It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

No one has ever proven their claims about religion, ever. If they had there would be only one.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh man, where do I begin?
Maybe it's that if God created only Adam & Eve, then we're all a product of incest. If there was a talking snake, then God had schizophrenia. And if he created Earth, it wasn't 4000 years ago---> **carbon-dating!!!**
Maybe it's because there are numerous stories- with strikingly similar ''facts''- that outdated Jesus (let alone the man-written Bible) by thousands of years. Dionysus-Osiris anyone?
Maybe it's because people who were apparently the ''highest of God's holymen'' decided for the Crusades we should slaughter millions in the name of the Lord, and label them as barbarians.
Maybe it's because our all-powerful ''Father'' has been ever so absent in the last 2000 years, especially since we developed brain-scan technology and psychiactric analyzations.
Has God proved he's real? NO. Why? a test of faith? Religion is a bloody test of my faith.

Personally, I don't believe in God because... I grew up in a very religious school. I was part of it for most of my years there, even agreed with it, but eventually i saw some sort of facade. Too many holes in the ''stories''. And through the difficult points in my life, when i asked for guidance/comfort/a sign of existence.... I got NOTHING.
I don't make fun of people for being religious, I make fun of stuff that sounds ridiculous. I simply look at what's layed infront of me, and judge accordingly.
Are we God's chosen people, the single planet carrying life in the whooole Universe, focused on by God? HELL NO.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne

As for god making man in OUR image, It refers to the Holy trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God The holy spirit, He made us in the image of him, He put his spirit in US, and the father lives inside us, Cause we are his spirit.

Jesus said " the *kingdom of God* is inside you etc......not " God is inside you'.

a little something worth noting.

Actually we are now new creations in christ, When he died on the cross, Mankinds spirit was quickened and restored, Christ now lives within us, We are not GOD, but his spirit anew abides in us.

Im not stupid bro, Im a spirit filled evangelist mate

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
before i forget i would like to add

I am so awe inspired at how everyone when trying to explain a kinda iffy and there is a heck of alot of them part in the bible they always start with "Yeah I can read I know what it says, but what they mean is....." or "Well what their trying to say is...." taking the chapter anything everything they can twisting it up to meet there own twisted version of it than trying to cram it down your throat.

I am serious as a heart attack if you really want to understand the truth in the bible you must first empty your cup so to speak...forget everything you have been taught about it and what you think you know and read it again with a completely open mind. I promise you will come away with 2 things definately

1 It all makes perfect sense
2 Some people are gonna have some major explaining to do when they do have a official coming to Jesus for there is no worse fate than those who knew, lied about it, and grieved the holy spirit by dragging other weak minded with them.

In order to believe the official stories of the bible yes I agree one must dismiss so much that that must not sleep well having to lie to convince themselves that this meant that. But that doesnt actually make the bible false just the official story must be.

This is how I feel dealing with some religious types its like this try to follow what I am trying to say here

me the student doing basic algebra
teacher says can you solve n+2=8
I say sure its 6
teacher says no try again
I redo my calculation and say it must be 6
teacher says I am wrong and goes into this horribly long explanation of how and why it isnt six and how the roman numeral 6 stands for gay couples and how the plus sign was gods way of balancing everything and how 2 represents the heaven and earth where the equal sign equates to a big bang theory and 8 is how many pizzas she ate this morning and we put them all together and the anwers is 4
90% of the class looks at me and goes yea you idiot its 4 duh
meanwhile me and the other smart girl in the class keep our mouths shut about how stupid everyone else for fear of being sent to Guantanmo for being a subversive terrorist

WTF....yeah me too!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here is the main issues I see with religions today and that have always existed, people try to find differences in their religions, instead of finding similarities that connect their faiths.

I am not talking about the similarities in the writings, because texts, words and verse can be mis-understood, even by people of the same faith, let alone cultural, and language barriers.

Common things we all share is Love, Tolerance, and Compassion, well at least for most people. Time to start seeing what we all have in common, instead of trying to divide.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosComplex
****Let me start this by saying I am here to ask questions and learn. I have no intentions of bashing anyone for their beliefs, as I accept all ideas for thought.****

So I decided to start to read the Bible, and already in the first few minutes of reading I have a huge issue.

"1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

"after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...

"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

What? Let US make? In OUR image? After OUR likeness? What the... How can no one have an issue with this?

edit on 3/20/2011 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

Lucky for you, l'm not a Christian. I'm a Jew. A REAL JEW. Not those impostors in the middle east. First off,

John 1:1 (King James Version)
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word was Jesus. Jesus was the God of the old testament. Jesus was the one who led the Israelites through the wilderness for 40 years. How do I know this? Keep reading.

