It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to strip Obama of Peace Prize.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
C'mon guys - what do you expect - after all the Nobel prizes are an endowment from the inventor of dynamite and maker of weapons propellants. Giving the peace prize is just great advertising. And when the shooting starts, arms and munitions makers hear the definitive CA-CHING of their cash registers. Irony, that's the ticket!

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
C'mon guys - what do you expect - after all the Nobel prizes are an endowment from the inventor of dynamite and maker of weapons propellants. Giving the peace prize is just great advertising. And when the shooting starts, arms and munitions makers hear the definitive CA-CHING of their cash registers. Irony, that's the ticket!

ganjoa

Dude's got a point! Seems Obama fits right in there.

But he lied! That's the difference.

At least the inventor of dynamite put his #### up front for all the World to see.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The last I heard, one of Obama's kids was seen putting the Nobel medal around the neck of the family dog.

Obama could care less if they strip him of the award. His ego is far to large to be damaged by this little bump in the road. The actions in LIbya have been planned for quite sometime. Hence Obama's aloof manner on the topic. He's just going through the motions as dictated by his script for this scene of the great opera.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
obama shouldnt have gotten it in the first place

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This years nominee's for the Peace Prize

Joseph Stalin: for his peace work in population control.
Bernie Madoff: for his lifelong work in economics.
Al Gore: because he believes he deserves another one
BP: for their environmental contribution
Nancy Pelosi: if Al gets another one, then I want one.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He's not hesitant to go into Libya though, he could have went to congress and asked for permission and done everything in his power to get them to say no. He unilaterally decided to head in to Libya, it is his decision alone. He apparently had war plans sitting on his desk for the last two months. He had plenty of time to take the peace route. When Gadaffi went nuts a couple weeks ago, Obama did nothing, as if to say he had already chosen war.

Liberals can't keep defending this worthless president. The Nobel Prize should never have went to him. It should be stripped from him (along with That liar Al Gore). Call me a racist or whatever Obama Apologists call people that disagree with your ideology, I don't care. Perhaps if Obama didn't have the belief that he had the whole world in the palm of his hand, he would start acting like an adult and at least TRY to fix some of the problems the US has.
edit on 22-3-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo

Classic!

You forgot:

Condaleeza Rice for her warmth and kindness.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Are you currently residing in a bubble, oblivious to the outside world? The military action in Libya, very well could escalate into something more, especially given the fact that Russia and China Both disapprove. If it escalates into a war, Obama would have helped personally start it.

Get your nose out of Chris Matthews Butt-crack and pay attention.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Giving back some stupid meaningless prize isnt what Im concerned with today. Perhaps removing a warmongering liar who has done nothing to aid our economic collapse and plenty to further it... maybe Id be on board with that. There is NO ONE who can claim disliking this president and asking... no, demanding... his removal is due to being a winger or racist.. of which Im neither. Im sick of my country being lead by weak compromised men and women and we citizens suffering for it along with the innocent citizens of the countries we are used against.

We have set ourselves up in this new ridiculous global society to be able to contribute nothing but being the Dog of War. We have no industry or anyhing else to contribute to global commerce but the blood of our children and the souls of our citizens. Obama offered NO hope, not to anyone who was watching closely. Not to anyone who knows that dem or repub, theyre the same criminal in different clothing.

My confession... and sit back because I feel one of my rare rants surfacing... :

WHen I was younger I was a card carrying imperialist war mongerer. Maybe I still am in reality... because I can NOT stand these dabbling police actions and so-called democracy spreading wars. If you wish to conquer and rape a country for resources.. for Gods sake do it and do it right. Dont wrap yourself in some ham handed spreading democracy suit and kill multitudes of your own and others children. Stop playing these games with other nations, the UN, and etc and think we dont see it. I resent being told one thing as if Im a child and cant see what is going on. Im as offended by Obama's BS as I was Bush declaring "mission accomplished'. War is simple, only fools make it this convoluted. Ive always been a patriotic American and loved my country. I feel outraged because the country I am so loyal to and willing to give my own life for died a long time ago and I didnt notice. Im ashamed that my motherland has become what it has... and it must be corrected. We CAN do it. It will be painful, but we can regain our senses as a nation and no longer participate in this global governance nonsense. The world helped create the monster we have become.. but they havent considered that this monster can turn on its handlers. It just has to have to will to do so.

