It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rules out 'land invasion' in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It doesn't sound like an actual invasion...just that they are there. Remember, this is just a local TV station in North Carolina reporting this...not CNN, MSNBC, BBC...not that they could be believed anyway. I'll keep scanning and see if anyone else starts running the story

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

I need to wear my hip-waders to get through half the threads on the Libyan issue.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

From what I have been hearing , Covert Boots have Already been on the Ground since the beginning of this Libyian Uprising . " Boots" are also being used to locate and " Paint" targets on the ground since the Airstrikes began . Guess Obama will be in denile of that Fact too , eh ?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
if you click on the link of the story ;www.onenewsnow.com...
then further click on the link to the TV station the article is quoting www.wcti12.com...
it's actually not the same story. The TV station does not say they are on the ground...just that 2000 marines are taking part in the battle or whatever you call an unofficial war. So the One News Now story is actually embellishing what the carolina station is saying..... so maybe they are not actually on the ground but fighting from the air.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

agreed! good observation and that makes it even more concerning.My larger point would be his lack of understanding the puzzle that is the middle east. He said nothing when Iran's citizens were revolting blowing a golden opportunity to influence that theocracy. He comes out immediately and throws a long term ally under the bus in Egypt even if he was a despot) completely confusing our other allies in the region.Now he states that US policy is regime change in a statement about the no-fly-zone and then makes a firm statement about no ground troops. It is amazing actually.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
however, if you read the comments on the story from the TV station www.wcti12.com...
the people talk as if the troops are on the ground

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.wcti12.com...

It was the Marines on the ground that saved the pilot of the downed F-15 that had 'mechanical' problems and crashed.

Who else is supporting the rebels?

www.jpost.com...

Yeah, those guys we helped in Afghanistan who later bombed the USS Cole and implemented the 9/11 attacks. It is a vicious cycle folks. You also have the attack in Jerusalem..

www.jpost.com...

Prvoking the Jewish state and then there is Syria...

www.nytimes.com...

Where the Iranians and the Saudis are having 'their' proxy war.

It was never about the oil, it was about the strategic placing of assets.

Obama is bringing change that will not be reverted. He is a puppet with no real connections. He is being used. It is like being the new kids in class except it is the world stage. At least Bush had some balls and we know Clinton did

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It was the Marines on the ground that saved the pilot of the downed F-15 that had 'mechanical' problems and crashed.

Sorry but you were wrong with this statement, the downed pilots were rescued by 2 Ospreys, the only forces currently on the ground when the F15s went down were special forces, atleast SAS i know for a fact because it was reported weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
here's another media outlet reporting it..arabnews.com...

"Published: Mar 3, 2011 23:41 Updated: Mar 3, 2011 23:41

ATHENS: Some 400 US Marines have arrived at an American naval base on the island of Crete as part of a buildup of US forces around revolt-torn Libya.

A spokesman for the Souda Bay base said Thursday that the marines arrived Wednesday from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Unit, based at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina."

Notice the date on this story...March 3rd

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

www.navytimes.com...

Sorry, but it was Marines. They are based out of England but it was the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by Itop1

www.navytimes.com...

Sorry, but it was Marines. They are based out of England but it was the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit.

The pilot of a downed Air Force F-15 Strike Eagle fighter jet in Libya was reportedly rescued by Marines in an MV-22 Osprey

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by howmuch4another

I find myself scratching my head as well.
I'm glad he came right out and said it.

Now, will he stick to it?

Here's the big thing that I also said on another thread.

If obama leaves this guy in power, Gaddafi is going to be one rich, pissed off SOB with the resources to come back after us with anything 147 tons of gold - or whatever they say Gaddafi has - can buy.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Not to go off point too far... I am a woman and I served in the Army. But even I think it is a very bad idea to have a woman as the Senior US military officer in a combat operation. Just what are they thinking? Shouldn't a combat-experienced officer (man) be the face of our operations in Libya? Most of us aren't thrilled about being there in the first place and then we go the PC route and have a woman in charge? What the @#$% ?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
reply to post by megabogie

Hang on.......so they're there already? 2,000 Marines on the ground as we speak

Does Obama even know what's going on - or is he the most blatant liar I've ever seen? I'm not sure which option is worse actually....

He's a politician,of course he is lieing his lips are moving.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So, let me see if I have this right:

Italy is threatening to "take back" control of its bases unless NATO is put in charge of Libyan strikes.

Germany is threatening to pull out altogether unless the US is in charge, fearing they will be drawn into further conflict, otherwise. *They need the US to be the scapegoat?

The French are proposing a "new committee" to oversee operations. *WTH?

Russia and China want a cease-fire.

Britain says "just assassinate Gaddafi already" *make things easier, I guess?

US is saying it will not get involved any further than it already is.

Did I miss anything?

Link, for further humor

edit on 23-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

From what I have been hearing , Covert Boots have Already been on the Ground since the beginning of this Libyian Uprising . " Boots" are also being used to locate and " Paint" targets on the ground since the Airstrikes began . Guess Obama will be in denile of that Fact too , eh ?

Thats Special Activities Division . They arn't military.

In addition we may be using PMCs. They arn't technically military either.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

So, let me see if I have this right:

Italy is threatening to "take back" control of its bases unless NATO is put in charge of Libyan strikes.

Germany is threatening to pull out altogether unless the US is in charge, fearing they will be drawn into further conflict, otherwise. *They need the US to be the scapegoat?

The French are proposing a "new committee" to oversee operations. *WTH?

Russia and China want a cease-fire.

Britain says "just assassinate Gaddafi already" *make things easier, I guess?

US is saying it will not get involved any further than it already is.

Did I miss anything?

Link, for further humor

edit on 23-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Only that you could have equated the sum of all those statements with the word "debacle" as used by civilians.

I think the military uses the more colorful term cl----r f--- to describe the same thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
well there is only one thing you can
take with you from this thread.

Obama is NOT really our president
and he is NOT calling the shots.

kinda gives credence to the MIC
aspect of the JFK Murder
doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Not really.

Historically, the POTUS hasn't been a dictator of the Executive Branch. Most Presidents in the past do not lead as autocrats in the White House. Their leadership styles are normally participative.

Autocrats usually make terrible Presidents, for example Nixon was the last real autocrat in the White House.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join