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 (King James Version)

1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Not only that, but it says nobody has ever dealt with the Father. You have Jesus, and you have the Almighty God the Father. The Father has given all judgment over to the Son.

John 6:46 (King James Version)

46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Only Jesus has seen the Father. And only Jesus has went to heaven. If need me to prove that Jesus is the only one that has ever went to heaven.. just ask.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

****Let me start this by saying I am here to ask questions and learn. I have no intentions of bashing anyone for their beliefs, as I accept all ideas for thought.****

So I decided to start to read the Bible, and already in the first few minutes of reading I have a huge issue.

"1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

"after his kind" makes me think that these creatures were based on creatures that existed somewhere else...

"1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

What? Let US make? In OUR image? After OUR likeness? What the... How can no one have an issue with this?

"After his kind" means a dog doesn't give replicate a turtle, fish don't give birth to birds, a snake doesn't birth an elephant, a cow reproduces cows, birds replicate birds, and so on.

Yes, we are created in GOD's image. Whether that be physical or spiritual, we shall see.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Here is the main issues I see with religions today and that have always existed, people try to find differences in their religions, instead of finding similarities that connect their faiths.

I am not talking about the similarities in the writings, because texts, words and verse can be mis-understood, even by people of the same faith, let alone cultural, and language barriers.

Common things we all share is Love, Tolerance, and Compassion, well at least for most people. Time to start seeing what we all have in common, instead of trying to divide.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Well, if you knew Jesus, he didn't come to send peace, but a sword. He came to divide the world. He said so himself. He came to divide the saints from the wicked. If you live godly, you will not be liked. That is fact. Your own household won't even like you. If you love your family more than Jesus, you are not worthy of him. You have to forsake all to follow Jesus.

Matthew 10:34-37 (King James Version)

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jonathannas0187

You are talking about the Bible in which it is stated that God has not given everyone the ability to understand, having eyes, but not seeing, etc, etc, etc. I have noticed myself that some people have the ability to see what they are looking at, and others do not. We are not all equal, and that is why you say what you say, and some people [I'm talking about ATS, now] just don't "get it." Too late, they will...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
All that can be said, Is read the bible for your self.

Its more than just stories of boats, and floods, Or adultry, Or sand people walking around making things up.

Gods word is a prefacture of Jesus, The whole word is Jesus!!

John 1:1...

The whole reason of the OT, is explaining the line and history of the son of man, The NT reveals The truth hidden wisdom in the OT, Jesus taught the OT, every scripture was OT, why, because he was the word.
The OT conceals Christ, the NT reveals Christ.

Im not studying the bible for nothing. But to you who cant fathom its rich and awesome knowledge, And the history of mankind, Well then all i can say is that you wont find any other truth or light, And peace of mind, Or revelation to your existance other than the word of God, and Christ Jesus.
Remember what jesus said to the samaritian woman at the well?
That if we drink of christs water we should never thirst again, Why because he is the only way, He is the truth!

Its not our choice to make you believe, but yours alone, God makes this perfectly clear, We are not robots, But living breathing human beings. God made angels to worship him, To serve him and give him the glory.

God made man to WANT to worship God, and give him the glory for he is our abbah daddy, Father in heaven.

he could have spoke man into creation.

God has been getting his hands dirty For man ever since the garden READ.

Genesis 2v 6-7

But a mist went up form the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.
And the LORD GOD, FORMED man from the dust of the ground (with his hands got his hands muddy) And breathed into his Nostrils the Breath of life, and MAN became a living being.

God made us with his hands!!!!!!, He could have easily spoke and say let there be man, And there would be man, But he made man a little lower than the angels, And crowned him with glory and honour.
We are gods greatest creation and he has been getting his hands dirty for us ALL of history, Even to this very day.
edit on 21/02/2011 by InnerstellarOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

God, in Christian terms is triune. Three persons in one. This does not disagree with that.

Thank you for that. I was not aware that Christians viewed God this way.

Why is it that everyone gets so defensive when I ask about these things? I believe that there is no reason to live if you don't question things. There is a reason for human curiosity. I'm not saying things like "you're out of your mind if you believe this book". I'm asking for clarification of straightforward issues I am having with the text, that is all.

and that's what you DO NOT understand...there IS NO questioning god's word. that's why nobody should ask any questions, or for that matter question anyones faith in god. because there is no right, or reasonable, or logical answer, that is simply how it works..... however, IF that belief interferes with your own personal life in any way, then it must be challanged vigorously and intensely. and that challange, the believers DO NOT understand...hence, the problem.

I don't see it as questioning God's word. I see it as questioning a MAN's interpretation of what could possibly be communications with a superior being, or group of beings.
edit on 3/21/2011 by ChaosComplex because: duh

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

and that's what you DO NOT understand...there IS NO questioning god's word. that's why nobody should ask any questions

Whoever said this....

