It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I've done my homework....you have'nt.

The story of Noach (Noah) WAS in fact plagiarised by ancient Babylonian and Sumerian texts.

You can't refute that because it's quite easy to look it up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I posted what was available in the Bibles text. Other than that, it would only be speculation. What, did you expect me to just make something up? Read my OP again. The whole thing this time.

Actually, your OP said that you would say if you didn't know, you would say you didn't know.

Unfortunately, you failed to say you didn't know, and you have a bad (read non-bible believing "christian") attitude to boot.

I gave you the verse that I was aware of, thus I had knowledge on the subject. Just because I didn't write a 300 page thesis for you doesn't mean I didn't know about the topic.

As for my attitude, grow up and be a man. Don't cry to me cause I hurt your blame feelings. You seem to forget the preaching style of Jesus, Paul, Peter, Elijha, and many others. I'm not a politically correct timid Christian. I will be more than happy to offend you. Your feelings for me does not change what the Bible says. Grow up and welcome to reality.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I just wanted to restate my original question in case it got lost in the mix.

How does one inherit the eternal life promised by Jesus?

Is my question not worthy of a reply?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Where did the large volume of water come from and where did they go to once the flood waters dissipated during the biblical flood?

How did Noah get animals that where not native to the middle east or even on the same continent to his ark and back to their respective environment after the flood?

One quick answer to both of these without breaking out scripture is OPINION ALERT:

The oceans we have are the left over water from Noah's flood. This would draw a corralation to the ocean being "salty" just as Lots wife was turned to salt, fire and water.

With that in mind, much of the land in the oceans were once dry land:

Genesis 7:11-12
"11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. "

This would explain Atlantis, India coasts and the Japanese ruins underwater. As well as Easter island idols up in the "high places" for worship.

So with ost of the earth land, it would be easy for animals to wonder all around.
THIS WAS OPINION BASED ON BIBLE TEXT AND STUDY.

CHEATER! You said in your OP that if you didn't know you would say you don't know instead of making something up.

KJV1611 EPIC FAIL!

Your very desperate huh? Are you getting scared bud? Once again your ignorance precedes you. Genesis 7:11-12 ↑ shows where the water came from, and there is still a lot of it in the earth. Water tables and underground rivers/lakes are everywhere.

As for Noah's animals, they came to him.

Genesis 6:20
"Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive."

These animals are smarter than most people now-a-days. They will do what God told them to in order "to keep them alive". Will you?

1 John 5:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. "
1 John 5:12 "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. "
Roans 10:9-13
"9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. "

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by DrChuck

Let's get something straight here....

WO - MAN = woman

MAN = man

There's that old saying which came first, the chicken or the egg? The chicken.

I'm not saying God is man or woman, fact IS neither of us really know other than the fact that God has no image.

"Mankind" as in man and woman was created in God's image. Thats makes us ALL sons and daughters of God. But the Christian doctrin twists it to say Jesus is the son of God.......and the rest of us are not???? LOL

Now make up your mind, did Mary become pregnant through some great miraculous conception or mortal man? Perhaps she was impregnated by Aliens ? You avoided the tit bit about Sarah. She was 90 when she fell pregnant......HELLOOOOOOO !!!

Here's another.....

Why are the 10 Commandments of Moses differ to that Christian/Catholic bibles?

Jesus was a Hebrew....he was born a Hebrew, lived a Hebrew, died a Hebrew, and was buried as a Hebrew.
So why don't the Christians abide by the 10 Commandments of Moses? Jesus was NOT Christian in any shape or form. A true Christian should abide by the ancient laws given to Moses, at minimal, the 7 Commandments of Noach.

Don't lecture me on my own laws....I know the ancient laws of the Hebrews better than you.

Sadly, and I mean this, you have no clue what your talking about:

Galatians 4:4-5 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons."

The law was done away with when Jesus died. Why do you think the veil of the Temple rent?

Mattew 27:50-51
"50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; "

The law was finally kept completely by a MAN. This is one of three reasons why the son of God came, in the body of a Man

edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

The reason why this user's answers will be unfruitful is because of an error in his/her base theology.

