It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Jesus looks caucasian and handsome because it's not Jesus you are looking at but rather Leonardi de Vinci who painted the Last Supper and used his image on to that of Jesus.

Jesus was in fact approx 5'10, thin looking, auburn hair, hazel eyes and olive skin.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The story of Noah goes back even in ancient Sumerian and Babylonian times. The story was plagarized I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by KJV1611

Are you saying I have to be a religious authority to be able to read MY OWN king james bible and give answers from it? Since when did quoting truth require protocol? Are you the feds or something?

Just so you know, I am very qualified to gives answers from the Bible.

Number one: I can read.
Number two: I can read English.
Number three: I am saved and have a relationship with my savior.
Number four: I have the preserved words of God in the King James Bible.
Number five and the biggest reason: I believe everything I read in God's Holy Bible

That is all the qualifications you get for now. If its not good enough, leave.

In regard to number four, the "words of God" were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, if memory serves. They were TRANSLATED (and poorly at at that) into the King's English.

And just a reminder for telling someone else to leave: You put yourself in the hotseat by opening this thread.

Are your buns warm yet?
How about now?

edit on 22-3-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by DrChuck

Thats where you are wrong. Bloodline has EVERYTHING to do with it.

Go study the old Jewish laws. A son born to a man in his house whether or not the son is biologically related is still considered his son. If he lays with his wife and bears a son, its his son. If he lays with a slave and has a son, its his son. If another man lays with his wife and bears a son, its still his son by law.

The facinating idea by the so called Christians to claim Mary was a virgin and was impregnated by God equates to God condoning rape.

God does NOT condone rape in any shape or form.

How exactly does a immaculate conception qualify as rape? Its conception WITHOUT forced intercourse.

Now since God has no image then how do the Christians know God is man enough to impregnate Mary? How do you know God is even a man?

How do you know He is not? Doesn't the Bible state that we are created in His image?

Even Sarah, Abraham's wife was baron until God promised her a child.....the child in question of Abraham & Sarah.....is Issac. Technically, it is Issac that is the father of the Hebrews and Ishmael is father to the Arabs. Abraham is the forefather of both Hebrews and Arabs.

This I can agree on, technically Isaac is the father of the Jews and Ishmael is the father of Muslims. But it did start with Abraham.

edit on 22-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2011 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Oh.....so then goes Moses out the door, huh?

You forgot about that bit.

God's inheritance was given to Abraham. From Abraham to Issac to Jacob to Epraim.

God's 10 Commandments were given to Moses.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I posted what was available in the Bibles text. Other than that, it would only be speculation. What, did you expect me to just make something up? Read my OP again. The whole thing this time.

Actually, your OP said that you would say if you didn't know, you would say you didn't know.

Unfortunately, you failed to say you didn't know, and you have a bad (read non-bible believing "christian") attitude to boot.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I don't get where your going with the Moses bit, can you elaborate?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by bogomil

Well, I was kind enough to reference a Christian website and a Christian concordance of Greek for the word used. I can even provide the specific passage in classical Greek if need be...so no need to shirk away from the argument from authority.

Once again, go play with your dead language else where. I am dealing with the English King James Bible here with its own self defining system for words.

Which is a translation of the original languages, and a limited one at that, as the translators of that time had a limited understanding of the multiple tenses inherent in verbs in the original languages, and the King's English was somewhat limited as well. To get the real meaning you have to actually "go play with (the) dead language(s)".

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Yes there is quite a lot that can be lost in meaning and translation when you are jumping from two languages and two cultures.
Hebrew> Aramaic>Greek>Latin>English

Not only are these different languages they are different cultures. Some of the words do not have a close equivalent in the language it's translated into.
edit on 22-3-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Where did the large volume of water come from and where did they go to once the flood waters dissipated during the biblical flood?

How did Noah get animals that where not native to the middle east or even on the same continent to his ark and back to their respective environment after the flood?

One quick answer to both of these without breaking out scripture is OPINION ALERT:

The oceans we have are the left over water from Noah's flood. This would draw a corralation to the ocean being "salty" just as Lots wife was turned to salt, fire and water.

With that in mind, much of the land in the oceans were once dry land:

Genesis 7:11-12
"11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. "

This would explain Atlantis, India coasts and the Japanese ruins underwater. As well as Easter island idols up in the "high places" for worship.

So with ost of the earth land, it would be easy for animals to wonder all around.
THIS WAS OPINION BASED ON BIBLE TEXT AND STUDY.

CHEATER! You said in your OP that if you didn't know you would say you don't know instead of making something up.

KJV1611 EPIC FAIL!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Let's get something straight here....

WO - MAN = woman

MAN = man

There's that old saying which came first, the chicken or the egg? The chicken.

I'm not saying God is man or woman, fact IS neither of us really know other than the fact that God has no image.