This would be true if your bible was Gods word...

And...

IF no one asked questions would we all not be just blindly following the masses?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All i can say is that Gods creation declares the work of his glory!
From the birds of the air, to the dust on the ground, From the stars in the sky, To the fish in the sea.....

I believe that people continue to resist the truth of GOD and his word, Because they are afraid.

Afraid that they know GOD is true and the bible is his holy word.
They are afraid to admit defeat and submit themselves to a god they have been resisting over and over,

He loves you, And he just wants you to know who he is and that he loves you deeper than anything he has created.

The humble with be exalted, And the exalted will be humbled.

God is awesome
, Jesus is Beautiful, And his holy spirit and refeshing

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Good topic for discussion. For me, it can be a confusing subject at times. My father was a Baptist preacher for 64 yrs, since the day I could go outside I was in church Sun morn, Sun night, Wednesday night, Bible school in the summer etc.....until I was 15, at that point I had enough church to last a lifetime.
My thoughts are this and by no means I know as fact, just opinion and observation; The scriptures were written by philosophers, prophets and the elitist of the day to bring about control of an out of control society. I feel the scriptures were an attempt to establish a set of absolute morals and ethics to live and be governed by, which IMO already existed to certain degrees, although maybe not written.
There are many versions of the Bible/Scriptures, etc. Pending denomination and religion the writings all vary, interpretations and emphasis of context are focused differently thru out all denominations and sect. This is where things start getting shady for me. These writings were obviously written by intelligent people but when they say that God spoke thru them and what they wrote is an absolute hmmmm IDK. Was it just there interpretation of what they thought God was? The mere definition of God was very loosely used back in the day.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

There would be no reason to do this. There are plenty of ways to excercise and realize control without the events that took place. So why go to the effort to write the scripture preventing people from giving into the flesh and undoing their work, if the devil had already won the game because he either exists or dosent.

Thats because its a lie to say it didnt. Which is why demons have no real power but to control man.

Take my word for it, theres alot more to it then meets the eyes.

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Were not on God's time. What is 1,000 years to us is very different to the Lord. Were limited in our understanding of God's creation. This is why many people cannot grasp the concept of eternity because it doesn't fit into their little box of thinking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

As you say the bible was written by god through man. An all knowing god would know that man can grasp the concept of 1000 years or however long it took him to make the universe. Plus if a god couldnt create the universe in 6 days then he isnt quite an all powerful god now is he?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
skip ahead and read about jesus man, the rest of the book matters very little...

Why exactly are you skipping all of the bible up to jesus? jesus and your god are the same person according to you so why was jesusgod wrong about everything in the old testament?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by mtnshredder

There would be no reason to do this. There are plenty of ways to excercise and realize control without the events that took place. So why go to the effort to write the scripture preventing people from giving into the flesh and undoing their work, if the devil had already won the game because he either exists or dosent.

Thats because its a lie to say it didnt. Which is why demons have no real power but to control man.

Take my word for it, theres alot more to it then meets the eyes.

And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

How do you know there was no reason to implement the scriptures within society? What events took place you speak of? How do you know there is a Devil and that he had won already? What's more to it than meets the eye and why should I trust you and take your word, who are you?
edit on 21-3-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

Originally posted by Akragon
skip ahead and read about jesus man, the rest of the book matters very little...

Why exactly are you skipping all of the bible up to jesus? jesus and your god are the same person according to you so why was jesusgod wrong about everything in the old testament?

Simply because most of the bible is a story or short stories which i would have rather just passed by... Mostly older lessons that have little to no meaning in this day and age... Once you understand Christs teachings you can see the useless information in the bible and take it for what it is... So to answer your question, like i said before the only man whos words matter in the bible is Christs...

And I didn't say Jesus and God are the same person...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
reply to post by chr0naut

Your right, The sons of god (angels) are actualy physical spiritual beings, That on earth put thier seed into woman, And thats where you get your myths in other religions, or even greek mythology, The nephlilim, Say for example, They believe zues, or apollyon could have children here on earth, And everyone knows who satan is in greek mythology, So these men of old, and reknown, Were actually giants, goliath, Hercules, ect, mighty men with amazing supernatural powers, who dabled in witchcraft, This is the line that satan tried to use to destroy the line for jesus, By corrupting the line of God, But king david slayed all the nephilim that were left, But they say that the nephlilim have returned this day in age, and are living among us, (the parable of the wheat and tares), As jesus told

So let me get this straight, all of the other gods back then that got human chicks pregnant back then were myths, fantasy, stories. your god on the other hand is real and did get a human girl pregnant. So you know what the the greek myths were called back then...religion. Same for Egyptian myths and also the same for the christianity myth.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join