It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by DrChuck

The difference between the Christians and I in regards to Jesus is the fact that he was very much a MORTAL man and was never the Messiah in the first place but probably the first Reform Rabbi.

You failed to tell me where the word "Amen" comes from that you end with all your prayers.

It is known that Jesus was a "craftman" as Joseph......the Christians believe it meant carpentry. It was the CRAFT. Are you aware of what that means?

Finally, I can agree with Blue

I think Jeshua saw the inequality of life in the Hebrew world of the time which was compounded by the occupation by Rome, and so offered an Idea for a different way to live and a different path to Communion with the Source.

And YES... the Craft is not Woodwork as has been Believed for so long. One scribe somewhere in time translating books from another language found his understanding a little lacking with some words, and so the words used to denote The Craft became Carpenter... or it was a purposeful alteration to meaning.

This understanding now allows a bigger picture to develop, one where we can see the Gnostic connections, the underground movements of the day against the Roman occupation as all being part of what Jeshua the Man was doing. It allows for him to have more awareness and knowledge as a Man without having to be Divine and the ONLY Son of God.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

This is hilarious. The thread was guaranteed to collapse into chaos because even the pope can't understand the bible hahaha.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I have a question.
On that very first Easter morning, when the women went to the tomb of Jesus and saw the stone rolled away from the entrance, what did they find inside the tomb?
The four gospels give different answers. Which is correct?

Are any correct?
ETA: I'll accept answers form anyone.
edit on 22-3-2011 by butcherguy because: to add

Easter Eggs and Peeps?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Leaving the ancient story and dogmas,lets bring the christian-muslim manmade religions to a modern result of this cults.Why is it that this country-tribe being the chosen one by one's God or trinity,Israel-Jerusalem,there is still crime murders,and this country [one of the most beligerant in the world]has the same sociopolitical problems,like corruption,prostitution ,drug use,homosexualism,and so forth,I think if this was the people chosen by god they should be spared from the scum........WHY is the fact that we found more PEDOPHILIA manifested in christians???...just to mention the most common crime known by them.Read the 'Beloved' book its also pack with INCEST,CASTRATION,BEHEADINGS,POLIGAMY,SEX SLAVES,SEDUCTION,BABY AND INFANT MURDER, justa read by all means.Deuteronomy(25:11-12), Book of SAMUEL II(16-20)theres a handful of bible verses that your Sunday -Saturday school teacher forgot to tell you about.The modern desception of muslims [of the radical ones] is that they been promise 7 virgins in heaven if they die as marthyrs,blown themselves up noneteless. SHARING a little bit of the Bible and if you really wanna change your life read: Numbers 31:13-18 where MOSES command to kill and rape.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The op never answered my questions...just beat around the bush, claimed my questions were more of an essay and quoted a load of garbage from the bible.
You fail OP

You never answered why there are soooooooo many inconsistencies....i was not the only person to ask this....i even gave you a couple of examples (an essay as you put it, yet you post many more quotes from the bible)

Your answers are worthless as they arent YOUR answers...they are quotes from the bible...which have little or no proof to back them up

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

My question was fairly staightforward, I hope I get an answer.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ( the books of the Bible) all tell a different story about what Christians consider to be a major point... the discovery of Jesus resurrection.

According to the various accounts, the women walk into the tomb to find Jesus body missing. In the place of it, they find either an angel, a man dressed in white or two young men in shining clothing. One of the books goes so far as to tell the positions where the two young men were sitting. The infallibility of the Bible dictates that there should be one account that is true and that would be the same in all four books.

If all four are correct, then I suppose that it is teaching us about parallel realities or some such thing, eh?

edit on 22-3-2011 by butcherguy because: forgot how to count to four. duh

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Read y first post. I have had to say read my OP a lot now.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I just wanted to restate my original question in case it got lost in the mix.

How does one inherit the eternal life promised by Jesus?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah

And why is it that every picture or statue of jesus I see he is white?
reply to post by CBSEInfinte

It might be because more people identify with White Jesus
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5c12bb5e255.jpg[/atsimg]

Then ethnic middle eastern Jesus
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95e8639e5297.jpg[/atsimg]

It's all about marketing to your audience I guess

Wrong. The first is a catholic picture, the last a PBS/NG/or TV special picture. Both are wrong. Jesus was a Jew, and Christians are not to make "images" of God or anything spiritual in heaven. Its one of the 10 commandments for crying out loud. Muslims teach the same thing, they just stole it from the Bible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
TO THE OP:

this is kind of off topic but i thought you might find it interesting:

hell enlarges itself.
see

according to that guy, the earth was once a big mass of land, with only shallow seas.
he also mentions that the dinosaurs were also forced gradually into extinction, regardless of asteroid impacts, because as the earth grew, the gravity changed, making it harder and harder for them to keep their gigantic bodies, erect. the more i think about this, the more i think he's right.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

But that's just it... Almost every tribe calls themselves something like "the chosen" or "the real"... There's nothing special about this Hebrew tribe

Nothing special according to you or your opinion. But according to the Bible and God's opinion (which matters) they are chosen

Isaiah 41:8
"But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend."

