It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well I'm agnostic but I love to study different religions and cultures and the history behind them.
I'm sure you aware that Judaism Chirtianity and Islam share a lot of common beliefs yet they are just different enough that they can't just sit down together and have a civil discussion.

I'm amazed that Christians claim to be experts on the bible but they never talk to Jewish people or a Rabbi who I feel are probably better educated on the old testament and culture in meaning then some evangelical bible belt preacher.
Some Christians are not even aware that their religion is an offshoot of Judaism

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by DrChuck

It's very important that you learn the proper 10 Commandments of Moses and not that that was twisted by the Romans.

Let's see your knowedge.....

where did the word "Amen" come from that you say at the end of all your prayers??????
edit on 22-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

If you want to hear that it can from a Egyptian god, then here it is. But there are other sources stating otherwise,

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Then you failed.

Perhaps YOU need to go back to Hebrew scripture because yours makes no common sense.

I'm not downing the Christians.....

they too believe in the coming of the Messiah as I do.......except I know he's a mortal man and not by way of miraculous conception as you describe in your scripture although ALL children are from miraculous conception when you think about it more seriously....it's called LIFE.

The difference between the Christians and I in regards to Jesus is the fact that he was very much a MORTAL man and was never the Messiah in the first place but probably the first Reform Rabbi.

You failed to tell me where the word "Amen" comes from that you end with all your prayers.

It is known that Jesus was a "craftman" as Joseph......the Christians believe it meant carpentry. It was the CRAFT. Are you aware of what that means?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Amen: RA = the sun god / AMUN = the father of life

Kinda throws a whole new meaning to it, does'nt it?

The Craft was that of the ancient Egyptian high priests; Joseph was a learner in this area and he passed it down to Jesus.

Moses was the ultimate learner of this Craft studying with the High Priests of Egypt before the Exodus.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

I'm reading your posts; you are very quick to grasp this thread

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

Then you failed.

At what? Your knowledge of history?

Perhaps YOU need to go back to Hebrew scripture because yours makes no common sense.

My what makes no common sense? Again with the empty accusations of nothing without substantiation.

I'm not downing the Christians.....

they too believe in the coming of the Messiah as I do.......except I know he's a mortal man and not by way of miraculous conception as you describe in your scripture although ALL children are from miraculous conception when you think about it more seriously....it's called LIFE.

The difference between the Christians and I in regards to Jesus is the fact that he was very much a MORTAL man and was never the Messiah in the first place but probably the first Reform Rabbi.

Not my scriptures. Well, I'm glad you KNOW that Jesus was a mortal man not by way of immaculate conception. Please enter a backup argument or at the very least tell me what part of my posts your referring to. Because I can see no relevance to anything your typing in relation to my posts.

You failed to tell me where the word "Amen" comes from that you end with all your prayers.

There are several sources and speculations as to where the word "Amen" came from. If you are claiming that you know for a fact where it originates from then please enlighten us. And then back it up.

It is known that Jesus was a "craftman" as Joseph......the Christians believe it meant carpentry. It was the CRAFT. Are you aware of what that means?

Like I said, back it up. All your doing is throwing out random tidbits with no background or support. Your responses address an argument that never came up. If you would like to continue this discussion, please rationalize your arguments with intelligence and in an organized manner. Your all over the place, responding to a imaginary arguments. Calm down.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

Amen: RA = the sun god / AMUN = the father of life

Kinda throws a whole new meaning to it, does'nt it?

The Craft was that of the ancient Egyptian high priests; Joseph was a learner in this area and he passed it down to Jesus.

Moses was the ultimate learner of this Craft studying with the High Priests of Egypt before the Exodus.

Didn't I say it came from an Egyptian god? Anything else you want me to answer about YOUR version of history? I saw Zeitgeist too, only an idiot would consider it truthful without further examination of extraneous sources and cross referencing.
edit on 22-3-2011 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
reply to post by addygrace

Ok what in the bible is metaphorical and what is literal and where do you draw the line?

You don't get to draw the line.
Some verses are literal. Some are figurative. Some are both. I dare say, if you actually read a bible, with the intention of making it useful to your mind and soul, you may be blessed with knowing.

