect a lot of that due to the dollar going down in real value.


CAD. 37.88

All good!

But when the US dollar crashes, my question is if this will have an impact on CAD prices?

Anyone?



posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Gold & Silver...here we go again: Link.

Not much ATS enthusiasm over today's new highs. I take that as a contrarian positive. When folks start getting slap-happy on the metals boards, I get kinda nervous.

GL longs!



posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There must be a shortage of Silver. I bought mine the first of Feb. and still haven't received it yet. Starting to get worried. It is suppose to ship next week.



posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by skeet
 


Were hitting $40 by friday. You can take that to the bank! (don't really do that lol)

Did you order U.S. eagles? I avoid them like the devil, in times of crisis silver eagles can be deemed "U.S. government property" and taken from you
edit on 6-4-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by skeet
 


Were hitting $40 by friday. You can take that to the bank! (don't really do that lol)

Did you order U.S. eagles? I avoid them like the devil, in times of crisis silver eagles can be deemed "U.S. government property" and taken from you
edit on 6-4-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)


$40 is my guess also.

Good advice on the eagles. I imagine many people have bought them. I like to mix it up a bit.

The same might apply with any Country's silver coins is my guess.



posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think $40 before the weekend is a fairly safe bet. I think with all the uncertainty over QE3, the strength of the US dollar, the economy, the US federal budget, etc. that silver and gold will continue to climb for at least the next several months.

I have been bought silver a few times lately from an internet vendor here in Canada. They don't have a great selection, but what they do have they ship quickly. I placed an order for some generic 1oz silver rounds on Friday: they send it out with 2-day shipping and tracking Tuesday. I should get it tomorrow.



posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


My guess is that anything could be deemed government property. But I guess eagles are one step closer. It's funny, because a lot of people who advise buying silver talk up eagles along with other official coins. They say that your average Joe is not going to trust something with a silly picture on it, but I don't think the average Joe even knows about silver eagles. I think if we get to the point when we are bartering with silver, the average Joe is going to get a crash course in what silver looks, sounds, and feels like. I stayed away from eagles, because they cost more.



posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
I think $40 before the weekend is a fairly safe bet. I think with all the uncertainty over QE3, the strength of the US dollar, the economy, the US federal budget, etc. that silver and gold will continue to climb for at least the next several months.

I have been bought silver a few times lately from an internet vendor here in Canada. They don't have a great selection, but what they do have they ship quickly. I placed an order for some generic 1oz silver rounds on Friday: they send it out with 2-day shipping and tracking Tuesday. I should get it tomorrow.



I think you're talking about these guys?

silvergoldbull.com...

If not, they're quick and reliable also.





new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join