It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New amateur designed spaceship! (not whitenight)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hey i think i found a link about what this guy is talking about. It has the same project name.

www.wrjournal.net...

found it on google, on accident incidentally.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
And from what I have read, you have no idea what "interplanetary space travel" is... The key word is "interplanetary" meaning, you would need a full size space vessel to be able to travel from one planetary mass in the deep vacuum of space to another planetary mass while carrying personnel or some sort of cargo, and IT MUST be able to get back, or it would not be considered INTERplanetary travel.

Please chose your words wisely, it might be misleading, and yes, you should have done a bit more research and if you do not know much on the field you are researching, instead of doing this on your own, I suggest some help, like that friend of yours.

Shattered OUT...

Well, Voyager probes and the like are still considered interplanetary spacecraft, despite the fact that they don't return to Earth. The Viking probes were also interplanetary. It isn't really necessary for the vehicle to get back again. There's really no strict term for one-way missions to a planet. Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles are not expected to return, after all.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Ohh, and having looked at the website you (ismellcheese) posted, it seems to me like a load of cobblers. But the high-altitude-to-orbit blimp is a real proposal.

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Lampyridae]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is the poorest post I've ever seen. It's the most obvious lie I've ever seen here. Shame on you.

the press is gaY!

What the heck does that mean? (It does suggest you are 14)

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well Lampy, if you pay closer attention, it would not be considered INTER(I will look up INTER on the internet), If it would not return, then it would be a suicide mission...

"between or among planets"-I used AskJeeves.com for that definiton, Dictonary.com became a search engine instead of an online dictonary

www.thefreedictionary.com... that is the link just incase.

SO yeah, I was wrong in a way, and Lampy you were right(wow I hate admitting that)...

And I think the proposal for and orbital airship platform is WAY out of its league.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Check out these links.

This is the news story from MSNBC.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The group behind the researh is JP Aerospace:

www.jpaerospace.com...

They've got some cool pictures. Cool thing is the projected cost.

Check out the project plan: www.jpaerospace.com...

Bolex

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
WOW, good job Bolex. Great Links

I remember seeing this V-shaped Airship on CNN a bit back, but never looked into it, now that I have I realize that there tackling alot of things.

MSNBC
a 6,000-foot-long (1.14 miles long) Orbital Ascender that would travel from the station to orbit.

DAMN! Thats freaken HUGE. You dont relize its true size until you actually think about it. A standard Goodyear Blimp is 200 ft long, The Air Force is building a 500 ft long one, the infamous Hindenburg was 800 ft long, The one they want to build is 6,000 ft long! Get the picture.

MSNBC
"You could probably roll about 40 of these off the line for the price of one Global Hawk," Blackington told MSNBC.com.

WOW, I didn't relize there that cheap, it makes me wonder why we dont kill the Global Hawk and get these suckers.
After all the Global Hawk isn't used for time sensitive things anyway, Airships can just float above a building around 65,000-100,000 feet and track any movement, and for a quick check of something you could just use a spy satellite which can take pics of there target in around an hour. If something is time sensitive the satellites arn't that much slower then Global Hawk. As much as I like the Global Hawk, Airships are alot better, (Ex: Cheaper, Stay up longer, Less maintenence, and did I mention CHEAPER).

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I remember something that might be similar, one of the X-prize competitiors wanted to launch a rocket by firing it from a blimp, so that may be the case. There was another team that just basically modernised a V-2 and wanted to use it, I believe it was on the Today show.

Burt Rutan must make the guy who financed the Rotary Rocket feel bad, after he had funneled massive amounts of money to the most brilliant people and comming up with ziltch. i cant wait till Virgin builts that fleet of Spaceship 1's

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

roniii259
I remember something that might be similar, one of the X-prize competitiors wanted to launch a rocket by firing it from a blimp, so that may be the case. There was another team that just basically modernised a V-2 and wanted to use it, I believe it was on the Today show.

Yep, there both Canadian designs.

The Da vinci uses a balloon until it gets to 80,000ft, then releases the craft which then fires its rocket.
Da Vinci Project

The other is called the Canadian Arrow, Which is mirrored off of the V-2 rocket design.
Canadian Arrow

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Murcielago]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join