It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Itop1

What?

Please....don't troll.

Soldiers are war machines dude, going in to libya is good pracrice for when the # really hits the fan, if you got an army that has never been in a conflict then when # really does kick off then half of them will be soiling their pants, war is war, its not nice, if you sign up to the army, be prepared to fight and die... if you dont like the thought of it then dont sign up.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

ahh i see then so the libyans are just target practice to you?

sad very sad

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I actually agree with that statement.

However what you posted earlier was callous, when you consider the people who will be on the end of that "target practice."

To quote General William T. Sherman:

I’ve been where you are now and I know just how you feel. It’s entirely natural that there should beat in the breast of every one of you a hope and desire that some day you can use the skill you have acquired here. Suppress it! You don’t know the horrible aspects of war. I’ve been through two wars and I know. I’ve seen cities and homes in ashes. I’ve seen thousands of men lying on the ground, their dead faces looking up at the skies. I tell you, war is Hell!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
reply to post by Itop1

ahh i see then so the libyans are just target practice to you?

sad very sad

The libyan army that are killing innocent familys and children are fantastic target practice.

ie... the snipers and soldiers in misrata mindlesly killing people
edit on 23-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

k but you do know that civilians have died right? And if ground troops go in im certain many more will too. It is a Civil war we have no place there. No matter how it ends we will be viewed in a negative light you see that don't you?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmerikanDekline
reply to post by Itop1

k but you do know that civilians have died right? And if ground troops go in im certain many more will too. It is a Civil war we have no place there. No matter how it ends we will be viewed in a negative light you see that don't you?

I agree, but what is better.... not to do anything and let them carry on killing people in misrata or intervene.... its a tough one but if we are to do the right thing then i believe we should help them... i know some people will argue "why libya and not the other countries in the world?".... although that statement may be true, libya is here, libya is now and we have a decission to make on libya, not congo, not NK, not chad, not tibet, not zimbabwe, but Libya.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Russia believes a ground invasion of Libya is almost a certainty, Kremlin foreign policy adviser Sergei Prikhodko has told Itar-Tass news agency. "There is no co-ordinated plan in place and the operation can drag on," he said.

BBC News

Let me add a little.

MOSCOW, March 23 - RIA Novosti. Russia continues to maintain diplomatic relations with Libya by the authorities, but does not condemn those who are struggling with its current leader Muammar Gaddafi, said Russian presidential aide Sergei Prikhodko. "Diplomatic relations we have with the existing authorities of Libya," - said Prikhodko. However, Russia's opinion, the root cause of all that is happening now in Libya, "it is unacceptable actions of the Gaddafi," he said. "So the moral position of those who are struggling with it, it is quite obvious and no condemnation can not be," - said the presidential aide. He stressed that in their dealings Russia "will proceed from a balanced assessment of the situation in Libya."

This is an example of blatant political prostitution. This KREMLYADI (prostitutes of the Kremlin leadership of Russia) had sold Libya, as previously sold Serbia, and very soon will sell Russia too!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

your point is somewhat valid i feel but there are other countries who are in need now just the same as libya and need help just as much. If we are going to play world police we cannot pick and choose who to give "freedom packages" too.

I have to go ill be back tonight though so if it takes a while to respond thats why and im not just being a dick

edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
2029: Renewed airstrikes are tonight targeting Col Gaddafi's compound in the capital Tripoli, according to Al-Arabiya TV. Col Gaddafi addressed his supporters at the compound on Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
When i look at the world today and realise its going to the pan, everything our ancestors fought for and died for is being wasted by leaders with oversized egos
Soon, i fear we will be in our final hours of a "normal" world and something terrible will happen, the world seems to be getting worse, and im not just talking on an international scale, here at home in england anti social behaviour is going out of control and i only see it getting worse, everything is getting worse, from anti social behaviour, to economy, to wars.... and there is one song i can listen to which puts EVERYTHING in to perspective...

I ask you all, listen to this song, while you are listening, think of the problems we are now encountering and where our future may lead us.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Does anybody who watches CNN notice how that woman in Benghazi is acting as the mouthpiece for the opposition? They keep asking for more and more. First, they just wanted our moral support. Next, they said they couldn't do it without a no fly zone to even the odds. Now they're asking for us to provide them with weapons. I imagine next they will say they can't do it without trained ground troops. It's funny to watch her though, she reminds me of Sally Struthers as she relays their hard luck story...for just .75 cents a day, we can sponsor a Libyan freedom fighter of our own. Maybe they'll also send a wallet sized photo of them holding up a V sign and an AK-47...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by wcitizen

Do you have any proof that this is the action of a New World Order?

