It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Missing Pregnant Jogger; Bloodstains "All Over" Couple's Apartment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
According to this article:

Ok, allegedly, on Monday, Mark ran/walked the route Lori did to look for her.

Then, not being able to locate her, called friends at 10:00am, Mark then went to purchase a mattress at 9:45am and, according to credit card receipts, purchased a mattress At 10:23am and called police about 10:49am to report Lori missing.

The police took a mattress out of the church dumpster.

Sure, sounds "right" to me. Your spouse is missing, go shop for a mattress!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Now, my question is, why is there always a damned blather mouth in every single investigation that leaks this stuff out?

This is why I'm a skeptic of any grand scheme on any level...people just can't keep their mouths shut well enough to pull it off.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Man this really angers me the police couldn't find any leads for Laci so they went after Scot i hope he walks out free and im sure he will.

Now they cant find any leads for this other pregnant girl so they again are going to go after the husband talk about double standards if the husband went missing they would never question the wife.

Instead of looking for a serial killer cuz look at the similarities Laci/Lori they were both jogging early in the morning they were both pregnant seems more than coincidence to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Now they cant find any leads for this other pregnant girl so they again are going to go after the husband talk about double standards if the husband went missing they would never question the wife.

Don't know much about missing persons or murder investigations, do ya?

SOP. Investigators look into the closest family members, especially the spouse, as a normal part of the investigation. An estimated 30% of slain women were killed by their husband or boyfriend. It only makes sense to investigate this, yes?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

Originally posted by raven2012
what does this have to do with anything? i don't come to ats to read about a missing jogger, i hear enough of that useless garbage from the war whores on cnn.

-raven

I hope they find her as well.... Everyday it seems we hear something a little more odd.

Fancy

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I forgot to post the link to the article!

www.cnn.com...

Oh well, it's been one of those days!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Douglas Hacking has also confirmed that police found his son running naked early Tuesday at a hotel about a half-mile from the couple's apartment. He was taken to a hospital.

(What the............?)

Police also impounded a large trash bin from behind the apartment complex and took a swab Friday from a municipal plastic trash bin that had been left on a street by a neighbor outside the Hackings' apartment building the day Lori disappeared.

(I wonder what the association with the neighbor is...........)

The only witness is recanting her story:

the only reported witness to see Lori Hacking on the morning she disappeared backtracked, telling KSL NewsRadio she no longer thinks the woman she saw stretching at a city park was the missing jogger.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Clump of hair located in dumpster/possible blood located in couples apartment.

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Come on... the husband's *story* is hogwash. He's responsible for her disappearance. Sheesh! It's as plain as day!

No one is going to 'crack up' just hours after his wife disappears. After a few days, maybe... but not h-o-u-r-s! Please! If the guy was supposedly going to go to 'medical school' to become a psychiatrist (sure thing, bud), then he can't be all that fragile. Act crazy, go into a psychiatric facility (where u *work*, btw) and no one will really question you too closely.

Since she just found out she was preggers and they hadn't even told the families yet... and since he was a low-down-lying-dog about his getting a degree and going to medical school, I think he felt he had no choice but to try to get himself out of the corner into which he'd painted himself by eliminating his wife. I mean, they *just* found out she was pregnant, right?

Sounds a lot like the Scott Peterson theories that he never really wanted kids.... and had to end things before Conner became a reality.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Cattlespy]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Bloodstains now found in their apartment. This story gets worse and worse for husband Mark.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Different news source stating possible bloody knife found in apartment......

ap.tbo.com...

Detective Dwayne Baird, a police spokesman, wouldn't confirm or deny a Deseret Morning News report, citing unnamed sources, that a bloody knife with strands of hair was among items taken from the Hackings' apartment.

In the related Foxnews link, www.foxnews.com...
they are suggesting:

"Police searched a municipal landfill with cadaver sniffing dogs earlier today, possibly searching for a discarded mattress."