"Mankind" as in man and woman was created in God's image. Thats makes us ALL sons and daughters of God. But the Christian doctrin twists it to say Jesus is the son of God.......and the rest of us are not???? LOL

Now make up your mind, did Mary become pregnant through some great miraculous conception or mortal man? Perhaps she was impregnated by Aliens ? You avoided the tit bit about Sarah. She was 90 when she fell pregnant......HELLOOOOOOO !!!

Here's another.....

Why are the 10 Commandments of Moses differ to that Christian/Catholic bibles?

Jesus was a Hebrew....he was born a Hebrew, lived a Hebrew, died a Hebrew, and was buried as a Hebrew.
So why don't the Christians abide by the 10 Commandments of Moses? Jesus was NOT Christian in any shape or form. A true Christian should abide by the ancient laws given to Moses, at minimal, the 7 Commandments of Noach.

Don't lecture me on my own laws....I know the ancient laws of the Hebrews better than you.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

I just elaborated on Moses. If you didn't get where I'm going with your beliefs then I'm afraid you have been subjected to something that is not from God but from the Romans themselves who created the bible and made some damning mistakes.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

I just elaborated on Moses. If you didn't get where I'm going with your beliefs then I'm afraid you have been subjected to something that is not from God but from the Romans themselves who created the bible and made some damning mistakes.

You merely said "Moses goes out the door". It doesn't really leave much for discussion as it states absolutely nothing and can be interpreted in a million different ways. So I politely ask you again, can you elaborate?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Actually it was from Aramaic to Hebrew and so on.

Nothing was misinterpreted until the Romans got hold of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Jesus was a Hebrew....he was born a Hebrew, lived a Hebrew, died a Hebrew, and was buried as a Hebrew.
So why don't the Christians abide by the 10 Commandments of Moses? Jesus was NOT Christian in any shape or form. A true Christian should abide by the ancient laws given to Moses, at minimal, the 7 Commandments of Noach.

I read that Jesus was most likely a prophet and was trying to lead a reform of Judaism his early followers followed the Jewish laws and dietary laws. It was only when the idea spread to Rome that it integrated with roman pagan ideas. The idea of Gods having demigod children through mating with mortals was common in rome so the idea of god having a son called Jesus must have not seemed that unusual to them.
From what little I understand of Judaism it rejects the notion that God could have a child that was semi mortal.
Apparently they do not believe in a trinity or a father and a son they only believe in one monotheistic God.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The 10 Commandments is what the Christian churches' teachings are also based upon......

Like I said, Jesus was born, lived, and died as a Jew.

what happened to the Christians and why did they not live as Jesus did and what he peached?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

You got it !!!!

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

It's very important that you learn the proper 10 Commandments of Moses and not that that was twisted by the Romans.

Let's see your knowedge.....

where did the word "Amen" come from that you say at the end of all your prayers??????

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

Let's get something straight here....

WO - MAN = woman

MAN = man

There's that old saying which came first, the chicken or the egg? The chicken.

I'm not saying God is man or woman, fact IS neither of us really know other than the fact that God has no image.

"Mankind" as in man and woman was created in God's image. Thats makes us ALL sons and daughters of God. But the Christian doctrin twists it to say Jesus is the son of God.......and the rest of us are not???? LOL

What are you replying to? Are you sure your replying to my posts? Because I have no idea what your trying to argue, and to what part of my posts your responding to. I have never stated that we were not sons and daughters of God.

Now make up your mind, did Mary become pregnant through some great miraculous conception or mortal man? Perhaps she was impregnated by Aliens ? You avoided the tit bit about Sarah. She was 90 when she fell pregnant......HELLOOOOOOO !!!

What about Sara? You merely brought up the point that she was barren until God promised her a child. Which had absolutely no relevance to our discussion, and if it did you neglected to expand on it. There was no tidbit of Sara that I avoided. So what is your point about Sara? She was 90 and fell pregnant. What exactly are you trying to say?

Here's another.....

Why are the 10 Commandments of Moses differ to that Christian/Catholic bibles?

When the heck did this subject materialize? I don't think your addressing my posts but someone elses.

Don't lecture me on my own laws....I know the ancient laws of the Hebrews better than you.

Ok, you may know the laws better than me, but no need to get your panties bunched up and get pissy with me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WENEEDAREVOLUTION

There is only one God, but He consists of three distinct persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The word “trinity” is not found in Scripture. It is a word used by Christians to express the doctrine of the unity of God as consisting of three distinct Persons. This word is derived from the Greek word trias, first used by Theophilus (A.D. 168-183), or from the Latin trinitas, first used by Tertullian (A.D. 220), to express this doctrine.

The propositions involved in the doctrine are these:

That God is one, and that there is but one God (Deut. 6:4; 1 Kings 8:60; Isa. 44:6; Mark 12:29, 32; John 10:30).

That the Father is a distinct divine Person (hypostasis, subsistentia, persona, suppositum intellectuale), distinct from the Son and the Holy Spirit.

That Jesus Christ was truly God, and yet was a Person distinct from the Father and the Holy Spirit. (John 20:30-31)

That the Holy Spirit is also a distinct divine Person.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join