It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to strip Obama of Peace Prize.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, let's see what this brings...

Russia's head of the Liberal Democratic Party, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, has appealed to the Nobel Prize Committee to revoke U.S. President Barack Obama's Nobel Prize, the party's press service said in a statement on Monday.

Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 for his commitment to non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.

en.rian.ru...

Bolivian President Evo Morales has called for US President Barack Obama's Nobel Peace Prize to be revoked following his decision to attack Libya.

'Two years ago we heard that President Barack Obama had won the Nobel Peace Prize, but is he defending peace in the world now, or isn't he instead fomenting violence?' Morales told reporters, days after Obama ordered the bombing of Libya military targets as part of an UN-approved effort to protect civilians.

'How is it possible to give the Nobel Peace Prize to someone who has launched an invasion, a bombing? It's a violation, an assault, an aggression,' said Morales, one of Latin America's most left-leaning leaders and a vocal critic of the United States.

www.skynews.com.au...

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I never understood why he was awarded the thing in the first place. And I was on the Obama bandwagon for awhile there. Not so much anymore. Even before the Libya action.

+38 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Barack Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace prize winners combined.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The nobel prize is about as impressive as picking up a golden egg from one of those crane machines...

They were bought out years ago.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I never understood why he was awarded the thing in the first place. And I was on the Obama bandwagon for awhile there. Not so much anymore. Even before the Libya action.

From what I remember, and please correct me if I am wrong, he got in office and then got the prize. Almost like it came with the appointment.

Am I right on this?

Doesn't really matter about the chain of events. The fact is that he brings the prize to a new low that completely negates the intended purpose. Not that he was the only one but this was embarrassing even for him.
edit on 22-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Many of us were fooled.

Line up clips of Obama as he campaigned then line up his actions. He is a bigger liar than Pinocchio.

If ever there was a reason to strip one of that prize, this man deserves it. But, let's not stop there. How about Kissinger? There's more....too many to recount now.

Jason

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

He should have never received it in the fist place! It was a total sham that further deteriorated the honor of the award itself. If their was any honor left after Al Gore took one home that is.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm on board with it! He never deserved it in the first place, he was awarded it for promises, not actions, and his promises fell through. Still a Gitmo, still a Patriot Act, still soldiers in Afghan, Iraq, and now Libya. No progress towards peace on any front. We play favorites, supporting Saudi Arabia and Bahrain crushing protests with violence, while at the same time supporting protestors in Libya and murdering Ghadaffi's son! In Egypt we waited and watched the violence for days and days until we decided which side to support that would garner us the most cooperative regime.

It has never been about peace, and it never will be about peace, it is about power and commerce!

And this isn't an Obama-bash, this is a Nobel committee bash! How could they possibly have justified that award for someone in office only about a month at the time they voted? Jesus and Mohammed combined could not have made enough progress in 1 month to justify that award!.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I agree with everybody else. It is ridiculous that a man can do so little and get a nobel peace prize?

Awesome work, world!

And I am glad you posted this Jude. I think many of us have forgotten that this... uhh.. president has gotten it a few years ago.
edit on 3/22/2011 by LiquidNova because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My vote on that !

Being the president of a country who is in war with 2, sorry 3 countries now and getting the nobel for peace ??
Even my dog does deserve it more, he never produced, sold or used any weapon.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I still dont know why they awarded the prize to him to begin with? What was it for, best empty suit?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What went wrong? When has Obama extolled any of the virtues in order to qualify?

According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize shall be awarded to the person who

"...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe a few letters of protest here?

nobelprize.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Can you do that?
Has that ever happened before?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I get the impression (and I admit it might well be wrong) that Obama was reluctant to get involved with this Libya mess, but has been cowed into it by Sarkozy and other European leaders.

It seems crazy to me. Americans are always being accused of meddling in other countries and being imperialistic; here was a great way for Obama to practice what he preaches and not get the US pulled into yet another war.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I was ashamed being Norwegian when Obama got it. You guys know why he got it? Because he had sparked so much "hope" and insipred so many to change. That is atleast what Thorbjørn Jagland(en.wikipedia.org...) said in a interview.

I'll see if i can find source, it will probably be in norwegian tho.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
I get the impression (and I admit it might well be wrong) that Obama was reluctant to get involved with this Libya mess, but has been cowed into it by Sarkozy and other European leaders.

It seems crazy to me. Americans are always being accused of meddling in other countries and being imperialistic; here was a great way for Obama to practice what he preaches and not get the US pulled into yet another war.

Actually, I get the impression that that'sexactly the impression he wanted to portray.

Make it look like he was backed into a corner and had no choice but to bend to the will of the World. The US has never bowed to popular opinion and this just allows him to take a back seat, deflect any upcoming political fallout and keep his finger on the trigger while appearing to be doing humanitarian deeds.

IMHO

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devern
I was ashamed being Norwegian when Obama got it. You guys know why he got it? Because he had sparked so much "hope" and insipred so many to change. That is atleast what Thorbjørn Jagland(en.wikipedia.org...) said in a interview.

I'll see if i can find source, it will probably be in norwegian tho.

Yeah, and I wonder all those fools who voted for his dumb ass are thinking? Hows that change workin out for ya?!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Has there been any peace while he has been in office? I say strip him of everything and send him back to where ever the hell he is from.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Personally I think that Hu Jia was a much more deserving candidate for the prize. Sure Obama was "inspiring" hope and change in the population but his inspiration only went so far. Maybe the committee should have waited another few years to see the outcome of his promises before handing him the most prestigious prize for peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think they gave him the Prize because the man incarnated HOPE. And that's a good excellent thing to incarnate.

Now, what do Evo Morales and Mr. Zhirniovsky exactly incarnate...?

yeah, exactly.

edit on 22-3-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join