It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geiger Counter readings - Updated: Radioactive fallout wave travelling across U.S?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The future is 1 second from now or 5 minutes so I guess if the rates triple in the next five minutes here in North America we will need another thread to discuss this?
North America because I am in Canada here and getting blasted by the jet-stream as I type.
I am disappointed in your reply to my comments.
I was hoping for something more .....well deep I guess.
You never addressed any of my statements but thats ok we can do that in the future I guess.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I'm sorry I did not directly answer all of your questions.

Who's to say what caused anyone's cancer anywhere? If someone smokes there is good reason to believe that may have caused it. If someone is exposed to high levels of radiation there is good reason to believe that may have caused it. People may get cancer from the Radon gas found in their homes. I had cancer. I have no idea what caused it but it was before Chernobyl blew up.

Yes, it is bad in Japan. I have never said it is not. I am far, far more concerned about what the effects on Japan (and possibly Korea and China) will be than I am about the US. I don't see the point of the arm waving about the Geiger counter readings being seen across the US when they show nothing out of the ordinary.
edit on 3/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by XPLodER

Fallout from Chernobyl made it all over the planet. But not at dangerous levels.
Nor has the Japanese situation gotten anywhere close to the emissions of Chernobyl.

That is utter BS. The fallout from Chernobyl DEFINITELY was dangerous. Millions of people in Belarus, Ukraine and parts of Russia would agree. Furthermore, in some countries it continues to be a danger. It killed many people, giving them cancer. I agree that we should all stay calm in re to the fallout from Fukushima, but some of your comments are just incorrect.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JRCrowley

It was not at dangerous levels "all over the world". Of course fallout occurred at dangerous levels within about 1,000 miles of Chernobyl. It occurred at levels of concern further than that. But not in New Zealand, which was the point of the post I was replying to. And not in the US. And not at distances of 5,000 miles.

edit on 3/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the nice reply and I already was aware of your medical situation there and I hope you stay in remission.
My point was and still is if my wife gets cancer next year, can we honestly say it was not from fall out?
Nobody will know for sure unless we were living on the roof of reactor 2 or 3 a few days ago.
Its bad and it sure is not going to get better in the near future as far as I can tell.

Like I said....( I am terrible for repeating myself) I see no happy reports or even close to maybe we can stop this thing anywhere and I mean anywhere on the net right now.
We don't do TV at all here so I have a good idea of what is real.
I just hope what you are saying is correct but I feel its going to get worse than it is now.
Thanks again Phage, Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

www.radiationnetwork.com... Geiger readings across the US in real time. I've been monitoring for the last 6 days. I haven't seen any spikes above 60 on there. 100 or over is considered hazardous.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

There is a 73 on there right now

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i dont know what all these readings mean. i just know in movies or on tv when u hear that electronic buzz ticking u know its. bad.

how bad is it?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I have two quick questions... First, I understand that the beta gross counts are what most people will use, but could anyone that understands why the EPA radnet (cdxnode64.epa.gov...) happens to have multiple gamma gross counts for "ranges"? It seems that most of the radiation monitors or geigers that display a CPM will supposedly simultaneously monitor alpha, beta and gamma; it seems to be confusing to me to try to compare apples to oranges.

My second question may be more of a point to mention to the members; I've noticed the EPA radnet show spikes on the west coast mainly between the 16th and 17th of March and settle down to low enough values since then. However, I came across two monitors that showed what appears to be a prolonged spike or increase since the 15th (SAN ANGELO now at 170CPM) and the other what may be a potential deadly levels or defective geiger tube (RALEIGH now at 199182CPM); could anyone tell what is up with Raleigh? The plot of data for Releigh from 3/14 to today shows the beta counts always over 100K.

Fixed Monitor Location: TX: SAN ANGELO
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 04:07:18 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 05:07:26 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 170
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 1672
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 1150
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 350
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 192
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 106
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 128
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 80
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 41
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 47

Fixed Monitor Location: NC: RALEIGH
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 04:17:02 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 05:17:10 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 199182
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 4759
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2644
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 724
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 384
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 256
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 283
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 189
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 53
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 76

Anyway, I just wanted to ask, I'm trying to get a crash course or meltdown course into this entire nuclear physics health issue and can use a bit more enlightenment.

