It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

My skymap is fine and everything else.
But yeah, Ill go and talk to a rep there

ADD: take that back the herizon line is a lil off and poles from skymap
edit on 20-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Folks, please take a reading at night using the North Star as a reference.
My daytime understanding of true North was out by 26 degress magnetic.

No shame, we learn something here.

"Have good references!"

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
reply to post by XtraTL

You know Xtra, you are more than welcome to take your own advice and provide a video for us to prove that YOU are NOT lieing when you say that you are not seeing any deviations and everything is "normal" around the world. Yes, yes I know, you are not the .....blah blah......but AFTER you prove your expertise first by posting the same "proof" you are asking us to provide YOU with.

Thank you for proving my point about mass hysteria and uneducated masses watchdog. Now you are taking someone who is not even capable of using a compasses word as that from God and now you are so utterly convinced in your mind that there is something to this hysteria that you now bully and attack someone who is simply saying that their compass is working as it always has and always should! Have you ever heard of the chicken little parable watchdog, I think it's lesson could be quite relevant to this ridiculous thread.

If there were even the slightest anomaly consistent with what people who are a little confused about how a compass functions here are alluding to, then there would be a NOTAM for all pilots in the United States, every single pilot anywhere near this imagined anomaly would note it and report on it. Pilots are not some secretive, power that be, gonna keep the truth hidden from the public because if the public knew the truth they couldn't handle it, sorta club like tin foil hatters like to imagine exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
OK. I went outside with the thing. It is raining here. So anyone who knows the Suunto Vector knows that I just totally risked my precious watch because that is how much I love ATS. The things are really sensitive and a little delicate. And notoriously accurate. So I took it outside far from masses of metal and powerlines. And it reads the same.
I am going to make chicken. See ya'll later.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Are you a Moderator? I thought you were just a Member.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

It's far more likely that...

1) People on boats aren't posting on ATS.

2) They know how to use a compass, and have nothing to report out of the ordinary.

And by the way, Byteman, My readings and the readings from southwest Virginia, are guaranteed to have been taken in extremely rural areas. No big cities or really huge towns for many a mile around either location.

Oh, I thought you were done with me. Last bag of grain and all that.

I said "with some exceptions", the majority of wrong readings are in dense areas.
I wonder why you fail to address that part.

A mile or so, is not far enough to rule out all interference from densely packed areas.

Anyways, it's still entirely possible and likely that you are using your compass wrong. In fact XtraTL has steadily proven that you are contradicting yourself on what you claim concerning your compass.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

How messed up does sh*t have to be that we get this information on ATS? No media coverage, no science updates, no government warnings, it's fuc*ing ridiculous! The closest we've had to real news on this was a page twelve article about moving runways at an airport in Florida followed by the usual "perfectly normal, nothing to see here" nonsense.
The Moon is out of whack, the poles are out of whack, the Sun is having a connip# and we're all worried about radiation floating over from freakin' China????
COME ON.

Did you REALLY just say that? I mean really? There is no radiation floating over from China. I suppose that the capital of Canada is Washington DC, right?
You don't even know that Japan and China are different countries. Everything you say henceforth will be disregarded by me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

Sure, the ones that can afford it.

Some people still choose to (or are financially forced to) do it the "old way" and that means a inexpensive standard compass or even just a sextant.

Point being, no, not all ships everywhere automatically got upgraded to GPS.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have a thought:

do you think that the solar flares would have a adverse effect on the iron core inside the earth? we are approaching solar maximum....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

The North Pole Star has nothing to do with the Magnetic North. Please read.

Articile Link:::

www.worsleyschool.net...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Its just used for direction of north, that why its pointed out. reference point.
Mybad

edit on 20-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberterius

For one Liberterius, I am not "bullying" anyone. I simply did the same thing he/she did, which is ask for their proof as well. I am not taking ANYONE'S word as God's. I looked at what the OP posted, had actually bought two new compasses the day before and had been playing with them that same day, and the next (which was yesterday) and had noticed a deviation from true north as well with my OWN two eyes, but chalked it up to an isolated problem. So when I saw the OP's thread yesterday evening, it sparked my interested. I am not taking OP's word for it, I am taking MINE. There is no "mass hysteria" going on here. If you would read ALL 37 pages and stay up to date with who says what, where they are at, then you would see this and you would see that just two pages earlier that I asked people to be respectful in here. I am NOT saying that Xtra is wrong or lieing, AND I am not saying that OP is right and telling the truth. I simply ask for each person to be respectful towards other members. I even invited the naysayer to MY house to prove MY observations wrong. For all we know, they could
BOTH be right. Oh and I have 3 children so I am familiar with the "chicken little" story and NO ONE is screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING". But thanks for playing.