The KJV is NOT the authoritative Bible. The dialect of English used in the KJV was a very obscure court dialect spoken by King James I and not a well known way of talking. It would be like reading the transciption of a conversation between two rural Maine speakers written by someone who didn't know how to to spell. Orthography dadn't been fixed completely in the Jacobean Era, as can be evidenced by direct trascriptions of John Donne, Christopher Marlow, and Will Shakespeare (that hack LOL).

I can speak to this as I am a lit major, with a degree in medieval and renaissance literature.

As a Christian and a liberal (its possible - shock and awe) I can attest to the idea of fundamentalism as flawed from the root. Inerrancy in a Bible that has been copied and modified by man is obviously tomfoolery at best and blind obsequience at worst. the idea of fundamentalism was a Luddite-style response to changing times and progressions of thought outside of what had been originally explored in regular theology. Go look it up - it originated in a set of tracts from the Bible Institute of Los Angeles called The Fundamentals: A Testimony To The Truth.

I'll grant that I share that God gave man his word - I also know the nature of man is craven, seeking to bend the world to his will, so man put spin, he put interpretation and modified what was the recorded Truth... and created the problems you see.

Let's face it. If you are "christian"... I rebuke you for failing to look first to the words of Jesus, God in human form, and not taking His teachings as your first, primary material for which to base your life. Forget Paul, forget two thousand years of what you were taught and THINK you know, and read Jesus' words first. Those should be who you should listen to.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him" John 14: 6-7

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

did he really promise that?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by bluemirage5

The 10 Commandments is what the Christian churches' teachings are also based upon......

Like I said, Jesus was born, lived, and died as a Jew.

what happened to the Christians and why did they not live as Jesus did and what he peached?

Wrong...again, *sigh*

This is what the Christian church is build on:

1 CORINTHIANS 15:1-4
"1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: "

We have a foundations on which the church is built, like and good house:

MATTHEW 7
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a ROCK:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a ROCK.

MATTHEW 16
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this ROCK I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Who is this Rock? Here is a hint, its not Peter or the Catholic church...

ROMANS 9:33
"As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and ROCK of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."
1 CORINTHIANS 10:4
"And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual ROCK that followed them: and that ROCK was Christ. "

Even Peter himself agrees

1 Peter 2:6-8
"6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a ROCK of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. "

Now read Deau 32:31 for the Roman catholic "rock" "For their ROCK is not as our ROCK, even our enemies themselves being judges.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yet another question..... if all living things are equal in gods eyes, do animals go to heaven too? including dinosaurs, and also plants as they are also living. If they do, how is it possible to spread the word of god to animals? and how is it possible to choose if they are worthy of a place in heaven or not? surely if he created everything to be equal he did a bad job of it as some things cannot stand up to humans and question us as to wether we are right in our way of thinking (eg religions) or not. If believing in, and living by the rules of a god of any sort is supposed to be a way of ensuring your passage to heaven( lets be honest, thats the main part of it) how can any other living creature get a fair shot at it?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I'm back to square one again.

You all keep saying "He" !!! Who is he?

God says, and WE will make MANKIND in the image of God........

Who's "We" ???.

Mankind = man AND woman.

He and S-he = "He"

Now what came first, the chicken or the egg?

You continue to use God in a masculine sense.

God has NO image. Therefore, God is neither he nor she but ONE.

Now since God is ONE without an image; explain this miraculous conception.......? Was there an IVF program happening during these times i don't know about?

Son of God......we are ALL sons and daughters of God because God created Mankind.

So if Jesus was the only son of God then I must had popped out from outer space or maybe I was also the product of another one of these miraculous conceptions.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well I'm agnostic but I love to study different religions and cultures and the history behind them.
I'm sure you aware that Judaism Chirtianity and Islam share a lot of common beliefs yet they are just different enough that they can't just sit down together and have a civil discussion.

I'm amazed that Christians claim to be experts on the bible but they never talk to Jewish people or a Rabbi who I feel are probably better educated on the old testament and culture in meaning then some evangelical bible belt preacher.
Some Christians are not even aware that their religion is an offshoot of Judaism

You seem to speak for all Christians, very presumptuous of you. I have talked to Rabbis, Priests, satanists, agnostics (those with no knowledge, that is the meaning of a(no) gnostic(knowledge), hindus, budda bellies, shintos. and many more. They are helpless at the wisdom and power found in the King James Holy Bible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

Then you failed.

Perhaps YOU need to go back to Hebrew scripture because yours makes no common sense.

