It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya to give weapons to one million people: report

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

I agree.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

If he did plan and finance it , why hasnt he been arrested with this evidence he would be in jail by now!
surely if that is true and he did plan and finance it there would be evidence.

That was a long time ago and he still isnt in jail ?
unless of course he didnt plan it , and there was someone else who did

again , proof or it didnt happen !

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Fact: You can not impose your political will upon a nation just by air-raiding it. They've tried it in Iraq 1991 and failed.

So what they're trying to do here, from a military perspective, is using "rebels" ( other word for "lawless scum and thugs pushing their own agenda" ) as ground forces, while providing advanced air support for them, hoping to topple the current regime and replace it with puppets willing to watch with a blind eye while the remaining Libyan wealth is being sucked out of its soil.

I see them failing from top to bottom. They don't have a clear strategy, no clear plans, nothing.

Hmm .. reminds me of something back in 2003 in Iraq, and see where it lead to.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

i totally agree with what you have said .

this is going to fail and fail badly

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
He has all the rights to defend his country.

HIS country?

I would say it is the peoples country...did he build it himself?

Give the WORLD back to its people...after thousands of years of the ruling elite its about time WE own what WE built.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

if they remove ghaddafi there will be a power vacuum , the rebels or libyans wont want outside forces taking over , as they know what to expect "iraq" ,"afghanistan".
So then once ghadaffi is gone the rebels will continue to fight against foreign aggression.
Another country will fall into war at the hands of foreign aggressors
The middle east will continue to deteriorate until nothing is left

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by boondock-saint

Indeed.

The guy is a few planets short of a solar system...

Just exactly like the psychopaths who rule our countries in the West, only ours are worse, more greedy, more sadistic and more evil.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by ethancoop
I think we're falling for the reports that his entire country despises him & wants him gone. My guess is that a whole heck of a lot of people in his country actually like him & would be willing to fight for him.

I know our media keeps saying that those who pushed the rebels back were paid mercenaries but were they? Where's the proof of that? Every time I saw a report filed from each new territory taken back by the govt there were descent sized crowds in the street showing support for the govt. Our media told us that these people were either paid or forced to do this for the cameras. Again, were they?

It's my opinion that the good Col. has more popular support than we're led to believe & he's arming them for the coming civil war. If it's no longer going to be his country then why not throw some fuel on the fire to complicate matters for the coalition who will be trying to stabilize the region? I think it's one last middle finger to France, the US and whoever else is in this thing. He's seeding an insurgency to bog us down in another drawn out guerrilla war that can't be won & that will drain resources. The man is no fool, he told us we'd regret taking action against him, I think we're now seeing what he meant.
edit on 20-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

Don't be so naive. You have two choices with a lunatic like Gaddafi support him or end up dead! Oh suprise suprise lots of people jumping up and down in support. Words fail me at your naivety (actually they don't but I would be censored so fill in the blanks !)

Sure there will be some who genuinely support him because of tribal links and a lot who have nice fat pockets. But the vast majority support him out of fear.

The proof is simple : wherever people think Gaddafi has lost power they quite clearly show their hatred. It is only after the threat of being shot is removed do you get a true picture of support.

"Good Colonel" - who planned and financed the blowing up of a panam plan which crashed on Lockerbie.

I'm sure they would rather have our own particular brand of psychopaths running their country.....like they do in Iraq...NOT.

My god people, can't you see that our OWN countries are lead by insane psychos who are constantly murdering millions of innocents and allowing their fat corporations to destroy the planet for everyone?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

He's pompous. He assumes he heads the revolution and the people are with him.

Yes it will not end nicely. He is going to turn Libya into just another anarchical African failstate.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
summary: gadaffi was useful for western power and allies for decades, now its not, so all they need to do is support the opposition (rebels) and help them took over.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nekomata111

generally when you bomb your own people these days other nations arent going to sit back when they have a chance for glory by defeating you.

I'm glad I don't live in libya but this sounds rad to me all out civil war, I want to watch it on youtube.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I simply do not believe what the media is selling right now, and I dont care how many outlets carry it or appear to carry it. A million channels carrying propaganda does not make that propaganda any less rubbish.

