It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya to give weapons to one million people: report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The only way out now is to take out Qaddafi, If the UN pull out now the whole of the med will be in danger, the job has been started by the UN and must be finished, its too late to pull out now, qaddafi is pissed off and he will go to any length to get revenge, he even said it himself, so what do you do, finish the job and eliminate any possible threat, or pull out and be in danger of retaliation??

I dont want an answer like "it shouldnt of been started", it has been started and its at the point of no return, so what is it, pull out and wait for retaliation, or get rid of qaddafi (cutting the head off the snake)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Or.......................................the MSM is lying to us, and the people of Libya really arent rising up against Gaddafi and this is all a manufactured scenario. Like he has been arguing the whole time.

WE are the ones attacking the Libyan people and airstriking Libya.

It's starting to look more and more like this is the case.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Kinda hard to give one million guns and ammo to your countrymen, then twist it around like the msn has in justifying another occupation of a sovergn nation state

The proverbial rabbit hole has just opened a bit deeper

End game is America being used to tie the hands of each nation state behind there backs then going bankrupt only to let the bankers and the elite have everything in place to introduce there one world nation state, and we are just about there
good times indeed when the powers that be have complete political capture of every nation state

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Lets just be glad Qaddafi doesnt have nukes or missiles to launch at us.....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Or.......................................the MSM is lying to us, and the people of Libya really arent rising up against Gaddafi and this is all a manufactured scenario. Like he has been arguing the whole time.

WE are the ones attacking the Libyan people and airstriking Libya.

I think there was an uprising in some areas, but nowhere near on the scale the MSM made it out to be.

The UN has sent out a clear message here though surely. If any citizens stand up against their government, then they should expect the same support. i.e bombing all of the airfields, naval bases and other military installations.

I wonder what the criteria is? Looking at the amount of violence handed out by the autorities in the U.K during demonstrations, would this qualify?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

maybe
but Russia does
and Putin has already stated that military
intervention in Libya was unacceptable.

So, are the Russian Silo's opening up ???

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

maybe
but Russia does
and Putin has already stated that military
intervention in Libya was unacceptable.

So, are the Russian Silo's opening up ???

Do you honestly believe Russia would attack the west right now? I'm not bashing your statement because its very valid but do you honestly think they would? i know the russians are crazy but im not so sure they would do that unless they had backing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
just in

1650: The BBC's Jonathan Head reports from Cairo that the Arab League's apparent second thoughts about supporting a no-fly zone look like a worrying crack in the coalition. Public opinion in Egypt, while very sympathetic to the Libyan opposition, is suspicious of Western involvement, so without the Arab League's endorsement the no-fly zone will lose its legitimacy in this region, he adds.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

If this was the case, why abstain from voting when it mattered? Did you see the smirks on the Russian and Chinese envoy faces when they abstained? The whole process was a joke.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Putin has already stated that military intervention in Libya was unacceptable.

If it was unacceptable then why did Putin and Russia abstain. They had the power to stop the show but chose not to. Why should anyone believe them about this being unacceptable?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Of course he isn’t going to arm one million people! Even if it were possible, it's an incredibly bad idea. It would be an amazing opportunity for the opposition and has the potential to create absolute carnage. If he is going to arm any civilians at all, I would like to know how he's selecting/vetting them. He can't even trust his own military to remain loyal.

Amongst other things, he’s trying to put across that there are at least one million people who are willing to die in order to save his regime. It's propaganda, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
Of course he isn’t going to arm one million people! Even if it were possible, it's an incredibly bad idea. It would be an amazing opportunity for the opposition and has the potential to create absolute carnage. If he is going to arm any civilians at all, I would like to know how he's selecting/vetting them. He can't even trust his own military to remain loyal.

Amongst other things, he’s trying to put across that there are at least one million people who are willing to die in order to save his regime. It's propaganda, plain and simple.

I agree with you that its just propaganda.... but, what if it wasn't ?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe Russia would attack the west right now? I'm not bashing your statement because its very valid but do you honestly think they would? i know the russians are crazy but im not so sure they would do that unless they had backing.

Backing ???
Germany abstained from the UN Vote.
China will back Russia as Russia provides
their oil supply.

3 Axis powers in WW2 did a lot of damage.
3 more with nuclear missiles could do even
worse.

I do not know if Russia will attack the West.
It makes the decision for Putin a lot harder
when there are multiple countries involved
with this no-fly zone and it has UN Backing.
Putin may just back down.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Good question. If riot police start shooting rubber bullets at people during protests of the WTO, will the UN order air strikes against those governments?

No. Because this isnt about people. Its about promoting economic agendas and killing people to do so is just not the point.

First world countries should be taking notes, because if you get to the point where they cant manipulate your democracy via the preferred media channels, this is your future too. They didnt disarm you for nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

If this was the case, why abstain from voting when it mattered? Did you see the smirks on the Russian and Chinese envoy faces when they abstained? The whole process was a joke.

THAT is what I'm worried about more
than anything. Russia and China think
the CIA was behind the Islamic Revolution.
If so that makes the rebels in Libya
an arm of a US Covert Op and not just
fighting a dictator.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
But China has 0 reason to go to war, their economy is doing great at the moment and they are sucking the US dry of money, cant see why they would even consider going to war.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

North Korea, Venezuela, Iran, Russia, China......all know we're going to take them down 1 country at a time.

They might just say the hell with it and fire off their missiles. Game over. Either that or they stand neatly in line waiting to be toppled. They are deciding right now how they want to go down. I wouldn't blame them for taking the whole damn planet down with them.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

His military has been incredibly loyal through this whole thing. So much so that the NWO forces had no choice but to get the UN to authorize attack because even with all their smoke and mirrors they could not stir up enough dissent within to pull off a believable "coup."

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If it was unacceptable then why did Putin and Russia abstain. They had the power to stop the show but chose not to. Why should anyone believe them about this being unacceptable?

they do have a right to change their
minds just like the arab league just did.

Also, their abstain may have been bought
or blackmailed by possible sanctions
or loss of trade if they used their veto.

I find it highly suspicious that 3 of the 5
countries that have veto power abstained
in the vote.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Didn't someone, somewhere predict an army of 1 million would move across the Earth or something like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join