It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to strip Obama of Peace Prize.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I lol'd when I read the title.

Nice to see people are waking up to the fact that he's a lieing, murdering psychopath who will stop at nothing to serve his masters

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
I get the impression (and I admit it might well be wrong) that Obama was reluctant to get involved with this Libya mess, but has been cowed into it by Sarkozy and other European leaders.

It seems crazy to me. Americans are always being accused of meddling in other countries and being imperialistic; here was a great way for Obama to practice what he preaches and not get the US pulled into yet another war.

Of course that's the impression you get, that's how the situation has been manufactured. America playing the reluctant bad guy turned good, who've been dragged into the situation against their will. The reality, as everybody knows, is that America is a willing participant. Obama and the 'new' government just went about involving themselves in a way that limits damage. Your post is the result they want.

The pussy-footing is only there to give the impression of reluctance, and that's no doubt done quite purposely.

You seriously think France and Britain can drag America into such a situation? America does what it wants, not what its told. Especially not by Britain and France. Britain and France are playing street hustlers, we know who the mob boss is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
While we're at it, Henry Kissinger too. He is a war criminal of the highest order.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
stripping obama is his nobel peace prize has got my vote

stripping obama is his president title has also got my vote

3rds line wants them stripped to.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Playing the Devils advocate.
Let me first say I do not believe in war.
For whatever reason the UN decided to attack Libiya we must remember the holocaust and the inaction of many Nations doing nothing. Gadaffi had stated he would show no mercy. I have seen multiple videos of the cleansing Gaddaffi has done of his own people. If you think its ok to do nothing in the face of this sit behind the safety of your computer and go play another instance of world of warcraft and leave the safety of your fellow man to those who would defend it you keyboard generals.

Okay well there's close to a hundred of other countries and states in the world where such atrocities by leaders are common place.

I can give Obama a big list of places to invade. But he won't. And there's a good reason he won't... Because this is not some sort of Democracy-loving humanitarian mission! This intervention has been undertaken to secure oil and control of Libya. Effectively we're killing Libyan Democracy, not supporting it.

Why don't you go read a book. You pretend left wing Obamadrones would get beaten in any other country for spewing such vulgar propoganda.

The people of Iraq were pretty happy when you took out Saddam. Ask them what they think of your intervention now, a few years down the line. It's a charade and everybody but you can see it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
reply to post by Shirak

Just to play Devil's Advocate to your Devil's Advocate. Obama Did not consult Congress, a constitutional requirement for US involvement in a war. Bush Junior took us into Iraq under the same premise. He was excoriated by every leftist organization known to man, for doing the exact thing Nobel Laureate Obama did, only Junior stayed within the confines of the Constitution. Obama was given the NPP under the pre-tense that he was an erudite peace loving individual. Not only did he not seek a peaceful solution to the Libya situation his first option was war, forgetting the fact that he sidestepped the constitution.

He should have the NPP rescinded. There should be more leftist nuts questioning the NPP panels sincerity. Obama is a war-monger, likely a bid to claim the White House in 2012. What is happening here is the hypocrisy of Leftist Nuts and the NPP panel being exposed.

While the politicians in were siting with their heads up their A$$ a holocaust or if that's to harsh a word massacre was being perpetrated on the people of Libya. The intention and statement was given "No mercy will be given"
If no action was taken that city would have been wiped out. Think about it the people being wiped out were exercising their right to be free of an oppressor and they were going to be wiped out for it. With all the posturing that goes on about freedom on this forum it suddenly goes fickle when America is involved. Yes oil is a consideration but dealing with a democratic society is always easier than making dark deals with a dictator.

People were dying the leaders that passed the resolution acted. The French people believe in Liberty I for one am proud someone stepped up to protect this people and the freedom they were fighting for even if the silver lining will most likely be lucrative oil trade deals with the new government.

China an Russia of course are going to be pissed because this is going to affect their trade deals.

Look at Australia they helped East Timor gain their Freedom now they get massive discounts on the countries resources. Not only are they helping protect that last bastion of Freedom in Libya but they are going to get a sweet deal on oil in the future. Devils Advocate.

Freedom is not free and peoples right to peaceful existence must be protected by someone. Tibet has taught us that peaceful protest will only get your country A$$raped by the attacker and your people subdued in secret prisons. This is not China bashing I love China just making a point.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Shirak because: Adding an extra 2 cents

Why don't we intervene in Bahrain. Why didn't we intervene in Egypt. What about any number of African countries that have seen genocide?

It's quite peculiar that your government can only be arsed to tow the line of Democracy and human rights when there's natural resources and control of pipe lines involved.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am against nuclear arms as well.

Nobel Peace Prize Please...oh, i dont get one

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devern
I was ashamed being Norwegian when Obama got it. You guys know why he got it? Because he had sparked so much "hope" and insipred so many to change. That is atleast what Thorbjørn Jagland(en.wikipedia.org...) said in a interview.

I'll see if i can find source, it will probably be in norwegian tho.

