It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barrack Obama: Homosexual Champion

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

P.S you people might as well start a new thread promoting bestiality.

Animals are not capable of giving informed consent. If they could, then yes, I would be defending bestiality.

In 21st century, we need to finally get rid of this medieval primitive mindset of sexuality being something sinful or dirty. It takes a particularly sick and twisted ideology to label love between two consenting adults as something wrong.

edit on 23/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Okay I do agree with you about flaunting ones sexuality.

One of my sons is homosexual, he says he felt this way ever since he can remember.

I told him that one's sexuality is a very private and personal matter.

People with "class" don't flaunt their sexuality - that is my own opinion and the way I was raised.

I recently saw pictures of naked people with their bodies completely painted riding bikes in San Francisco, that to me is not good for children to see.

No, you are right, one's sexuality should be a private matter.

I have two friends that are a "couple" they are women and they are very quiet, reserved and do not display or flaunt their being a couple............and they are the two nicest people I know.

Nobody, even Heterosexual people should not (again in my own opinion) overt sexuality in public.

Holding hands, a kiss, staring into each others eyes, a hug yes, we need more love in the world, but some things are for grown ups and children should not be exposed to sexual frap until they are old enough.

Whatever happened to telling a child, sexual activity is for when you really have shared thoughts with and really care for someone.

We as a society are like the Romans when they started to decay - they became decadent and self serving and that is dangerous because that shows a society that is on it's way down.

We disrespect each other and our companion animals (see my post on the needle is too expensive).

No overt sexual stuff should be public, that shows a ghetto, low class, mentality.

Personally I doubt if President Obama is homosexual, but Bill Clinton had Monica in the Oval Office.

As this is a conspiracy site: Start researching who goes to the bohemian grove, belongs to skull and cross bones, research Jordan Maxwell and read "Thanks For The Memories" by Brice Taylor aka: Susan Ford?

It seems that people in power, people that crave - they have to have power often (not always) often become jaded.

Nobody should be flaunting their sexuality in public, that is rude because it makes others around you uncomfortable and exposes children, robbing them of their innocence.

And again, as long as two consenting adults are discrete and not hurting anyone - their sex life is really nobodies business.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Nobody should be flaunting their sexuality in public, that is rude because it makes others around you uncomfortable and exposes children, robbing them of their innocence.

And again, as long as two consenting adults are discrete and not hurting anyone - their sex life is really nobodies business.

I think children are far more affected by how their parents handle a situation - - then the situation itself. It is not an innocent world. Sheltering children from parts of life can do them more harm then good IMO.

Gays are a minority group that was forced to create their own culture on the fringes of society. Studies I've read say that as they are more accepted by "normal" society - - the less need they have to live on the edge.

With the internet they can now meet other gays safely. Many gay clubs and bars have gone out of business.

I'm sure there will always be some outrages gays - - - but come on - - - what is professional wrestling? Outrages - over-the-top - - - is not exclusive to gays.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You do that and at the end of the day the words 'LOVE', 'MARRIAGE' and 'FAMILY' will no longer carry any weight.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Okay I do agree with you about flaunting ones sexuality....

These two sentiments are not the same. I can walk down the street holding my wife's hand, and nobody says squat. By your measure, though, it's ok to be gay...but don't let anybody know. That ain't right. The Pride parade is over the top...but our Caribbean folk don't party like Caribana every day either. Nor do the Irish celebrate St. Paddy's every day. Nor is every day MArdi Gras in NOLA. Festivals are not the measure of the culture. If my kids were gay, I's say "Be who you are, live who you are." Anything less is the real child abuse.

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by Maslo

You do that and at the end of the day the words 'LOVE', 'MARRIAGE' and 'FAMILY' will no longer carry any weight.

Crap. They may not carry the weight you give them...but maybe you're wrong. I say there will be a time very soon where homophobia is given the same abhorrence as Jim Crow. And it can't happen too soon.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Okay I do agree with you about flaunting ones sexuality.

One of my sons is homosexual, he says he felt this way ever since he can remember.

I told him that one's sexuality is a very private and personal matter.

