It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanity Fair: Conservatives only praised Japanese people because they are racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Vanity Fair: Conservatives only praised Japanese people because they are racist

www.glennbeck.com

"The contributing editor of Vanity Fair magazine says last week I noticed a bevy of conservative commentators such as Glenn Beck piously lowering their voices and paying tribute to the calm and resilience of the Japanese people in the time of trauma, emphasizing that there had been no looting in the aftermath of so much destruction and disarray.”

“And the real message of their tributes were… there’s been no looting in Japan because they don’t have black people running amok and ransacking"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 3/22/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
There have been recent cries of outrage from liberals for praising the Japanese for the way they are handling their earthquake and radioactive disaster.

Similar happens when Israel or any other well-off country is praised because the left only considers poor countries as victims. If you praise a richer country, like Japan, who are considered a "racist" and "bigot".

Of course, praising the Japanese has nothing to do with Racism. It has all to do with just giving praise where praise is due. If that offends the thought-police thats really their problem.

www.glennbeck.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-3-2011 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Jeez. It never ceases to amaze me how many people can find racism under every rock and around every corner. I have heard several people say the same thing of the Japanese and it never occured to me that the lack of black people accounted for the lack of looting.

Give me a break! The ones who find racism everywhere must be fighting the feelings within themselves since it seems to be what they eat, sleep, drink, and breath.

edit on 3/22/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oh my, I have praised the Japanese too........ I guess I'm racist too then? OMG! I never even knew

Wow. Just. Wow.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Perhaps the west can learn something from the success of Japan? Obviously their system leaves many of its citizens wanting for nothing... Unlike us!

IRM

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Well Im not being funny, but if an impartial response to stimuli is what you are after, then never , ever , ever listen to a damned word that halfwit Beck says. The man is incapable of intelligent discourse, and insists on bringing everything down to territorial phallus waving more often than not. Its a wonder all his thoughts havent gone on strike over pay and conditions, or alternatively just left and gone somewhere more nourishing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
Oh my, I have praised the Japanese too........ I guess I'm racist too then? OMG! I never even knew

It seems your praise is only permitted if in every instance you include the mention of minority groups.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's ironic they are willing to label all Conservatives as racist because they think the Conservatives are labeling all black people as looters. They can't even see their own hypocrisy.

And FYI neither generalizations are true.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As a New Orleansian (Orleansican, Orleansenite? whatever!) I can tell you that there weren't only black people looting here after Katrina. There were whites doing it too. The only reason you maybe "only" saw african-americans on the news is because no matter what the left wants you to believe, racism (reverse or regular) is news. Also, the per capita population immediately after Katrina was disproportionately african-american as most of the white folks hauled on outta there. So, just because we saw, say, 1000 blacks looting and 1 white it was still probably 10% of each ethnic group. (Of course these numbers are pulled outta my butt and are totally arbitrary)

The problem here, (Back on Topic!) is that anytime a member of a minority race is involved or affected the left or MSM or who have you want to scream racism. It seems that the less pervasive REAL racism becomes the more overly-sensitive to racial issues people become. If no one dies by murder in 100 years the next time a murder occurs it's a big deal right? So, the less overt racially motivated acts become the more fantastic it becomes. (Fantastic in the MSM sense, NOT in the "that's frikkin' awesome!" sense)

I didn't really watch Beck's show or any other show where they talked about the lack of looting or the calm in Japan but I'm pretty sure when they said it they meant "Look at the resolve and calm certainty of the Japanese people, why can't all Americans act this way!". Actually, I did hear Beck on the radio (XM broadcast of his TV show) for a couple minutes when he said specifically: "This is how we were on 9/12, united in the face of tragedy. We need to get back to that way of thinking." or something like that. Ok, enough ranting, sorry!

--Apex

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I complained about this just a day ago. I'm a black conservative and I can tell you right now it isn't just conservatives toting this racism around praising the japanese for the disaster and comparing NO. It's ignorant people with no heart. The katrina victims (who weren't only black btw) did not have enough food and water for the whole city therefore people were starving. It was the not comparable to Japan in the slightest. The Japanese were well-prepared for a disaster like this. They had plenty of food and water to go around. Had they not had those vital things, there would have been looting all over just like Katrina. That's carnal human nature. Its not because the Katrina victims were wild animals. Its just stupid people with a racial agenda that like to attach that stigma to blacks because they have a chip on their shoulder with black people. I pay these people no mind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
It's ironic they are willing to label all Conservatives as racist because they think the Conservatives are labeling all black people as looters. They can't even see their own hypocrisy.