SO my call to Obama.. and any other weak freak who wants to hold office... crap or get off the pot.. or be forcefully shoved off the pot. This pathetic excuse for a leader allowed the UN to direct our own troops... Im MUCH more concerned over this than some stupid peace prize which has been a joke for decades.

I read someone say that Obama was pressured or something by Sarcozy and etc. Good God... I dont know if Im to laugh or puke. SarCOZY force or pressure the most powerful man in the most powerful office in the most powerful country with the most powerful militarily in the world? Are you out of your mind? Its smart to be afraid of us and call us world conquerers... but we arent conquering for ourselves.. its a freaking game you havent woken up to. We're being used with complete complicity of the citizens of this country as long as we arent too bothered or touched too close to home by this warmongering. Its no conspiracy, its a global government.. and weakness is the image this snake we have in office wants to project. We have absolutely NOTHING stopping us from spreading peace and true democracy by **example*. How did anyone ever buy into the BS that you spread it by force? Is Ghaddafi a leader of a sovereign country who has kept stability in his country all of these decades? Do his people need us to bomb them into democracy and peace?? Im old... I can recall when Saddam AND Ghadd were our friends for Gods sake! Have you all forgotten? Have you not realized what is happening? We AGAIN... with a little help from the folks who want to unionize our country and take away our sovereignty.... bombed and killed people in a sovereign country who have not made any movments or mentions of war upon us and we have not done this in defense of any other country that was threatened because NO ONE WAS?! We refuse to take care of those who do.. and we pick low hanging fruit for political/resources reasons.... I personally can not abide this anymore. We have the power to remove this Obama person.. ask yourself WHY congress or anyone else isnt making moves to do so. Theyre all liars and frauds.. giving us a badly acted play to chew on and cluck our tongues over.

If ANYONE can support this Obama person at this point I guess my mind is blown. If anyone here thinks that Mr. WW3 McCain would have done any better youre crazy. Unless you want to see war on our shores and our country compromised beyond all repair.. you better wake the hell up and shout it from the rooftops. Im not talking economic destruction of the US.. Im talking about the destruction of our soul as a people. If we keep up these Dog of War policies.. we can not cry when its brought to us. I truly believe we will pay for our sins of being silent when our people/military are used unjustly. We cant say we wish we'd have done somehting after we feel the pain. I do believe we will feel the pain and consequences of our actions much sooner than later.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I never understood why he was awarded the thing in the first place. And I was on the Obama bandwagon for awhile there. Not so much anymore. Even before the Libya action.

From what I remember, and please correct me if I am wrong, he got in office and then got the prize. Almost like it came with the appointment.

Am I right on this?

Doesn't really matter about the chain of events. The fact is that he brings the prize to a new low that completely negates the intended purpose. Not that he was the only one but this was embarrassing even for him.
edit on 22-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

You are correct sir. Elected, then BOOM! Nobel! What the deuce?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo

General Chang for his timeless contributions to English Renaissance Theatre.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c157ea7e1796.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Playing the Devils advocate.
Let me first say I do not believe in war.
For whatever reason the UN decided to attack Libiya we must remember the holocaust and the inaction of many Nations doing nothing. Gadaffi had stated he would show no mercy. I have seen multiple videos of the cleansing Gaddaffi has done of his own people. If you think its ok to do nothing in the face of this sit behind the safety of your computer and go play another instance of world of warcraft and leave the safety of your fellow man to those who would defend it you keyboard generals.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Just to play Devil's Advocate to your Devil's Advocate. Obama Did not consult Congress, a constitutional requirement for US involvement in a war. Bush Junior took us into Iraq under the same premise. He was excoriated by every leftist organization known to man, for doing the exact thing Nobel Laureate Obama did, only Junior stayed within the confines of the Constitution. Obama was given the NPP under the pre-tense that he was an erudite peace loving individual. Not only did he not seek a peaceful solution to the Libya situation his first option was war, forgetting the fact that he sidestepped the constitution.

