It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tingling sensation in forehead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Last summer i started doing a lot of meditating, not really any specific technique or anything but i would like to place myself in a nice surrounding and just close my eyes and clear my mind, or watch the images that were being displayed by my mind in the darkness. (if anyone has something to say about that too by all means, every time i close my eyes i see crazy patterns and stuff)

more importantly, i started developing this tingling sensation in my forehead after an hour or so of meditating, unknowing what it was i just kept meditating normally, because it sort of felt good. One particularly beautiful day while i was meditating above my friends pool i started having a fleeting vision; i was looking over a massive open field expanding at least 5-8 miles in front of me, and at the very edge i could see white buildings through the heat waves. Of course by that time i had figured out i was having a vision i freaked myself out and snapped out of it.

When i came to my forehead was tingling like it never has before, and with it came this crazy sensation of peace and completeness, it was pretty nuts.

I continued living and meditating normally and when school started i began feeling this tingling sensation all the time. I seems to come up when im listening to particularly 'powerful' music, solving some complex math equations, and just immersing myself into deep thought. But also, as the feeling has become more and more pronounced, my dreams have become incredibly vivid, and my sleep cycles are changing dramatically. Usually i dream about the moon, whenever i dream about the moon i wake up with my head tingling, also, these dream usually end with a blinding light and a "CRACK"and i wake up really confused, but my head feels good, in fact, that tingling sensation feels awesome.

Also, sometimes ill be falling asleep, still semi-conscious my head will start tingling and ill feel like im getting sucked out of my own body (it feels like my head is getting pushed down and an intense buzzing takes hold in my ears) sometimes i go into lucid dreams and other times i snap out of it, but my head is always tingling when this happens

Finally, ever since my head has started doing this i've been getting really good instincts, my grades have risen dramatically, to the point where i feel as though i'm far too smart for my classes whereas last year i was struggling the whole year.

So i'm just wondering if anyone has a similar experience that i am, and if theres a way to consciously use this that would be pretty nuts too. Obviously im not sharing all of my experiences because it would take pages to write, but i have more to say if i'm on to something. =]

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow329

Minnow, that head crack awake thing, i think your onto something, I have a recurring dream EVERY night. I cannot remember anything in the dream except for the fact that i think i am shot in head with a loud cracking sound and i instantly jump awake. Although my tingle doesn't feel great in fact i feel a sense of foreboding and have to sit on ATS till it goes away

will definitely watch this thread and see if anybody can offer any theories.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

interesting, to me it sounds like thunder when it's directly overhead, just a massive noise and a blinding light, pretty confusing, i also have had this dream where the night sky is blood red, and i have a premonition that i need to get the **** away from new york city. but as far as i've noticed that doesn't make my head tingle i just feel scared

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
That was me. I was attempting to communicate with you to post something on ATS. Sorry about the tingling, it was supposed to be an eye twitch.

I gotta work on my telepathy.

Seriously, look at your food and nutrition intake. You may have changed something in your diet that affected the chemical balance. I've been working on my long term memory retention. Very aggravating.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by billxam

very possible, i can't deny the effects have been positive though

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Third eye baby. When I use mine (to astral project), I get spots exactly in the middle of my forehead and at my temples. Just energy coming through.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That's the 6th Chakra you feel. The Command Center. Your Third Eye. I get
that all the time when I meditate. If you concentrate on it you will feel it opening
up. The more you do it the better at it you will get.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

So if I keep on meditating like this could I potentially get more visions and the like? What else happens?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
One person got it so far.. 3rd eye.

Ever since I was little I have had tingling and at times a pulling sensation. By the time I was in my teens I worked out the tingling sensation was a prelude to the tugging feeling that could build up pressure, and if I closed my eyes and relaxed I would be shown stuff. That "stuff" would happen within half an hour or so in the real world.

Over the many years since then I found that the strength of the Feeling tells me the importance of what I am about to see. At first I used to sit, relax and Look at every one, but as more years passed I slackened off a bit and began to ignore it more often. My choice I figure.

I've seen mundane things and horrific things, some have been an hour after seeing them, some immediately, some weeks later. and on some rare occassions I get to observe in a first person sense things as they occur in different parts of the real world. Hence why I choose to ignore a lot of it these days.

It is part of Your Awakening to what you already have within You. Try not to get sidetracked into all the various Belief-Systems on offer as they are quicksand for anyone who wishes to grow without Limitations.