Here's hoping the readings in the US stay low or go lower this week.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm from Utah. Currently doing the European Tour courtesy of the United States Army. If it gets bad, look for members of the LDS community disappearing. They have Geiger counters. They have plans for this type of event.

Let them be your "canaries" to coin a phrase.

Just two cents.

Who are the "LDS" that you speak of.
Please excuse my ignorance here but it might be important.
Thanks for any explanation to this.
regards, Iwinder

Latter Day Saints. The Mormon church. They are rooted and based in Utah.

Also in Idaho. I live in Rexburg and 90 percent of the town is Morman. I just looked out my window and they are still here. I'll let you know if they leave.
Be kinda nice if they did though... lol

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I have been monitoring the progression of what is almost certainly part of the fallout wave.

My current estimation is that it is continuing to disperse rapidly, and I do not know if it will even be really noticeable over typical background rad levels by the time it reaches the East coast. Various aspects such as apparently slow wind speeds, rains, etc, appear to have been gradually decreasing the intensity of this (as predicted).

I admit I am still rather confused on the very slow progression speed of this thing. But all of the current readings still indeed appear to conform with the fallout wave hypothesis.

Pierre SD : 156
Kearny Neb: 128
Lincoln Neb: 86
Omaha Neb: 127
Des Moines Iowa: 165
Wichita Kan: 77
Madison Wi : 96

There is a gap where no available current monitors are available in the::
Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota zone where I estimate the location of this would be.
So we will have to still wait yet another 6-12hour period to follow along and gauge further dissipation rates.

I have come to the conclusion the Amarillo monitor station is either damaged or sitting right next to an abnormal source of radiation (hospital perhaps?). It has not dropped like expected and it still remains the highest reading in the US according to this epa.gov monitoring site and all of the available meters to review. So something certainly is wrong with that location's monitor.

The Billings Montana site has dropped down to 96 and hovered there for quite some time, so I assume that 90-range is probably the local normal background levels at that monitoring site(??).

The areas I would suggest of interest to watch today over the next 12-16hours are ::
Location - Current Reading - Estimated reading when fallout passes over
Madison Wi - 96 - 125 estimate
Indianapolis Indiana - 25 - 90 to 125 est
Louisville Ky - 35 - 65 to 75 est

By the time it reaches the next section after that I am going to expect even lower readings due to the factor of dispersion (even greater due to weather patterns).
Cleveland Ohio - 27 now - 50-75 estimate
Grand Rapid Mi - 54 now - 90 to 100 est
Bay City Mi- 35 now - 75 to 80 est

I admit that I am struggling with a few problems still that I cannot explain. Such as time lapses where upwards of a entire day of time is lost but perhaps extremely slow wind conditions could explain such anomalies?

At the highest levels we are seeing now it's not really that potent at all. It is quickly dropping in intensity. This is a wonderful aspect that really relieves me a lot.

Also, I cannot find anything out of the ordinary around California - Oregon - Washington - Alaska zone.

Perhaps it was the initial explosion event that created the thickest and most noticeable fallout "pocket" which turned into a type of wave pattern as it passed over the pacific and over NA.

I sure wish I had access to Canadian monitoring sites so I could correlate the data from them into our little experiment.

So guys what do you think? Do you think that I have done this correctly and that my estimations are reasonable?

Also Phage I agree that these levels (under 200) are not worth being worried but I think this has passed coincidence phase and is now a fairly workable theory don't you think?

With that said- I will state that any release of radiological material in the atmosphere greatly concerns me, especially considering the type of source. I know everyone says it's not that big of a deal but it's just Another source of pollution that we caused and which slowly destroys our environment one disaster at a time. And it's disturbing to say the least. I consider even very low levels of cesium137 pollution to be a terrible tragedy.

I mean we can all agree to this right? That we humans are better off with No meltdowns than with them? Hope so.

Anyways, what do you guys think about these readings and future estimates? Acceptable?
Phage your opinions are accepted and desirable as well so feel free to say whatever.

edit on 21-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whoelse

The San Angelo station is still currently giving a 149 reading but I am having trouble understanding why.

For example the Fort Worth and Dallas stations are still reading in the 20-30 ranges, after prolonged monitoring over 30hours or perhaps longer.

Theories to explain San Angelo anomalies:
1) A pocket of the fallout wave was isolated (and rotated?) by odd weather conditions.
2) Wind speeds/directions have created a second southern "wave", but traditional wind patterns do not seem to explain this very well.
3)Some other source of radiation could be to blame.

