It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean anomalies in Peru NOW

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
By mistake I posted in the Japan Crisis Topic, please mods help me to fix it. Thanks.

Strong waves are reported in the coastal port of Chimbote, Ancash, forcing to suspend shipping and port activities.

Local TV reported, the waves pushed to the beach nine fishing boats, and water reached the doors of homes at some human settlement in the area, also the waves made the sewer collapse, backflowing all to surface.

Locals have asked the regional authorities of Civil Defense assistance to address the problems brought by this phenomenon.

The city of Pisco is experiencing a similar situation, so also ordered the suspension of maritime activities.

The worse is still to come, authorities are warning this anomaly will become stronger in the next hours and will last untill NEXT FRIDAY??.

Link with video here (sorry but it's in spanish, no english sources yet) :

elcomercio.pe...

Remember years ago there was an earthquake & tsunami "combo" in that area : www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-3-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Hmm..how do they know it will get worse and last until Friday if it is an anomaly? Is not an anomaly an unknown factor of sorts?
for OP

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
wow, that's some heavy activity. Wonder what could be the source of it...

Hopefully they keep watch and stay safe out there.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973
reply to post by Trueman

Hmm..how do they know it will get worse and last until Friday if it is an anomaly? Is not an anomaly an unknown factor of sorts?
for OP

I agree. They must know whats going on. There is another video, reporting this anomaly started 03-12-11. Here :

www.youtube.com...

It says the ocean invaded 12 kilometers of the road along gthe coast, in Pisco.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Abnormal Waves Paralyze Port Activities In Chimbote And Pisco
Tuesday March 22, 2011 - 03:35 pm
elcomercio.pe...

The strong waves that are recorded in the coastal port of Chimbote , Ancash, forced the captain of ports instead to suspend the shipping and port activities.

Canal N reported, the waves were beached to nine boats used for fishing, and water reached the doors of homes Ramiro Prialé human settlement, where the sewer collapsed.

Locals have asked the regional authorities of Civil Defense assistance to address problems brought about this phenomenon, one of them the proliferation of mosquitoes due to ponding of water.

In Pisco , detailed Radio Programs, we are experiencing a similar situation, so also ordered the suspension of maritime activities in seven coves.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Another video : www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Leftover SuperMoon tide effects perhaps?

link   
yikes, the video is telling this too;
"invasion of cockroaches are coming out of the drainage of flooded streets"

link   
Could it perhaps be the super full moon
the moon pulls the ocean, and the tides follow the moon

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here is an interesting info :

adsabs.harvard.edu...

The Space Environment Research Center (SERC), Kyushu University deployed the MAGnetic Data Acqusition System (MAGDAS) at 53 stations along the 210- and 96-degree magnetic meridians (MM) and the magnetic Dip equator, and three FM-CW radars along the 210-degree MM during the International Heliophysical Year (IHY) period of 2005-2009 (see magdas.serc.kyushu-u.ac.jp... and magdas2.serc.kyushu-u.ac.jp...). By analyzing these new MAGDAS data, we can perform a real-time monitoring for understanding the plasma and electromagnetic environment changes in geospace and lithosphere. In the present paper, we will introduce geomagnetic anomalies associated with larger earthquakes (EQs), observed at the MAGDAS stations. The first event is the Pisco earthquake (M=8.0) on August 15, 2007, which was the largest shallow earthquake and affected the coastal area south of Lima for 250 years. This occurred at the boundary between the Nazca and South American tectonic plates. Geomagnetic data from the MAGDAS Ancon (ANC; about 180 km from the epicenter), the INTERMAGNET Huancayo (HUA;about 190 km from the epicenter) and the MAGDAS Eusebio (EUS; about 39°east from ANC) stations were analyzed to clarify if there is a relation between the geomagnetic variations and the tectonic activities at Peru during 2007. Our results indicate both long- (several months) and short-term (daily) anomalous geomagnetic variations (H and Z components) in relation with these seismic activities. In addition, there were anomalous signals of Pc 3 polarization (Z/H) a few months before the onset of seismic activities. The second event is the Taiwan earthquake of M=6.4 on the Richter scale, which occurred at depth ≈ 45 km, on 19th of December 2009. The epicenter was located about 20 Km away from our MAGDAS Hualien (HLN) station. The MAGDAS Amami-ohshima (AMA) station in Japan was used as a remote reference station. The geomagnetic components (H, D and Z) at the HLN station showed baseline fluctuations during December 2009. These anomalous variations started about 1 week before the occurrence of the earthquake and lasted for about 2 weeks with ≈ 15-20 nT amplitude. An enhanced Pc3 (10-45 sec) signal and a decease in the polarization ratio (Z/H) were observed a few days before the onset of the earthquake. Furthermore, we observed less than 1 nT increase in the total intensity of geomagnetic field that occurred about two minutes before the onset of seismic activity. The generation mechanisms of the observed anomalous geomagnetic variations are not fully understood. Generally, changes in the magnetic susceptibly, conductivity, remanent and induced magnetization of the rocks as a Piezomagnetic effect or the earthquake-related currents along the fault planes can cause geomagnetic changes during the seismic activities. The present geomagnetic anomalous variations are convincingly interpreted as a result of changing magnetic rock properties related with the great earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Yeah, thanks for the translation, honestly I not even wanted to mention it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I feel it has more to do with the Nazca tectonic plate.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I found one article that mentions it started with an unusual tide, but none of the articles say anything about the cause or how they know when it will be over. Really odd. Really bad articles.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

That's not so good then, is it?
Didn't think so...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is something I would like to keep an eye on and maybe others
Nice find, Op. S&F

Heres a bump !!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

That's not so good then, is it?
Didn't think so...

No, it's not good at all. But one thing to point is there are no record of seismic activity in that area in the last weeks. At this point I think someone there should check if AMSL (sea level), in that area had changed. I don't think the supermoon alone can do this, but when they say it will last untill friday, maybe is when the moon won't be that close?

www.moonconnection.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Good find. Star and flag for you. I suspect this has something to do with the Supermoon and to be honest, these people know something we don't. The rapid increase in natural disasters dealing with tidal forces and our Earth's tectonic plates has to have some type of trigger. You cannot state that this is an unknown anomaly but somehow know when it is going to end.

While I don't know that it's time to grab the BOB, our planet is throwing up warnings left and right that something is badly wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hmm interesting find , and I would like to keep my eye on this topic. I am leaning more towards the super moon connection instead of the tectonic plate , because if the plate moved they would definitely feel that, and the moon does control to some degree the tides , so a super-moon might = super tide

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

4.7 EQ off coast of Peru a few minutes ago
Link

Haarp today. link

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Applying some common sense, it tells me that these abnormally high tides are due to the recent "super moon".
In Britain there was the opposite effect. Extremely low tides have occured.

'Blame it on the super moon!' Five ships run aground off British coast as lunar phenomenon lowers tide

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join