So, basically, what you're saying is "Provide me with proof, but I admit that no matter the source or the proof I won't believe you. My imagination is right, not what is being reported from the ground and no matter what, I will not listen".

Ok, that's me done with you. If admit to not believeing anything, no matter the source, it is ultimately pointless to engage you in debate. This has been all over everywhere for weeks. There are plentiful video's online from people in Libya showing the air attacks by Gaddafi, the original massacre of unarmed protesters when they rose up because a Human Rights lawyer was "dissapeared". Remember that? Prob not, it's on the "NWO media" so must be false.

Originally posted by Irish Matador
I have been nothing but polite but alas I am afraid this is where I leave you wallow in your ignorance.

Polite? Hardly. You have been heavily derogatory against the English in every thread you take part in.

Originally posted by Irish Matador
Good day sir.

How patronising.

Bear with me, once I have finished my work, I will provide you with the "proof" you desire, seeing as you have no stated "disbelief" of ALL media like your chum Illusionsaregrander.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
"You don't learn," he said. "You''re always going to be destroyed."

In reference to the Tamahu?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This doesn't make sense because the news is programing us to beleive that he is a bad guy. All he is doing is protecting his country and government. Weither it is from the U.S. or from rebels. And if that wasn't true, he wouldnt be handing out weapons for his people to defend themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area51NightStandx
This doesn't make sense because the news is programing us to beleive that he is a bad guy. All he is doing is protecting his country and government. Weither it is from the U.S. or from rebels. And if that wasn't true, he wouldnt be handing out weapons for his people to defend themselves.

So the video's of the protestors being massacred wholesale at the beggining of this are just him "protecting his country and government".

Here is a link to a search engine result for "Gaddafi attacks protesters".. Have a browse.

And this is a link to a Youtube search result for "Libya protests"
edit on 21/3/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

I have deliberatly left the search criteria vague and givcen you the results so you can search through them yourselves rather than me cherry pick. You will note that the vast majority, if not all, portray exactly the same thing

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Do you really think they are peaceful protesters? If U.S. civilians protested in the same manner that the Libyian rebels are protesting, they would be jailed for life, tagged as terrorists, or shot in the process.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

He is a pretty crappy leader and is doing a lot of horrible things. And he absolutly shouldn't be in power anymore but he's not doing anything that our government hasn't already done. They are in a civil war. We have no business helping either side.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

Have you been following this from the start or even bothered to look at the video's from the beggining of all this?

This all kicked off because some Human rights lawer was arrested back in Feb in Benghazi. A small ish crowd of people gathered to call for his release and the Libyan security forces responded to them with heavy machine gun fire. These video's are in the links I provided.

They didn't start of wielding guns and attacking Gaddafi's men, originally they were unarmed! Some army units refused the orders to attack the marches and then defected/.They then opened up their arms caches to the opposition and this all kicked off.

Christ, it really annoys me when people have obviously NOT been following this turn up and have an opinion without even availing themselves of the facts first.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I cant seem to find a single video of non violent protestors being attacked.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Want to know who Gadaffi would be handing out weapons to?

Fake supporters

My contact further says the people outside Gaddafi’s compound and in Tripoli’s Green Square consist 100 per cent of the following:

(1) Revolutionary Committee members (thugs and hoodlums) who have been instructed to bring their families with them;

(2) Members of Al-Amn al-Dakhili (the internal security organization) and their families – there are 25,000 of these. They include such nasty creatures as the Special Rape Squad (yes, it’s a job title written on their Security Services ID cards) whose job is to rape political prisoners, men and women.

My contact also says that, as you would imagine, (1) and (2) above are not happy to bring family members with them but are doing so under duress.

Please click on the link to read full article.

mycatbirdseat.com...

An interesting article, it also states that most of the bodies it has offered up as civilian deaths due to airstrikes are either road kill (10,000 people per year in Libya die on the roads) or people the regime have killed.

I haven't supported the western stance at all and still do not, but we have to look at both sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join