It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats members: new magazine idea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
if we could start a national magazine we all subscribe to it turn it into a corporation buy stocks in it, all of ATSers will own a piece of the pie, and more and more people will tune in and hopefully wake up!!!

This has to do with changing everybody's fundamental reasoning.
This takes effort from everybody, these days people are looking for others to think for them, it's a lazy society, created by the ones with power.

It takes motivation to change your consciousness, if everyone can agree on that then this is the first step.

Media will never change unless there is a new way to get news to people and once they see that people are paying attention to the other souce of information they will follow, but I wouldn't turn back to them because they have decieved us in the past and they will do it again once we start tuning into them...

We need to start taking iniative for ourselves,

Maybe start a nation wide magazine or newspaper. No broadcasting corp will air the kinds of info we want. We want the truth no station provides this.

We need a people's corporation if they are going to defeat us via media brainwashing, we need to beat them at their own game.

If we don't tune into tv media news eventually they must evolve or go away.

We as a society need to evolve consciously, we need to get together and support eachother and if we form a people's corporation we could end up on top instead of the bottom.

Kind of like the movie changing places....

(Taken off LastDay Prophet's thread)

Action people! We're always talk and no action, we know what's going on out there it is our duty as American's to wake other's up!
If anybody likes tihs idea let's hear it!

Currently us American's are no safe, it's just going to get worse in the years to come, the American corporation is plotting against us, we cannot let our freedoms and eachother down...
We need remarkable leadership Valhall would be good at being Editer in chief, all the people who have their "writer -scholar" "fighter" ect would be perfect for this as well as other fellow atsers...

We've examined our government, the strategy must be balanced, we need every tool, we need to play offense to beat the greedy corporations at their own game, we need a better dialogue then what the main stream media is putting out... Let's incorporate before our freedom of speech is taken away!
Woohoo!

[edit on 22-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We need a TV station. We have to get real media out there.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
We need a TV station. We have to get real media out there.

I wanna be the "Anchorman"

[edit on 7/22/2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Or as a start a radio station. Easier and cheaper to have than a tv station.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
No broadcasting company will do this, we need magazine/newspapers all dedicated to this... We need to open a business and get on wall street baby, if we all buy shares in this company it will be huge, it will spread like wild fire, and eventually hopefully we could get a network to broadcast the truth, if we act together as repubs and dems we can make the country more safe and secure and expose those aholes for what they are...

People buy more papers then they do watching tv, newspapers and magazines don't just get swept under the rug like media reports do...

We need to stop having self defeatist attitudes and come together, this will be pretty easy since we're by the hundreds if not dozens!

I vow to campaign in my area about our magazine, I will go to a printing company and print out subscription magazine requests and drop them in the mail boxes around here!

I promise if this happens to buy stocks in our new corporation/company ...

the more we come together the more waves will be made and hopefull we'll eventually be able to drown out the lies and take our country back!

But we need everybody banding together conservative/liberal....
We can't live with partisanship any longer it is driving the gap further and there will be more room open for bs.
We need to expose them now.
I strongly believe fellow ATS'ers are the countries hope. There are other organizations out there but obviously they aren't making enough waves.

I know we can do this if we come together and unite instead of divide...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

It needs to be on paper, If people read this and they will it's just too interesting to not, people can use their own imagination and that way the impact will be bigger, if people have things being read to them ect, the impact isn't as big, the whole point is to get the points across and to make them stick, having them streamed or on television doesn't have that much as an impact as reading does, reading allows people to take it all in at their own pace, it sticks more and it will most likely sit around on people's coffee tables and counter tops... Always there... See?

Verbal education doesn't affect people as much as reading does... How much do you remember learning things from a professor?
How much do you remember from reading a book? The details, what happened, ect...

It just has more of an impact...

I do hope eventually we'd be able to have a broadcasting company but it just doesn't happen with the snap of a finger...

Hannity didn't get on tv out of nowhere he worked his way up...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well yes thats all true. I was just saying that radio was easier to do than TV. I remember that we were toying with the idea of an ATS newsletter but that never got off the ground.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

Your very right, that would be a great start!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
its a good idea but to what point would it be invaded by government officials to stop some ideas being put to other members of the public ???
I do like the idea though as we could have babe cast on after 9pm

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well to start off a radio station sounds nice exept they can only cover one city during the day. As for a TV station we could get a show on the Sci-Fi Channel. I think a newspaper or a magizine would be the best idea. Only I don't want this turning into a corporation. Other wise we'll have to pay membership fees. I know how about a website.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If it's down on paper they can't shut us up, if it's on Media they more of a chance to shut us up.. The FCC is dictated to by the gov't...

