It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean anomalies in Peru NOW

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
But are high tides and strong waves the same thing? Unusually strong waves sufficient to blow back ships makes me think something seismic....and whoa...Peru has had a quake. There must have been something leading up to the quake causing the waves. The high super moon tides probably made the waves go further inland than normal but did super moon cause waves? I'm not sure I buy that, but...what do I know.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think you`ll find the moon is at its southerly extreme now and is in all probability the reason
Moon above earth 23/03/11

hope this helps gringo ,the moon looks normal right above the south pole and peru just at the right corner..mmm water,tributory and oceanographically following the moon.also the massive ice sheets that melted recently has added to the water table and unsettlingly and obviously will follow the moon causing flooding.
Peace

edit on 23-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

one thing to point is there are no record of seismic activity in that area in the last weeks.

Then it is not related to the plate. You are joining dots that simply do not exist. There is no evidence for such!

IRM

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Super moon sounds right. But ELENIN? Is still out there.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The affected are is about 200 miles North of Lima. Early this morning, there was a 4.7 about 150 miles South of Lima. The two events, regardless of the fact that they are ~350 miles apart, could be related.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Super moon sounds right. But ELENIN? Is still out there.

You could be right. The last information I got on ELEnin was it was in our southern hemisphere.
I know people say that it can't be there cause we can't see it, and that NASA would tell us if it was, but I see it a different way. IMO there are many things we can not see with our eyes, but they are there. Another thought to ponder would be, why would they want to tell us about a planet that they can do nothing about anyway?
I can see it now, NASA admits to this planet X, and follows the announcement with instructions to stay put and stay calm. Like others have said about Japan, a mass exodus isn't possible, and where would we go anyway? They have all the money, underground bunkers, and the private jets and boats to get them there. Look at the food FEMA ordered recently, do you really think it is for us?
They don't share with us, not money, not information, and certainly not the truth.
People say that there is no way they would be able to keep the information from the public.
The way I see it, the survival of them and their kind would be quite enough to keep them from talking.

Not saying I'm right, but it is something to think about.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
its the elites leaving their underwater bases in giant ufos going off planet in anticipation for Elenin/Planet X -

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies.

I would like to point this.

- The first place mentioned is Chimbote, at 420 kilometers NORTH from Lima.

- The second place mentioned is Pisco, located at 250 kilometer SOUTH from Lima.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I believe the effect the Moon has on our oceans is to cause a bulge that follows it along as the planet turns. Said bulge always being directly beneath the Moon. It therefore follows that tides produce by the Moon CAN NOT last for days. I did not really even bother to read most of this but the "will end by Friday" line indicates you are discussing something other than anything produce by the Moon/tides.
The tide coming in is an attempt by the bulge to move under the Moon where the land is
When the Moon is over the coast the tide will peak
Then the Earth continues to turn and it appears the Moon has moved out to sea the bulge will follow it and the tide recedes. There are no day long tides and there never will be until either the Earth stops rotating or the Moon stops orbiting us.
If there is another explanation for tides I would love to hear it but as I understand it now the Moon, can not, in any way, shape or form, produce a tide that needs a full day or more to recede.
Also the Moon produces a huge bulge in the ocean. I have never heard of it producing waves other than when it impacts a coast perhaps.
So resident physicists, have I got this wrong?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Surprise surprise surprise.
Is there anyone out there who is still willing to put their Balls on the table
and declare that there is nothing to all of the 2012 hype???

Anyone???
Anyone???

You guys are starting to lose credability.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The waves are being generated by a strong storm to the southwest of Peru.
www.oceanweather.com...

edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That low pressure system doesn't look large enough to push that kind of storm surge so far East. Largest waves are 9m in the center of the low. It would need to be at least double that size to push so much water East.

I don't know what could cause this anomoly but I don't believe it's from that storm. Too small relatively speaking.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The waves are being generated by a strong storm to the southwest of Peru.
www.oceanweather.com...

edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Thank you Phage for coming, Honestly your explanation is hard to believe since the storm you are talking is about 3500 to 4500 kilometers far from Chimbote. Besides that, this event started on 03-12-11.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

3,500 km is not far for ocean swells to travel. The swells which hit Oahu's north shore are produced by storms in the North Pacific, thousands of miles away from the islands. An open ocean swell of a few meters can double in size when it reaches shallow waters.

But I missed the part about March 12. It seems odd that it wouldn't be reported until 10 days later.
elcomercio.pe...
In that case, it was the tsunami from the Japan earthquake.
Here is a report from March 12.

LIMA .- An abnormal waves, derived from the tsunami in Japan, today caused flooding and damage to some houses in cities of Peru, authorities said.

The effects have been especially noticeable in Paita, Chimbote, Pisco and Sechura, where the sea has gone through the streets.

www.emol.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Battle Los Angeles anyone? Those aliens came out of the ocean

Doubt it's ET, but something strange is going on with the Earth with all these going on's.

I remember when i was a kid there were hardly any disasters, now we seem to haev them every month.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

When I was a kid I wasn't paying attention. And there wasn't the internet.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Leviathan of the Bible awakened??

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have always paid attention to these things. And we had the internet at primary school

You must be old Phage

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Mar disappears Love Island in Tumbes (Peru).
Wed, 23/03/2011 - 19:50

The tsunami and high waves showing up in recent days have caused the Love Island in Puerto Pizarro, one of its best tourist attractions, to reduce by over 80%.
To better understand this situation, the Republic went to this spa and was able to verify the seriousness of the situation.

The island of love, which had an area of over 500 meters, has virtually disappeared, leaving no beaches in this place and forcing employers to withdraw their restaurants.

Also, Puerto Pizarro is being filled with sand pushed by the waters, creating the risk that can not be used by fishermen anymore, because the low tide does not allow the exit of vessels.

Moreover, because the abnormal waves, the 2,100 fishermen from this port can not head out fishing.

www.larepublica.pe...
edit on 24-3-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Chimbote - An intense wave recorded at this time in Chimbote and all of northern Peru, which causes alarm in the neighborhood of the bay, including those who live and work in the city center.

Last night there was an unusual flood of the tide, so now many streets are covered with water while the waves crash against the seawall located at the Plaza on July 28.

Since yesterday afternoon the Captain of the Port of Chimbote ordered the cancellation of fishing and maritime activities in order to avoid accidents.

diariocorreo.pe...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join