And FYI neither generalizations are true.

Nice observation there. Ive never viewed blacks as "looters" its the first time the thought ever crossed my mind. Strange things some are preoccupied with.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Apex Predator

The last line of your post, I have heard Glenn Beck say.... many times about many things. Love him or hate him, I can't see him being racist, and he does atleast keep more people talking about the issues while talking about him.

BTW, is that your chihuahua in your avatar? He looks very ferocious.
I have two.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Well Im not being funny, but if an impartial response to stimuli is what you are after, then never , ever , ever listen to a damned word that halfwit Beck says. The man is incapable of intelligent discourse, and insists on bringing everything down to territorial phallus waving more often than not. Its a wonder all his thoughts havent gone on strike over pay and conditions, or alternatively just left and gone somewhere more nourishing.

This thread is about something Vanity Fair said, not something Beck said. Beck is only one of the several sources to quote Vanity Fair. So what is your comment on the Vanitiy Fair statement and many similar statements of enraged liberals?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Yep thats pretty much it. Its no different from those US politicians that scream & shout about how imoral gay people are, only to be caught in a airport tiolet blowing some random guy!

You want to know the actual reason there was no lootingin Japan?

The japanese people have RESPECT for each other, The japanese people are not driven by GREED. Thats pretty much it, They dont all believe they are "special". Its not rocket science, it is however the unpopular truth and because its unpopular nobody wants to talk about it.

Westerners on other hand are kings & queens of their own little bubbles of delusion, they (we) all "hate" each other and will f**k each other over the first chance they get, why? "Thats what everybody else would do." Nothings worth doing unless its at the expense of an other. (apparently).

edit on 22/3/11 by S3ns1bl3 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apex Predator
ck on Topic!) is that anytime a member of a minority race is involved or affected the left or MSM or who have you want to scream racism. It seems that the less pervasive REAL racism becomes the more overly-sensitive to racial issues people become. If no one dies by murder in 100 years the next time a murder occurs it's a big deal right? So, the less overt racially motivated acts become the more fantastic it becomes. (Fantastic in the MSM sense, NOT in the "that's frikkin' awesome!" sense)

This is a new way of seeing it for me. Ive never thought of it this way. The more rare it becomes the more of an issue it becomes. Thats an interesting paradox.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
... therefore people were starving.

Yeah, I hear electronics are delicious with little hot sauce.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a62d9f1eab2.png[/atsimg]

source : www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

No, he's not mine, just a pic I found online. But he does remind me of my old Chihuahua, just a different color.

You're right about Beck, love him or hate him he does make you think. The key is not whether he's right or wrong, the key is getting the viewpoint he's spouting and doing your own background research and making up your own mind.

Much like the situation in Japan. It's not about race or nationality, it's about culture. I don't know if someone posted this in another Japan thread or not but the culture in Japan is why they are calm and collected and not looting.

The Japanese are a shame based culture, whereas Americans are a guilt based culture. In Japan, if you do wrong, you bring shame not just on yourself but on your family, company, town, friends, etc... The thought of dishonoring your family is an extremely more effective deterrent than personal guilt or jail time.

In America, we are a guilt based society. If you do wrong, it's your fault. YOU go to jail not your parents, YOU get sued, not your parents (assuming your an adult of course). You see it all the time. Someone snaps and kills someone and the parents on TV news saying they can't believe their child did that etc... people disavow all knowledge of wrongdoing perpetrated by their associates.

So, to tie that in with the topic at hand, in America if you loot (and I mean really loot, like grabbing a 55" Plasma TV not grabbing medicene or foodstuffs for survival) its YOU that takes the chance of being arrested. In New Orleans there were no jails or other facilities so the police were unable to do anything about the looters. When that fact got out then MORE people started looting because there was no threat of punishment so guilt became relegated to true PERSONAL guilt (between you and your conscience, or you and your God if you prefer).

