It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Besides the bible taking stories from the Epic of Gilgamesh that predates it, the New Testament bible itself was also changed.

Some point to constantine as a figure who changed the bible. Though some say this wasnt true, some point to other civilizations anyway (carthage, many years after constantine's death), either way a group did pick and choose and edit the bible as we see it now. Thats obvious, since there are MORE books to the collection that someone somewhere decided to not add to the bible studies. Some of these books even predate the new testament, some came after.

Also, saint paul edited a lot of the bible before he introduced it to rome. St paul read and spoke both his hebrew language, and roman, so he made major edits to make it "roman friendly" as much as possible. This was a great opportunity not only for christianity, but also for Paul. And it makes sense, the old testament now (unlike the new testament) refers to god as the god of the jews, and they will save the jews, and they killed and anhiliated anyone who messed with the jews. In the new testament, you dont read much of that, it reaches for a more global scale that doesnt try to focus to much on one group.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
reply to post by TheIsraelite777

The majority of Christianity will not make it into kingdom for 3 simple reasons. 1. They can't stop practicing pagan holidays [Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, Halloween], 2. they eat unclean foods[Pork, catfish, etc], and 3. they don't keep the commandments. Jesus said if you want to enter into eternal life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

1)Christmas,Easter,Good Friday are Christian holidays not Pagan.
2) No, those were the Jews( Gods chosen people) who ate unclean food. Not Christians
3)What commandments are you talking about? Here, this is what Jesus said:

Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I think you may be taking these passages a little out of context and mixing up what was expected from the Jews and now the Christians and the new covenant.

Actually, christmas and easter have pagan roots dating far back to before jesus. Everything from the basic idea of celeberation of that holiday, to the actual date, was already in use by "pagan" religions and cults.

Its all part of history, one group of people take customs and traditions from others, same as their religious practices.
Heres a link explaining some of it.
godkind.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
OT, Were living in the NT now..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Jesus is the lord of commandments and the sabbath.
We dont have to run to God with a fat calf or a pidgeon in todays society as a sacrifice of our sins, Thank GOD!.

Were living in the period of grace.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why do you equate satan with paganism? They don't even believe in satan, let alone worship satan....

This is the brainwashing technique used, TKDRL. It is virtually pounded into the heads of the children that anyone not a Christian must be a Satan worshiper. How do I know this? Because it was pounded into my own head at one time. Along with other "facts" too, such as:
Jesus wrote the New Testament just as it is.
God is three males, there are no female deities in heaven.
Anything called a Goddess is a Harlot, and the Whore of Babylon.
Jesus died for my sins, but I have to ask every day of my life for forgiveness of them anyway.
I am not to, in any way, question God, Jesus, or the Bible.
Sex is a sin, and only married people can do it without going to Hell.
Masturbation is also a sin, you are damned straight to Hell for that one.

These are but a few, and I didn't make anything up, either. I was forced to attend a Church of God church until such a time I had too many questions, and became too hard to control.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

1)Christmas,Easter,Good Friday are Christian holidays not Pagan. 2) No, those were the Jews( Gods chosen people) who ate unclean food. Not Christians 3)What commandments are you talking about? Here, this is what Jesus said:

I'm happy that you think that, but I am afraid history does not agree with you. Easter is based on a holiday for the Goddess Easter, a fertility Goddess. Christmas is based on Yule, a very ancient holiday celebrating a successful harvest. And pray tell me how you know what Jesus, or anyone else back then actually said? Were you there?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ammocase

Actually, christmas and easter have pagan roots dating far back to before jesus. Everything from the basic idea of celeberation of that holiday, to the actual date, was already in use by "pagan" religions and cults.

Its all part of history, one group of people take customs and traditions from others, same as their religious practices.
Heres a link explaining some of it.

