It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO radiation in USA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted, if it has, MODS please move appropriately.

"WASHINGTON – The United States Government has an extensive network of radiation monitors around the country and no radiation levels of concern have been detected. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency RadNet system is designed to protect the public by notifying scientists, in near real time, of elevated levels of radiation so they can determine whether protective action is required. The EPA’s system has not detected any radiation levels of concern."

blog.energy.gov...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Some good news for a change!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
To get the other side, check this thread out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That information was already discussed a couple times here, I am just not sure where at...

Anyhow, that article was put out on the EPA website on the 18th of March. The current conditions seem to be a bit different since then.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

No, it still stands - there's still NO radiation in the USA!
Woo! It was ludicrous to think that serious amounts of radiation would cross the Pacific anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

sure, but the current hysteria gripping [some] US nationals regarding the drift of radioactive material across the Pacific is nothing short of ludicrous.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
reply to post by Jomina

Woo! It was ludicrous to think that serious amounts of radiation would cross the Pacific anyway.

Why??????

The UK is still suffering from Chernobyl and the distance was nearly as great. Radiation from Japan will make it to the UK but at much lower levels than the USA and Canada will get.

Radiation from the stricken Japanese nuclear power plant is already being detected hundreds of miles away and is expected to reach Britain within a fortnight, experts predict. But unlike Chernobyl it is highly unlikely to arrive at levels that will have any impact on health or food supplies.

Japan nuclear plant: radiation to reach Britain 'within a fortnight'

I can even show you the news reports from the UK in 86/87 where they say the radiation will have little or no effect.

Again.....REALLY??????

More than a third of Britain is still contaminated by radioactivity from the Chernobyl disaster two decades ago, and children are getting cancer as a result, an Independent on Sunday investigation has established.

Official measurements - published in a report launched in London yesterday - show that at least 34 per cent of the country will remain radioactive for centuries as the result of the accident, which took place 20 years ago on Wednesday.

Chernobyl 'still causing cancer in British children

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The above post is not applicable to today's current incident in Japan. It was a different reactor and different circumstances. There is no point comparing the two.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The above post is not applicable to today's current incident in Japan. It was a different reactor and different circumstances. There is no point comparing the two.

You can take that view if you like but I like to learn from history and only a fool would believe the government when its pretty well established they lied their butts off 20 years ago and are still lying today.

Go ahead and trust the government, they know what their talking about.

LONDON, UK, June 7, 2000 (ENS) -- Effects of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear accident on the United Kingdom will last 100 times longer than originally estimated, according to new research.

Chernobyl Radiation Will Affect UK

Thats no small mistake but go ahead and trust the government.
edit on 20-3-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

The UK is still suffering from Chernobyl and the distance was nearly as great.

That's totally incorrect, rubbish even. Please supply an authenticated source.

More than a third of Britain is still contaminated by radioactivity from the Chernobyl disaster two decades ago, and children are getting cancer as a result, an Independent on Sunday investigation has established.

Official measurements - published in a report launched in London yesterday - show that at least 34 per cent of the country will remain radioactive for centuries as the result of the accident, which took place 20 years ago on Wednesday.

Chernobyl 'still causing cancer in British children

Absolute rubbish!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

I find it amusing that some people like to stir up fear, when there's nothing to fear.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Here's another source for you then.

The Chernobyl nuclear disaster may have caused the deaths of 1000 children across England and Wales, as rain from contaminated clouds fell on parts of England and Wales, new research suggests.

Twenty years after the disaster, epidemiologist John Urquhart told the Nuclear Free Local Authorities conference in London on Thursday that he had found an "almost perfect correlation" between areas where rain from radioactive clouds fell, and an 11% increase in infant deaths.

Chernobyl linked to British children's deaths

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No offense but to suggest that the ocean magically eats up all the radiation or something is really pushing your luck.

I honestly believe you, the govt, and the media are lying your rears off about this.
I can't get any straight answers or facts about anything at this point. The media won't give any updates worth anything.

