It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate for Anti-Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How about the possibility that no one is the anti-christ and revelations was just a book written by a guy on some hallucinogen, a guy with a great imagination, or a guy who's just plain crazy?

How about the possibility that billions of people have convinced themsevles that a book with naked ladies riding giant monsters, blood falling from the sky, and other bizarre stuff is fact (for no logical reason) even though anyone seeing such things out of a relgious context would be locked up in a padded room?

How about the possiblity that I like run-on sentences?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
According to the bible, the anti Christ will be persuasive, handsome, clever, and will sucker the whole world into one big new world order. one religion (false church) one currency.

In the bible, he will convince the nations of the world to give up thier weapons or destroy those weapons, and those weapons remaining will be given to the anti christ and his govornment.

he will also come to power seemingly against his will. he will be so widely loved, people will proclaim him messiah.

And the beginning of the tribu;latuion? Those seven years start upon the signing of a peace treaty with Israel. After the second comming.

So, Bush is definitely not the anti christ. I doubt the church will be.

It will be some secular leader hailed as divine.

Mind you, im not christian. But I was raised as such, and given alot of pounding of the book of revalations.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Kerry? He has the foreigners loving him and half the Americans, but he isn't smart enough.

Haha! Stop taking dope, kid! So Dubya is supposed to be "smarter"!?
I hardly think a guy who's not able to define and explain his foreign policy in more than 5-6 words sentences, and can't pronounce the word "nuclear" correctly is smarter than a politician who did the Senate for years, has a long record of political implication that goes as far as the '60s, and did a lot more than mediocre studies in a bachelor in History...

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
1st off,... the word Anti-Christ is only nentioned in the bible once,... and it's not in the book of Revelation. It appears in the book of I John.

Secondly,... when it's used, it is referring to the higher ranking members in the church. Also,... it tells that there may be many of these anti-christs (or false prophets) (note: False Prophet is the term used in Revelation)

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
again the post i made earlier in reference to revelations does not show the world as it is now when the beast comes. its a different place altogether.

people get all hung up on 666/ beast, but you never see a stream of threads about the angels over the euphrates or all the other stuff that happens well before the beast appears. i watched a film, i think it was called the omega code ages ago about the beast. it had the world much like it is now with the beast becoming powerful and then declaring himself god in the temple of god. but is that what the bible says will happen?? you cannot take half a paragraph out of the bible and spin a yarn on it to make money. millions watch and read books about revelations, where either its all symbolism or some of it is, and other parts are taken literally. like that wyonia rider film abouot the beast ...TOTAL crap!!!

By the time the beast comes the secular world (which rejects God and Jesus Christ) will be calling out for a saviour. Look what Hitler did before WWII. He took on the responsibility of being the german messiah, and with a country in ruins, starving and HUMILIATED (pride pride pride) all you need is mass propaganda brainwashing and you can turn the people to your will. Now that was one nation. That nation did not witness the death of a third of the worlds population, a comet hitting earth, the day getting shorter due to massive cosmic events involving the sun , moon and stars....but that is what the world will face before the beast comes. Even after all this the world will NOT accept God or Jesus. Whats the basic point in revelations anyway?? Its quoted more than once..REPENT...GIVE GLORY to GOD in HEAVEN, praise him and RECOGNISE him as the only God. But after each and every plague people DO NOT repent. So whats the expected outcome?? Those who dont repent are handed over to serve a lesser being that isnt even a God, to share in his eternal damnation and the curse on him that is from God.

It is like the parable Jesus spoke of the rich land owner who owned a vineyard. He went away from the vineyard on a long jorney and left people in charge of the vineyard. Time passed and the land owner wanted to know how things were on his vineyard so he sent a servant to them to get an update. When those who were put in charge saw the servant , they devised to murder him so they could retain control of the vineyard. Word got back to the owner so he sent another servant but they killed him like the first. So the owner thought, Ill send my son, they wouldnt kill him. His son went to them and they schemed that this was their chance, if they can kill the son they can take over control of the vineyard because the son is the heir to it and its his rightful inheritance. When the owner found out about them killing his son he had then brought to him, those who did not want him to rule his OWN vineyard, and had them bound and slaughtered before him.

The Owner is GOD
Those put in charge are certain ANGELS
The Servants are the PROPHETS
The Son is Jesus Christ the Messiah who is called Faithful and True and who is the rightful heir to all creation.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
again the post i made earlier in reference to revelations does not show the world as it is now when the beast comes. its a different place altogether.

people get all hung up on 666/ beast, but you never see a stream of threads about the angels over the euphrates or all the other stuff that happens well before the beast appears. i watched a film, i think it was called the omega code ages ago about the beast. it had the world much like it is now with the beast becoming powerful and then declaring himself god in the temple of god. but is that what the bible says will happen?? you cannot take half a paragraph out of the bible and spin a yarn on it to make money. millions watch and read books about revelations, where either its all symbolism or some of it is, and other parts are taken literally. like that wyonia rider film abouot the beast ...TOTAL crap!!!

