It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

It isn't history. They wrote that Joshua conquered Canaan in the Book of Joshua. Any historian will tell you that the Israelites did not even come close to conquering Canaan. It is STORYTELLING plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Again,

Why would you interpret all the extremely similar stories of the bible to be works of fiction/ imaginations on paper?

I am not religious at all. I don't believe in 'God' in the church sense ( supernatural being in the sky watching me, making magic happen, etc)

I am an Ancient Alien theorist, or whatever is the term for us ....

It seems that some (especially atheists) are not able to fathom the thought of intelligent beings from other worlds (planets). Can't understand that they themselves are not part of the highest evolved civilization in the universe....

No one can be 'above' them.

As an 'atheist' myself, I cannot discredit all of the recorded history of ancient humans from different parts of the world- with the SAME accounts

Our God race/creator race did not create the universe....they just created us...They are OUR history.

Just like any other group of scientists.....we in OUR modern time are not the 1st to come up with technology, scientists, or astronauts...we are not even on the most evolved planet, nor do we evolve around the most evolved star...

So why is this theory soooo far-fetched?

edit on 21-3-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'll just agree to disagree with you on this one. You're correct about elohim not always referring specifically to trinity, or god for that matter, but are branching into an area of divine feminine/duality, etc., that I don't worry about trying that hard to dredge out of the texts.

Be well and have a great night.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

It isn't history. They wrote that Joshua conquered Canaan in the Book of Joshua. Any historian will tell you that the Israelites did not even come close to conquering Canaan. It is STORYTELLING plain and simple.

Story-telling.....

So WHOSE story are they telling?

If everyone on the planet had their own imaginations, how is it that one imagination got chosen to be the final recorded history, amongst all the imaginations?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Story-telling.....

So WHOSE story are they telling?

If everyone on the planet had their own imaginations, how is it that one imagination got chosen to be the final recorded history, amongst all the imaginations?

"King James Bible
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

... how hard is that to fathom? There is no Trinity in this. Again, I believe in the Trinity, but not in this meaning of Elohim.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't believe in a 'trinity' either....

So what are you replying about( not meant to be rude)

Plural gods are multiple gods...plain and simple

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

"King James Bible
So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

... how hard is that to fathom? There is no Trinity in this. Again, I believe in the Trinity, but not in this meaning of Elohim.

Okay, first, the King James Bible is not the Bible we should look to for historical critical analysis. Perhaps the Bible is theologically appropriate but we're not discussing theology so much as we're discussing history in this discussion.

Second, the word "Elohim" is not used everywhere in the Old Testament in the Hebrew. Elohim is used sometimes, Yahweh is used others, and other names are used other times. So, what the point is is that when the Bible refers to God as being multiple, or when the verb tenses say things like "Let us create man in our image" and such, it is because whoever wrote that particular piece of the Bible conceived of God as "Elohim". Different Israelites wrote different parts.

Third, even if the part that you described had nothing to do with Elohim, you are reading an English version. Elohim is Hebrew, and the people who translate the Bible into any versions make their own choices about what is the best way to interpret something. Originally, that sentence could have referred to multiple Gods, but the translator said, "Nah, better just translate it as God instead of gods."

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So, did George Washington really cut down a cherry tree?

No, this is important. It is an American story that we tell about ourselves but that simply didn't happen.

Did Abraham Lincoln ever lie? Was Abraham Lincoln a racist?

Do you see what I am saying? People write awesome things about themselves that didn't really happen. Who is to say the Israelites did not pass on an oral tradition that didn't really happen...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

As for everyone recording the same story:

How do you know that there isn't one divine power that manifests in people's lives in different ways? It doesn't mean they are aliens, how do you know it isn't just that God = gods = spiritual forces = everything divine we conceive of?

I am just trying to say that your one theory is just a theory and that we can't believe everything we read. In fact, we can believe very little of what we read.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by ChaosComplex

Every other religion, Or story or creation of of Gods other than the holy bible, Is a lie, And if you choose to believe that lie, well then your being part of the grand deception, Satan planned as soon as he fell to earth from heaven, We should be wise because the Devil is wiser than any other creature of the earth, He was gods right hand before he tried to take over gods throne, In the battle in heaven written in revelation when lucifer(light bearer) and his angels fought against GOD and the hosts of heaven,

Why would you say that other religions are a lie? What makes you think that YOUR religion is truth? Who told you that? Did your 'god' give you a divine message and show you the way PERSONALY ?

How can you believe such nonsense when the VATICAN holds chambers and chambers of SECRET files. What secrets could they possibly be?? Have you ever asked yourself that question ??
vatican secrets

AND not to mention millions of compensation paid out to the children who were abused by the catholic priests.....
Wiki

such an amazing religion !!

First of all a catholic is not a christian
Second They dont believe in who jesus really was or go around doing what he did.

