It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya to give weapons to one million people: report

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Oil is abundant so any amount is good for them Plus Libya is a known supplier so they should have a huge amount worth taking

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I think you will find that the words may well have came out of Colin Powell's mouth, but the WMD's conspiracy was dreamt up by Cheney & Rumsfield.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
I think you will find that the words may well have came out of Colin Powell's mouth, but the WMD's conspiracy was dreamt up by Cheney & Rumsfield.

dude, they're all 3 guilty of treason
against the US. Even Powell. Even if he didn't
know they were lies when he told them, he knew later
and didn't come back and correct it or testify
against those responsible. If he had done that,
he'd have been a hero in my book, but the way he
left it, he was just another shill used like a rag doll.
And his name will go down in the anyls of history
as such. That video played for future generations
of his complicity in the grand scheme. He needs
to correct it if he ever wants a clear conscious.
Is it a danger for him to do so, of course. But he
knew the dangers when he took the job.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No matter how cruel Gaddafi maybe to his people, this is a brilliant and sinister strategy. I fear in a few days time more and more civilians will die at the hands of supposed peace keeping forces who had no right to go there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
poor old melty face is panicking hell have a rocket up his a$$ soon enough

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

Only the Arab league knew and should be smart enough to know you don't patrol the skies when Anti-Aircraft missiles and AAA guns are shooting at you left and right. You destroy the missiles and guns that will shoot at you and then deal with any planes or Helicopters that try to fly. Just goes to show how two faced and back stabbing the Arab league really is since they supported the plan.
They knew dam well what we were going to do. Hillary said it best the other day. She said "Oh no we are not going in alone, we will have the support of the International and Arab Community because we THE U.S.A. are sick of being blamed for everything and we are always dammed if we do and dammed if we dont".

I think that is the smartest thing I have ever heard her say and was proud that she told it like it is.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

The muslims will never be happy ever gaddafi is killing his muslim brothers and not a word against it we kill a few by accident and you never hear the end they just hate the west but we still give them technology??? work that out = greed we should just leave them

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Only the Arab league knew and should be smart enough to know you don't patrol the skies when Anti-Aircraft missiles and AAA guns are shooting at you left and right.

do you know where Gaddafi got those missiles ????

In 2007, Saif Gaddifi met with French President Nicholas Sarkozy in Tripoli, with whom it is alleged he helped broker an arms deal, including missiles.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe this is why the French were the first ones in Libya air space.
They were tracking down their own missiles. They know the system
better than anybody else.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My point exactly, remove these crazy muslim countries from the civilized world remove all technology they obviously cant comprehend it so leave them alone as the cave men they want to be.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
He is doing this so we won't no who to attack because they will all look the same and then we will get blamed for killing rebles crafty I'm surprised he hasn't used his planes to hit coalition forces in Italy because he's more than capable I'd do that befor all my planes were destroyed better to go out fighting than to sit back and take it up the ....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

Racist much? That region of the world is the cradle of civilization and they were civilized while we were still running around in skins with antlers on our heads.

Not that there is anything wrong with running around with antlers on your heads, I honestly wish we had stayed that way. But.................no point in crying over lost culture.

But math, science, philosophy, your religion if you are a Christian, Muslim or Jew, it all came from that area of the world. You really dont have any grounds for saying they cant be civilized since they invented it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

if you recheck your history it has changed a little bit since what you say is true and civilization is older then that towns have been found in parts of europe that are 26000 years old and predate sumer and so on so you may want to readjust your dates and what other than the exploding body suit or the burka of any use has come for a muslim country in the past 100 years other than oil ???

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

Link? I read several science journals a month, and am aware of a lot of stuff, but I do not know of any new archeological finds that place the cradle of civilization in Europe.

Im not saying its impossible, Im saying I have heard nothing of the sort, and BECAUSE I am a science junkie, I am surprised by that. So.................enlighten me please.

Because to the best of my knowledge, civilization as we know it arose in that region of the world, and so to accuse them of being incapable of being civilized is just backasswards.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I'm gonna make a prediction or a guess.
it is my guess that Gadhaffi will be killed
or leaves Libya for exile within 14 days.

I got to disagree with you on this Boondock, they need to make this last and milk it for all it is worth ! This could have already been done with if He was the issue .

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Maybe he has just come to the understanding that he is the lesser of two evils between himself and UN occupation in the eyes of the people.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Logically, if he were to be arming 1 million people, that would mean he would need more then 1/6th of his entire population to support him. If this is true, which I have my doubts behind, could the solution to Libya's strife be a seperation of the state rather then a regime change. The West and area's where Qaddafi's tribe and affiliated tribes reside are more content with his leadership status then the East is. This is one of his major failures as the leader of Libya. He has failed to redistribute the income evenly between the West, East and South. The East which provides much of Libya's wealth has been angered as the West recieves a larger proportion of the wealth. It seems to me a civil war is iminent if not already currently occuring.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Perhaps he sees that he is running out of options and is attempting to envelop the land in as much chaos as possible so he can sustain his fight?

It would seem that arming all of these people with the chance that a great number of them would rise against him would be truly foolhardy. Unless he was giving the opposing forces something to concentrate on while he formulates his ultimate counter attack.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Hmmmm... Do these weapons come with ammunition? Got to be a catch there somewhere.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
I think we're falling for the reports that his entire country despises him & wants him gone. My guess is that a whole heck of a lot of people in his country actually like him & would be willing to fight for him.

I know our media keeps saying that those who pushed the rebels back were paid mercenaries but were they? Where's the proof of that? Every time I saw a report filed from each new territory taken back by the govt there were descent sized crowds in the street showing support for the govt. Our media told us that these people were either paid or forced to do this for the cameras. Again, were they?

It's my opinion that the good Col. has more popular support than we're led to believe & he's arming them for the coming civil war. If it's no longer going to be his country then why not throw some fuel on the fire to complicate matters for the coalition who will be trying to stabilize the region? I think it's one last middle finger to France, the US and whoever else is in this thing. He's seeding an insurgency to bog us down in another drawn out guerrilla war that can't be won & that will drain resources. The man is no fool, he told us we'd regret taking action against him, I think we're now seeing what he meant.
edit on 20-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

Don't be so naive. You have two choices with a lunatic like Gaddafi support him or end up dead! Oh suprise suprise lots of people jumping up and down in support. Words fail me at your naivety (actually they don't but I would be censored so fill in the blanks !)

Sure there will be some who genuinely support him because of tribal links and a lot who have nice fat pockets. But the vast majority support him out of fear.

The proof is simple : wherever people think Gaddafi has lost power they quite clearly show their hatred. It is only after the threat of being shot is removed do you get a true picture of support.

"Good Colonel" - who planned and financed the blowing up of a panam plan which crashed on Lockerbie.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm actually getting a little worried now..

If this escilates and say, Egiypt, Sirya, and other Arabic countries get involved, Italy and Greece will be right in the firing line from several sides.. As specially with allied forces using those countries as forward bases.

If russia dose get involved also, on the side of the Islamic countries, it could make things deadly.

I hope they have an escape plan for all the forign tourists and ex-pats in those countries, to get them home before it gets really ugly.

I'd hope the allied forces would not classify them as expendable and leave them to their own devices..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join