Do you actually know what an 'invasion' is?

Yep,

Yep.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Thats actually not a bad idea. To help defend against their tactic of pitting us against each other, refuse to play their game and call it what it is.

Instead of the Republicans and Democrats we can just call them the NWO party 1&2. Refuse to acknowledge their branding themselves as us. Because they arent.

Exactly. We use THEIR language which reinforces their duplicity. By calling it what it is, it will help people to actually see it for what it is.

They are masters at using language to deceive us.....we can also use it to expose the truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by wcitizen
Farrakhan tells it like it is:

www.youtube.com...

I am no fan at all of Farrakhan, but this may be the most honest thing I have ever heard in my life. He lays out his case very clearly and truly undeniably. He goes well beyond race, which I did not expect at all, with references to Waco, and something I forgot all about until he said it.. the MOVE movement in Philadelphia.

The MOVE thing I remember. I grew up in Philadelphia. I was just a little kid, but I remember the news coverage. I do not remember the situation (and I have not looked it up yet) I remember the outcome. From memory, it was some black lady with a big afro and her "followers". They were some type of movement but they were holed up in an apartment. Police had them surrounded. They ended up burning down the whole apartment complex to get them out. I do not remember if they were caught or they died, I remember damn near the whole city block in Philadelphia on fire. It was crazy, the police literally attacked.

I agree with you - I'm no fan either but I thought this was an excellent expose of what's really going on.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Hear, hear.

I love that more and more people are seeing through the two party scam. In the words of that twit Sarah Palin, "how's that hopey changey stuff working out for ya"? Bush never left office...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Julia Ioffe, writing in the Foreign Policy blog, says: "Clearly, the Kremlin's calculation was that there was no use propping up Libya's sinking ship at the risk of seriously alienating Europe, still Russia's biggest trading partner, and the United States. Russia was never going to support the intervention in Libya, but, in this case, it clearly calculated that remaining silent would reap the far bigger fruit. Not to mention all this disorder has sent the prices of oil and gold - two major Russian commodities - through the roof, and Russia has a not insignificant budget deficit to fill."

BBC News

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
We will soon hear in the media that UN /NATO wants to put boots on the ground.

kl. 20:25 MÅ INN MED BAKKESTYRKER: Ståle Ulriksen, leder for Norsk Utenrikspolitisk Institutt NUPIs avdeling for sikkerhet og konflikthåndtering, tror vesten må følge opp flyangrepene med spesialstyrker.

Norwagian politicians are debating this right now. They would not have been doing this unless it was a part of a future plan.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

I just want to update from my last post.

Just now at 11:40- 24.03 11 the French defence minister just hinted live on Sky News that the no fly zone was not enough to secure the Libyan population from Gaddafi's loyalists. He mentioned the need for ground troops.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

We will soon hear in the media that UN /NATO wants to put boots on the ground.

kl. 20:25 MÅ INN MED BAKKESTYRKER: Ståle Ulriksen, leder for Norsk Utenrikspolitisk Institutt NUPIs avdeling for sikkerhet og konflikthåndtering, tror vesten må følge opp flyangrepene med spesialstyrker.

Norwagian politicians are debating this right now. They would not have been doing this unless it was a part of a future plan.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

I just want to update from my last post.

Just now at 11:40- 24.03 11 the French defence minister just hinted live on Sky News that the no fly zone was not enough to secure the Libyan population from Gaddafi's loyalists. He mentioned the need for ground troops.

Could you provide a link to these news (at least the Norwegian one).

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AmerikanDekline

Yes, please read my extremely long comment on page 56. As a historian and political scientist I have evaluated the situation in the Middle East and US interests in the area.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Macowm because: mistype

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
1838: A BBC contact in Misrata says the central hospital there has been turned into an army base by pro-Gaddafi troops. She says no civilians are there and all the surrounding houses have been evacuated. It is not possible for us to confirm the claims

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60 >>

join