In the verses below, we see even the disciples didn't always know.

5 When they went across the lake, the disciples forgot to take bread. 6 "Be careful," Jesus said to them. "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 7 They discussed this among themselves and said, "It is because we didn't bring any bread." 8 Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, "You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves about having no bread? 9 Do you still not understand? Don't you remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 10 Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 11 How is it you don't understand that I was not talking to you about bread? But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees." 12 Then they understood that he was not telling them to guard against the yeast used in bread, but against the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I can appreciate what you are attempting to do with this thread, but if I can be blunt for a moment, isn't it just a bit disingenuous to cherry pick which questions you will respond to? I asked you 2 very specific questions on the very first page of this thread, and you have ignored my questions completely. This alone leads me to believe your motive here is not to help others understand, not to answer questions honestly. Instead your motive is simply to spread your message of God.

I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed. I actually thought maybe someone would finally step up to the plate and be honest, instead we get the God Infomercial on ATS. Since you refuse to answer serious questions, I will toss you a nice softball question instead...

If the Christian god you worship is suppose to be Jewish, why does he have a Mexican name?

Why are so many Mexicans Roman Catholics?

Maybe those will be easier for you since you obviously have no interest in a real discussion or answering any real questions.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have a question.
On that very first Easter morning, when the women went to the tomb of Jesus and saw the stone rolled away from the entrance, what did they find inside the tomb?
The four gospels give different answers. Which is correct?

Are any correct?
ETA: I'll accept answers form anyone.
edit on 22-3-2011 by butcherguy because: to add

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Slightly off topic but, if Jesus was the son of god and he existed on earth, in theory, if we managed to find remains of him of which DNA could be extracted, would we actually have the DNA of god? and if so, would we be able to create a replica of him? if we did create that replica, what would happen? surely there couldnt be 2 gods in existance could there?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Why do you take only part of the Bible seriously? Why do Christians pick and choose?

I mean, You wouldnt stone someone to death for eating shellfish would you?

Why are christians friends with everyone else? Christians say if you dont accept Jesus, you will go to Hell. Why make friends with people that in your eyes are going to Hell for not believing what you belive in?

These are my Bible questions

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Never seen Zeitgeist, don't even know what it is!

As for the rest of your posts, I find it lacks common sense to even a reasonable thinking person. Torah and the New Testament (or Bible) is open to interpretation. However if you think I'm incorrect you are welcome to debate it with sources other than verses of your bible and I'll have a look at it.

If your threads are not debatable then perhaps you need another forum?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Do you think the "Trumpet blown from the eastern hemisphere could be the tsunami sirens we heard from Japan??..
You know what I mean revelations i think.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Which are the four gospels?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Those are the first four books of the New Testament. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Each covers the event, but with glaring differences. Most Christian sects teach that the Bible is infallible and the word of God. I don't know which story might be true or accurate.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Why are christians friends with everyone else? Christians say if you dont accept Jesus, you will go to Hell. Why make friends with people that in your eyes are going to Hell for not believing what you belive in?

Hell, I can answer this one.

Christ taught that you should love your enemies. Turn the other cheek and what not. The meek shall inherit the Earth.

I don't have any problem with the actual teachings of Christ himself, just all of the political intrigue and twisting of his teachings.... that is what I have a problem with.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I think the basics of Christianity as well as that in Judaism is all very nice, but all the other stories, many of which is just share plagiarism taken from Babylonian and Sumerian period. Some are distorted copies from ancient events and mythology.

The story of Jesus (and even Noach or Noah) is one of them. I'm not saying he did'nt exist but rather how the Christians portray him, you can find in strikingly almost identical Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Babylonian, Sumerian texts. The lost book of Enki is just one of example.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I agree with you. There are far too many nearly identical stories in most civilizations, whether Osiris and Horus, even the story of Noah is repeated.

I find that most of the mean stuff, as in not suffering a witch to live, stoning adulterers and homosexuals, that stuff, is found in the Old Testament, which are the Jewish scriptures. Not an Anti-Semite, just saying.

edit on 22-3-2011 by butcherguy because: grammatical correction

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yes you are correct.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join