It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats members: new magazine idea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
TrueLies:

the stock idea is probably not a good one, definitely not initially. What stock literally is is partial ownership of an organization; given the nature of ATS you wouldn't want to have the stocks purchasable by just anyone, or at least not the majority of available shares be purchasable. It'd be better to make it a privately-held organization owned by the members and run like a credit-union, purchasing coop, or something else similar...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisonek
TrueLies:

the stock idea is probably not a good one, definitely not initially. What stock literally is is partial ownership of an organization; given the nature of ATS you wouldn't want to have the stocks purchasable by just anyone, or at least not the majority of available shares be purchasable. It'd be better to make it a privately-held organization owned by the members and run like a credit-union, purchasing coop, or something else similar...

That's the plan..........

partial ownership of an org... whoever said this was an ats magazine??
I think people on this site who are serious should invest together in the name of good citzenery and country... I always thought stock holding was good for business. look at microsoft..

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Truelies: you said this to start the thread:

Ats Members it's time!! Let's beat em at their own game!

if we could start a national magazine we all subscribe to it turn it into a corporation buy stocks in it, all of ATSers will own a piece of the pie, and more and more people will tune in and hopefully wake up!!!

I put a post (the last one on page 3) critiquing the business plan a bit...and I'm sticking with my suggestion to create a privately held organization modeled on a coop or credit union. going public won't be reasonable until there's a functioning business, and going public entails giving up a good measure of control over the organization and its direction.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Your talking about ATSbooks??

Those who are serious about getting involed financially need to come together, a magazine would be good, I'm not so sure about books. Writing volumes??

That's too much...

Starting small is a good first step, books maybe later, but right now this idea is too young.

Magazine subscription allows the company to venture out through other outlets, the magazine would have just the right amount of information, you don't want to clog people's heads with too much information, if you have a magazine, it's big enough to read in a day or two, and most likely will sit on a coffee table or countertop.

It wouldn't be an ats magazine, doing that is taking credit away from the founders and members.

Ats members need to come together and do things for their country and fellow countrymen, the least we could do for now is a magazine, and please explain why stocks are a bad thing? Do stocks not show confidence in a product or company?

If you start small you can venture out into other areas, personally I believe a book series is too much too soon, it would be too much for people to take in and not enough people will be interested.. Easy reading for the lazy people in society is what would trigger more intrigue.. But thats just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Any comments on the "business plan" or on possible "launch titles"?

[edit on 22-7-2004 by sisonek]

I just U2Ud TrueLies about that. If anyone would like to help us write the plan and contribute thoughts, U2U me or TrueLies. If you would like to help write this, I suggest using Palo Alto's Business Plan Pro to familiarize yourself with what this entails.

Something else I wanted to ask everyone, if this is going to be a corporation, in which state will it be established? If we have full flexibility in its location, Nevada may be something to seriously look into as they keep the corporations' share holders totally confidential to the IRS and government. Plus Nevada has no state corporate or personal income tax or corporate shares tax.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous
Something else I wanted to ask everyone, if this is going to be a corporation, in which state will it be established? If we have full flexibility in its location, Nevada may be something to seriously look into as they keep the corporations' share holders totally confidential to the IRS and government. Plus Nevada has no state corporate or personal income tax or corporate shares tax.

I think that is smart, thanks for sharing the info... That's super info...

I'll say to that...
Good call silli.

I'm in Mi btw your not too far from Mi if you ever want to meet for a business lunch, we can go over the info we come up with...

Eventually we should all get together and go over it.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Truelies: you said this to start the thread:

Ats Members it's time!! Let's beat em at their own game!

if we could start a national magazine we all subscribe to it turn it into a corporation buy stocks in it, all of ATSers will own a piece of the pie, and more and more people will tune in and hopefully wake up!!!

I put a post (the last one on page 3) critiquing the business plan a bit...and I'm sticking with my suggestion to create a privately held organization modeled on a coop or credit union. going public won't be reasonable until there's a functioning business, and going public entails giving up a good measure of control over the organization and its direction.

I don't think that it was ever suggested to initially go public. That would be pretty impracticle. Corporations can be privately held while still selling stock. Yes, there are many restrictions, like you can't publicly solicate the sales of shares in a privately held corp. Althoguh i don't totally disagree with your sugestions, i think we should look into a coop type busines. Once we become a little more organzied, we will contact an attorney to properly advise us.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This sounds like a good idea, if we want to work together we'll have to talk about this in depth... And I suggest a conference call or meet in msn chat or something..