The only way we will have even a slight clue is to continue monitoring, and to keep our eyes on the Ft Worth/Dallas and Houston sites over the next 36-48 hour span and this will give us more answers to if the San Angelo station is giving a false reading currently. I do recall that yesterday the San Angelo site was around 30-40 at normal levels so it deserves further attention until we can resolve the discrepancy.

Although admittedly the levels of radiation are still rather low (nation wide), and the very short exposure times are a godsend and very relieving. Thank God this thing came in a thin wave-like pattern.

My greatest fears were that it would be a prolonged and thick fallout event. However this has not materialized yet and all that I have detected is this very thin and rapidly deteriorating "wave" feature (which I think is likely the residual effect of the initial explosion incident on the 13th or whenever it happened).

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's great that you're mostly concerned about the radiation effects in Japan.

But why are you doing everything in your power to downplay it across the US?

No matter the subject, I've NEVER known you to have an opinion that wasn't perfectly aligned with TPTB.

Is there anything you're not a self-appointed expert in? That in itself is highly suspicious.

Given a potentially hazardous situation where people should definitely err on the side of caution, in this thread you're a hostile witness and everything you say should be taken with a giant grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have been watching this site every day since the beginning of the Japan nuclear crisis.
I actually have found this site to be 12 to 24 hours before most of the MSM until the
Japan internet shutdown. I know a lot about whats going on because I monitor several
radiation networks private and non private all day and most of the night. I also have been
monitoring weather patterns, seismic activity, the alignment of the planets, Nebiru
approaching, the tsunami warning center for the pacific around the ring of fire, and the
activity in yellowstone park. I was afraid to sign up because I didn't want my identity
known. I have seen some data that I find disturbing but possibly a equipment malfunction.
Here is the latest Radnet reading I just found checking to see if someone above was
correct in there numbers and they were right on but if that was true everyone in NC
would not be living right now.

Monitor Information:

Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 08:17:54 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 09:18:02 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 199108
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 4746
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2614
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 719
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 374
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 255
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 284
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 181
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 54
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 72

That count is insane and I am fairly sure that if NC was exposed to that much
radiation everyone would probably die instantly. I am considering calling the EPA
to see if the counter is working correctly because if that is true they need to evacuate
everyone there, if anyone is still there. Something seems wrong with that number
because in the 2 monitoring stations right next to them also in NC show normal
readings and if the ambient radiation was that high the other stations in NC should
show some signs of it. Contamination that is at levels that high would definitly set
off the other 2 sites in NC. Although I believe this number to be in error I have definitly
seen a dramatic increase in the ambient radiation levels over most of the USA in the
last 10 days. I am not saying that this reading is definitly wrong but I am somewhat
sceptical but even so I really don't see this situation ending well.

Dosen't this situation seem a little to much like Stephen Kings "The Stand" to anyone else ?
If you change Captain Tripps to Radiation I see just about the same situation happening.

I am not trying to make anyone fearful but I do believe in being ready for anything
and personally I don't know about the rest of you but I have already got IOSAT AKA
potassium iodide, gas masks, and many other nessecary survival items, food,
weapons, water rations, and supplies ready for my whole family. Hopefully I wont
need them but I am getting ready for the worst. The Mayans stopped their calendars
at 2012, personally I think theres a reason for that. They even predicted Nibiru coming
right around this time. As a final thought Nostradamus predicted WW3 and I think the
Libya situation could be the first sign of the end times. Having said that I am new here.
I have seen UFO's with 4 other people to confirm that as well but I believe them to be
Military UFO's using one of Teslas designs and I definitly believe in Aliens because
if God did create man and all the animals and planets etc what would stop God from
creating many more less flawed designs than man. I am positive that there are many
races of other beings in this vast universe and science can proove that with finding
bacteria remains in meteors on a regular basis.

CRITICAL UPDATE:

RADNET has changed this reading from Dark Blue to Light Blue,
Dark Blue means the monitor is running.
Light Blue Means RadNet data is undergoing quality review.