If it's down on paper the damage has been done and it's already in people's mailboxes, how are they going to intercept that connection?

You can't...

And if they do that on radion then it will wake people up even more and then they will eventually stop paying attention to mainstream media, invest their time and money into the papers n radio and we can overcome the corporation that is running our lives into a cage...

It's a financial game, corporations make their money from us, we need to take their place.... For the better, the truth will set us all free, and that includes getting away from mainstream, shuttin em down, get them to stop sucking the partisan dick, and get back to fair and balanced news...

And restore power back to the where it belongs, the more we feed the corporate fire the more we lose... Turn the tables people...

[edit on 22-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
But will need topics to put out a newspaper every month. And theres just not enough new conspiracies to do that. As for the radio it just so happens that I have contacts.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are always conspiracies , we all think of new things everyday...

If you have radio contacts how often will it be aired, and didn't cloak and dagger get intercepted and shut down for their conspiracy theories??

The NSA have more power over the airwaves then we think...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The really hard part is the market, If it went satilite the FCC couldnt do crap.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i say we should start off with a newsletter, or magazine, get a few represenitves in each state in the US, and the other countrys, and then, once you get some money off that, get a show, and really, i don't think the money for a show whold make much differcne, we need someone to pich the idea to like, scifi, or maby the discovery channel, then, just get some "ancherppl" and reporters, and you got a show, oh, and some graphic ppl, and music for the top of the show, and stuff like that.... and a cacthy phrase.
anyway, anything that comes up, i'll help the best i can

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Luckly for us this the internet is safe since its completly international. Plus ATSNN always is packed with recent news. Trust me theres enough stuff that appears everyday to make a news channel. And if it is radio people could call in for discussion. Cool eh. But like I said before radio is only local during the daytime.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is an excellent Idea, you know I am in it all the way. I am truly tired of the way they con us in so many different areas, devide and conquer is their rule, keep us fighting amongst ourselves and we won't see who the true enemy is, which is THEM. I believe once we unite we can begin to produce our own products and totally shut them down. We can push foward technologies such as solar and wind, electric vehicles, produce our own crops that are not poisoned. I think most americans will join in, for most are tired of the ways things are being done, but there seems to be no options. We shall create an option, if we all work together, we have to set aside black, white, yellow and green and all come together to make this a better world for our children. They have pitted us one against another, while they are a enemy to us all. They run the drug companies and charge us outrageouus prices for solutions to the problems they have caused. We must come together NOW, before it's too late.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilLink
i say we should start off with a newsletter, or magazine, get a few represenitves in each state in the US, and the other countrys, and then, once you get some money off that, get a show, and really, i don't think the money for a show whold make much differcne, we need someone to pich the idea to like, scifi, or maby the discovery channel, then, just get some "ancherppl" and reporters, and you got a show, oh, and some graphic ppl, and music for the top of the show, and stuff like that.... and a cacthy phrase.
anyway, anything that comes up, i'll help the best i can

Excellent!

How about "National Truth" " A non-partisan magazine "

On the cover we'll have obviously a main story, starting out with a big bang such as " Mainstream media and why they want to distort the truth"

something along those lines..

Open with a big bang, grab people's attention, I swear I will go around my neighbourhood and do what I can.

We really need to get this off the ground this time though, corporate america is tying a noose around our necks...

We'll have all Ats members write articles, opinions and such we'll rotate to make sure it's fair... we should really have stocks too it will get more attention and funding this way... corporate america is making money off us this way why not do it to them...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i think the radio idea is bad, it would take way to much to put i all to gether unless you go a station on like,XM,
i think like a hundred or so page newsletter a mounth would be good, that way, ppl could learn about the site, and then join, plus, if they don't have the internet, the might get hooked, and buy it month after month, and bring in some more profit for ATS, not that they need it.
and a news show on scifi, i think they might take the idea, someone should pich the idea to them, hey, i could if you guys and ATS wanted me to, or at least try REAL hard..

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
First, who is going to finance the initial investment? Those that do will want more power in the company than the others. And since it's their money, they're less likely to put the fate of the company in to other's hands.

Second, even if we go with a cheaper alternative like radio, advertisment will become an important issue. I can see a double standard here. The media are the bad guys, but don't mind a few words from our sponsers.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think turning ATS into a media elite will take away that cozy feeling. People will be left behind. It will no longer be a community. We will turn into the same thing that we preach against.

I smell corruption.

I really think this will be a bad move for ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join