It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New amateur designed spaceship! (not whitenight)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The interplanetary AirShip named the 'Halon Star' is the first truly interplanetary spaceship designed to travel into outer space and back as one unit without the use of high explosive rockets. It uses a highbrid turbine engine, Light Combustion engine thing, and some kinda compressed cold gas engine. A test flight will be done, hopefully in 6months. Due to the resent successfull flight of the Whitenight there is more of a push. I know of this as a close firend of mine is the lead developer. He told me I could tell you all of it. This is truly a futuristic ship. It actully has a laser based EM wave attack gun!
(..says dont work worth crap tho..) All crew on the ship are required to were an HV(Hazardus enVironment) suit. Which currently doesnt do a lot. Its designed to carry upto 5 people on a normal flight, and its possible to carry 15. Tho he doesnt want to push it. This is more than an experiment, this is a push to true space and lezuire travel, something NASA is to busy to bother with. As far as its ability to travel 'interplanetary', there is no reason to believe its truly capable of that, however it should be able to stay in the air for 2weeks to a time, and in space for .. ummm..less. Anyways, im working on a website with drawing/schematics/pics. This is the peoples ship! Anythin you want on your dream space ship, lemmi know! I allready put a small dorm sized fridge full of coke in it... (he said to post of a hobbyist site rather than press, the press is gaY!. ..sry press..)
Picture your favorite spaceship... YOU GOT IT!
..ya.. im not a tech geek, but i know a lot about it. ok, correction, it can stay in space for 2weeks to a time.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by dev_the_weapon]

[edit on 24-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
LOL, Ray gun. This sounds bogus. Post a link if you want people to buy into this.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ok, i never said 'Ray Gun'
, i think he said it is a basic EM Gun which uses a laser to limit wave dispersion.. or somethin like that. i would guess your never heard of EM/HERF Weapons? well, anyways, ya, ill have a link soon, he is making a site with some basic info.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Don't even bother making a thread if ya ain't got a link.

Blimps can only go around 13 miles high how the hell are you going to space with it?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dev_the_weapon
The interplanetary AirShip named the 'Halon Star' is the first truly interplanetary spaceship designed to travel into outer space and back as one unit without the use of high explosive rockets.

Interplanetary means more than to space and back - also how can a airship benefit from lighter than air lift in the vacum of space????

It uses a highbrid turbine engine, Light Combustion engine thing, and some kinda compressed cold gas engine.

Forgive my ignorance but don't turbines require air-flow (i.e. be in the atmosphere) to operate - and the only air-breathing engines that can operate in the upper reaches of the atmosphere due to the rarified air conditions are ram/scram jet (which are not turbine engines)

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ok. im not expert in spaceship/jets/airplanes. i suppose i should of made sure i had it right before posting eh?

but, it has no turbine, its a custom made, he says its a 'fan like propulsion unit' to assist in normal takeoff, the primary force is the light engine. It has some kinda of compressed cold gas nitrogren thingy for when its in flight in space, i didnt quite understand.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by dev_the_weapon]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dev_the_weapon
ok. im not expert in spaceship/jets/airplanes. i suppose i should of made sure i had it right before posting eh?

but, it has no turbine, its a custom made, he says its a 'fan like propulsion unit' to assist in normal takeoff, the primary force is the light engine. It has some kinda of compressed cold gas nitrogren thingy for when its in flight in space, i didnt quite understand.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by dev_the_weapon]

A picture speaks louder then words.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
sounds bogus and completely fake, dont bother posting a thread with no infomation at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
actually if they used the cold gas to blow through the engine it would work then they could use ION engines the rest of the way.
also how can blimps only go 13 miles up? all they need is engines to push em the rest of the way.
also that EM thing it could work
imagine the effect a super powerful magnet is gona have on a space ship?
instant attraction or instant reppelant.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here is the piloted aircraft that recently made it into space. Maybe this is what the original poster was talking about, but Im not sure. Here is a link, it was all over the news:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
actually if they used the cold gas to blow through the engine it would work then they could use ION engines the rest of the way.
also how can blimps only go 13 miles up? all they need is engines to push em the rest of the way.
also that EM thing it could work
imagine the effect a super powerful magnet is gona have on a space ship?
instant attraction or instant reppelant.

Your buying this load?

Blimps cant go much higher then that with out the help of rockets, and he specifically stated that it doesn't use rockets, he says it uses a turbine engine witch is inpossible that needs air to work. This guys obliviously smoken somethin.

And no he's not talking about Scaled Composites SpaceShip One, that doesn't even come close to what he's talking about.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

The engines and fuel would weight too much -that means you need much more larger blimp and that means you need more powerfull engine and that means larger blimp... etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Here is the piloted aircraft that recently made it into space. Maybe this is what the original poster was talking about, but Im not sure. Here is a link, it was all over the news:

www.cnn.com...

nope, thats not it.
And how did you start to relate a blimp to this????

and yes, i did say it used some turbine like engine, however, i also said it has 3 forms of propulsion. you people sure dont read to well do you?

[edit on 25-7-2004 by dev_the_weapon]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I checked google and there was NOTHING at all on this "Space Blimp". And its not on the X-Prize list of spacecraft. and you said that its gonna go to space in 6 months, if thats the case we would of definatly heard of it.

These forums arn't for people like you who just make up some half assed story and expect everyone to believe you.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I suggest that unless the original poster comes up with some corroborating evidence, like a link, soon, that we trash this thred as a poor attempt at a hoax. ... or at least lock it to stop people giving it any more attention than it deserves.

is it Flash Gordon's spaceship?

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
totally agree, this is just some kid trying to get some attention

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I checked google and there was NOTHING at all on this "Space Blimp". And its not on the X-Prize list of spacecraft. and you said that its gonna go to space in 6 months, if thats the case we would of definatly heard of it.

These forums arn't for people like you who just make up some half assed story and expect everyone to believe you.

ok, i admit, should have waited untill i had a link, however, of course you wouldnt find anything on google, I NEVER SAID IT WAS A DAMN SPACE BLIMP!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've heard of this concept, but it involves a swapover at a high altitude blimp station to an orbiter equipped with an ion drive. Takes weeks to get into orbital velocity but the concept's more or less sound. I'm just wondering about altitude and friction...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
True, he never did state anything about a Space Blimp, but you must give him some sort of credit, he did have the guts to come on here and do this.

Anyways, it does not sound level to me because it is an "airship" as you have stated, and from what I know, Airships cannot pass the stratosphere without some sort of heavy nitrogenic propulison such as a large rocket, and this is for an airship, ScramJet can certainly fly easily into the stratosphere as we have seen with the highly prized SR-71 Blackbird.

And from what I have read, you have no idea what "interplanetary space travel" is... The key word is "interplanetary" meaning, you would need a full size space vessel to be able to travel from one planetary mass in the deep vacuum of space to another planetary mass while carrying personnel or some sort of cargo, and IT MUST be able to get back, or it would not be considered INTERplanetary travel.

Please chose your words wisely, it might be misleading, and yes, you should have done a bit more research and if you do not know much on the field you are researching, instead of doing this on your own, I suggest some help, like that friend of yours.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well, i see what one problem is, the term 'airship', this was not my term. I would say after looking up real airships, that this is not actully an airship and that i did not know that 'airship' was an actully...classification, of a flying device. (was that wording any better?)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join