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

Thats where you are wrong. Bloodline has EVERYTHING to do with it.

However in your statement, it's wrong.....Mary was never married before Joseph.

The facinating idea by the so called Christians to claim Mary was a virgin and was impregnated by God equates to God condoning rape.

God does NOT condone rape in any shape or form.

So having a baby outside of wed lock is rape now? My, that would sure make a lot of lawyers happy today! Do you even know what "marriage" is?

Most people do not. They think a piece of paper and a ceremony constitutes marriage. Dead wrong, every time.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I like it! This is based on a bible verse which makes it credible to me

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

The story of Noah goes back even in ancient Sumerian and Babylonian times. The story was plagarized I'm afraid.

Even if what you said is correct (which it is not) then wouldn't this do nothing more than verify the Bible's account with older writings? This procedure works for other documents, why not the Bible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok, I have a question.

Was Mohamed's coming foretold in the song of Solomon?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

originally i thought it was two different versions of the event (flood narrative): one version from the perspective of the mainstream priest scholars of the time and the other version from the perspective of the slaves who memorized it and passed it down via word of mouth as per this verse:

DEUTERONOMY 32:7 Remember the days of old, consider the years for past ages: ask thy father, and he shall relate to thee, thine elders, and they shall tell thee. 8 When the Most High divided the nations, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God. 9 And His people Jacob became the portion of the Lord, Israel was the line of His inheritance. (Brenton's LXX)

that's moses telling the people to inquire of the oral historians of their tribes, what the events were which preceeded their own memories.

personally, i think the habiru (hibiru, hebrew, hyskos shepherd kings) were taught stone masonry and it was them who built the temples. would also explain why they grew to prominence in egypt, had special knowledge on the subject, and would also explain why nimrod came out of the starting gate with building new temples to the gods, on his mind. (see enmerkar and the lord of arrata for the akkadian version of nimrod, see anything about narmer or osiris, for the egyptian version of nimrod).

here's evidence of the exodus story, in egyptian texts

pharaoh Ahmose was pharaoh at the time. he was Moses' egyptian brother.

edit on 22-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Originally posted by KJV1611

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by KJV1611

Are you saying I have to be a religious authority to be able to read MY OWN king james bible and give answers from it? Since when did quoting truth require protocol? Are you the feds or something?

Just so you know, I am very qualified to gives answers from the Bible.

Number one: I can read.
Number two: I can read English.
Number three: I am saved and have a relationship with my savior.
Number four: I have the preserved words of God in the King James Bible.
Number five and the biggest reason: I believe everything I read in God's Holy Bible

That is all the qualifications you get for now. If its not good enough, leave.

In regard to number four, the "words of God" were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, if memory serves. They were TRANSLATED (and poorly at at that) into the King's English.

And just a reminder for telling someone else to leave: You put yourself in the hotseat by opening this thread.

Are your buns warm yet?
How about now?

edit on 22-3-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

I have only had 2 questions that were worthy of actually having to research. The rest have been answered as soon as I read them and copy and pasted some scripture. I'll post the allstar questions I found later. Will you be a part of them?

As for the Bible, it has actually been through seven (7) languages

1. Hebrew 1780-400 BC
2. Aramaic 603-515 BC
3. Greek 35-96 AD
4. Syrian 120-180 AD
5. Latin 140-500 AD
6. German 1520-1600 AD
7. English 1525-1611 AD

Psalms 12:6-7
"6 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. "

The King James Bible is considered the most beautiful work of English literature ever published according to all College english classes.

Once again, if you don't want Bible answers from the KJV, then leave.
edit on 22-3-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Thank you Doc for helping me keep up with the huge demand here! You have been right on with your answers and I am happy to have you help me. So many people have questions that are easily answered from just reading the Bible, I just want to help with that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to post by DrChuck

Oh.....so then goes Moses out the door, huh?

You forgot about that bit.

God's inheritance was given to Abraham. From Abraham to Issac to Jacob to Epraim.

God's 10 Commandments were given to Moses.

your point? The first five books of the Bible were spoke to Moses and wrote down by him. The only reason we know about Abraham is because of Moses.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

plus if my theory is true, adam was the egyptian atum, and the egyptian story of creation is identical to the biblical story of creation, and in fact, that's what moses is referring to in genesis.

what i mean by adam=atum is that they are both plural words, and that they, like christians, are named after their creators. the atum gods created the atum race. in other words. this helps to further elucidate the two different adam creations, the first of which says the adam were created male and female in the image of elohim (plural).

edit on 22-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join