People with "class" don't flaunt their sexuality - that is my own opinion and the way I was raised.

I recently saw pictures of naked people with their bodies completely painted riding bikes in San Francisco, that to me is not good for children to see.

No, you are right, one's sexuality should be a private matter.

I have two friends that are a "couple" they are women and they are very quiet, reserved and do not display or flaunt their being a couple............and they are the two nicest people I know.

Nobody, even Heterosexual people should not (again in my own opinion) overt sexuality in public.

Holding hands, a kiss, staring into each others eyes, a hug yes, we need more love in the world, but some things are for grown ups and children should not be exposed to sexual frap until they are old enough.

Whatever happened to telling a child, sexual activity is for when you really have shared thoughts with and really care for someone.

We as a society are like the Romans when they started to decay - they became decadent and self serving and that is dangerous because that shows a society that is on it's way down.

We disrespect each other and our companion animals (see my post on the needle is too expensive).

No overt sexual stuff should be public, that shows a ghetto, low class, mentality.

Personally I doubt if President Obama is homosexual, but Bill Clinton had Monica in the Oval Office.

As this is a conspiracy site: Start researching who goes to the bohemian grove, belongs to skull and cross bones, research Jordan Maxwell and read "Thanks For The Memories" by Brice Taylor aka: Susan Ford?

It seems that people in power, people that crave - they have to have power often (not always) often become jaded.

You are a person of great wisdom, and with that I hug you with a star. Basically, you've summed up the very concept I live by. Believe it or not people...

I have gay friends as well.

They have elegance, poise, and style... also known as CLASS. They are progidgenously artistic, well mannered, and respectful of others. Every now and again they'll flare up with that well known tenaciousness - but they do not flaunt thier preferrances, nor do they look to tell them, show them, or teach them to children.

Anyone who wishes to FORCE others into portraying, believing, even becomming something they're not is malevolent. I will not, nor ever will, TOLERATE malevolence.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serizawa
reply to post by Maslo

I beg to differ. My wife and I are of a differant sort of lifestyle (polyamorous). We have a loving household and a very clear definition of "family" -- they are the ones we would fight to defend and always work to honor and protect. Marriage is well defined as well.. it's a legal contract required to get medical benefits and tax breaks. Marriage has nothing to do with love, after all. If you are only staying with your partner because you are married, then that is not love by any definition I know of.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I have gay friends as well...
but they do not flaunt thier preferrances...

But in your universe, are they allowed to publicly live their preferences?

And I would be so bold as to suggest, that if you reduce their lives to a question of 'preference'...you are not as good a friend as you may think. Show them this thread. Ask them.

Let us know how that shakes out.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I have gay friends as well...
but they do not flaunt thier preferrances...

But in your universe, are they allowed to publicly live their preferences?

And I would be so bold as to suggest, that if you reduce their lives to a question of 'preference'...you are not as good a friend as you may think. Show them this thread. Ask them.

Let us know how that shakes out.

Lol... I really haven't been giving my canuk friend here any attention addressing his arguements, for that I appologize as I can now see you've contributed alot of input here, so I'll address your last post ...

I have people in my life of a plethara of different lifestyles, beliefs, and backgrounds who actually consider me as thier friend because of one unique trait of mine that so far the majority here have no idea about, the concept of live free, and walk alone at the side of your peers.

This concept goes beyond what people understand as tolerance in that you are who you are, and I am who I am, and individually we stand united, walking side by side as free thinking children of God, maturing in our own right as gods who's individual universe differs from that of the next person. Acceptance of that person's God given right to choose to excercise FREE WILL within thier own lives grants us a mutuality relative to conscience, understanding all the while that to give such grant to our fellow human beings, we in turn are excercising our personal authority as Gods in the like manner of our Creator though love... so you see, it wouldn't be possible for me to reduce their lives, in any fashion or manner, as it isn't wthin my intent nor my desire.

The topic at hand is about a goup of people who wish to interfere with, intervene in, and coersively dictate my Free Will, and that of my children. My friends would read this thread and ask me how I allowed myself to be wide open like this... And actually find it humorous to some degree.