I have no problem contributing financially to something like this, in fact it's always been my agenda, and i'm happy to say that I think i've found some good business partner, silli, ldp, and sisonek, we'll have to talk more, i've tlaked to the others privately, and yet to formally introduce myself.

Please, whenever you guys have time to set aside let me know, i'll be availble until 430.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
edit: nevermind

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
edit:nevermind (off topic)

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
... I have officially begun writing the business plan. I am so not looking forward to this, but it must be done
The first section is going smoothly... only 72 more to go. TrueLies, i'll U2U you where I am at and what I would like you to work on, if you haven't started already.

I am sure that I will come across many small things that I will need help phrasing, which i will either post on here or in a new topic for other ATSers to help with.

It has begun...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I would love to help you guys out-

I would think it could be better to start with a quarterly sort of magazine, gradually increase possibly to monthly and we could mention the upcoming books or give small samples as they were in production... I would have no problem buying extra issues to give out as samples as well.

As a hint, you would want to check your local laws before you stuff any ads into any mailbox- you can get fined and arrested for that. You have to actually mail it.

Though, if we did advertise through bulk mailing we could get a HUGE discount on the price of stamps.

I have some money, but it would be available as I budget it and as a continual stream more than an up-front lump sum. (an unplanned child does that to your finances)

Can I see the business plan when you finish it?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I registered a domain name yesterday, www.changetheus.com. This can be used if you like. I am going to start the site myself since i did a few posts here and got just a little feedback. I saw this thread and I wanted to say i want to help in any way i can. I can help spread the word in FL.

Start with t-shirts . Set up contacts at colleges and entertainment venues were younger people will be. Sell the t-shirts, give a few away. Give out a small magazine. You have to use the right demographic to first get the word out, kids.... This is free advertising. People love t-shirts, and if you can put a message on them. all the better for everyone who looks at it to read. Hopefully parents and friends will see the t-shirt, and ask where they can get one, or they remember the link on the back to a website. They will at least go to the site once, and maybe buy a t-shirt.

It is like trying to promote anything. I have experience doing it with entertainment(bands). Make contacts in other areas of the country. Start small and make a bigger network. Hell, six months from now you get posted on FARK and then the hits are trifold. Whispers to the correct people in radio and you are mentioned on a AM radio station. Once the ball is rolling, there is nothing to stop us.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
sillinous, I started the bib plan yesterday, i'll u2u when I am done...
Since you don't live far from me, we should meet and go over them...
Anybody else who wishes to help, u2u sillinous or myself the more the merrier!

I don't think a quarterly magazine would do the trick because it would be easily forgotten about, these subjects are very interesting and there are many, the goal is make people want more... More knowledge, more intrigue, who wants to wait for a quarterly magazine when subjects are that good, having them want to sit and wait for the monthy magazine is the goal..

esdad, thats very thoughtful, maybe we can use that site to post info, samples of the mag, the purpose, contact info, links, ect...
Back to the drawing board!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That is the idea. I am going to be working on this for hte next couple of months so many ideas or help would be appreciated. We not to not only deny ignorance, but also defy it...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
maybe we should see where everyone interested is... I'm in Michigan too...

The idea of Nevada as a state to found from would be good, but do we need someone from Nevada to do that?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl
maybe we should see where everyone interested is... I'm in Michigan too...

The idea of Nevada as a state to found from would be good, but do we need someone from Nevada to do that?

Central Illinois here.

And about Nevada, no we do not need to be there. There are businesses in Nevada that do nothing but set up businesses and PO boxes for people wanting a Nevada Corporation so that won't be much of a problem.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Okay everyone, I need some help.

I'm creating the Business Plan for this and am having a few problems. At the begining the project will have alot of expences, which will have to be countered by income.

I need a list of products and maybe services that this business/organization could offer to generate income. So far I have a few...
-Magazine (either monthly or weekly)
-Advertisement Sales
-Subscription Sales
-Merchandise
-T-Shirts, hats, etc.

We need some intuitive products or services for this project to compliment the main idea of spreading truth and countering propaganda, I know there are many smart people on this board that could help with their creativity.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
yo yo bigneum here from hawaii let me know what i gotta do u2u me for real and lets get this show on the road aight
smell ya l8terz ats
bigneum

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Actually, Winamp radio is readily accessable by everyone

We could do an internet radio station like this:

Have one broadcast time, (broadcasting is free btw)

And have ATSNN top reporters piece together stories and have people upload voice auditions to be the anchor!

Check out www.breakfornews.com, we might could merger with them

They have a great radio broadcast but no forums

We have great forums but no radio broadcast... hmmm

[edit on 7/23/2004 by lockheed]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join