The vatican are a hypocrisy, And they are not christ believers, They believe in doctrines of One faith, Mankind, Piecing together another tower of babel with society,It is based of the fundementals of the deepest Masonary.

Thirdly, Jesus Said
" i am the way, the truth and the Life, There is no other way to the father than through me"
i dont need to explain the bible, it explains its self, And the more your open your heart to its revelations, The more you will see Gods awesome plan, And his true personality.

Hes not a pulsating ball of energy that resides are the centre of the universe, Hes not the life force that drives all existance, He is a man, And his name is jesus.

If you read the bible you would understand these things, you would see why the bible is true

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Elohim is mostly translated to mean 'counsel', as in a high-ranking group.

A counsel of leader-gods

Like the U.N. (in a way)

the 'gods' were crew members

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
May i remind you people That your posting the same crap we posted on the first page, Go back, Take some time to read, And realize we have covered these things for the first 16 pages...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Elohim is mostly translated to mean 'counsel', as in a high-ranking group.

A counsel of leader-gods

Like the U.N. (in a way)

the 'gods' were crew members

Buttercookie. There is only one God, But the trinity. And the hosts of heaven(angels) at the time "God said Let us make man in our own image"
If you can imagine the council of angels and arch angels and cherubim around the throne, as well as the trinity, Yeah in retrospect it would have sounded like this!

There are heavenly beings, Angels, So it was plural when he spoke to them

edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

As for everyone recording the same story:

How do you know that there isn't one divine power that manifests in people's lives in different ways? It doesn't mean they are aliens, how do you know it isn't just that God = gods = spiritual forces = everything divine we conceive of?

I am just trying to say that your one theory is just a theory and that we can't believe everything we read. In fact, we can believe very little of what we read.

Well I understand it is a theory...

Thats all any one of us will ever have, a theory, unless we are able to time-travel back.

The church has a theory (a magical one)

Ancient Aliens (a theory

Evolution.....( not a good theory:lol

I was being funny so pardon me....

BUT

When we argue (friendly) the different theories, we are just trying to logically put the pieces together to see which theory is more plausible...

Truce?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
May i remind you what Theo Means

"God"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yes lol Truce.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWokeUp

Every other religion, Or story or creation of of Gods other than the holy bible, Is a lie, And if you choose to believe that lie, well then your being part of the grand deception, Satan planned as soon as he fell to earth from heaven, We should be wise because the Devil is wiser than any other creature of the earth, He was gods right hand before he tried to take over gods throne, In the battle in heaven written in revelation when lucifer(light bearer) and his angels fought against GOD and the hosts of heaven,

Why would you say that other religions are a lie? What makes you think that YOUR religion is truth? Who told you that? Did your 'god' give you a divine message and show you the way PERSONALY ?

How can you believe such nonsense when the VATICAN holds chambers and chambers of SECRET files. What secrets could they possibly be?? Have you ever asked yourself that question ??
vatican secrets

AND not to mention millions of compensation paid out to the children who were abused by the catholic priests.....
Wiki

such an amazing religion !!

First of all a catholic is not a christian
Second They dont believe in who jesus really was or go around doing what he did.

The vatican are a hypocrisy, And they are not christ believers, They believe in doctrines of One faith, Mankind, Piecing together another tower of babel with society,It is based of the fundementals of the deepest Masonary.

Thirdly, Jesus Said
" i am the way, the truth and the Life, There is no other way to the father than through me"
i dont need to explain the bible, it explains its self, And the more your open your heart to its revelations, The more you will see Gods awesome plan, And his true personality.

Hes not a pulsating ball of energy that resides are the centre of the universe, Hes not the life force that drives all existance, He is a man, And his name is jesus.

If you read the bible you would understand these things, you would see why the bible is true

You do realize that, by accepting the bible as it is, you are submitting to Catholic authority, right? They are the ones who decided which books you are reading in the bible. If you discount their validity then how could you at the same time be so positive that the books included in your version of the bible are the correct ones and not some of the ones they decided not to put in?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
the catholics never maintained the bible, King james refined it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Questions:
1. Why did you use the King James Version? Is it the only one you have? Did you know it is also known as "The Authorized Version", because it was authorized by the Government? [Sorry, since this is a conspiracy site, I couldn't resist making this point.]

2. Did you know other translations make it clearer that the "his" in "after his kind" is referring to the creatures, not the Creator, just like even verse 25 that you omitted in your original post?

"God" in these verses is "Elohim" in Hebrew, which is a plural noun. This is also consistent with the Christian concept of "the Trinity" (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being one God with 3 different personalities). It is also consistent with the "royal we" where Kings and Queens refer to themselves with plural pronouns.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

the catholics never maintained the bible, King james refined it.

This is simply not true. The Council of Carthage canonized the current scripture picks in 397 AD. King James simply decided to retranslate to better Anglicize it.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join