It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats members: new magazine idea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You guys have really got my gift stirred. Another idea: We can establish a network for sending and recieving info by using video and audio transmitters. Al though they only have a range of 10 miles line of sight, it would work for what we are attempting to do. I would hope that we would have thousands of people in a 10 mile radius. We could simply have one or two transmitting sites within the 10 mile radius and they could download and distribute current information within that 10 mile radius. we could actually transmit live video and audio and it all would be free. All the cost that would be necessary is that for purchase of the transmitters and recievers, which are about $400. each. we could actually sell the equipment and the profits would help to further our cause. with a little fine tuning I think this could work. what do you think ?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
DENY IGNORANCE
This is the slogan of the Above Top Secret members, it segnifies our dreams to know what is out there, this is your chance to join us, wither it is by computer, or by the newsletter that will be starting soon. We are here to put our two cents into the stream of mindless media that you listin and wacth every day.

Frist paraghrap of the letter done!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Those of us who have already decided we want to help...

Let's start putting our heads together.......

The more we get things together the more people will want to contribute...

We should have a live chat sesion or something...

All in favor say I.........

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
You guys have really got my gift stirred. Another idea: We can establish a network for sending and recieving info by using video and audio transmitters. Al though they only have a range of 10 miles line of sight, it would work for what we are attempting to do. I would hope that we would have thousands of people in a 10 mile radius. We could simply have one or two transmitting sites within the 10 mile radius and they could download and distribute current information within that 10 mile radius. we could actually transmit live video and audio and it all would be free. All the cost that would be necessary is that for purchase of the transmitters and recievers, which are about $400. each. we could actually sell the equipment and the profits would help to further our cause. with a little fine tuning I think this could work. what do you think ?

This could definitely work also...........Let's start talking...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"i" see you guys on the chat then, oh, and i made a little some thing to get my friends to go on this site,lol
DENY IGNORANCE
This is the slogan of the Above Top Secret members, it segnifies our dreams to know what is out there, this is your chance to join us, wither it is by computer, or by the newsletter that will be starting soon. We are here to put our two cents into the stream of mindless media that you listin and wacth every day.

AboveTopSecret.com Or Above Top Secret Monthly Newsletter

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is definitely an interesting idea. I remember in the times of the Nazi occupation of France and the Channel Isles that people would print anti-occupation broadsheets etc and distribute them manually. You never know, this may happen here sooner than you think.

We could always have ATSTV

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm in favor of live chat. But if we got our own channel how about give each forum a tv show.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We need to start out like other magazines or newspapers do:

Mail people a free subscription then have a form to fill out if they wish to subscribe........

Whoever wants to do the radio thing start speaking up....... I don't care for it personally so i'll stay out of that, those who day start talking to eachother....

If we really care about getting our country we have to start acting like it....

I personally want to write articles attend fundraiser's sink in some money to this thing, campaign in my county, and get the word out.......

I picture a newspaper stand sitting next the the NYTIMES one day...

And the more we start communicating with eachother the more we can get thsi done......

Paypal accounts/ visa/mastercard/money order whatever......
This is a business so it needs to be conducted as one...

If we all contribute money and work in our area the more it will get out...

Let's stop worrying about who gets what... That is the first problem and turns people off..
Stick to getting our country back..
That's whats important, now who wants to start writing???

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread is on fire, i hadn't been able to read all of the posts without several new ones being posted!

Anyway, I very much like the idea you all are proposing. One thing the idea needs before it can go beyond an idea, is a business plan. Business plans are essential to anything of a calibur such as this. They keep everyone focused and on the right direction. And its also a sign of how serious people are, if someone takes the time to write a business plan, they mean business (pardon the pun).

I say that the first step is having an online meeting between the people who wish to volunteer their time and discuss how the business plan should be set up. Then, write the business plan.

I noticed the question of 'where will startup money come from?' Well, with a business plan, a strong management team (VC companies look for educated people and those familiar with a specific industry), and the potential for profit, you can get in contact with Venture Capital Companies to fund a business. They provide anywhere from $thousands to $millions if the investment looks promissing.

That brings up another point though. What type of business entity this project should be? If it is a Corporation, it would be driven by profits, can raise money through the sale of Stock, and have many other advantages along those lines. It could also be a Non-Profit organization, which would have the ability to collect tax-deductable donations and fundraisers. A non-profit org. would be less driven by profits and money, but it would grow alot slower and would require a greater deal of monetary and volunteer contribution.

