It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For what its worth, I woke up Friday or Saturday night. REAL late.

I heard thunder rolling pretty good and went back to sleep (I like thunder
).

I thought it was weird I didnt hear rain and it didnt seem to have rained much (if at all) in the morning when I mowed the yard.

this is east of Dallas area fwiw.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
I'm not quite sure how to put this in terms.That sound,and some of the others I have heard in similiar videos sounds to me like air suction.What if space was encroaching into our atmosphere and opening up pockets?Would there be a sound?
edit on 21-3-2011 by Daedal because: spelling

I can see a HAARP like technology operating and if holes are being punched with high energy in pulses there would have to be some type sound associated with it by nature. Gas is gas(depending on its composition), the rapid expansion of the gas depending on the rate would have to create some type of sound natural or unnatural.

The physics are sound here to make sounds.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i havent gone through all the pages in this thread so sorry if this idea has been mentioned before. now, im not sure about ALL the cases but it could explain some of the long rumbling sounds but what about a blimp? ive heard them about a bunch of times and the do seem to linger. and also, with the talk of new forms of blimps coming its possible.

edit on 3/21/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I live approximately 40 miles west from Chicago, 30 miles from ohare airport. Not close enough to hear turbine engines blasting for 30-45 minutes nonstop. I know I for one will be staying up a little late tonight with camcorder in hand. Heck, I'll probably even bust out the night vision goggles if I hear something. All I can say is it's time to do some hardcore investigating. If anyone hears anything similar to what this thread is referring to, grow a pair and go look. I'm not talking smack to those who haven't because all this rucus was new. But now that we have multiple accounts, let's figure it out without the authorities help. They don't seem capable of helping their own people anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I love how the OPs immediately slams "debunkers"...debunking what?

Yes, I too believe in sound and noise..yay, I am a star eyed believer...hooray.

I hear similar sounds like this under certain conditions also..typocally its either a nearby airport/airplane, or some thunder..yes, it sounds odd..yes, it will totally unnerve you if you are not one to try and investigate exactly what the sound is verses just accept it as being spooky..and yes, if you stand on your roof, the echo from all the buildings and such will be lessened so you can sort of pinpoint where generally it is coming from.

Not saying that is definately what this sound is, but since the video is without reference, without investigation, several years old, etc...then I am going to bet on atmospheric phenomona verses gates of hell opening or mother earth with indigestion

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I just joined this site a moment ago because I to heard that sound this afternoon, at first I thought it was thunder but i went outside to see & it was sunny at the time. I live in West Virginia about 5 miles from the Ohio River.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kitkatcat

Wow i wonder if it has anything to do with the tungusta event also last night i found this awsome website go on it
thebestsecrets.webs.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Holy Damn!!!! I'm in North Texas and I manage a large apartment community here. A few weeks ago, one of my residents called me as soon as the
office opened up to tell me about an incident that happened around 4 or 5 am.

She said she was woken up by a really loud sound outside. She got up and went outside to investigate, only to find that there was nothing in the sky.
Other residents had wandered out to see what the sound was. She literally described the sound as sounding like a "fighter jet hovering over my
building". She told me this lasted for what seemed like an hour but wasn't sure of an exact time. There were no lights or objects anywhere in the
sky around her and the sky was clear.

I didn't receive complaints from any other residents so I just brushed it off thinking maybe she was dreaming the whole thing. She was clearly upset
and scared when she was describing the situation. It gave me chills when she told the story...and listening to the video in the OP gave me chills
because it sounds exactly like what my resident was telling me.

If this isn't a WTF moment, I don't know what is.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
These reports are coming up everywhere: San Diego, LA, West VA, Florida, New York/New Jersey, Canada, UK,,,the latest video with the sound is from the Ohio River:

www.youtube.com...=52

Debunkers, you've got to really do better on this one if you plan to pull this into the world of the mundane. It is simply not a weather event or anything ordinary. It is causing the ground to shake for as long as the sound is happening.

Anyone's opinion welcome...including debunkers...
edit on Mon Mar 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: embed the video

Wow I live in North East Ohio and I heard the same thing as in this video I first thought it might've been a night shift road crew running an asphalt grinder since there is quite a bit of highway construction going on within a few miles from my house but there is no work that goes on at night the road crew is only working day shift. I didn't feel any rumbling or shaking just a off in the distant roar like a military jet with afterburners lit only the sound was ambient and not moving and lasted a few hours. What makes this really freaky for me is that I remember thinking to myself while I was laying in bed on what a weird noise that I was hearing but didn't think much of it but now after hearing the audio on that youtube clip its the same exact noise and why the heck is everyone hearing that same noise all around the world, seriously that is some crazy stuff.

link   
reply to post by Dbarnette64

I live in Ashland, KY right on the ohio...What time did you hear it?

link   
The first video I at first thought was someone playing a drum kit. Only the low frequency sounds are heard.

