It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tingling sensation in forehead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I didn't want to include the whole post, though all of it's noteworthy. I want to point out that the fun begins when you decide to NOT disengage from 'it' whilst viewing 'the real world'. It is then that the most run of the mill media conditioning stunts become laughable, horrifying, but still laughable. It's like that movie 'Devil's Advocate'. You start seeing the talking heads with bloody fangs instead of the nice body parts they were hired for, to display. I think it is more accurate to view through the 3rd eye than the two, especially the world, or 'real world'.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

interesting comment dude, since it's been happening i've found that certain friends have gotten closer while others have fallen away, interests have changed, tv has become boring, the most interesting things now are being outside and listening to music

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

The sun and moon can influence us as we are mostly carbon and water which can act as a magnetic pole to magnetic changes in our environment. During this supermoon, there will be a small window when the earth is between the sun and moon, so that will lightly stretch the equator (and thus the tectonic plates).
Has this 'watcher' ever communicated? Is it there for or against your will? I'm guessing it's benevolent, so that's cool. I tend to get the typical tinnitus ring in my right ear, so I cannot sleep well without some background sound.

It's there against my will, i never let it in, but i feel like it's trying to tell me something, once again i feel it the most before i go to sleep and while im meditating for long periods of time

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow329

Originally posted by OuttaTime

The sun and moon can influence us as we are mostly carbon and water which can act as a magnetic pole to magnetic changes in our environment. During this supermoon, there will be a small window when the earth is between the sun and moon, so that will lightly stretch the equator (and thus the tectonic plates).
Has this 'watcher' ever communicated? Is it there for or against your will? I'm guessing it's benevolent, so that's cool. I tend to get the typical tinnitus ring in my right ear, so I cannot sleep well without some background sound.

It's there against my will, i never let it in, but i feel like it's trying to tell me something, once again i feel it the most before i go to sleep and while im meditating for long periods of time [/quote

If it is there against your will then you will need to let it know that it is not welcome and that it cannot infringe on your will. I'm no expert on metaphysical matters but I've read alot, and that info tells me that it cannot act upon you without your will and consent, and you must not fear it, no matter what it does. If it has a message, you can recieve the content of his communication, while not allowing his will to impart on yours. Be the stronger of the souls on that one. Let it state the message, and be on its' way.
... just my 2 pence
]

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

kinda want to know why it's here though. if it wanted to harm me it could have by now, even though it seems to have subsided since winter ended.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow329

I know it doesn't pay, exactly, to think this way, but sometimes I act as if it's better to do nothing than to engage in things that are 'purposeful'. So many previously accepted things start to become obvious in their intended goal....and so gross. I find myself just closing my eyes and watching. In the darkness, you see light expand, gently, and suddenly thoughts become very real. To quell any desire to interact with society, I have been viewing 'How I met your Mother'. Or, 'The Office', just before drifting off. When taken in mixed form, these programming devices really make sex, and work, look plain pointless, icky and gross. Having room mates too. Anyway, there are many pre-meditation shows out there. These 2 programs have struck a balance with me. Sort of a springboard to looking for meaning.

I'm pretty sure there are man made systems put in place which interact in these realms, but they can be fooled, caught napping, and once their intent is clear, you can have a laugh. I've seen pieces of machinery hastily removed, upon gaining consciousness. You will see ancient archetypal dreams designed to scar your mind, but you have to remember the author. It all becomes so...easy to see through. I should stop here, because this obstacle is among the most harmful, of all first steps taken. It's something you can always expect to greet you, in the real world. Like mars bars in your rear view mirror....or a checkpoint roadblock in the distance and no exit possible.
edit on 21-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Perhaps it subsided because it moved on to an easier target, so to speak. I occasionally found it best to leave well enough alone. I became very interested in Native American Shamanism for a while and desired to connect with my spirit guide. It appeared as a snow leopard and was very friendly. In my communications with it, it often tried to snip at my hand while offering advice. I saw this as a questionable sign, and dismissed the guide and fortified my will against it. To this day I've not encountered it, so beware the hornet in butterfly clothing

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
That's the 6th Chakra you feel. The Command Center. Your Third Eye

Or a sinus infection. Maybe you should see a doctor.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

lol thank you but i do not have a sinus infection

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I am no expert....but maybe you opened your Third Eye from the meditation.
It is worth looking into.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

I can agree with your insight on TV shows. I can't bear to watch reality shows, and it disturbs me to even see many of them on TV. Does the world really need a TV drama about people proud of their deforestation (Axmen and Swamp Loggers)? It shows me how distracted and indifferent these shows make people turn in to. I can hardly even watch the news anymore without becoming disconnected with all this entertainment style tragedy. I'm to the point of just watching documentaries. Most of the time I just work on my books, and listen to music. Although I still enjoy the Dish Earth channel (no commercials).