The old "hope" and"change" sting...
caught quite a few folks....
I hope it'll quit snowing and finally melt up here;
I "hope" the weather will "change".Shouldn't I get something for providing that? Sorry the nobel committee showed their progressive "under-roos" on this one.And we all recognized it the day it happened nobody I know could rationalize it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Playing the Devils advocate.
Let me first say I do not believe in war.
For whatever reason the UN decided to attack Libiya we must remember the holocaust and the inaction of many Nations doing nothing. Gadaffi had stated he would show no mercy. I have seen multiple videos of the cleansing Gaddaffi has done of his own people. If you think its ok to do nothing in the face of this sit behind the safety of your computer and go play another instance of world of warcraft and leave the safety of your fellow man to those who would defend it you keyboard generals.

Okay well there's close to a hundred of other countries and states in the world where such atrocities by leaders are common place.

I can give Obama a big list of places to invade. But he won't. And there's a good reason he won't... Because this is not some sort of Democracy-loving humanitarian mission! This intervention has been undertaken to secure oil and control of Libya. Effectively we're killing Libyan Democracy, not supporting it.

Why don't you go read a book. You pretend left wing Obamadrones would get beaten in any other country for spewing such vulgar propoganda.

The people of Iraq were pretty happy when you took out Saddam. Ask them what they think of your intervention now, a few years down the line. It's a charade and everybody but you can see it.

Sir you either have selective reading skills or you did not read my full post I clearly state that oil is one of the variables. My point being is that to stand by when one has the power to intervene is as bad as those who have done so during the holocaust. One cannot do this on every occasion because for some protection of human life does not matter.

However by playing the humanity card and the oil card you can get more support for action.
Perhaps you should pick up a book called the art of war. There is an easily digestible English translated audio book available net wide.By playing the humanist card and the oil card they have the support to intervene and prevent the massacre of a city which most people on this thread are conveniently forgetting. Gaddafi stated he would show no mercy to this city. Is it better that the city was massacred to protect a countries sovereignty which is just a human construct? What is more important here.

Personally my view is that the protection of human life takes precedence even if a lucrative oil contract is the motivation for some of the interests. Freedom is the right of the human soul and those who would imprison or destroy its potential do not deserve my respect.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Why don't we intervene in Bahrain. Why didn't we intervene in Egypt. What about any number of African countries that have seen genocide?

It's quite peculiar that your government can only be arsed to tow the line of Democracy and human rights when there's natural resources and control of pipe lines involved.

1. Its not my government. I do not live in America/France/Libya all titles of human mental constructs I do live on planet Earth which is my home.
2. I agree we should be intervening. You have to understand governments and army's are corporations military industrial complexes. The will not intervene unless it suits the PR and the profit. Lets be clear we the people no longer control their countries military. This is an illusion.
3.Gaining peace cannot always be done by eloquent words Ie. Casey and the Bully body slam.
4.Keeping this on topic somtimes you need the help of your fellow humans when being stomped on. I do not think he should lose his nobel peace prize over this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I always say that when it comes to the Peace Prize, it should be given to those whose actions have spoken louder than his/her words.

Obama's promise of "Change we can believe in", is the people's biggest deception to date.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I believe many of you forget that THE U.N. SANCTIONED IT. They allow and encourage it, so don't just say its Obama's fault alone. And he has helped reduce the number of nuclear warheads, has opened up relations in many middle eastern countries, and is still trying to manage the # economy he inherited.
Also, he has NOT declared war on Libya, no matter how many times you say he has. There is also police actions, which do not require congressional approval.

People tend to forget the other side of the story.

edit on 22-3-2011 by chancemusky because: More to add

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Its off topic, but I don't think he is there for oil. I believe that he is there to dispose of Gaddafi and the "Democratic system of Government" that will take its place, by design will be a Muslim Brotherhood government. The more Muslim Brotherhood states in the region the more likely that they unite under one banner (with considerable power due to the oil in the region). As a result Israel would ultimately fail too.

I also see the the Joint efforts with the US in the backseat as a "passing the torch" for Obama (and the NWO). Its a submissive posture for the US, making the statement that we are done being the pre-eminent super power of the world. Its an invitation for all sorts of future abuse of the US, especially economically. The French of all people? (no offense to my fry and toast eating friends)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

He reduced the number of warheads the US has. There was no method for forcing Russia to reduce their stockpile. He succeeded in making the US stance weaker, and made us appear weaker.
edit on 22-3-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by croweboy

Something wrong with reducing our nukes? We cant force russia to do the same, but he tried. Hes trying to set an example. Do I look weaker if I dont ever fight, even when challenged?
And why would we need them, except for an end-all move.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Obama, or as I call him now, the Obamination, got the peace prize because he didn't go into Iran, which is what that war tool McCain would have done. With the Republicans in power under an aging soldier Iran would have likely been turned into glass after McCain's sudden, and very unfortunate heart attack a few months into the presidency which culminated in the event that progressed into the invasion of Iran... Oh that didn't happen, you see, because Obama won, (or his duplicate did)

Now that's a reason why some people voted for him. People weren't stupid; they thought they had won, which was a lie of course. There was change but it was change for the worst as criminals in power repositioned themselves.

The scumbag Obama should be stripped of his decorations and walked off the plank for keeping going after the scumbag Gaddafi, an enemy to the NWO scumbag banker class. The scumbag banksters desire to place an scumbag puppet government in Libya since the US/Israel/MiddleEastern scumbag royalty is losing control of the Middle East to the *gasp* unwashed 'scumbag' slave class, which will destroy the scumbag banksters profits.

edit on 22-3-2011 by star in a jar because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join