It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate for Anti-Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just trying to gauge the opinion of Above top secret users.
Who do you think is the Anti-Christ?

[edit on 7/22/2004 by Soul Reaper]

ME

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
ummm, depends, there have been many. Bush seems to be using Christ as his personal format for war, thats kinda anti-christish, but I think what you are looking for is the one that claims himself god. This has not taken place yet. Try figuring out who would be the ideal candidate that misleads the people of the earth into believing he is going to save the world from ourselves and from . . . hehehe . . . dare I say, the celestials, angels, and the true Christ.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by ME]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Quote: By George Monbiot. Published in the Guardian 9th March 2000

Last Sunday Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, one of the contenders to become the next Pope, revealed that the Beast is currently �walking among us�. He does not, the cardinal warned, have seven heads and ten horns, but is an environmentalist with a concern for human rights, who has some knowledge of the Bible but substitutes �feelgood causes� such as humanitarian aid for �true religion�.

Read more here: www.monbiot.com...-686

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The "hottest" candidate at this point must be Maitreya, the New Age Christ; if he *really* exists, that is...

In a biblical perspective I think the Antichrist (son) would be Satan (father) incarnated. Maybe this Maitreya is Satan himself, who really knows?

www.shareintl.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Corinthas......Cardinal Biffi is a moron. Just look at what side of the church he is on. Reading the article it appears he believes in the suppression of women, the total authority of the church, and is part of a Taliban like sect of the church.

I wouldn't believe anything this man has to say.

The Devil will decieve. Maybe he is trying to decieve as well!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here are some interesting links on the subject.

www.clydelewis.com...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
The "hottest" candidate at this point must be Maitreya, the New Age Christ; if he *really* exists, that is...

In a biblical perspective I think the Antichrist (son) would be Satan (father) incarnated. Maybe this Maitreya is Satan himself, who really knows?

www.shareintl.org...

What the hell is in the top of that dudes hat? Horns maybe?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What do we need saving from now anyway??? If anyone rocked up tommorow claiming to be god or whatever he would be laughed at and taken to the nearest mental hosptial.

because of all the hype and bull* * * * out there, with people writing books and books on the subject sugesting different opinons, the truth has been forgotten and most people dive into fantasy as soon as the word "antichrist" is spoken. Firstly there IS NO SUCH SINGLUAR person called the antichrist. There is only the BEAST of Revelations who could fit the sterotype.

He is a counterfeit messiah for the world, at a time when the world really needs one.

Some things to come before beast:

1) Comet hits earth
2) major military conflict in Mid East and Israel (note this IS NOT armageddon)
3) 2 BILLION people are wiped out by a number of plagues etc (one third of the earth)
4)a third of the sun does not shine..so the day and night time period is much shorter..we lose a third of a day..making daylight about 8 hours long.

Now no matter how mean the beast is....is he going to be able to kill 2 BILLION people in 3 years??? Or make a comet hit earth??? If these things didnt happen no one would give a flying ***** about God or a counterfeit saviour etc. Im in my mid twenties and from what i know of my peer group anyone who cares or gives thought about God is either nuts or just a freak.

So point is this. Horrific stuff happens way before the beast comes into the scene. God even sends a delusion on earth. The devil is ALLOWED to decieve those who reject Jesus as Lord.

So does it matter who beast is to us?? What u going to do if you knew?? Write a book and turn it into a movie?? LOL it will be NOTHING like ANY book or film it will be REALITY!! And will you even be ALIVE to experience this beast after 2 billion have died? comet hitting earth?? Where will you be living on earth when this happens?/ Do you even know?? Will you have a job after something like this?? look what WWII did and its after affects..but only 200 million i think died during that war...2 billion?? thats the entire christian population on earth..thats three quarters of the Americas dead. 911 freaked us out ..how about the affect of a comet?? thats like 500 times more powerful than a nuclear weapon. And if so concerned about the beast why not find out about Jesus and God?? Isnt that more important for eternity than an evil being that rules for ONE HOUR??

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My friend and i were talking about this a little bit ago, and he seems to think that his best friend is the antichrist, his prof is a drawing a profet made a long time ago, that depicts the snti christ on a white horse, with a baseball hat on,
i find two things werid in this drawing though, frist that the white horse is the symbole of death, which would make a good stead I guess, and that the antichrist has a white ballcap on, which would mean that he would be alive around this time period.
now heres the good part, my friends best friend has a picture of him self, that looks almost exsacly like the picture of the antichrist, same horse, ballcaqp, and horse position...
spooky,no?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by otherwise

www.shareintl.org...