Newest Reading

Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 10:18:19 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 11:18:28 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 202365
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 4735
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2628
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 729
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 382
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 255
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 285
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 185
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 55

My name may be survivor4 but you can call me Reverend
edit on 21-3-2011 by survivor4 because: I found updated information for the accuracy of this post

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by condition9

UNITY I read your post regarding tucson again @ 224 can you tell me why thes rad sites etc. are not showing dangerous levels ? I am tasking in all info I CAN Phage answered last nite said everything in tucson normal ?? more info from intelligent people that understand these levels -please thanks!!!

No, I can only click on a link on the radnet and give the reading it says. That one is the US Gov one. I refresh the radnet frequetnly too.

Today:

Fixed Monitor Location: SD: RAPID CITY
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 10:03:32 AM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 11:03:39 AM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 320
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 2586
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 1733
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 497
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 250
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 146
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 187
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 96
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 36
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 38

Rapid City is 320

(I've been noticing that a lot of areas are a little higher in their background radiation, so it appears to be building slowly???)

cdxnode64.epa.gov...

I'm going to buy a gieger counter end of month. Think they're useful after all.

Tuscon is now only 61

Fixed Monitor Location: AZ: TUCSON
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 12:13:43 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 01:13:51 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 61
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 3549
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 1983
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 503
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 258
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 155
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 185
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 101
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 40
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 48

Tuscon 61

Even at the other reading, for a short while, these are low. They are dangerous for a reason, you don't want prolongued exposure to this, but in relation to SV, and radiation poisoning, they're still low. Its the dust, the fall out that is a really big worry.

Of course unless it continues and gets worse (which all indicators say its doing), it is the long term cancers and illness, thyroid etc, that we're trying to prevent by giving readings. Those things matter a great deal.

Fixed Monitor Location: NM: ALBUQUERQUE
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 12:57:03 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 01:57:11 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 144
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 3442
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2140
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 618
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 348
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 210
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 254
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 153
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 60

ALBUQUERQUE 144

Fixed Monitor Location: TX: SAN ANGELO
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/21/2011 01:09:27 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/21/2011 02:09:35 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 110
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 1578
Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 1020
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 303
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 153
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 91
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 103
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 71
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 35
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 47

San Angelo 110

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Whoa.

Rapid City SD : 320
Pierre SD : 195
Denver Co: 217
Colorado Springs Co: 272
Grand Junction Co: 169
Albuquerque NM: 144
Las Vegas Nv:134

And finally to confirm the Rev's post above
Raleigh NC : 205378

About the NC info::: Let's hope to god it's a failure of an instrument or something. That is off the hook. Phage 205k is dangerous right? Haha, just messing with you. We all know it is. But common sense also says something isn't right.

The other numbers I got indicate to me, that my estimates were wrong. This does not conform to the "wave".
Somethings going on funky here and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Is this a linear tail shape connected to the "wave"? Or is this something else?

Anyone have any theories what is going on here? The South Dakota numbers were predicted (although my personal predictions were that it would be 100cpm LESS than what it is right now).
But the readings in Colorado , New Mexico, and Nevada have me perplexed.

What could possibly be going on here?
Let's address one thing at a time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Look at Colorado. Something happened since I was sleeping and it's got real "hot" there now...

What could this possibly mean? It totally jumped over the meters in California and Oregon and so I was not able to anticipate this correctly?

I am confused because it's difficult to make a good judgement here due to my preconceived notions.
I would also like to say those downplaying all this are also suffering from judgment impairment due to preconceived notions getting in the way.

Therefore we are having many issues going on all at once and it's making this very confusing and difficult since we have NO STRAIGHT ANSWERS from the Govt!!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was just gonna asks the same thing@

130 and above is alert level according to EPA site. Click on the dark blue pins
Las Vegas 134, Tucson Albuquerque 144, Grand Junction 169, Colorado Springs 262, Denver 217, Rapid City 322 ????

cdxnode64.epa.gov...

Click on the dark blue pins. Is it supposed to be that high?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

The Raleigh beta counter seems to have problems. It only shows recent data (since March 18th) and some older data. On 2/26/2009 it shows a beta count of 1,221,559. The readings since March 18th have been similar to what is seen now. The gamma counts are consistent and normal.

There is nothing going on. There was, and is, no wave of fallout. None of high enough levels to be detected by the EPA or civilian instruments anyway. Background radiation fluctuates. No "preconceived ideas", look at the graphs I posted earlier.

edit on 3/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

Please show where the EPA says 130 is "alert level".

edit on 3/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join