By the time the beast comes the secular world (which rejects God and Jesus Christ) will be calling out for a saviour. Look what Hitler did before WWII. He took on the responsibility of being the german messiah, and with a country in ruins, starving and HUMILIATED (pride pride pride) all you need is mass propaganda brainwashing and you can turn the people to your will. Now that was one nation. That nation did not witness the death of a third of the worlds population, a comet hitting earth, the day getting shorter due to massive cosmic events involving the sun , moon and stars....but that is what the world will face before the beast comes. Even after all this the world will NOT accept God or Jesus. Whats the basic point in revelations anyway?? Its quoted more than once..REPENT...GIVE GLORY to GOD in HEAVEN, praise him and RECOGNISE him as the only God. But after each and every plague people DO NOT repent. So whats the expected outcome?? Those who dont repent are handed over to serve a lesser being that isnt even a God, to share in his eternal damnation and the curse on him that is from God.

It is like the parable Jesus spoke of the rich land owner who owned a vineyard. He went away from the vineyard on a long jorney and left people in charge of the vineyard. Time passed and the land owner wanted to know how things were on his vineyard so he sent a servant to them to get an update. When those who were put in charge saw the servant , they devised to murder him so they could retain control of the vineyard. Word got back to the owner so he sent another servant but they killed him like the first. So the owner thought, Ill send my son, they wouldnt kill him. His son went to them and they schemed that this was their chance, if they can kill the son they can take over control of the vineyard because the son is the heir to it and its his rightful inheritance. When the owner found out about them killing his son he had then brought to him, those who did not want him to rule his OWN vineyard, and had them bound and slaughtered before him.

The Owner is GOD
Those put in charge are certain ANGELS
The Son is Jesus Christ the Messiah who is called Faithful and True and who is the rightful heir to all creation.

I do agree with you on the point that people do get hung up on the whole 666 thing a 4 horse men and everything else in revelation.
What I don't get is why this happens,... the interpretaion for some of this in in the book of Daniel. I know not every thing is made clear to us through Daniel's interpretaions, but it gives us a good start.

Next,... I kinda lost you on that parable interpretaion,... cause the way I remember it was that The Owner rented out the vineyard to some farmers. When harvest time came around he sent a servent to to collect fruit from the renters. The farmers/tenants beat him up and sent him away empty handed. So The Owner sends another servent and the tenants beat that servant and send him away with nothing aswell. The Owner sends a third sevant and he comes back beaten and bloody. So The Owner finally decideds to send his own son to the farmers in hopes that they will respect him. When the farmers saw The Owner's son coming to the vineyard they all plotted together to kill The Owner's son in hopes of them claiming the land for themselves.
What will be come of the tenants? The Owner will surely come and kill those tenants and give the vineyard to others.
This parable was not about Angels at all,... infact the maening is given in the next 2 paragraphs,... It was a warning to the preists of what was would happen if they continued in they're ways,... and right after they're told this,... they try and find a way to arrest him so they can kill him (Jesus)then.
The Owner is GOD
The Farmers/Tenants are PRIESTS
The Son is JESUS/SANANDA

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
According to the bible, the anti Christ will be persuasive, handsome, clever, and will sucker the whole world into one big new world order. one religion (false church) one currency.

In the bible, he will convince the nations of the world to give up thier weapons or destroy those weapons, and those weapons remaining will be given to the anti christ and his govornment.

he will also come to power seemingly against his will. he will be so widely loved, people will proclaim him messiah.

And the beginning of the tribu;latuion? Those seven years start upon the signing of a peace treaty with Israel. After the second comming.

So, Bush is definitely not the anti christ. I doubt the church will be.

It will be some secular leader hailed as divine.

Mind you, im not christian. But I was raised as such, and given alot of pounding of the book of revalations.

I'm not really quite sure what version of the bible you're reading but it doesn't say any of that in any of the versions I own,... In fact 'Anti Christ' is never used in the book of revelation and as for the Tribulation (another word not in Revelation), it actually is supposed to happen long before the 'The Beast out of the Earth' appears.

Also mind you I'm not a Christian either

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Kerry? He has the foreigners loving him and half the Americans, but he isn't smart enough.

So Dubya is supposed to be "smarter"!?

Look again squirt. I didn't say G.W. was 'smarter'. I said Kerry was a buffoon and stupid. Which he is.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
The next pope is going to be the 666-beast, at least the prophecies of the Bible tell us so.

I don't think the beast is the Antichrist though, he'll rather be the false prophet (the 2nd beast).

