It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rules out 'land invasion' in Libya

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Obama rules out 'land invasion' in Libya

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama Wednesday categorically ruled out a land invasion to oust Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi as coalition forces launched a fifth day of air strikes against government military targets in the North African nation.

President Barack Obama answers question on the ongoing situation in Libya during his joint news conference with President of El Salvador Mauricio Funes at the National Palace in San Salvador, El Salvador, Tuesday,

And Obama said the U.S. this week will be pulling back from its dominant role in the international campaign aimed at preventing Gadhafi from attacking civilians.

OK so there you have it folks. Right from President Kowtow's mouth. Now if there are boots on the ground later then we can say he lied. Only time will tell.

Stay tuned, according to our resident fear mongers WWIII
will breakout ANY second...
edit on 23-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Pretty hard to get any war goal accomplished without boots on the ground. Id like to see this happen. Me thinks he is full of it, give it a month.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

What was the goal again?
oh yeah no fly zone....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Lol yea.. we don't even really know. I thought it was just a few tomahawks and no air attacks, yet an f15 was shot down or crashed. What was he doing there.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For the life of me I don't understand his penchant for boxing himself in with his statements. It just proves he is not ready for prime time and is a fish out of water when it comes to foreign affairs.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

I find myself scratching my head as well.
I'm glad he came right out and said it.

Now, will he stick to it?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Obama rules it out for now. What I see happening is some sort of attack on a U.S ship. The blame will be on Qaddafi. Then we will put ground troops in. Us Americans love war. We strive on it, and with and economy that is going down the crapper. It only makes sense that a possible WW3 is on it's way.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
For the life of me I don't understand his penchant for boxing himself in with his statements. It just proves he is not ready for prime time and is a fish out of water when it comes to foreign affairs.

It's not like he comes up with this stuff all by himself. I'm sure the Joint Chiefs are telling him there's no need for troops on the ground too.........but we all know unexpected things can happen in a conflict, and it would be very easy to go back on his word if "something" were to happen that escalates the situation.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Great points.
This is always overlooked in these situations

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"mission creep"( This wil be Just one more you tube video(news clip) to repost after this limited operation goes completely to sheit...")
I'm an "air power guy"( advocate) but it takes boots on the ground to hold territory: once the defender figures out if he intermingles his forces with civilians It negates( or "complicates"):the advantage of superior artillery and" air" .
I predict We will be on the ground there.Sorting "good" Libyans from "bad" Libyans. As if its any of our business...
edit on 23-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Is there a link?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
well....here it is :

Marines, assigned to the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) at Camp Lejuene, are "preserving the sanctity of the city [of Ajdubiyah] and the safety of the civilians within it."

An ABC affiliate in North Carolina says more than 2,000 U.S. Marines are on the ground in Libya.

here's the link: www.onenewsnow.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Is there a link?

I was in such a big hurry I forgot to add it because of WWIII breaking out ANY second...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Is there a link?

he does speak eloquently though
edit on 23-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Is there a link?

I was in such a big hurry I forgot to add it because of WWIII breaking out ANY second...

LOL thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Hang on.......so they're there already? 2,000 Marines on the ground as we speak

Does Obama even know what's going on - or is he the most blatant liar I've ever seen? I'm not sure which option is worse actually....

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie

well....here it is :

Marines, assigned to the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) at Camp Lejuene, are "preserving the sanctity of the city [of Ajdubiyah] and the safety of the civilians within it."

An ABC affiliate in North Carolina says more than 2,000 U.S. Marines are on the ground in Libya.

here's the link: www.onenewsnow.com...

What? huh? that's slick.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
reply to post by megabogie

Hang on.......so they're there already? 2,000 Marines on the ground as we speak

Does Obama even know what's going on - or is he the most blatant liar I've ever seen? I'm not sure which option is worse actually....

Looks like it.

All of the above?
edit on 123131p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I had heard that on the radio this morning and figured I better check it out. It does make you wonder why he would state that we wouldn't...just don't say anything so you can leave your options open. I haven't found a national news outlet yet reporting it...just that local carolina station

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Security force or a ground invasion?
I wish somebody would get the disinformation straight

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join