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

yeah man what about shows like the jersey shore. I mean, it came out last summer and it's taken over my state! It's as if people want to act like that! are they serious? why would i want to act like an ignorant, uneducated grease-ball (sorry italians), showing off my body and acting like a child! This is blasphemy!

Anyway, i was just meditating i noticed two things. At first it's really hard to keep my eyes closed, once my head starts to tingle it's much easier and it seems as though the colors that appear are pulsating, this time is was greens and golds. Also, I can feel my heart beat and my breathing, but i also feel this really slow recurring pressure? like it leaves my body then washes over me again.. weird.

I wonder what would happen if i was to meditate for hours on end, maybe even days.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow329

yeah man what about shows like the jersey shore. I mean, it came out last summer and it's taken over my state! It's as if people want to act like that! are they serious? why would i want to act like an ignorant, uneducated grease-ball (sorry italians), showing off my body and acting like a child! This is blasphemy!

Anyway, i was just meditating i noticed two things. At first it's really hard to keep my eyes closed, once my head starts to tingle it's much easier and it seems as though the colors that appear are pulsating, this time is was greens and golds. Also, I can feel my heart beat and my breathing, but i also feel this really slow recurring pressure? like it leaves my body then washes over me again.. weird.

I wonder what would happen if i was to meditate for hours on end, maybe even days.

Shows like that are for synthetic people living in their self involved synthetic world (living in the matrix). Those shows should be used as casework for psychologists about social programming.

I don't usually see colors so I can't really say much about the cerebro-optical impulses.Much of the physical things you experience are just that. You are experiencing yourself in a living breathing meditative state. Relax and enjoy the ride
The Native Americans experienced many things, and dream quests were quite popular. They usually did it through fasting, sleep deprivation, sweat lodges, and being in isolation. One must take great care in dream questing, as there can also be physical problems from it. As you've probably seen on the news sweat lodges can be fatal if not monitored properly.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
well, thanks all, it's great to have some people that are willing to give plausible reasons for what's goin on in my brain.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

When I was a little boy, I used to be able to walk around rooms, even unfamiliar ones, with my eyes tightly shut, and not bump into anything. Whenever I came near an obstacle, I would feel a tingling sensation in my forehead.

It didn’t work outdoors unless I came right up against something pretty big, like the side of a house.

I don't believe in third eyes and other mystical explanations. I suspect my ability (now long vanished, I fear) had something to do with acoustics. My brain was processing faint echoes from the surfaces around me – a kind of crude echolocation – and interpreting proximity as a tingling sensation in my forehead. To this day I am extremely sensitive to the absorption and reflection characteristics of acoustic environments, something I find useful as a musician.
I'd say the vellus hairs on your forehead were probably reacting to static charges and you've simply moved into a better-grounded home. I've played around with this technique all my life. Anyone can technically feel it, much like anyone can technically detect slight changes in air pressure to achieve a similar sort of blind spacial awareness—but most people just aren't very attentive to such weak sensations.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Saerain

I'd say the vellus hairs on your forehead were probably reacting to static charges and you've simply moved into a better-grounded home. I've played around with this technique all my life. Anyone can technically feel it, much like anyone can technically detect slight changes in air pressure to achieve a similar sort of blind spacial awareness—but most people just aren't very attentive to such weak sensations.

No, this cannot be the explanation, for a variety of reasons.

1. The tingling sensation would commence a considerable distance, often several steps away from, the obstacle.

2. It happened wherever I tried it, at home, at school or in friends' homes. It was a bit of a party trick with me.

3. I grew up (and still live) in a coastal city six degrees above the Equator, where the normal humidity is 90-100%. We don’t see much in the way of static electrical phenomena here. What we see are insulation failures.

I’m pretty sure the phenomenon has a psychoacoustic explanation of some kind – what you call changes in air pressure.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Im pretty sure theres a few threads on this but yeah, I started meditating, I got the same feelings. Its suppose to be the third eye opening or the pineal gland being activated. Its a very strange feeling, and its hard to achieve. Takes alot of practive and you have to continue doing it everyday.

If you read on Binaural Beats, and listen with headphones while your meditating, you can get the feeling quick, but you have to listen to the Delta Waves ones, its pretty interesting. And it brings you into it quicker.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Keep meditating, you'll find that there are sensation all over your body. Don't focus on just one spot for too long though, meditating on one chakra too long can cause an imbalance. Now that you feel one chakra, try to link them together. Work on your throat chakra, once you feel the energy sensation, similar to how you feel it in your sixth chakra, you'll be able to connect them. Keep connecting all the chakras, keep working on all of them, and activate them all. Along with the third eye, commonly, you activate your crown chakra as well. Have you been feeling on pressure or sensations on the top of your head, almost as if pushing downward?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join