I'm not downing the Christians.....

they too believe in the coming of the Messiah as I do.......except I know he's a mortal man and not by way of miraculous conception as you describe in your scripture although ALL children are from miraculous conception when you think about it more seriously....it's called LIFE.

The difference between the Christians and I in regards to Jesus is the fact that he was very much a MORTAL man and was never the Messiah in the first place but probably the first Reform Rabbi.

You failed to tell me where the word "Amen" comes from that you end with all your prayers.

It is known that Jesus was a "craftman" as Joseph......the Christians believe it meant carpentry. It was the CRAFT. Are you aware of what that means?

The Bible say CARPENTER bud. Stop derailing my thread or get reported. Amen means to agree with, or accept. My favorite use:

Revelation 22:20
"He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. "

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

No, I'm not wrong.....

all you are doing is preaching and not answering any of our questions.

IAMIAM is still long overdue for his answer......why won't you answer him?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

Amen: RA = the sun god / AMUN = the father of life

Kinda throws a whole new meaning to it, does'nt it?

The Craft was that of the ancient Egyptian high priests; Joseph was a learner in this area and he passed it down to Jesus.

Moses was the ultimate learner of this Craft studying with the High Priests of Egypt before the Exodus.

I can do this too!

Fat: large= being big / Fag= slang for being gay.

I can change one letter and say they are the same for about 24,000 other words too. Good job...you really proved your point

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

No no no....

I explained in detail exactly where AMEN orginated from and I did so with great knowledge and I did so truthfully.

So you are going to report me because I corrected you?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

MATTHEW 7
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a ROCK:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a ROCK.

Do you do the sayings of Christ?

Have you eliminated from your mind all things which cause offence?
Have you given all your earthly wealth to the poor and taught the Kingdom of Heaven?
Have you refused to judge others?
Have you opened your heart up to loving all?
Have you visited those in prison, gave water to all who thirst, clothed those who are naked?
Have you taught the blind to see?
Have you healed the sick?
Have you done all these things in Christ's name?

Can you recognise one who has?

Do you hear the voice of the lamb?

Do you know who I AM?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

did he really promise that?

Yes, and he kept his promise.

Do as Christ did and you will see Christ within yourself and everyone else. Thus as long as man walks the earth, you will never die for you are within all.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by KJV1611

I can appreciate what you are attempting to do with this thread, but if I can be blunt for a moment, isn't it just a bit disingenuous to cherry pick which questions you will respond to? I asked you 2 very specific questions on the very first page of this thread, and you have ignored my questions completely. This alone leads me to believe your motive here is not to help others understand, not to answer questions honestly. Instead your motive is simply to spread your message of God.

I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed. I actually thought maybe someone would finally step up to the plate and be honest, instead we get the God Infomercial on ATS. Since you refuse to answer serious questions, I will toss you a nice softball question instead...

If the Christian god you worship is suppose to be Jewish, why does he have a Mexican name?

Why are so many Mexicans Roman Catholics?

Maybe those will be easier for you since you obviously have no interest in a real discussion or answering any real questions.

I answered all the questions on the first 2 pages. Go back and check with Ctrl+F and type your name. Your answer should be somewhere in there. As you can see, I have many people I need to answer, don't get babyish if it takes me a while.

Your question here. Jesus is not a mexican name, its a Greek name. Its Hebrew name would be Joshua.
So many mexicans are catholics because Spain was run by the Catholic church when they took over central America and Mexico. What, would you think they would allow religious freedom when they conquered it? lol

Let me know if you find your answer to your original questions. Im too busy to do your work.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

No, I'm not wrong.....

all you are doing is preaching and not answering any of our questions.

IAMIAM is still long overdue for his answer......why won't you answer him?

I will answer it my friend, for the answer destroys the whole testimony of the OP.

Love God with all your heart. Who is God? Everything.

And your neighbor as yourself. Who is your neighbor? Everyone outside of you.

Or simply

Love one another.

This is the secret to eternal life. Our ego's are not who we are, but rather that which we built around us to protect us and separate us from each other. Deep within we are simply aspects of God who want to be loved. We are all the same at the core of our being. What is different is our experiences.

We do not die, we simply shed the flesh and are born again.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 22-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am still waiting for the answer to my Easter question.

It is a Bible question.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join