So either contribute to the discussion by posting your findings or your RESPECTFUL objections and either help us figure out what's going on by helping us find a resonable explanation or help us understand where our error is, but if you feel so inclined to bash and try to slam and discredit every single one of us by calling us a liar then PLEASE move on.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

Well, solar maximum happens every 11 years or so , yet the North and South on Earth stayed the same for a long time. However....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

I am the one from southwest virginia that first checked my compass when mad dog contacted me. Do you reliaze how many hours he spent on this thread? Maybe he just missed spoked China for Japan after spending so many hours following this thread and researching what he could. Come on give me a break and take a look at your own compass and how many other people on this thread are having the same problem. I've spent my whole like using a compass hunting, fishing and such and I am damn near 50 years old. You think you are going to tell me that mad dog doesn't know what he is talking about I think you had better look over the whole thread before you get uptight with the differenece of Japan and China becuase they all look alike to me. Keep going Mad Dog and everyone on this thread who sees what is happening.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

you know, its so hard to piece together, im starting to brush this off as ridiculous.

they always spoke on how the poles did flip throughout earth's geological history, but these additional predictions from astronomers and mass events in nature on earth got me curious...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I find it a little funny that a site like ATS, where the majority of members don't count on MSM News for an ounce of real information, are jumping so quick to say "If it hasn't been on the news, its not happening". I guess theres more of a double standard here than I originally thought.

This is just you inventing a stereotype about ATS members not counting on mass media, and then pretending that invented attribute is proof that people are using a double-standard.

And just because some compasses read normal and some read way off...does not mean either side is 100% accurate.

No such thing as 100% certainty in anything.
Anyways...

It actually does indeed prove that the people who are reading normally are more accurate.

And it also doesn't mean anything is happening or that nothing is happening somewhere. For instance, a magnetic pulse observed in California, won't be observed in New York. And vice versa.

Never said otherwise, but in this case...the proof is more than lacking.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
This thread should be in skunk works.

* Despite pointing out direct contradictions in the OP's story (such as he used an old compass he found this morning in a box of old junk vs it is a compass he last used three weeks ago) and asking the OP to respond, he has not done so.

* Despite posting numerous requests for some simple yet specific information backing up the OP's claims (such as landmarks he is using to determine true north and video of his compass and evidence that his compass is correctly magnetized), none of this information has been provided.

* Despite pointing out errors in the computations of the OP in relation to the direction of true north vs magnetic north at his location and asking him to comment, he has not done so.

* Despite vast contradictions of up to 45 degrees in the information the OP has posted with regard to the direction his compass is pointing, and asking the OP to comment on this, he has not done so.

I'm leaving this thread now until it is either filed as a hoax or until some non-contradictory information is posted with proper evidence. Every call I've made for the contradictions to be answered or for evidence to be posted has been deliberately ignored.

I call hoax.
edit on 20-3-2011 by XtraTL because: I think this thread is a hoax

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kojack

It would be a good idea to figure out if the past pole-shifts were followed by volcanic ashes in the geological layers.. Yes, this is what I wanted to say with my "however" , things like solar cycles do happen all the time , but now and then we have the polar shift on Earth. I am not sure we can associate this to a cycle related to the sun activity or not.. need to digg more!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
reply to post by coolottie

Its just used for direction of north, that why its pointed out. reference point.
Mybad

edit on 20-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

Hey Cool, don't say "just", it's THE reference we all have.

My learning from all this, is that during daytime, and off-the-cuff, most of us don't actually know where true North is, locally.

I checked my readings against the North Star, and they turned out wrong.
Everyone else do the same please. That gets us all using the same reference for True North.

That's what the mariners use, and they are all over in that corner chuckling at us :-|

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I live on the east coast of the UK and my compass is really way away from its normal reading. Check your compass. The earths magnetic pole has shifted massively. Where I am living usually the north magnetic pole was about two degrees to the west away from the rotational axis. However I am looking at my compass this evening and the north magnetic pole is now no less than sixty degrees to the east of the rotational axis. This is a massive shift. What is causing this shift ? Did the solar flare activity from sunspots 1166 and 1169 trigger this ? Is this what triggered the Sendai earthquake in Japan ? On the 05 of March there was a massive power surge induced by the CME "Coronal Mass Ejection" flares emitted from sunspots 1166 and 1169. As a consequence of the power surge my computer was burnt out. I lost a Hard Drive and two Graphics Cards. These disasters are interconnected by magnetic pole shift ?

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join