It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starve Yourself!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Try this experiment on yourself

Do Not Try This Without Your Doctors Approval!!!!!

Only My Own Personal Experience!

Don't eat!
For a day or two.
Just drink water.
I have done it many a time,yes I'm crazy,
but it will decrease your hungar pain to nil.

I started with just a big breakfast in the morning,then water and maybe some caffeinated drinks.
I got to the point I had to make myself eat.
I just happened upon it when a doctor precribed adhd meds for me cause my wife made me do it,
and went two or three days without eating.
Got,off the meds starting eating again.
But I didn't have to snack,eat regular ,and so on.
I'm good with A big breakfast,but not always.
Maybe a lunch,but hardly any supper,maybe a little but thats all.
So training your body to not crave food all the the time,but
when your body really needs it is a key to survival when SHTF and food is
scarce.
I know,I'm crazy,but something to try.
Other religions fast,so maybe there is something to it.
edit on 22-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

I must add that I'm of average weight,blood pressure within norms,good phsycal condition
no medical issues
46 year old male of Irish descent,so beer keeps me alive!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
so we should all become anorexic to survive? ....riggght. you just want the food for yourself, fatty.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I dont eat anything all day when i have bad diarrhea lol after an operation i didnt eat for 3 days and just didnt want to. I dont find hunger pains that big of a deal, im hard as nails lol

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Fasting is very good for you. From what I understand when there is nothing in your stomach your body starts eating all the extra crap thats builds up in your body. Like stuff in your veins and stuff in your colon that just sits there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I've done this and it does work.

Being broke has helped me realize what actual hunger is all about.

Water starts to taste pretty damn good after a while.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Just remember the majic 3's

3minutes without o2

3 days without water

or 3 weeks without food

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
How about trying to eat things that contain actual food for a change? Walmart, made in China stuff = 2% food, 98% fillers and preservatives, and Eugenics goodness. You'd be surprised how well you can do on 3 REAL non-radiated apples and a quart or so of water daily, maybe change it up with non-radiated oranges, fruits with electricity the body needs.
Starving or fasting for a day or 2 is great for detoxifying all that crap and giving your organs a break to regenerate.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fasting is very good for you whether you use it for religion preferences or health.
It's a good way to let all of the bad toxins in your body to jumpstart your body again.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I can survive without water for up to two weeks. Really. It's just too easy. Somebody want to compete? Is somebody up for the challenge. Reply if you are...

edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
so we should all become anorexic to survive? ....riggght. you just want the food for yourself, fatty.

Yep.I use to be a little chubby,
but I'm still healthy 46 year old 5'7" at 160 lbs smoking like a chimney,drinking like an Irish man and can run up steps further then my younger co-workers.
But that's just in my genes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
How about trying to eat things that contain actual food for a change? Walmart, made in China stuff = 2% food, 98% fillers and preservatives, and Eugenics goodness. You'd be surprised how well you can do on 3 REAL non-radiated apples and a quart or so of water daily, maybe change it up with non-radiated oranges, fruits with electricity the body needs.
Starving or fasting for a day or 2 is great for detoxifying all that crap and giving your organs a break to regenerate.

Actually,I do feel better when I do my "fasting" although I'm not religious.
Cleans out my colon.
And I stay away from fast food,just do processed food.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I wanna compete. Can I have beer insted? (I know, just broke your joke apart sorry lol)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Actually,I do feel better when I do my "fasting" although I'm not religious.
Cleans out my colon.
And I stay away from fast food,just do processed food.

I think a great chaser for that is 8oz of warm water with a tea spoon of baking soda, it's a great flush for the system in general. If you've never done it before, your stomach may get upset, which means it's doing something it needs to do, same goes with home made colloidal silver. I've seen silver cure super staph infections, the kind most antibiotics only make stronger & more resistant.

link   

I enjoyed everything except the words "great weight loss trick"
Fasting is good in moderation as everyone who has replied has said but weight loss....seriously?!?!
I'm gonna be that girl that says "Fasting is the nice way to say anorexic" Because it is...Sorry but someone needed to say it. Most thigns described as a "trick" are just that, a trick. Go ahead, fast for a week if you want. But after that week when your body starts to eat it's own muscle, the first thing you eat will be transformed into fuel and that means FAT (muahaha) I am a very tiny girl and my weight fluctuates if I eat a hamburger. I do not starve myself but have been accused of it all my life. Understand that once your body is used to something (food, water, pooping at 4:30 everyday) it takes it a while to adapt. And while it's adapting, if you change it back your body's all like"whaaaat" and gets all confused. If your a female, fasting is a terrible idea as it will affect your menstrual cycle (calm down boys, I'll only mention it once). But if your a man...it can make you grow a ton of body hair because your body thinks you're hibernating. I get it but you're prob not a doctor so don't go around recommending your own unhealthy lifestyle to others.

link   

That's not crazy at all..it's exactly what I do as well..I find I can go all day without so much as a thought about food..I need to remind myself somedays that I haven't eaten in two days..lol. People think I'm crazy too.."Dude you haven't eaten all day wtf is wrong with you" lol..I find it hilarious people get judgemental on eaten.I find it crazy that people eat to much.In this country(u.s.) people love food..its rather disgusting..lol.

link   

Originally posted by kromaion
reply to post by Jepic

I wanna compete. Can I have beer insted? (I know, just broke your joke apart sorry lol)

You know there is a porkchop in every beer.
Ever heard that one?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnicornsAreReal

I enjoyed everything except the words "great weight loss trick"
Fasting is good in moderation as everyone who has replied has said but weight loss....seriously?!?!
I'm gonna be that girl that says "Fasting is the nice way to say anorexic" Because it is...Sorry but someone needed to say it. Most thigns described as a "trick" are just that, a trick. Go ahead, fast for a week if you want. But after that week when your body starts to eat it's own muscle, the first thing you eat will be transformed into fuel and that means FAT (muahaha) I am a very tiny girl and my weight fluctuates if I eat a hamburger. I do not starve myself but have been accused of it all my life. Understand that once your body is used to something (food, water, pooping at 4:30 everyday) it takes it a while to adapt. And while it's adapting, if you change it back your body's all like"whaaaat" and gets all confused. If your a female, fasting is a terrible idea as it will affect your menstrual cycle (calm down boys, I'll only mention it once). But if your a man...it can make you grow a ton of body hair because your body thinks you're hibernating. I get it but you're prob not a doctor so don't go around recommending your own unhealthy lifestyle to others.

I'm sorry,I shouldn't have thrown that in there,
I get carried away with my adhd sometimes.
No it's not a great weight loss trick.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

You know I was taught this by someone..you missed a three though....When you become stranded in the woods or lost....if you start to panic within three seconds...you are more than likely not going to survive.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kromaion

Actually you understood THE MESSAGE man. Only a chosen one could have grasped my comment.

Keep on rockin'!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Thank you! I very much appriciated the retraction

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join