Enjoy....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
If you keep practicing you can eventually bring the tingling up without even meditating, just focusing kinda loosly but intently on the middle of the forehead. Some tricks I've personally figured out: you can spread the tingle, like to specific spots, not just all over. Also, when you have this trick down, if you get hurt you can move it to the injured area to alleviate some pain. I use it often enough when I get a headache or toothache mostly...lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Thanks mate that's really informative, pretty much exactly what I feel like too, I guess I'll just keep at it and judge for myself what I see/feel

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have an experience similar to yours.
I was trying to sleep and I felt the tingling in my forehead, I concentrated on it and felt a hard POP in my head.
I was then completely overcome with feelings of intense pleasure.
My breathing became heavy, my mind became clear and I could concentrate on anything I wished.
It's hard to explain, and it's happened atleast three other times.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

When I was a little boy, I used to be able to walk around rooms, even unfamiliar ones, with my eyes tightly shut, and not bump into anything. Whenever I came near an obstacle, I would feel a tingling sensation in my forehead.

It didn’t work outdoors unless I came right up against something pretty big, like the side of a house.

I don't believe in third eyes and other mystical explanations. I suspect my ability (now long vanished, I fear) had something to do with acoustics. My brain was processing faint echoes from the surfaces around me – a kind of crude echolocation – and interpreting proximity as a tingling sensation in my forehead. To this day I am extremely sensitive to the absorption and reflection characteristics of acoustic environments, something I find useful as a musician.

I believe your tingling sensation may have a similar physical basis.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
everytime i lay down and try to focus on my third eye, i start to get an extreme headache and it causes me to stop focusing. has anyone else ever had this happen?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I've heard about the popping sound and it's happened to me once or twice in my life. I scrounged around the libraries (internet wasn't around back then), and from what I could understand, that 'pop' is a result of an astral projection, and they had said the pop wasn't a sound or physical action, but what happens when you 'snap back into your body'. It happened to me a couple years ago. I was having a lucid dream and what sounded like a window slamming shut woke me up. I was the only one in the house and all the windows were shut. Wierd

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Is it the 6th? I thought it was the 7th. I get those 2 confused sometimes. Which chakra is the pineal gland? Is it after the pineal that you get the golden white crown?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Is it the 6th? I thought it was the 7th. I get those 2 confused sometimes. Which chakra is the pineal gland? Is it after the pineal that you get the golden white crown?

6th....the 7th is your crown...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by OuttaTime

6th....the 7th is your crown...

Wow, I've been tinkering with 8 chakras then
It seems to be working for me so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing since I'm kinda used to having a full octave

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i keep on having dreams about the moon though. really weird i know about the supermoon that passed saturday night, i was up on a cliff with a couple of my buddies looking at it, it was scary big, we all felt a huge sense of foreboding then he backed his car into someone else's..

seriously though from what i've been gathering there is a connection between the moon and the sun that is causing much unrest on the planet.. maybe the moon influences our minds while the sun influences the geophysical activities on the earth? hrmph..

ALSO (edit) i want to add that while this has been happening i've been having the feeling that there is someone (something) watching me, for awhile it scared me but now that i've gotten used to it, the feeling is almost reassuring. The feeling is pronounced after meditating usually, also if it means anything after i meditate my right ear is always ringing.. i can match the tone to E D E D on a piano 2 octaves above middle C (there are also undertones that i haven't been able to distinguish).. i read somewhere that's information download..
edit on 21-3-2011 by minnow329 because: forgot something

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow329
i keep on having dreams about the moon though. really weird i know about the supermoon that passed saturday night, i was up on a cliff with a couple of my buddies looking at it, it was scary big, we all felt a huge sense of foreboding then he backed his car into someone else's..

seriously though from what i've been gathering there is a connection between the moon and the sun that is causing much unrest on the planet.. maybe the moon influences our minds while the sun influences the geophysical activities on the earth? hrmph..

ALSO (edit) i want to add that while this has been happening i've been having the feeling that there is someone (something) watching me, for awhile it scared me but now that i've gotten used to it, the feeling is almost reassuring. The feeling is pronounced after meditating usually, also if it means anything after i meditate my right ear is always ringing.. i can match the tone to E D E D on a piano 2 octaves above middle C (there are also undertones that i haven't been able to distinguish).. i read somewhere that's information download..
edit on 21-3-2011 by minnow329 because: forgot something

The sun and moon can influence us as we are mostly carbon and water which can act as a magnetic pole to magnetic changes in our environment. During this supermoon, there will be a small window when the earth is between the sun and moon, so that will lightly stretch the equator (and thus the tectonic plates).
Has this 'watcher' ever communicated? Is it there for or against your will? I'm guessing it's benevolent, so that's cool. I tend to get the typical tinnitus ring in my right ear, so I cannot sleep well without some background sound.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join