(Wouldn't a cadaver dog be searching for a cadaver?????????????)

**I tried to put up the link which said a "mattress was discovered in the church dumpster btween where Lori had jogged and her home", but have been unable to locate the news article. Now the article states the police took a swab from a dumpster behind the house. STRANGE how this account has disappeared........

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Bloodstains all over the appartment.
Guy buys new matras half an hour before he calls the cops.
Guy is seen running around naked in a hotel some time before her disapearance.
Car is handily parked at the park.

What propably happend:

Girl finds out about guy naked in hotel room with other chick. They go home, fight, he kills her, cleans house, gets new matras(bloodstains are hard to get out of those) drives her car to the park.

Then calls the cops, tells she's missing. People start looking for her. Can't find her. All kinds of fishy stuff and inconsistency's about the story start to pop up.

Next they'll find her, or parts of her, more evidence she was killed in the appartment, find murderweapon, put the bastard in jail.

Don't hope she'll come home fine, she's already dead, just hope she wasn't to badly mutilated so her family can have a decent burial for her and her child.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The news article stated they used "Luminol" in the apartment.

Therefore, reading between the lines, this suggests, the apt was cleaned.

Luminol will illuminate where blood was once present and is generally used for minute amounts of blood over large area's.

(www.foxnews.com...

Mark Hacking works the night shift at a psychiatric hospital and has said that he usually sleeps when his wife goes running. She normally returns home about 6:30 a.m. to shower and get ready for work. He said she normally would wake him up to drive her to work.)

FACT: The guy worked as an days as an apartment manager and nights at the mental hospital.

FACT: Both of their vehicles were taken by the investigators.

(Why would the guy work all night, go to sleep and then have his wife wake him up requiring a ride to work, when they both clearly had vehicles?-doesn't make much sense.)

If we are to belive these news accounts as accurate, Mark came home from work and went to bed. Lori got up and went on a routine jog at 5:30 am (witness recanted her report of seeing someone who looked like Lori at park).

Lori hadn't returned to wake up Mark. When Lori didin't show up at work, Mark went to the area where Lori was supposed to have jogged, and ran/walked that route twice. Then.............

At 9:45am, Mark was in a mattress/furniture store purchasing a mattress. At 10:00 am, Mark called Lori's friends and reported her as missing. (Did he call from the mattress/furniture store?) At 10:23, the mattress purchase went through.

At 10:49am, Mark reported Lori missing to police.

Mark's timeline begins when the "mattress/furniture store" placed him in their store at 9:45am.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by mako0956]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Police have not named any suspects in the disappearance, but have taken items from the couple's apartment and impounded both their cars. Mark Hacking also has been interviewed by police.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just to update:

Volunteers have given up the search for Lori Hacking.

ap.tbo.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This thread started out as Pregnant jogger, cops go door to door.....

now it's Pregnant jogger, blood all over apartment....

Why does this keep changing?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
as the story updates the title changes to reflect the updated material. The bloodstains weren't found until after the first message had been posted, so when they found them they updated the title.

Did I confuse you, cause I think I confused myself.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes, typically we do not do this. Original articles are left as they first stood unless it is a breaking/developing story. For instance, this morning for a short time there was a breaking story of a plane being forced to land at Sydney because of a bomb threat and an attempted break into the cabin. It was changed several times - like when it was confirmed there was no break-in. And then when it was confirmed that there was no bomb! It was a hoax.

But in this instance, this shouldn't be occurring. The main reason being for respect of members that reply to the original story. For instance, there were initial replies of "well, here they go treating this guy like Peterson" and stuff like that.

As this story has changed, even that person probably has a slightly different view of it...so it makes the person's reply seem like he replied to something he didn't!

In the future, if there are substantial changes to a situation you have reported on, please initiate a new article.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just for clarification, I did not change the title of this thread. It was changed by someone else.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
No problem...it's not your fault then.

Out of curiosity...have you been updating the article?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join