And where exactly does the bible say this? That the next pope is going to be the beast?
Scripture scholars have poured over the bible for 20 centuries and they don't know when or where the anti-christ and/or beast will show up. But you have it all figured out that it will be when Pope John Paul II dies and the next pope is elected. Is PJPII listed by name in the bible, or the exact year perhaps? No.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The next pope is going to be the 666-beast, at least the prophecies of the Bible tell us so.

I don't think the beast is the Antichrist though, he'll rather be the false prophet (the 2nd beast).

And where exactly does the bible say this? That the next pope is going to be the beast?
Scripture scholars have poured over the bible for 20 centuries and they don't know when or where the anti-christ and/or beast will show up. But you have it all figured out that it will be when Pope John Paul II dies and the next pope is elected. Is PJPII listed by name in the bible, or the exact year perhaps? No.

I'm not sure about the next pope being an anti-christ or the 2nd beast,... however I can tell you that the next pope will be the last one for the Catholic church. I don't know who he is but I a quick Description of him is "Peter the Roman". What this means I'm yet to figure out but I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Do you think God names the men who are supposed to seduce humanity?

If you have visited the link I gave you, can you please contradict the theory on biblical basis?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
According to the bible, the anti Christ will be persuasive, handsome, clever,

thats just me all over

I don't feel that Mr.Bush is the Anti-Christ, i've heard and read theories on the next pope being the Anti-Christ and future King of England. Over the years, numerous names have been put forward, but we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Corinthas......sorry about my post. I must have misunderstood what you were trying to say about Cardinal Biffi, my bad

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would like to tell people why I am running for this position. In the past this has been a catch as catch can office in our system. I for a change have a vision for America and the World. I see a shining city on a hill, and my plan is to polish it up and do some excavation to make it even shinier and higher up on that hill.
I have buttons and banners currently being produced. As soon as i get my non-profit filing back i will be accepting donations for my candidacy. In the mean time anyone may feel free to create your own signs at home.

I would just like to take a moment to thank all of the volunteers, with out them i wouldn't have gotten this far.

REMEMBER EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE IN NOVEMBER

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I think it is obvious.

The anti-christ is.......

Dr. Phil

He is making life hell for millions of people with his nonsense

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I think it is obvious.

The anti-christ is.......

Dr. Phil

He is making life hell for millions of people with his nonsense

The Anti-Christ is coming....

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If you have visited the link I gave you, can you please contradict the theory on biblical basis?

Sorry bud, but I visited that site and I thought it was corny.
I can make any names = any set of numbers and have the
666 come up. The numberology thing of the Anti-Christ is
weak. There have been TONS of combinations of names
to equal the number 666. There will probably be a ton more
before it's all over.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
How about the possibility that no one is the anti-christ and revelations was just a book written by a guy on some hallucinogen, a guy with a great imagination, or a guy who's just plain crazy?

Actually I said this to my husband last week. John was very old (dementia?) He could easily have been very stressed out. Think about it. He's old. He's in excile. He's had a tough life (been boiled in oil once). Saw all his friends murdered. He has some stress induced dreams in his old age and .... you get the book of revelation.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That's OK. I do not!

666 come up.

Remember that it's not the name, nor the values of the name's letters that are supposed to be counted. The "name" and the "number of his name" are two separate things.

The numberology thing of the Anti-Christ is
before it's all over.

The odds of getting the number 666 by simple addition must be quite high. 84 popes with 7 different names (7 heads). The 7th lasted a short time, exactly as it is written in the Book of Revelation. I don't think this is casual...

As an addition, they did in fact count the number 666 (the sun-god) exactly the same way in ancient Babylon...

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

That's OK. I do not!

666 come up.

Remember that it's not the name, nor the values of the name's letters that are supposed to be counted. The "name" and the "number of his name" are two separate things.

The numberology thing of the Anti-Christ is
before it's all over.

The odds of getting the number 666 by simple addition must be quite high. 84 popes with 7 different names (7 heads). The 7th lasted a short time, exactly as it is written in the Book of Revelation. I don't think this is casual...

As an addition, they did in fact count the number 666 (the sun-god) exactly the same way in ancient Babylon...

Ummmm,... wow,... I mean,... I'm just speachless,...
You are very correct about the 84 popes with 7 different name (7 heads ???),.... however,... if you had bothered to actually read the rest of the bible and not just the "doom's day" part you would've come across a small book called Daniel. Now if I'm not mistaken Daniel (for whom the book is named after) has a has a vision and interprets that vision,...

And that vision is the Beast with the Seven heads and the 10 horns with a crown on each (which I might add you neglected to even mention and interpret when you netioned the Heads),...

However,... you are quite correct on the point that numerology seems to be a "lost cause" in finding the 2nd Beast (or "Beast from out of the Earth"). It most likely pertains to something with the Kabbalah or something of that nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join