You don't know anything about Fukushima either and what is going on there really.

I just find it extremely distasteful that you would push such illogical absurdities on people who are currently being exposed to this crap right now this very minute.

Common sense and basic cursory examination of history and nuclear accidents flies directly in the face of these fantasies, and paints a totally different picture.

What is MOX fuel? What is cesium137 ? How are these not dangerous?
Do you not believe in wind?
Do you think the ocean magically scrubbed all this stuff or cleaned it out of the air? How is that possible?
How much fuel was in Chernobyl ? How much fuel is in the 4 Fukushima reactors?
What MECHANISM makes Chernobyl so much worse? EXPLAIN EXACTLY AND IN DETAIL PLZ.

You can't answer any of this to any satisfaction.

Your statements are a complete joke and common sense says you're making it up and you're in denial, or you are outright lying to us. I prefer to think you mean well, you just are so scared you would rather make up absurd fairy tales and try to change basic science on the fly , rather than face the fact you are being exposed to this crap.....

I have had to admit I was wrong on countless things in the past....I doubt I will see such clarifications from the govt, media, or from you.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by chocise

I find it amusing that some people like to stir up fear, when there's nothing to fear.

I'm not about fear but the truth.

I find it amusing people will believe the official story. Good little sheep.

Baaaaaaa

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I like the phrase in the OP......"of concern", does not say they have not detected it just that it is of no concern yet. Well I wonder if that will change if there is a complete meltdown?
I remember all the similar reports to us in the UK 20 years ago then it all altered later when they couldn't hide the damage and effects that were apparent.
Still atm it is of no concern,if you believe them, so lets hope it stays that way.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Typical response, "a sheep". Lets face it, there's no radiation - look on radiationnetwork.com - Dangerous levels of radiation? I think not!

The government will not lie to you on this one - too many people can check if they are lying. The real truth is, the government very rarely lies to it's citizens these days because they will be too easily caught out. We're living in great times at the minute.
edit on 20-3-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by chocise

This shows exactly how blindly ignorant you really are.

Telling someone to put on a seat belt is FEAR MONGERING ZOMG OH NOES!!!!!
How Dare you Fear Monger people by talking about car crashes and how seat belts are necessary!!

Dude can't you see? You are becoming the Lies Monger. Knowing about dangers such as Radioactive Pollution is not fear mongering, it's alerting yourself to take precautions to ensure their health.

You have no scientific basis to claim radiation will not reach the USA. ZERO BASIS IN SCIENCE.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy

I remember all the similar reports to us in the UK 20 years ago then it all altered later when they couldn't hide the damage and effects that were apparent.

When was that????

I assume you mean after Chernobly 25 years ago when 0.00 people suffered ill effecst from miniscule increases in radiation levels?

You're at more risk if you take a holiday in Cornwall!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well exccuuuUUUUuuzzzzAH me Mr Scientist! I seemed to miss the post where you detailed all the scientific findings of the dangerous levels of radiaiton heading towards the US! LOLIHAAROTFA (Laughing out loud in hysterics and also rolling on the floor also)

You should wear seat belts.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Typical response, "a sheep". Lets face it, there's no radiation - look on radiationnetwork.com - Dangerous levels of radiation? I think not!

The government will not lie to you on this one - too many people can check if they are lying. The real truth is, the government very rarely lies to it's citizens these days because they will be too easily caught out. We're living in great times at the minute.
edit on 20-3-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

So you admit that SOME RADIATION has reached the USA??

Although it's not "dangerous" by your skewed standards?

I mean come on dude, the FDA said that all of these silly pharma pills were safe, and now dozens of them not 10 years later have "black labels" and thousands are maimed for life or dead. The government's track record with the truth is dismal and embarrassing. I can't believe you just told me "the real truth is the govt rarely lies to it's citizens these days".

I cannot believe you said it! Blasphemy. Get out the tar and feathers people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join