Either way, all of the money coming back to this project through the sales of merchandise, subscriptions, advertisements, etc. would go back into the project to further its goals of revealing the truth. I don't think that we should limit ourselves to just a magazine or newsletter either, we should eventually do some hands on research that would be sponsored by the project. I U2Ud SO about an idea similar to this last month, but never got a response.

Letter to SO:

I just read your post on the new ATS Stuff Store. I think that's an awesome idea and I like the direction you are taking it. I saw that you will be donating all profits to international charity, which is every honorable. Although, I was wonderign why ATS does not create it's own Non-Profit Organization that seeks to uncover the truths of the world while Denying Ignorance... ATS could reach a new level and make real changes throughout the world by helping spread and discover true knowledge. ATS could sponsor trips to certain parts of the world or train certain members to be private investigators and legally investigate specific topics. ATS could set up regional research groups with specified monetary backing to research certain situations in all parts of the world. ATS could publish its findings not only online, but in a printed research journal that would say... be released quarterly. It could sponsor annual member meetings to discuss how it will continue to seek out knowledge. ATS could become a world reknown research group for conspiracy and out of the normal topics. I have many ideas on how this could be implimented... I see this as a chance for AboveTopSecret to take a big step forward. If you are interested, I am co-founder of a legal corporation in the state of Illinois and would be more than willing to donate my knowledge and time to helping set something such as this up, and my company would be willing to make monetary donations to an organization such as I described. I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks.

Let me know what you guys think.

I personally will be able to contribute plenty of time to this project. Pending on the structure of it, I will also be able to contribute money. If it is a Corporation, I will be more than willing to buy stock to help get it off of the ground. If it is a Non-Profit Organization, my business will be willing to make tax-deductible donations to further the cause.

I will try to keep up with this thread to see how the idea progresses. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I would definately want to get in on this if all is done legit!
ATS mag hmmm.... Allready enough material on these forums for 5 years worth of magazines.

X

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes we're going to have to write a business plan...... It only makes sense...

LastDayProphet and I seem to be the only ones being consistent. Silliness you , LDP, and I can definitely contribute money to this, I will also buy stocks to help out and watch it grow..

We need to get together to write a business plan..

Again I say, let's do it!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i like all of this, i'll write about what ever you guys want me too, give me a topic and i'll give it life!!!!!!
oh, and if we go into merchendise, i say we should get little alien bobble heads with ats and deny ignorance on it, for two resons, to make it seem like we're a jpoke to the goverment, but to also get a few more costimers.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

This is an excellent Idea, you know I am in it all the way. I am truly tired of the way they con us in so many different areas, devide and conquer is their rule, keep us fighting amongst ourselves and we won't see who the true enemy is, which is THEM. I believe once we unite we can begin to produce our own products and totally shut them down. We can push foward technologies such as solar and wind, electric vehicles, produce our own crops that are not poisoned. I think most americans will join in, for most are tired of the ways things are being done, but there seems to be no options. We shall create an option, if we all work together, we have to set aside black, white, yellow and green and all come together to make this a better world for our children. They have pitted us one against another, while they are a enemy to us all. They run the drug companies and charge us outrageouus prices for solutions to the problems they have caused. We must come together NOW, before it's too late.

This should be part of our business plan... This is a reason for the action...
Very good.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I went to the chat room true, but my messages did not post, it's new to me, maybe I was doing something wrong. On our main issue, I think we must first ouline our agenda and set a timetable for implimentation. we need to determine what companies we will boycott, which people we want out of office, what products we will sell for fundraising, what communication system needs to be set up and where we will hold our discussions.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
HEY, you left out me!
i have friends that i could get to join this, that have LOTs of money to contrebute, and i'm a pretty goot writer, thanks in part to microsoft spell check,lol.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
yes,timetable,funds,cooperate takeover, i like it....
i think we should get a few senor Ats members who join this to run for president,so long as they are sure to not leave huge holes in there plan for the US, i mean, jhon kerry thinks that if we pull out of iraq, they'll lay off....

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I went to the chat room true, but my messages did not post, it's new to me, maybe I was doing something wrong. On our main issue, I think we must first ouline our agenda and set a timetable for implimentation. we need to determine what companies we will boycott, which people we want out of office, what products we will sell for fundraising, what communication system needs to be set up and where we will hold our discussions.