That's how it 'shakes out'.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

There is a way to act in public and a way you act in private.

The reason we should display decorum in public is because we must get alone in society and try and create more harmony.

The reason for etiquette is to make people around us feel comfortable.

Possibly you may wish to purchase a book on etiquette.

What two consenting adults do in private is nobody's business..................but in public, yes if two people (notice I did not say man/woman) are in love and want to hold hands, give a short kiss (french kissing or other more intimate behavior for anyone in public is showing no class).

In other words, there is a proper way to behave in public.

One thing I admire about the Japanese, and I've never been there but dated a Japanese boy in highschool, who commented that we by and large act quite rude and arrogant. We don't try to get along.

My husband who was in the navy and was stationed in Japan for a bit said they were extremely polite and very socially aware of how to conduct themselves in public in order to "get along".

Those are the key words.

My youngest son, whom I love and am very proud of is gay.

When he told us, (I had already guess this) we told him, We love you and whatever floats your boat - but all three of my sons have been taught manners, how to behave in public so as to not make people around them uncomfortable - just to try to get along and create more harmony.

A person that has real class knows how to conduct themselves in public.

So many of our movie stars and social idols now days simply display a trailer trash mentality.

A sign of affection as long as it is not intimate, in public is fine.

If you are really in love you don't need to display it in public, that's just being a show off.

My husband rarely shows affection towards me in public, he holds doors open, holds my hand, may pat my back but we have been married 37 years together 38 years and he has always treated me like I was a royal Queen.

If one is horney, than get a hotel room - don't embarrass everyone around you...........simply being polite.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

There is a way to act in public and a way you act in private.
The reason we should display decorum in public is because we must get alone in society and try and create more harmony.
The reason for etiquette is to make people around us feel comfortable.
Possibly you may wish to purchase a book on etiquette.

What two consenting adults do in private is nobody's business..................but in public, yes if two people (notice I did not say man/woman) are in love and want to hold hands, give a short kiss (french kissing or other more intimate behavior for anyone in public is showing no class).

In other words, there is a proper way to behave in public.
A person that has real class knows how to conduct themselves in public.

A sign of affection as long as it is not intimate, in public is fine.
If you are really in love you don't need to display it in public, that's just being a show off.

My husband rarely shows affection towards me in public, he holds doors open, holds my hand, may pat my back but we have been married 37 years together 38 years and he has always treated me like I was a royal Queen.

Lets look at what I said, shall we:
These two sentiments are not the same. I can walk down the street holding my wife's hand, and nobody says squat. By your measure, though, it's ok to be gay...but don't let anybody know. That ain't right. The Pride parade is over the top...but our Caribbean folk don't party like Caribana every day either. Nor do the Irish celebrate St. Paddy's every day. Nor is every day Mardi Gras in NOLA. Festivals are not the measure of the culture. If my kids were gay, I'd say "Be who you are, live who you are." Anything less is the real child abuse.

At what point in that discussion do you question my etiquette? The over-the-top festivals? Tell the Irish and the Irish-wanna be's on St. Pats. How about Mardi Gras? Gonna ban that flashing for beads? Tell me how that works for you, will ya? Caribana...partying while Black...breach of etiquette? The Pride Parade? All takes place in the Gay Village...where the City of Toronto Street signs say:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a288a24cfcdd.png[/atsimg]
Ain't NO mistaken what part of town you're in...and up here that's celebrated!

Now...did I mention unseeming action in public? Or did I state that it is a couple's right to act as a couple...gay or not? Seems to me that you will acknowledge a gay couple's right to exist as long as you don't notice.
I'd say the comments about class and etiquette are a might misplaced. Or perhaps you need a copy of the Canadian Edition. Seems to do us just fine.