However, on closer inspection it sounds very similar to a wind turbine:

www.youtube.com...

The second video linked from the first page in the other thread is thunder. This is amply demonstrated by the lightning in the video.

Not all things are connected.

I didn't find any videos of the other locations where these noises are supposedly heard on the first page, so I gave up on the thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Holy Damn!!!! I'm in North Texas and I manage a large apartment community here. A few weeks ago, one of my residents called me as soon as the
office opened up to tell me about an incident that happened around 4 or 5 am.

She said she was woken up by a really loud sound outside. She got up and went outside to investigate, only to find that there was nothing in the sky.
Other residents had wandered out to see what the sound was. She literally described the sound as sounding like a "fighter jet hovering over my
building". She told me this lasted for what seemed like an hour but wasn't sure of an exact time. There were no lights or objects anywhere in the
sky around her and the sky was clear.

I didn't receive complaints from any other residents so I just brushed it off thinking maybe she was dreaming the whole thing. She was clearly upset
and scared when she was describing the situation. It gave me chills when she told the story...and listening to the video in the OP gave me chills
because it sounds exactly like what my resident was telling me.

If this isn't a WTF moment, I don't know what is.

How did you know about other tenants searching also?
Did the lady tenant say she saw others or...?

Thanx, VV6.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Stumbling on this thread is a bit creepy...my boyfriend and I were brushing our teeth one night and I stopped mid-brush because I heard a low rumble. It went on for about 10 seconds. I THOUGHT it was a jet, so I kept brushing. He asked me what was up and I told him, "Nothing." It kept going, though, and I realized it wasn't didn't have the Doppler affect most jet engine sounds do. ETA: Instead, it was just a very steady rumble in volume and intensity, so I stopped brushing again, told him, "Shhhh," and by this time even he got an inquisitive look on his face while listening. I said that I just thought the sound was weird because it didn't seem quite like a jet. He agreed. Here's the really creepy part...

I told him it sounded more like the low rumbles I used to hear just before an earthquake when I lived in Southern California growing up. To see this thread just a couple days reading the accounts of others is is weirding me out!

edit on 21-3-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
No sound here. Everything pretty normal except for an increase in the liveliness of the weather (scotland was always lively anyway). The world is warmer, increased energy and thus increased "liveliness". No mystery there.......unless you deny the world is warming of course but I suspect animals, corals, glaciers, plants etc etc would all disagree . Not in words but in survival patterns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have read tons of reports of gloom and doom, end of the world etc etc. I'm quite open minded but I am also quite open minded to how the human brain convinces itself all sorts of pure unadulterated sh..te.

Facts please. Cross referenced facts please. Measurable facts please. Properly analysed phenomena please. Anecdotal evidence, uncorroborated evidence, missing context evidence, etc etc is not evidence merely proof of the human brains ability to see patterns where there are none primarily to ensure survival.

Finally the "US" is not the "world"......

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Finally the "US" is not the "world"......

How about India, Australia, Scotland, England, and Canada? Are they in the world?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i like how you name a bunch of states and then desperately try to make it look like you care about the rest of the world by saying "Canada, UK." Sad

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

A mystery boom happened near Atlanta, GA last November and it has been pretty much swept under the rug. No official explanation was given, sonic-boom was ruled out, and so was a meth lab explosion. Here is the thread I posted about it earlier:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
s............anyway in Dec I heard that kind of sound so I went outside and heard this deep roaring rumble that stayed in one place (coming from over the Great Salt Lake it seemed) and it kept up for almost 15 minutes then just BAM was gone. Left a ringing in my ears........this happened about 3:20AM......it was NOT the jet fighters because the sound they make travels with them, and THIS weird rumble never changed direction or intensity.

This is exactly what it was like for me and why I thought it was so weird. I KNEW it wasn't a jet because it obviously wasn't an object moving toward and then away from us (Doppler affect). It was like it just came from a certain area, continued to rumble, and then just stopped. Also, for me, it didn't come from over head. It didn't seem to come from under ground, either.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My reply earlier 2day

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
When I hear it, it sounds like a washer machine thats off track.
Or sometimes I hear a whooosh.. whoooosh... and so on, in a low tone kinda like a movie with a dimensional portal opening. Freaky !?

Ehhh... but what ever, nothing to trip about.
Just throwing it out to see if anyone else hears something like that, too?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I want to do some research, Is the video of Florida on March 9th the most recent one? If there is a newer video or sound clip of this sound please tell me. Much appreciated.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join