Ok LDP, let's start the agenda, a timetable for implementation and et all...
We'll need to have a board meeting per se...

The TEESHIRTS enables advertising and provides finances
NETWORK- Sends and recieves info via video and audio thus reaching thousand in a 10 mile radious, have 1 or 2 sites, and the trans and recievers will cost $400....

I can help pay for this.......

We need to start putting our heads together......
Silliness-LDP-and I should start talking about this since we're the only ones are serious about this...

Let's try and get this straightened in within a month or two.....

we'll need contact info from eachother... This corporation will need to go through with stocks, companies really fly when people want to buy stocks, the more people start seeing we're serious the more they will want a piece of the pie......

We'll worry about the advertising later Evil... Right now we have to talk business...
Let's start putting our heads together...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
aw man, i won't beable to go only next week, i have band camp, but the week after i'll probaly be on allmost every day at night, cuase i'm staying at my grans house

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Good general idea. Suggestions:

a) ATS publishing should start with books, not newspapers or magazines, b/c:

i) not enough stuff comes out day in/day out to make a newspaper reasonable -- that's what the forums and ATSNN are for
ii) a magazine or newsletter might be a good next step, but I'd hold off on it. what I'd want to see from "ATS -- The Magazine" would be something like this: proceeds from book sales go to fund researchers to go do in-depth, in-person, on-location research...probably on topics voted on / suggested by ATS people on the board. To be able to do that, we'd need money and a staff of good researchers who can do this fulltime, and I'd say that the ATS Press would be the best way to raise that money and find the quality writers.
iii) the kind of books we want aren't likely to be published by profit-seeking organizations. what I'd want to buy is something like, say: Roswell, all the facts, none of the BS...most of the stuff in the fringe publishing world is a mix of disinfo and speculation with facts, and is rarely worth the paper it's printed on. I'd want something that definitively sets the record straight � ie, on this topic we KNOW this, we DON'T KNOW that � but that's not gonna sell nearly so well as, say, David Icke, so it'd need to be funded itself.

b) Similarly, we'd want to start by producing videos/dvds, not starting a tv or radio station, for all the same reasons as above

Now, say we start ATSBooks...easiest thing to do is something like this:

to start up:

i) make it a coop, say, to stay a member it's $20 a year (though you can pay in as much as you want, with details to be arranged), from which some chunk is used to set up an interest-earning bank account and the other funds cover the day-to-day costs of running it
ii) members elect a governing board and suggest potential topics for initial books
iii) governing board and members narrow down the topics to a shorter list, and the members prioritize the topics
iv) the highest-prioritized topics get chosen as "launch titles" for ATSBooks
v) members are encouraged to apply for editorships on the books, or to suggest that certain people apply
vi) people applying for the book write essays explaining their vision for the book, why they want to do it, etc.
vii) members post their comments on as many applications as they can
viii) the governing board picks a tentative candidate for each book
ix) the members either ratify or don't ratify the candidates for each book; books whose candidates aren't ratified are then put back to step vii)
x) ratified authors begin work on the book, drawing a stipend to help with the costs of researching/compiling it (hopefully the stipend would be sufficient to support doing this work fulltime, but in the beginning it'd be pretty meager)
xi) authors are expected to give weekly progress reports, and monthly summaries, and stay on task and meet deadlines, etc.,
xii) the finished books are approved / not approved by the members (maybe just the governing board, or maybe by a particular committee for each book)
xiii) unapproved books are sent back to be fixed up, approved books sent to be published

then, once the books are published, the proceeds are broken down as follows:

i) some goes into our interest-earning account
ii) some goes towards next year's goals -- new books, etc.,
iii) some is at the discretion of the members -- maybe paid out in dividends, maybe spent towards i) or ii), etc,

and then the cycle repeats. Hopefully, the profit here will be enough that after a few years the coop can afford a semi-professional to professional fulltime staff to do indepth research of the kind we'd like to see done, but can't afford to do individually. if it's big enough we could also branch out into other businesses / member services, who knows?

I'd love to see a huge, DK-books style reference work on 9/11. Any comments on the "business plan" or on possible "launch titles"?

[edit on 22-7-2004 by sisonek]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
cool, i like that, this could help me, and others get a start at a writeing carrer... i'll start reshurching for a ufo book as soon as i finish this game of pong...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join