Oh...and I could not help but notice a wee slip in your post...the one where you state:

The reason we should display decorum in public is because we must get alone in society and try and create more harmony. (emphasis mine)

Perhaps that's your problem. But I will forgive you the suggestion that a gay might treat his/her partner like a Royal Queen. Cuz we're polite like that.

edit on 24-3-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Well I bet 200 years ago marriage had the same meaning as you describe it to have in this day and age? No, You're wrong, You are trying to manipulate the word...For example just because you live with an older male in your household that in no way makes him your father. Certain procedures must be met before the term can be used. You are the kind of people that make the word weightless, What you describe with no certification would simply be described as a relationship. The original meaning of Marriage was honestly, Love and trust......something people are slowly destroying.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't see how a same sex marriage eliminates honesty, love and trust. It is the same basis for a same sex marriage as it is for an opposite one.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

I don't see how a same sex marriage eliminates honesty, love and trust. It is the same basis for a same sex marriage as it is for an opposite one.

I was tempted to respond in the same manner, but I suspect the poster is replying to Stiger's comments about polyamory. All I can say is...as long as it don't scare the horses or mess up the kids, I have no opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The romanticized idea some have of marriage is a very new concept. Love as part of marriage is a very new concept.

The history of marriage is quite different. Here is an interesting article: The history of marriage is not as clear cut, unchanging and "historic" as Mr. Bush, Mr. Falwell and others would have you think. Nor, contrary to their claims, has it always been about providing stable homes for children and insuring the welfare of children. Let me qualify that statement just a bit. In a sense, it was about insuring the welfare of children, but only in the sense that children were considered property, as were wives. Children could be bought and sold into slavery. Women, as mentioned above, were expected to marry their dead husband's brother, whether she wanted to or not. Marriage didn't really begin to gain importance as an institution until man began settling into a more agrarian society. Once there were estates to pass down and land to defend, a man had to insure that he was passing them down to his biological children. Thus marriage was born-- as a means of dealing with the distribution of property. Marriage was controlled by the males of the family: women were given away in marriage whether they consented to it or not. It wasn't until 866 that Pope Nicholas I declared that consent of the woman was required to create a valid (ie, legal) marriage. Despite this, however, it was not until the middle of the nineteenth century that married women had any legal standing. Sadly, in 1940, married women were still not able to make legal contracts in twelve states within the US.

onespiritproject.com...

-------------------------------------------------------

All Presidents should support ALL citizens/people as equals.

Its fantastic that President Obama - - - recognized the qualifications of someone who just happens to be transgender - - - and didn't let that deter him from appointing her in the position.

edit on 25-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
why is it wrong that obama appoints transgenders or gays to seats in office? i think its a great message of tolerance that needs to be recognized across the land.

they arent hurting anyone, so why should it matter?

UNBELIEVABLE
yes it okay to be immoral. it's funny how people only read what they want to read and how they read into things only what they want it to mean. America is goin down because of this thinking.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
reply to post by XelNaga

There's nothing wrong with it, as you state. This is just more hate-tripe.

Is anybody home?
Oh my gosh another unbelievable, I guess that's it for morals, it got flushed along with the baby and the bath water. what is up is down and what is down is up, black is white and white is black. stop means go and go means stop

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The United States Of America is now the severely divided ruins of the immoral's, Modern Day Babylon

I surely see now and totally understand why, this once great nation is now dying.
edit on 30-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Its funny that you are the one who is talking about morals, when you have obviously no idea about them. There is nothing immoral about being a transgender, and two people of same gender being in love is beautiful, not immoral at all. If there is anything immoral in this thread, it is bigots like you.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by hawaii50th

Its funny that you are the one who is talking about morals, when you have obviously no idea about them. There is nothing immoral about being a transgender, and two people of same gender being in love is beautiful, not immoral at all. If there is anything immoral in this thread, it is bigots like you.

What else would I expect from a blind man, of course I wouldn't expect much.
Yes of course, when you shower you start to wash from the feet up, when you tie your shoes, you put your right foot up on the bench but you tie the left shoe first. When you change a light bulb it takes two of you to do it. And lastly, after giving the baby a bath, you throw out the baby with the bath water.

Yes, that is the new standards of today, I see now very clearly. Good luck to you in your new brave world, may your darkness lead you to..., well I don't know? Are you there? Where are you? I can't see, I can't see.... Heeelp meeeee, I'm faaaaaling.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join