Those holidays were adopted because the 'heathens' wouldn't fully accept Christianity. So these were added to 'make them feel welcome' and fool them into worshipping their Christian figures. African-Brazilian tribes, especially, just replaced their gods' names with the names of Christian figures to make the oppressors be quiet and leave them alone about their religion. They didn't stop believing what they believed, though... they just added another 'a.k.a' for their reference. And the Christians manipulated and changed their own religion to 'fit' the views of others to 'broaden the congregation' and 'save the heathens,' all the while degrading their own belief system.

I always find it amazing that those tribes knew so much more about the Universe and otherworldly than the Europeans did, though. Not because of surprise but because had people actually listened, they'd have been far closer to the truth than their over-translated Bibles could have ever put them.*

[*That's not a shot at the Bible in its original form. It's a shot at the purposely manipulated ones currently being mass-produced with hopes of confusing the world's cattle population and pushing the original Word into disrepute.
]
edit on 3/24/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Apparently the KJV we can buy cheap at regular stores are not original version. I checked and early copies are expensive, 300 dollars and up for better copies.

Originally posted by TheIsraelite777
The Illuminati are trying to completely do away with KJV because they know it's the purest translation of the Word of God. That's why they print all these new Bibles. Those new Bibles have satanic verses in them.

In light of what you said earlier about questioning things, I have to question this. I don't understand how that's the case if you can get a 1537 facsimile version (with the original printed letters) of direct Greek/Hebrew to English translation (as opposed to an English translation from the largely manipulated Latin Vulgate version like certain older copies did) for 45 dollars.

Sure that's more than it costs to get a Bible from a hotel, obviously, but how is the KJV the purest translation? It was changed at the order of a European king... doesn't that more than just discredit its validity?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ammocase
Some point to constantine as a figure who changed the bible. Though some say this wasnt true, some point to other civilizations anyway (carthage, many years after constantine's death), either way a group did pick and choose and edit the bible as we see it now. Thats obvious, since there are MORE books to the collection that someone somewhere decided to not add to the bible studies. Some of these books even predate the new testament, some came after.

Since you know this, what are they? (I'm not being argumentative when I ask that. I'm seriously interested in the names of some of them. They sound like eye-opening reading, tbh).
edit on 3/24/2011 by Debunker75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Debunker75

They are quite interesting. I believe one has a tale of a dragon:

Evidence of King James Bibles containing Apocrypha:
www.thelostbooks.com...

An index with full texts in various translations of the Apocrypha:
www.earlychristianwritings.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by Debunker75

They are quite interesting. I believe one has a tale of a dragon:

Evidence of King James Bibles containing Apocrypha:
www.thelostbooks.com...

An index with full texts in various translations of the Apocrypha:
www.earlychristianwritings.com...

If the Apocrypha deserve to be included in the Canon, how about the Book of Jasher? It is referred to twice in the OT, in Joshua 10:13 and II Samuel 1:18. It's well worth a read.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I second the notion

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

I agree with u,
I have problems like his too before

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
well I didnt read every post so if i repeat something,i apologize in advance.That being said, in the original post you questioned why the bible said in OUR image,I am a believer in the ancient astronaunt theory, I believe we were geneticlly engineered in the likeness of the visiting aliens,the anunnaki,that the summarians spoke of,a lot of what is said in the hebrew bible can be traced back to those ancient writings. Dr. Sitchin who did extensive research in this field is a treasure trove of facinating information. Also modern science has recently proven that alot of what the summarian had known is fact like how many planets in the solar system,there color,there moons,ect, stuff that has been rediscovered in modern history. I think the bible is a reworking of much more ancient text and stories, that have been passed down through long forgotten ages of man. just my humble opinion

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Theophorus

1)Christmas,Easter,Good Friday are Christian holidays not Pagan. 2) No, those were the Jews( Gods chosen people) who ate unclean food. Not Christians 3)What commandments are you talking about? Here, this is what Jesus said:

I'm happy that you think that, but I am afraid history does not agree with you. Easter is based on a holiday for the Goddess Easter, a fertility Goddess. Christmas is based on Yule, a very ancient holiday celebrating a successful harvest. And pray tell me how you know what Jesus, or anyone else back then actually said? Were you there?

