It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida-March 2011!Wow! Eerie 20 Minute, Loud Rumbling Sound *Video*

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

That's right....I lived so close to the Belle Chase Naval Air Station, that when they had air shows, they went over my house...I mean LOW! So I know what different planes and fighter jets sound like....what I heard was not a plane or a jet....not even close.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That was very weird and creepy. I live in kentucky and haven't heard anything.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by fockewulf190

Really - When you watch the video on page 1, you think ILS holding pattern? These are Americans who have been in and around airplanes, and airports mostly all of their lives. Stop undermining their intelligence please. ;-D

What needs to be done is elimination of all possibilities. I used to be an air traffic controller, so when it came up that this video was taken close to a municipal airport, the first thing that comes to mind was to examine the local airport traffic area, the approach/departure routes, and the runway directions. The video taker was startled by the unusual noise. It turns out that the ILS Runway 36 Approach has a holding pattern very near the video location.

Now, it is very rare for an aircraft which is flying an Instrument Landing System approach to have to enter into a holding pattern. The possible reasons something like this would happen is either there was no clearance to land received from the Local Controller forcing the pilot to abort and enter holding, the Local Controller instructed the incoming aircraft to hold because of other air or ground traffic, the pilot broke off the approach, or the FAA was flight-testing the approach themselves.

Flying in such a holding pattern, at such a low altitude, making 1 minute turns, would sound very unusual to the video taker who is used to hearing aircraft fly a much different way.
edit on 5-4-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Antoniastar

Well I just hope someone can find out what it is because it's driving me crazy not knowing! It's just so bizarre! Oh....thanks about my avatar...I change mine sometimes too so I guess it is a girl thing
I get tired of looking at the same thing after a while.
If I can record this thing I will post it right away....but so far I haven't heard it again

Me too!!! Mwahahah It's gonna give me the bonkers if I don't see what my ears are hearing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

Fair enough Sir... Process of elimination is the way to go here indeed, sorry if my reply came off a bit harsh (was written early before coffee. ;-P)

I too thought that aircraft actually being placed into holding is a rare occurance. Even then, I can imagine being able to audibly track an aircraft in a holding pattern (engines will be spooled up higher than normal to compensate for flap setting/lower airspeed etc, but even then, it's audio signature should still be fairly trackable.

Anyway, back on topic. After some google searching, I found a few news articles that appeared to be related to this event, though some of them were somewhat vague, with titles such as "Fighter Jet Training Could Create Some Extra Noise" Umm... ok, but have a look at the witness description:

Fighter jet training could create some extra noise

Extra noise huh? Ok.

Earthquake hits area north of Chesterfield

Or...

What was the loud rumbling over Washington Township and Pitman Saturday night?

And there are more. So, I think there is no doubt that it is something. But what, we don't know yet!

(first time posting news articles, hope it worked, and will double check to ensure I am not repeating links)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It did seem weird at first, but when she mentioned "Airport" it made sense. Some airports have air national guard units stationed there. And of course maintenance is done on what ever planes are there. Part of the maintenance is to "Run" engines on test stands, sometimes as long as a hour. I thought it sounded familiar. 3 or 4 miles is nothing as long as the wind is blowing from that direction. Also, if they are running the engine in afterburner it will carry further and vibrate everything.

Check and see if there is a Air National guard unit there with a engine shop, test stand. I wasn't there but that is where I would look first.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

disclOsur3, that sound was so scary. It sounded like high winds or a tornado, maybe some kind of jet engine -- except the trees in the video were not disturbed at all. That fact that there were flashes of light and the people could feel the ground shake -- are there military bases near Tallahassee? I know the panhandle has Tyndall & Eglin AF bases that have testing or proving grounds -- but they must be too far away for this incident.

Makes me think some kind of weapon is being tested out. Funny how the sound just suddenly stopped -- like someone was controlling whatever was making the sound. Weird.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Yep....when I heard it, the sound quit abruptly....like someone flipped switch! Then there was total silence...no birds singing....nothing.....you could hear a pin drop.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildEyedBoyFromFreecloud
That was quite frightening at the end when light flashed and the sound just ended and you hear rain.

Insane to say the least. Thanks for sharing.

Lightning travels at the speed of light, thunder at the speed of sound. When lightning strikes, thunder stops, then, depending on how many seconds pass to the next thunder clap, you can work out if the storm is moving away or not.................... Hell of a lot of thunder on this though.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Defititely not from nature. Any military bases in the area? Could be jet engine testing...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I live in Victoria, BC. I can assure you as of last few months I've woken up to very similar rumbling sound, mostly lasting 30 min-1hour. The sound I hear sounds a lot like the video OP has posted, but not as loud. I don't feel any vibration... not sure what's going now, but this I never heard before in my entire life. I woke up my gf and she also herd it, so I went to ATS to post about it, then I came across this thread... so it's not just me hearing this!

honest truth, for a while there I kept thinking it's some sort of cloaked UFO hover over my house (i live in the woods, so very quiet here) but then couldn't see anything. Next time I'm gonna go outside the house and tape the sound. Will post next time I hear it. By the way I hear it around 3am PCT. Few nights now over last few months.
edit on 10-4-2011 by freighttrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

And the flash, followed by the silence is strange!

Almost like something jumping into hyperspace... eh???

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LandonFromKY

I live in Northern Indiana. Today is April 13, 2011. For the last two nights and early morning I have heard the loud low rumbling noise. I keep thinking it is thunder, but it isn't. I checked with the weatherman.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Very strange indeed. Unfortunately i don´t have a clue too because there are no similar reports in germany. Honestly my first thought when i read the posts was it´s some kind of weapon who needs a very long time to charge first before firing.

I like the idea of a cloaked UFO but what´s the point of invisibility if you´re makng such a loud noise?

Any new developments?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think it's been suggested before but I used to live about 10 miles from Pratt&Whitney in West Palm Beach, FL when the wind was right and they were bench testing an engine it could sound like that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There are so many airports in Florida, and so many storms, that either solution seems plausible. Heck, here in the Tampa Bay area, there are at least 5 airports all with a half hour drive (with traffic)...and I've heard some strange thunder during storms too.

People not in Florida just don't know. It can literally be raining on one side of the street, and sunny on the other, I've actually seen this happen, and you can go into the rain, come out, go back in, etc. Tis a freaky weather state we live in here.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Spacequakes Rumble Near Earth

I believe the sound everyone heard is called a "Spacequake" [as NASA writes it]. Check this article from NASA. Could be from space but it could probably be caused by HAARP. Anything effecting the Earth's magnetic field would seem to cause this phenomenon.

July 27, 2010: Researchers using NASA's fleet of five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a form of space weather that packs the punch of an earthquake and plays a key role in sparking bright Northern Lights. They call it "the spacequake."

A spacequake is a temblor in Earth's magnetic field. It is felt most strongly in Earth orbit, but is not exclusive to space. The effects can reach all the way down to the surface of Earth itself. "Magnetic reverberations have been detected at ground stations all around the globe, much like seismic detectors measure a large earthquake," says THEMIS principal investigator Vassilis Angelopoulos of UCLA.

science.nasa.gov - Spacequakes Rumble Near Earth

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Delete
edit on 15-4-2011 by wasco2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
some last minute D.U.M.B. tunnel drilling hmmm???

that's what I think alot of these rumblings are...

-

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Cool thanks

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join