It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You really didn't use your mind and think for yourself and answer the question you just quoted scripture at me which really does nothing to answer the theological implications of my question.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Is the King James Bible the only book you read?
Do you read any secular books that have to do with science or history?
Is the king james bible your primary source of information about the world?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by KJV1611

I hope that wasn't directed at me...

Let me ask you this...

You said..

Since when did quoting truth require protocol?

and...

You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet.

Are you sure this is truth?

Is it truth because thats what is says in your bible, or is that what you feel in your heart?

My heart? My bleeding heart?!?!?!? Don't say such a thing again

JEREMIAH 17:9
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

What I write, comes from the Bible. If you doubt me, tell me to quote you a verse, I'm not shy.

When did Jesus show anything close to this...

You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people.

If God thinks so highly of them, why should I? I think God picked them because they are the most stubbern, greedy, faithless people on the planet

Please by all means....verse away

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Where did the large volume of water come from and where did they go to once the flood waters dissipated during the biblical flood?

How did Noah get animals that where not native to the middle east or even on the same continent to his ark and back to their respective environment after the flood?

One quick answer to both of these without breaking out scripture is OPINION ALERT:

The oceans we have are the left over water from Noah's flood. This would draw a corralation to the ocean being "salty" just as Lots wife was turned to salt, fire and water.

With that in mind, much of the land in the oceans were once dry land:

Genesis 7:11-12
"11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. "

This would explain Atlantis, India coasts and the Japanese ruins underwater. As well as Easter island idols up in the "high places" for worship.

So with ost of the earth land, it would be easy for animals to wonder all around.
THIS WAS OPINION BASED ON BIBLE TEXT AND STUDY.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

If you don't slow down I a going to ignore all of your easy questions. You obviously don't want answers or you would look at the answers I gave you and have a discussion. You will be ignored from now on till you behave

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

"I will render vengeance to mine enemies and will reward them that hate me."

Why would god have enemies? What could possibly hurt and harm an all powerful immortal being that it would have enemies that it would need to take vengeance out on?
Why would an all powerful loving being have a need for vengeance or revenge?

HEBREWS 10:29
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? "

John 3:35-36
"35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "

Who do you think his "enemies" are now?
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

alright i see...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Do you? who are his enemies then? Would you be included in this list?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

"I will render vengeance to mine enemies and will reward them that hate me."

Why would god have enemies? What could possibly hurt and harm an all powerful immortal being that it would have enemies that it would need to take vengeance out on?
Why would an all powerful loving being have a need for vengeance or revenge?

HEBREWS 10:29
"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under FOOT the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? "

John 3:35-36
"35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. "

Who do you think his "enemies" are now?
edit on 21-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

alright i see...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Do you? who are his enemies then? Would you be included in this list?

according to you it would be "those who don't believe in Jesus" ...correct?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Going to bed answer seekers. Send me a private message if you seek salvation, I would be happy to show you from the Bible how to go to heaven, just like I will.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

What "holy" Bible are you using?

I've lost track of how many Christian churches and temples there are out there and all their bibles differ from each other.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

edit on 22-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Because the rapist dishonoured the woman and her family, therefore by loosing her virginity without marrying the perpetrator she would never had founf a husband who would accept her.

The silver is a dowry where in ancient times the potential husband pays the bride of the father.

In Judaism there is a Katuba where the dowry is a signed agreement and the husband pays up should he divorce his wife but none has tested it in a legal court of justice.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

If you want to believe it was in physical form, most of all the wild animals today had wondered the Middle East in ancient times.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

God is a racist,
reply to post by KJV1611

I'm glad that you are being open an honest about this a lot of people tiptoe around issues like this but your just laying it out on the table.

Oh, there is much more people don't like to hear about. The simple fact is, 80% of the Bible is negative. And seeing how the Bible is basically a history of the Human/Jewish race....this makes much more sense. We people are born sinners...

I'm glad that you are quite comfortable with the bibles apparent negativity I can agree with you the book is quite
negative. This is apparently what turns some Christians to atheist they actually sit down and read the book cover from cover and they cannot deal with being taught that god is love and seeing that this bible does not exactly present this view also they have a difficult time with the contradictions that are throughout the whole book.

Heck their is a whole website dedicated to people who renounced their faith some of the people on the sight are even ex pastors who have turned atheist.
new.exchristian.net...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Actually, it is more widely believed Mary decended from the House of Levite and Joseph from the House of David (House of Judah). Since Christians believe Joseph was not Jesus' biological father then it is impossible Jesus was from the House of David. By this, Jesus was NOT the Messiah after all !!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why is there more about Jesus in the Quran then in the Bible? And why is it that every picture or statue of jesus I see he is white? But any person with a brain can tell you that he can't be he has to be either Arabic or African. How long does it take to reincarnate? Do you have to reincarnate? I mean can I just chill in Heaven forever? I'm I really going to Hell over pre marriage sex or was my fate sealed the first time I spilled a seed? Do you know any one that God actually answered or like sent a angel with a postcard or something? Do Christians like Mormons? Does God recognize all religions or just one? Is it possible that we have it wrong? Could there be another testament?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Actually, it is more widely believed Mary decended from the House of Levite and Joseph from the House of David (House of Judah). Since Christians believe Joseph was not Jesus' biological father then it is impossible Jesus was from the House of David. By this, Jesus was NOT the Messiah after all !!!

Actually even if Mary wasn't a descendant from the House of Levite, Jesus would still be considered a descendant of David, because his lawful father was Joseph - a descendant of David. In the old Jewish laws when a wife was widowed without bearing a son for her husband, the deceased husbands brother had the duty to impregnate her so that his brothers bloodline/name may continue.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

And why is it that every picture or statue of jesus I see he is white?
reply to post by CBSEInfinte

It might be because more people identify with White Jesus
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5c12bb5e255.jpg[/atsimg]

Then ethnic middle eastern Jesus
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95e8639e5297.jpg[/atsimg]

It's all about marketing to your audience I guess

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CBSEInfinte
Why is there more about Jesus in the Quran then in the Bible? And why is it that every picture or statue of jesus I see he is white? But any person with a brain can tell you that he can't be he has to be either Arabic or African. How long does it take to reincarnate? Do you have to reincarnate? I mean can I just chill in Heaven forever? I'm I really going to Hell over pre marriage sex or was my fate sealed the first time I spilled a seed? Do you know any one that God actually answered or like sent a angel with a postcard or something? Do Christians like Mormons? Does God recognize all religions or just one? Is it possible that we have it wrong? Could there be another testament?

Why are you asking him about a artists rendering of Jesus? Go ask the artist. By the way Jesus was a Jew.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

But that's just it... Almost every tribe calls themselves something like "the chosen" or "the real"... There's nothing special about this Hebrew tribe

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Thats where you are wrong. Bloodline has EVERYTHING to do with it.

However in your statement, it's wrong.....Mary was never married before Joseph.

The facinating idea by the so called Christians to claim Mary was a virgin and was impregnated by God equates to God condoning rape.

God does NOT condone rape in any shape or form.

Now since God has no image then how do the Christians know God is man enough to impregnate Mary? How do you know God is even a man?

Even Sarah, Abraham's wife was baron until God promised her a child.....the child in question of Abraham & Sarah.....is Issac. Technically, it is Issac that is the father of the Hebrews and Ishmael is father to the Arabs. Abraham is the forefather of both Hebrews and Arabs.

edit on 22-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: correction

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join