What the hell is in the top of that dudes hat? Horns maybe?

Invisible horns?

He has plenty of space *inside* the neat turban to hide all sorts of nasty things, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The anti-christ was 1st century Roman emperor Nero.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yes, we do not know when Jesus will return, so in that scenario as applicable to expectations from earlier prophetic works such as John's revelation it could be tommorrow or it could be 10 thousand years from now.

What bothers me about all this is the emphasis on the wrong, as if wrongs are to be expected because we look at the "big cheese," namely Jesus coming out of the heavens to save us, as all the while the truth is within us.

I have a feeling everyone here is neglecting "the kingdom of heaven within you." It is because you are stuck on the latest fund raising program that dwells upon problems God can vanquish with a wink of an eye!

That is far more important that a series of negative expectations that keeps feeding more money to fewer people.

So stuff your "anti-christ," I care about Jesus, his teachings of the fatherhood of God within us, and the brotherhood of all. I hope that is not too much for all of you who are preoccupied with lowered expectations and dark ages.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Henry kissinger!

I heard the karma police were after him, some parking ticket it seems.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Corinthas......Cardinal Biffi is a moron. Just look at what side of the church he is on. Reading the article it appears he believes in the suppression of women, the total authority of the church, and is part of a Taliban like sect of the church.

I wouldn't believe anything this man has to say.

The Devil will decieve. Maybe he is trying to decieve as well!

I just wanted to point toward George Monbiot (great dude) and his article which i thought was relevant.

Its not as if i made Biffi out to be any thing other than a poss candidate for the antichrist, i definately did not want to praise him as you seem to want to point out to me that he is a moron as you put it.

You would believe what who says Biffi or Monbiot?

If its Monbiot you don't believe then thats your misfortune. He is a very respected journalist, so the only "believing" is in the facts he states which I doubt you have the integrety and discipline to sit down and try to systematicly disprove as fact. Just not believeing/accepting whatever as fact is worth zilch intellectually. The rest is his opinion.

[edit on 23/7/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
if he gets re-elected (which i highly doubt its gona happen) my bet would be on george w bush.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am definetly thinking it will be the next Pope. From wat i hear the anti-christ is going to come from eastern europe within my lifetime and i am 18yrs old. So in the next 50 or so years we are suppose to see him.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think it is a tie between King Diamond and the guy that was driving in the passing lane well below the speed limit.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I heard about Maitreya back around 1992 or so. People were nervous about him way back then. I think he's a red herring.

The pope? Nope. Supposedly the anti-Christ will have everyone thinking he is the best thing since sliced bread. Half of the one billion Catholics don't listen to the pope, let alone the other 5 billion non Catholics on the planet.

G.W.? Nope. Half the country loves him, the other half hates him. The foreigners mostly hate him because it's the 'in' thing to hate America and the Americans. G.W. doesn't have the following.

Kerry? He has the foreigners loving him and half the Americans, but he isn't smart enough. The guy is a buffoon. A dupe. Nope. He can't be it.

Hillary? Foreigners love her. 1/2 of Americans love her. She's smart and ruthless. BUT ... I think she could just be an anti-Christ helper.

Koffi Annan? The leader of the UN? Nope. He's an idiot. And the UN is basically irrelevent and useless.

I do think the Anti-Christ is among us. However, the bible says that most will be decieved. So, probably no one here will be able to guess who it is because we will all most likely be deceived. That is ... IF he is on the earth now, which no one knows.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The next pope is going to be the 666-beast, at least the prophecies of the Bible tell us so.

I don't think the beast is the Antichrist though, he'll rather be the false prophet (the 2nd beast).

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am not sure who the anti-christ will be but I think his seat of power has already been created. The Bible predicts that someday a world leader will emerge from a revived Roman Empire.I think the European Union is clearly the fulfillment of this prophetic event. At some point, ten leaders will come to rule the EU. The likely reason for the ten political bosses is the need to streamline the decision making process.

And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast" (Rev: 17:10).

[edit on 23-7-2004 by ShadowXIX]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join