It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Fed President Warns: US Debt Situation At "Tipping Point"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Dallas Fed President Warns: US Debt Situation At "Tipping Point"

www.shtfplan.com

The U.S. debt situation is at a “tipping point,” Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher said on Tuesday, and urged the U.S. central bank to refrain from any further stimulus measures.

“If we continue down on the path on which the fiscal authorities put us, we will become insolvent. The question is when,” Fisher said in a speech at the University of Frankfurt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

More Links:
Yahoo
CNBC
edit on 23-3-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow, so now the big guns are telling us the truth. This is no tin foil hat wearing Ron Paul Supporter. The regional Federal Reserve chairman is basically telling Bernake that he is running the economy into hyperinflation and ruin! This should be a HUGE mainstream story but I doubt we will here a peep. We are here folks, the end of road hope you got your silver and weed staved up.

www.shtfplan.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mods feel free to move this to the Financial Meltdown section. In my ferver to tell ATS about it, that forum slipped my mind
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skerrako because: Mod move

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wow yeah what is going on when they admit what is coming...

It will probably not even get a peep on mainstream media while the whole libya and japan events are happening...

Heres also a Yahoo/Reuters link for the story as well.
LINK
edit on 22-3-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wow I don't what's more amazing! The response to this story when you post it in breaking news, or the response to this story when you post it in the Global Meltdown forum.

Wow!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Got some silver in the mail today.....im good, getting more... o yeah, you cant eat silver, well you cant eat paper money ether but you still hord it like its worth something

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
An idiot could predict the 'tipping point' and debt crisis in America. On a micro level, it would be no differently than you and I writing hot checks to everyone we transact with, while extorting cash from our employer.
edit on 22-3-2011 by lostviking because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
He's lying. We are WAY past the tipping point. Now the debt will be monetized, the world economy will be brought to its knees, and the American people will end up much, much less wealthy.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Got some silver in the mail today.....im good, getting more... o yeah, you cant eat silver, well you cant eat paper money ether but you still hord it like its worth something

Hey me too, I only had enough money for 9 peices but I just have this "impending doom" feeling and wanted to get my hands immediately. Good thing because it's risen $1.50 in two weeks!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
More use of ambiguous words like "insolvent." Can these people be a little more specific and tell us what it means to an average America to have his/her nation be 'insolvent'?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
the sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow. I'll watch in aw as the castle walls will fall. the crimson blood of indulgence will rain upon us all. in this, i say farewell to the great empire of freedom that lost its way. on thiss day we shall pray not unto god but unto ours because god is not the cause for this long pause.......... flatlined we lose to this very road to which we choose. as the empire turned its back on its people it lost it's soul which was me and was you.

perhaps we were forgotten

perhaps we didn't speak loud enough

perhaps..... we turned our backs too

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
]reply to post by Grumble

He's lying. We are WAY past the tipping point. Now the debt will be monetized, the world economy will be brought to its knees, and the American people will end up much, much less wealthy.
[/quote

Quite right. I'm just happy that now when I talk about it to people I can tell them the head of a Federal Reserve branch shares my views
, I am quite aware of the severity of the situation, and my SHTF plan is squarely in place

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by camaro68ss

Hey me too, I only had enough money for 9 peices but I just have this "impending doom" feeling and wanted to get my hands immediately. Good thing because it's risen $1.50 in two weeks!

That "impending doom" feeling is because an Invader Zim fan joined this website coincidentally the date this article was actually posted. Well, within the 24 hours.

Folks, I found this forum because fate is driving me insane and I've been feeling this need to bring myself back to the reality of the collapsing USD and what needs to be done.

We care a lot about the garbage pail kids 'cause they never lie. We care a lot about transformers, 'cause there's more than meets the Eye. Also, that silver just won't help you when you need to learn how to farm, garden, and become self-sufficient when the USD drops, people go mad without an emergency back-up currency, global or otherwise. It's just kind of common sense, yeah? Well, maybe not.

You invest in bullets, you invest in power. You invest in gold, you invest in risky gambling for great benefit, or nothing (commodities won't mean a thing if monetary systems aren't established post-USD collapse). You invest in food, you invest in basic survival. Food will go a long way, if you're not killed because you have it. Same thing with bullets. Same thing with gold.

Take your pick gentlemen, gentleladies, aliens living among us, robots, and/or alternate beings of Earth. Things are falling. The Eyeball says so.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well maybe THIS is why they are insolvent?

9 TRILLION Dollars Missing from Federal Reserve,Fed Inspector General Can't Explain

That is only for Fiscal Year 2009... Just listen to her...

I say let it fail and start over

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is indeed a remarkable open admission.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I know this website says "no 1-liner comments," but how in the world do Eyes that see everything lose NINE trillion dollars and say "we have no real knowledge of where it's... gone"?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I understand that the missing 9 trillion was back door deals over and above what is publicly revealed spending.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Personally, I do hope that it fails.

Where's the TEA Party? Thought that they were going to bring fiscal dicipline and jobs? Why did we give into the demands of the top 1% and keep tax rates for them low again? Doesn't seem to me that they lived up to their end of the bargan.

Maybe, fiscal policy should include some well deserved tax hikes for the rich as well as cutting spending. Maybe we can cut some defense spending and subsidies for oil and corn instead of just cutting programs for the poor, and elderly?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentOfTheSwollenEyeball
I know this website says "no 1-liner comments," but how in the world do Eyes that see everything lose NINE trillion dollars and say "we have no real knowledge of where it's... gone"?

2001 - 2.3 trillion unaccounted for in the department of defense
www.historycommons.org...

2008 it was 8.2 billion unaccounted for in Iraq
www.newser.com...

Wouldn't it be interesting if that money went into training, equipment and funding for the current situation in the middle east and north Africa.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
These guys are always years late and trillions short. We are at a tipping point
and have been for a while, but he says the economy is growing under its own
steam which is an out right lie. Any perceived upturn in the economy is just
credit expansion or re inflation of the bubble to a small degree and only
temporary and will crash worse soon.

We are at the end, they can only deflate and re-inflate very little anymore. The
market will correct itself since they refuse to do the right thing. Currency
crash is on the horizon it can do nothing else at this point, we are too far
into it to save it now even if they suddenly started doing the right things
which they won't. Get your food and water storage long with other preparations
squared away and get some silver.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Its been at tipping point since many years .

japanese and chinese were the pillars of support, but with the quake , japan might sell the t-bills to support itself . ]

thats when possibly economic disaster could occur

top topics

<<   2 >>

join