It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starve Yourself!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My whole point has been to prepare yourself ,to see what you might be up against,and to know your body.
What your body's limitations are,and how to better prepare for that.
I'm not saying that EVERY one needs to starve themselves,but more or less
what your body can handle.For all I care you can stock up on all the Funions you can get your hands on.

I just know I will have less to eat because I will be making sure my kids are fed,and that I will have
plenty of strength to go out and forage for my family.
And it may not be a bad idea to pick up a book on all the edible foods that mother nature provides.

Ever watch survivor man on Discovery channel? Course I don't think I could bite the head off a live snake

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I prefer Ori Hofmelker "Warrior Diet." Controlled fasting during the day with the only meal being your evening meal.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
I prefer Ori Hofmelker "Warrior Diet." Controlled fasting during the day with the only meal being your evening meal.

Ok,if I did that,I would just sleep all the time.
Actually,just give me a mountain dew and some peanuts for breakfast,
I'm good for the rest of the day.

Note to self: stock up on dew and nuts!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnicornsAreReal
reply to post by kdog1982

I enjoyed everything except the words "great weight loss trick"
Fasting is good in moderation as everyone who has replied has said but weight loss....seriously?!?!
I'm gonna be that girl that says "Fasting is the nice way to say anorexic" Because it is...Sorry but someone needed to say it. Most thigns described as a "trick" are just that, a trick. Go ahead, fast for a week if you want. But after that week when your body starts to eat it's own muscle, the first thing you eat will be transformed into fuel and that means FAT (muahaha) I am a very tiny girl and my weight fluctuates if I eat a hamburger. I do not starve myself but have been accused of it all my life. Understand that once your body is used to something (food, water, pooping at 4:30 everyday) it takes it a while to adapt. And while it's adapting, if you change it back your body's all like"whaaaat" and gets all confused. If your a female, fasting is a terrible idea as it will affect your menstrual cycle (calm down boys, I'll only mention it once). But if your a man...it can make you grow a ton of body hair because your body thinks you're hibernating. I get it but you're prob not a doctor so don't go around recommending your own unhealthy lifestyle to others.

Completely understand your position, but the OP only suggested to fast for a day or two, not a week or more...

I have an unfair advantage in this situation. I've grown up poor as dirt, sometimes not eating much, if anything for a week or two at a time, with very limited water. I am glad in a way that I have experienced this, because I can almost "control" my hunger, and I can function without the ill effects of not eating (mental fatigue, weakness, all that crap). It has worked against me in the way that now I LOVE food...I eat too much, and a lot of it is comprised of junk.... Maybe a perfect time to change that.
edit on 3/23/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
On occasion my work buddies and I meet up for lunch at a buffet.
I just get one plate and thats all I eat.
They may get two,but the work pretty hard and burn alot of calories and they are within heathy
weights..
But then I am sickened by someone who is 300-400 lbs in a scooter eating plate after plate after plate.
Gluttony
And my medicaid and welfare pays for that.
What was that animated movie of a robot cleaning up trash,while the people left the planet
riding around on there scooter getting fed all the time on a space cruiseship til it was cleaned up?
Thats how I feel our planet has become.
Sorry,got alittle off topic on my own thread........
What was that movie????

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
On occasion my work buddies and I meet up for lunch at a buffet.
I just get one plate and thats all I eat.
They may get two,but the work pretty hard and burn alot of calories and they are within heathy
weights..
But then I am sickened by someone who is 300-400 lbs in a scooter eating plate after plate after plate.
Gluttony
And my medicaid and welfare pays for that.
What was that animated movie of a robot cleaning up trash,while the people left the planet
riding around on there scooter getting fed all the time on a space cruiseship til it was cleaned up?
Thats how I feel our planet has become.
Sorry,got alittle off topic on my own thread........
What was that movie????

The movie you are referring to is Wall-e, a Pixar movie. Great movie, at that.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Yes,that's it!
Thank you my kids and I have watched it a 100 times.
To bad we don't have some cool spaceships like that.
At least that we don't know about and the elite have first
class tickets to them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The thing is some people are assuming everyone is the same when it comes to fasting etc.
We aren't.
I can fast and get by on it. I have a high metabolism and a durable constitution. I am also a blood group A which means less stomach acid (better for vegetatables and fruit).
Some other folks will suffer damage by fasting.