He should have the NPP rescinded. There should be more leftist nuts questioning the NPP panels sincerity. Obama is a war-monger, likely a bid to claim the White House in 2012. What is happening here is the hypocrisy of Leftist Nuts and the NPP panel being exposed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The Nobel Archives states that Obama won the Peace prize specifically for:
"his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Doesn't say anything about his commitment to non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.

Unless both sentences mean the same thing, doesn't look that way to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SalemsLot
reply to post by jude11

"his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

Which obama had done nothing to merit since he wasn't even in office long enough (days? weeks?) to have contributed "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

And then it has turned out instead that obama has done quite the opposite - as someone else pointed out: fired off more cruise missiles than all other NPP winners combined.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Look to the people who financed and supported barry.
Look to barrys ghost past.
Look to barrys meteoric rise.
Look to the destruction when a meteor hits.
Say No More.

Barrack Hussein Obama = Barbarian Amuse Shock

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've been a fairly ardent, if non-vocal, Obama supporter throughout all of this. But I finally agree. He has betrayed us, he has betrayed the principles we elected him for, and he is not a man of peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
reply to post by Shirak

Just to play Devil's Advocate to your Devil's Advocate. Obama Did not consult Congress, a constitutional requirement for US involvement in a war. Bush Junior took us into Iraq under the same premise. He was excoriated by every leftist organization known to man, for doing the exact thing Nobel Laureate Obama did, only Junior stayed within the confines of the Constitution. Obama was given the NPP under the pre-tense that he was an erudite peace loving individual. Not only did he not seek a peaceful solution to the Libya situation his first option was war, forgetting the fact that he sidestepped the constitution.

He should have the NPP rescinded. There should be more leftist nuts questioning the NPP panels sincerity. Obama is a war-monger, likely a bid to claim the White House in 2012. What is happening here is the hypocrisy of Leftist Nuts and the NPP panel being exposed.

While the politicians in were siting with their heads up their A$$ a holocaust or if that's to harsh a word massacre was being perpetrated on the people of Libya. The intention and statement was given "No mercy will be given"
If no action was taken that city would have been wiped out. Think about it the people being wiped out were exercising their right to be free of an oppressor and they were going to be wiped out for it. With all the posturing that goes on about freedom on this forum it suddenly goes fickle when America is involved. Yes oil is a consideration but dealing with a democratic society is always easier than making dark deals with a dictator.

People were dying the leaders that passed the resolution acted. The French people believe in Liberty I for one am proud someone stepped up to protect this people and the freedom they were fighting for even if the silver lining will most likely be lucrative oil trade deals with the new government.

China an Russia of course are going to be pissed because this is going to affect their trade deals.

Look at Australia they helped East Timor gain their Freedom now they get massive discounts on the countries resources. Not only are they helping protect that last bastion of Freedom in Libya but they are going to get a sweet deal on oil in the future. Devils Advocate.

Freedom is not free and peoples right to peaceful existence must be protected by someone. Tibet has taught us that peaceful protest will only get your country A$$raped by the attacker and your people subdued in secret prisons. This is not China bashing I love China just making a point.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Shirak because: Adding an extra 2 cents

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by SalemsLot
reply to post by jude11

Which obama had done nothing to merit since he wasn't even in office long enough (days? weeks?) to have contributed "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

And then it has turned out instead that obama has done quite the opposite - as someone else pointed out: fired off more cruise missiles than all other NPP winners combined.

I wasn't supporting Obama.
(I'm Canadaian and was just happy that Bush went back to whatever planet he came from. LOL)

But keeping in line with ATS life I just wanted to check on the "truth" of the reason he won the award.
The Nobel archives never said anything about using or not using nuclear weapons.

But I will also admit that firing missiles at Libya doesn't exactly fulfill the whole strengthening international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Yes oil is a consideration but dealing with a democratic society is always easier than making dark deals with a dictator.

So why the change all of a sudden? America has been dealing with and supporting dictators for decades.

As for the dark deals, it's business as usual. CIA, FBI, DEA have all been complicit in dark deals with dictators for oil, bases, drugs etc. From Columbia to Africa and Egypt to Libya...All Dictators, All Dark Deals and now All left behind when Washington doesn't need them anymore.

IMHO

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join