It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: French Military Action Against Qaddafi's Forces in Libya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
PARIS -- President Nicolas Sarkozy says France has already taken action against Libya.

Link - Fox News

Looks like France is taking the lead on this. Weren't there rumors going around that Qadaffi paid for Sarkozy's position as prime minister? Possible attempt by France to seal the truth!?!

Update: Official: French Fighter Jet Has Fired on Libyan Military Vehicle
Article (mobile)
edit on 19-3-2011 by zeeon because: updates

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

"ALLIED????" hMMM...NOW, where have I heard that before?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
On the German Yahoo news it's being reported that Gaddafi wrote a letter to worldleaders in which he sais that if he'll be attacked that they're gonna "regret " it and they are taking " uncalculated risks for europe "

Also...he said to Obama: " Even if Libya and America - god forbid - are going to wage war you'll always be my son. " ......huh? lol

They do share a certain resemblance I must say...wtf oO

www.kaiser-schmarrn.de...
edit on 19-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
On the German Yahoo news it's being reported that Gaddafi wrote a letter to worldleaders in which he sais that if he'll be attacked that they're gonna "regret " it and they are taking " unculculated risks for europe "

Also...he said to Obama: " Even if Libya and America - god forbid - are going to wage war you'll always be my son. " ......huh? lol

WTF does that mean? I think Barack's mom has got some 'splainin' to do.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hilary clinton and Obama are due to address the world here shortly - I'm not sure if this a prelude to war or just another 'conflict' (if there is really any distinction between the two)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would guess Gaddafi's remarks were an attempt to further destabilize the American people, in regards to Obama. He knows many already hate the guy, so saying crap like "my son" will only stir up more polarization of the American people.

The men look nothing alike in my opinion, Gaddafi looks more like Ice T than he does Obama.
edit on 19-3-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sky news UK reporting the US has fired tomahawks on/near tripoli,at gaddaffi assets.

Hope its his own compound personally,get this over with quick sharp.

Hope you like tomahawks colonel...

Edit,I guess these were the launch pads:

www.breakingnews.ie...

Maybe the US are hitting the hardened targets(bunkers etc)that the french planes can't be sure to destroy?

edit on 19/3/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yep, I just saw that too. Looks like its official - yet another conflict the United States can't afford to get involved in. I'm not sure what to make of the situation yet.

Keep the updates coming!

Also, if a mod could change the title to U.S. & French Military action against Qaddafi's forces that'd be super. The site wouldn't allow me to edit the title anymore.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Heres what will be saying hello to Gaddaffi and friends as I type:

And thats an old vid...you know they have upgraded by now.

*NOTE:
The Dick Cheney lookalike in the last minute or so describing the missile and its effects-Is it just me or does he look as though he is getting excited/aroused by the death he speaks of?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Yep,its looking official,and looking like these are the puppies responsible:

The U.S. Navy has three submarines outfitted with Tomahawk missiles in the Mediterranean prepared to participate in operations against Libya, a U.S. defense official said on Saturday.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said three submarines, including attack submarines Newport News and the Providence, were joined by two Navy ships.
The submarines were equipped with Tomahawk missiles that can cripple aircraft or anti-aircraft defenses in a no-fly operation, the official said.

af.reuters.com...

Knock Knock Colonel...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by zeeon

Yep,its looking official,and looking like these are the puppies responsible:

The U.S. Navy has three submarines outfitted with Tomahawk missiles in the Mediterranean prepared to participate in operations against Libya, a U.S. defense official said on Saturday.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said three submarines, including attack submarines Newport News and the Providence, were joined by two Navy ships.
The submarines were equipped with Tomahawk missiles that can cripple aircraft or anti-aircraft defenses in a no-fly operation, the official said.

af.reuters.com...

Knock Knock Colonel...

Yep, and the USS Enterprise is also stationed right next to them. I'm sure bombing runs are coming up next once the Enterprise has all her birds outfitted with weapons.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Edit: video does not show US attacks .
But
From the link:

U.S. Tomahawk missiles have landed in the western area around Tripoli and Misrata, a senior Defense Department official said Saturday.
Earlier, French fighter jets deployed over Libya fired at a military vehicle Saturday, the country's first strike against Gadhafi's military forces, who earlier attacked the rebel stronghold of Benghazi.

edit on 19/3/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: clarify,afer watching entire clip.

edition.cnn.com...
edit on 19/3/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

All these freaks get a weird smirk on their face, when they're talking about war, or their plans or whatever.

Same as that Bush video, where he talks about the NWO...you can sense his "excitement "...

top topics

join