I think in the olden times everyone knew their body's a lot better and it helped gauge (along with their personality matrix) what people did back then.
So what the OP is saying it bang on, get to know your limitations, what works, what doesn't. We all have different ability's and needs etc. Get to know them!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

You obviously did not look into it. Actually eating in this manner you will experience more alertness during the day, and you sleep much better at night. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do.
edit on 3/25/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
so we should all become anorexic to survive? ....riggght. you just want the food for yourself, fatty.

This is an unsult to those who are anorexic. The OP is not talking anything like an anorexic...

OP I have always had this kind of diet lol I love breakfast and have a small dinner, usually something like a snack or sandwich. I drink LOTS of water throughout the day. I have always had a small appetite and I don't need to snack. I feel just fine and have been told I'm healthy. I get my nutrients and I eat very little. It might not work for everyone but I don't see the harm in it esp if your doctor is aware like mine have always been.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I can survive without water for up to two weeks. Really. It's just too easy. Somebody want to compete? Is somebody up for the challenge. Reply if you are...

edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

Yeah but you probably take in water in other ways like through fizzy drinks, coffee, tea, lemonade, beer, milk and who knows what else. Can you survive 2 weeks without a single drop of liquid passing your lips?!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

GREAT POST OP! S&f.

Have you noticed each time that you STARVE yourself that it is getting easier and easier to NOT drink or eat food?

Once WE ascend, will FOOD become a thing of the past?

As the "veil" between Earth and HEAVEN continues to "thin" more in 2012 and beyond, Human Creators with the help of a newly developed liquid completeness food will treat consuming food more like a PLEASURE rather than a NECESSITY.

edit on 16-12-2012 by AscendedGodMan2012 because:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AscendedGodMan2012

It has become easier.
There are times I have to remind myself to eat.
I have learned to read and understand what my body is telling me.
I know when my blood sugar gets to low,when my fiber intake is to low,when I become dehydrated.
Even becoming to hot or to cold.
I have become in tune with my body and my environment.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Cheers for your very interesting reply.

Congratulations on your efforts.

You certainly are IN-TUNE with your Body, Mind and Spirit!

Take care.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

good advice for many to try, if nothing else
to see how their minds and body's will react.

Myself i eat one meal a day, i may snack on
some days but usually not. I have been this way
for over 20 years now.

My body dose not require much food to keep it going,
before i got sick i was 190lbs all solid.

Most people would not know how to make it without
3 meals a day and snacks.. those are the ones
that are going to have real issues if things go wrong
and SHTF. Making your food go as long as you can
is a major part of survival.

*lol* I even get days where i totally forget to eat.
its not uncommon for me.. just doesn't occur to me
and my body dose not remind me, and i will wake up
the next day a lil hungry and not know why till i remember.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Yup, that is my food schedule,
evening meal only.

I dont know how people eat food when they
just wake up, my body would revolt...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Yup, that is my food schedule,
evening meal only.

I dont know how people eat food when they
just wake up, my body would revolt...

I usually eat a few hours after waking. I dont eat before bed though, I will get freaking rocks in my stomach if I do that. Usually 1 decent meal around noon works for me, with a cup of coffee, about 2 liters of water and a sometimes a few snacks here and there around dinner time to supplement the rest of the day. Usually dont get too hungry. I can and do like to pig out on something good every so often, it is hard with a small stomach though. My brother is a workout buff, he complains so much to me that I need to eat more and work out. I tell him he needs to stop, lol.
edit on 23-12-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

ADHD meds are amphetamines, of course you didn't feel like eating. You were taking speed!

I'm sure, however, that there is some validity to fasting, most religions have some form of it.

Edit: to add a bit more, watch that you don't skip eating too much when on amphetamine, you can screw up your necessary nutrition for healthy musculoskeletal functioning, among other processes in your body.
edit on 23-12-2012 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

No worries,I haven't been on those for years,couldn't stand them.
The brief use of them just help me realize the difference between need and want.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's a great idea! I'm going to get right on that, after I do some Christmas preparation today and tomorrow. Hope everyone gets a great meal with lots of good stuff this Christmas! And then we can get back to the art of starving ourselves like a high school wrestler.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join