In Japan, there was a story of a guy who went into a 7-11 or some other store that survived, took all 10 water bottles, then before he got to the door to leave he turned and put back 8 bottles because he knew that if he took them all then the next person to come into the store wouldn't have any water. So, at least if you would consider survival looting as the same as regular looting (the guy was actually trying to rescue people and ran out of water, he wasn't a rescue worker, just a guy helping out which is probably another thread on ATS...lol) then at least the "looters" are thoughtful and conscientious....lol

--Apex

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Here we go again,

More race baiting and race hating. Textbook and predictable. There are people and groups out here who have racism as a political and economic investment. This is getting very tiring. The Vanity Fair article is in itself racism carefully couched to appear to be something it is not.

I do not consider Vanity Fair to be intellectual or informed on much of anything. They have an investment in social racism and guilt programming. I dont buy into it from anyone.

Politics itself fits this template...investment in Social Racism and guilt programming for votes and control of unthinking peoples.

As someone else implied ..this topic line cannot be allowed to fade..it is an social/political investment for votes.
It gets wolfie after awhile because of the predictability of it as a control mechanism it attempts to exert over unthinking guilt ridden peoples. It does not work on me and I will speak out so.

No matter how you try to stack it up...huge amounts of looting took place in New Orleans and huge amounts of looting did not take place in Japan. In other incidents in America ..huge amounts of looting took place...it did not take place in Japan. No matter how downtrodden the media and public education/non education non standards try to politically/socially paint a picture...does this justify the looting of someone elses properties??? The looting of someone elses RISK taking/property management???

If racism is the best these intelligences can do ...they are bottom scrapping and it is getting tiring... and from the "Usual Suspects!"
Whenever I hear another Racism article in the media ...I hit the remote. I get very tired of Leonard Pits in the media as he has become mostly a one topic writer. About all he has is racism. Leonard Pitts is not the only writer like this but is the most noticable around here for his editorials. A mostly one topic writer. I am not interested in one topic writers.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
I complained about this just a day ago. I'm a black conservative and I can tell you right now it isn't just conservatives toting this racism around praising the japanese for the disaster and comparing NO. It's ignorant people with no heart. The katrina victims (who weren't only black btw) did not have enough food and water for the whole city therefore people were starving. It was the not comparable to Japan in the slightest. The Japanese were well-prepared for a disaster like this. They had plenty of food and water to go around. Had they not had those vital things, there would have been looting all over just like Katrina. That's carnal human nature. Its not because the Katrina victims were wild animals. Its just stupid people with a racial agenda that like to attach that stigma to blacks because they have a chip on their shoulder with black people. I pay these people no mind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Are you being serious? "The Japanese were well-prepared for a disaster like this."? Who is really prepared for several earthquakes in only a couple of days, one of which strikes a nuclear energy plant that spreads radiation like hot fire over all that food and water making it contaminated. When I switched on the tv after katrina I didnt see people looting food and water, I saw people taking TV's. What in the hell are you going to do with a tv when you have no water, food or electricity?

Where do you really get off? I live in Florida where we usually get at least one hurricane every year. NO had 3 whole days to "prepare" for a hurricane comin there way. When we have 3 days, we stock up on food and water and if its bad enough we get the hell outa dodge. The japanese didnt have any warnings. It was like somebody hit a light switch and just suddenly turned on an earthquake...you cant predict something like that. How can you not see that the japanese are handling this disaster way better then we do any and all of our disasters? NO isnt the only place where there was looting after a natural or man-made disaster (i.e., riots in LA, Chicago, etc.)

Its kind of simple to see once you take your "everybody is a racist" glasses off that the Japanese are really handling a major devestation to their country waaaay better then we would.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well, first off, it looks like something Bobble-head Tyra Banks would say, in fact I beleive I heard her say this also on her show. She's an Idiot, hopefully she won't reproduce, it's already too late for Brittney, who passed on her Bobble-head Genetics. America we do not need any more bobble-head celebrities propegating their genetics. It's ok for the smart ones to. Ok I am going off topic now.
Back on topic if it wasn't Tyra, it was most definately some other reverse racist bobble head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join