Christians commemorate the birth of Jesus and call it Christmas.Do Pagans observe this day as Christs birth?
Christian celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and call it Easter. Again, do pagans observe this ?
The smartest thing that the church could have done was to snuff out pagan worship by placing these holidays in place of pagan ones.
Actually ,I was not there. However, the people who were, preserved Jesus' words and put them all together in a fancy little book most collage gads cant even comprehend, and called it the New testament.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

Apparently the KJV we can buy cheap at regular stores are not original version. I checked and early copies are expensive, 300 dollars and up for better copies.

The Illuminati are trying to completely do away with KJV because they know it's the purest translation of the Word of God. That's why they print all these new Bibles. Those new Bibles have satanic verses in them.

I hear that. I dont like the newer versions of bible. They purport to make it easier to understand in current lexicon, but I think it takes away from the authenticity.

Good. You are in good standing, my friend.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Jesus said if you want to enter into eternal life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS. Christians can't even keep the sabbath day. The sabbath day is the 7th day of the week, not the 1st day of the week. The sabbath is Saturday, not Sunday. It was changed in 334 AD by Constantine because of the pagans who were worshiping the sun. Sunday = Sun worship.

Excellent point i use that fact to trap christians that believe they follow the Ten to the tea. As i've said before this isn't an easy practice. Other the other hand you also have to realize Jesus didn't tell you to keep the 10 commandments, but only the two...Love God, love they neighbour as you love yourself...

Thank you for posting that though

Those 2 great commandments are the 10 commandments summed up. You can't get around these commandments. You love God by keeping the first 4 commandments, you love your neighbor by keeping the last 6 commandments.

Romans 13:9 (King James Version)

9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Jesus taught to keep the commandments.

Matthew 19:16-19 (King James Version)

16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Love it keeping the commandments. That's true love.

1 John 5:2-4 (King James Version)

2By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex

Those new Bibles have satanic verses in them.

So I am not one for personal attacks...but...Prove it.

Ok, take this verse for example.

Isaiah 14:12 (King James Version)

12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

We clearly see this verse is talking about Lucifer, or Satan the devil. Let's see what other translation's say.

Isaiah 14:12 (New International Version, ©2011)

12 How you have fallen from heaven,
morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!

In this verse they call him the "morning star". Now if you have read the whole Bible, especially the book of Revelations, you would know who the morning star really is. What you are about to read will shock you.

Revelation 22:16 (King James Version)

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the bright and morning star, not Lucifer. That is blasphemy. That is an ABOMINATION. Why did they need to change Lucifer's name? Why didn't they just leave it the way it was? If a newcomer reads one of those new bibles, they will think it's talking about Jesus in Isaiah 14:12. This is not the only problem with the new Bibles, their is many more Satanic verses, I've just posted this one as an example to show you what's really going on.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why do you equate satan with paganism? They don't even believe in satan, let alone worship satan....

All paganism leads back to Satan. If you knew the Bible, you would know this. Satan has set up so many false idols that people think they are worshiping God, when they are actually worshiping Satan. Sunday is Satan's day of worship. Christmas, Easter, Good friday, Halloween, those are Satan's holidays. All 4 of those holidays are as pagan as the druids. As a matter of fact, the druids are mad because the Christians stole some of their paganism. But you don't read any of that on the news cause they don't want people to know the truth. They want everyone to keeping buy all that stuff for Christmas, and Easter. Those are the biggest selling holidays in the world. Merchants would get mad if people stopped buying stuff for those holidays. They've become rich off of wickedness. Like I said before, this has been thousands of years into the making.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

If that's the case, then how can you know if you are actually worshiping God? What if Satan wrote the Bible to deviate people from the true path, writing about himself making other religions so that you never suspect that you are actually on the path straight to Hell?

You see, I feel like many Christians give way too much power to Satan. He has the power to make EVERY other religion, deviate just about anyone from God, and can basically do whatever he wants within the realm that God supposedly created for humans to live in.

If we just admitted that Satan didn't exist and that God accepts all those who are righteous, we may begin to move in the right direction.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join