It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

oh please oh please please please oh please let the transvestite tyrant illuminati clone ghaddafi be dethroned and let his people up. usa finally has entered a just war [albeit for the wrong reasons]. where do i enlist to aid in dethroning this ugly cia creation named ghaddafi?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I just watched CNN basically do a tribute piece on a suicide bomber. He filled his car with explosives, recited some versus from the koran, and blew himself up along with some of Gadhafi's men. Now, I respect what he did as ballsy, although he left his family behind and could have found another way to do it, maybe got out of the car and detonated it remotely? But, the point here is, since when did islamic suicide bombers become part of our team?? It's dispicable, according to our MSM, when they carry out this kind of attack against our guys, but honorable when it's done against our enemies.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

These type of attacks are only condemned when they attack someone we like apparently... Like I always said, the only difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter, is a point of view on which side is right, and which side is evil....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Oh, I know, and have always felt the same pretty much. It just felt like an episode of the Twilight Zone, watching CNN tell his heroic, heart string pulling tale and interviewing the honored martyrs family. How long has the MSM been painting suicide bombers as brainwashed monsters hellbent on taking our "freedoms" away? Now they're just gonna act like that never happened, I guess. I also love how they're acting like turning control over to NATO is somehow different than things are now, to try and appease Americans against another military endeavor in the region. Don't worry guys, we handed over control to NATO, who we are pretty much the head of.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
OMG. Now they're calling the no fly zone, No Fly "Plus". Is it a military operation, or a credit card offer?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Are you serious? If I had three hands, I would be triple facepalming right now.... How many of us predicted there would be ground operations in no time from the getgo lol.
edit on Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:17:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: there thier and they're, stupid homonyms....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Unfortunately, yes. Totally serious.

According to the sources, NATO has sent a directive to NATO's military chain of command asking for a plan on how to execute an expanded role for enforcement of U.N. Resolution 1973. Under the expanded role, called "no-fly plus" by some officials, NATO might be given more robust rules of engagement to ensure that civilians are protected, the sources said.

www.cnn.com... nn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

I'm betting there will be boots on the ground as well, there's no way we can back out of this without Gadhafi being removed from power, and there's very little chance the rebels are gonna remove him themselves. So, pretty much gotta go in and drag him out, kicking and screaming...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Lol.... So it went from imposing a nofly zone, to the world steamrolling a path for alCIAda, I mean the rebels to take over.... Wonderful world we live in eh?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, they remind me of some teenage boy trying to coax his girlfriend into sex...just the tip, I promise.

Speaking of Al CIAda, we haven't heard much from them. The only person throwing their name around lately is Gadhafi, guess they served their purpose, and just disappeared. Now the suicide bombers are on our side...for now.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, they remind me of some teenage boy trying to coax his girlfriend into sex...just the tip, I promise.

Speaking of Al CIAda, we haven't heard much from them. The only person throwing their name around lately is Gadhafi, guess they served their purpose, and just disappeared. Now the suicide bombers are on our side...for now.

Hey have you ever heard of the NED? The National Endowment for Democracy? It seems they are the ones funding the rebels and who knows what more they are doing, the group has been attacked by both left and right as a CIA Front in overthrow of governments in eupore and in other places.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I just watched CNN basically do a tribute piece on a suicide bomber. He filled his car with explosives, recited some versus from the koran, and blew himself up along with some of Gadhafi's men. Now, I respect what he did as ballsy, although he left his family behind and could have found another way to do it, maybe got out of the car and detonated it remotely? But, the point here is, since when did islamic suicide bombers become part of our team?? It's dispicable, according to our MSM, when they carry out this kind of attack against our guys, but honorable when it's done against our enemies.

Do you still have the link to that ? I tried searching cnn and I couldn't find it anymore!

Here is something which could be the same:
www.allvoices.com... -gaddafi-shout-slogans-outside-the-bab-al-aziziyah-compound-in-tripoli

edit on 25-3-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

Yeah, that's the same guy. It was a piece on TV, they interviewed his daughters and his best friend who carried his remains after the bombing, said the wife was too distraught to do an interview. It's really wierd though, this is the only link I could find to it...

www.breakingnews.com... azi-libya-trying-to-breach-it-eyewitnesses-say-cnn

But when you click on the headline to read the story, it goes to some story about Gadhafi's son (at least for me anyway). I wonder if they caught too much flak for and removed the tribute piece...

Look at the comments at the bottom of your link, people calling him a courageous man who sacrificed it all to save his compatriots. Twilight Zone I tell ya...
edit on 25-3-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I think I have heard of them. I think it was Wesley Clark, or some other general I was watching the other day who was suggesting we use the CIA to overthrow Gadhafi...here we go again.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Recommend to watch this picture. I liked it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vlaniks

That's pretty funny. Although I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to paint that freak Gadhafi as a valiant hero, it would be more accurate if he had red eyes too. He takes his people's wealth the same way our leaders and elitists take ours. Sometimes the demons turn on their own.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm not saying that Gaddafi is a hero. But he is a brave man. He had not fled the country as a beaten dog. Even if only for that he deserves respect. If he "robbed" his people, then robbed in a strange way. In Libya, the standard of living is highest in Africa. Qaddafi simply shared with the people with oil money. Annual revenue for each of the Libyan is 14000 dollars. Compare, for example, with Egypt, where people live on 0.9 dollars a day.
edit on 26-3-2011 by Vlaniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just found an interesting video clip hosted by Rense.com. US General Wesley Clark (Ret), who said the Bush admin had decided to go to war with 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Iran.
He found this out on Sep 20, 2001

U.S. General Wesley Clark (Ret.), explains that the Bush Administration planned to take out 7 countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Iran.

That quote is just from the person who uploaded the video.

youtube link

It wouldn't suprise me if the CIA has been supporting the rebels for a long time.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Interesting that cnn seems to have removed the article.

A Finnish newspaper just posted an article, saying that that according to information obtained by the US, some rebels may have Al-Qaida connections!

However the commander of the US troops in Europe (James Stavridis) says that the rebel leaders are "responsible people".

That was the exact phrasing used: "responsible people".

Here is the article (if anyone knows Finnish, or wants to use google translate and have a few laughs).
www.iltasanomat.fi...

Anyways, This is interesting coming from MSM. Is this an excuse to later put boots on the ground, or is it genuine ? I haven't found anything similar on CNN or BBC.

edit on 29-3-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
President Obama Planned New Middle-East War!! In 2009!!

All, please read the this - there is a trend showing that this invasion has been planned under the Obama Doctrine since at least 2009 and is a continuation of the War on Terrorism from 2001 (or before).

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The A-10 and AC-130 gunship is now going to be used against Gaddafi's forces. The battle is now going to get really messy.

I don't have a media source to confirm this, but i have good sources non the less.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60 >>

join