It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Missing Pregnant Jogger; Bloodstains "All Over" Couple's Apartment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Lori Hacking has been missing since early Monday morning when she went for a run in the park in Salt Lake City, Utah. Lori is 5 weeks pregnant. Her car was found at the gate entrance of the park Monday afternoon. Volunteers are going door to door with pictures of Lori hoping that someone recognizes her.

Her husband, Mark Hacking, has been considered a "person of interest" since her disappearance but is not officially considered a suspect.
It was revealed on Sunday, July 25th, that bloodstains have been found "all over" the couple's Utah apartment. Tests using the chemical luminol, which shows the presence of blood under an ultraviolet light even after the visible stains have been cleaned, showed what appear to be splatters of blood through the apartment. While forsenic tests are still pending, it is believed the blood is Lori's.

www.foxnews.com
SALT LAKE CITY � The search for a pregnant woman who apparently vanished during a morning run moved out of the park and canyon Wednesday and into nearby neighborhoods.

Volunteers were taking fliers door-to-door in downtown Salt Lake City neighborhoods Wednesday morning in their search for Lori Kay Hacking (search), 27, who hasn't been seen since going for a run Monday morning.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In the course of investigating her husband Mark Hacking, who claimed to be accepted to med school at the University of North Carolina, it was discovered that not only is he not bound for med school, but that he didn't graduate from the University of Utah as he told his friends and family. He has reportedly been admitted to a hospital following his wife's disappearance. While not indicitive of any involvement in Lori's disappearance, investigators are looking closely at this recent devlopment.

Further bizarre behavior by Mark Hacking has come to light, including being found running naked through a hotel the evening his wife disappeared and a purchase of a new mattress after Lori's disappearance about half an hour before Mark called police.

I hope they find her. From what I have read her and her husband were happy, married for 5 years. I pray her and her unborn child come home safe.

Related News Links:
FoxNews.com

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 7-26-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
what does this have to do with anything? i don't come to ats to read about a missing jogger, i hear enough of that useless garbage from the war whores on cnn.

-raven

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven2012
what does this have to do with anything? i don't come to ats to read about a missing jogger, i hear enough of that useless garbage from the war whores on cnn.-raven

If you didn't come here to read the news then just ignore it ... it's not that hard..

I heard on the radio today that there's a chance that they'll bring in a physic to find out if they can "see " anything.

I hope they find her alive and well. Prayers to her husband and family.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

what does this have to do with anything? i don't come to ats to read about a missing jogger, i hear enough of that useless garbage from the war whores on cnn.

-raven

Uh this is the ATS News Network, don't click on the links if you don't want to read the news. This particular article is Top News on foxnews.com. If you don't want to read the news, there are other forums on this site you can visit.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How pregnant was she? (Jogging and pregnancy don't seem to mix.....)

**Nevermind, I reread the article, 5 weeks pregnant.

(Is this kinda reticent of Laci Peterson?)

[edit on 21-7-2004 by mako0956]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
5 weeks, it's in the article, her and her husband had just found out.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If you didn't come here to read the news then just ignore it ... it's not that hard..

i'm just hoping atsnn doesn't turn 'mainstream' with it's growing popularity and start reporting every little local issue that has no effect on the big picture and begin to dilute the 'alternative' and important nature that this site is known for. just don't want to see it be cluttered with useless news that serves no purpose in denying ignorance.

-raven

[edit on 21-7-2004 by raven2012]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Lighten up!

How do we know this story isn't going to turn out to be some serial killer?

Everyone has the right to post whatever on this forum so why blast another poster who's posting something of interest to them?

Lets try some forum etiquette, huh?

**There was a missing jogger in NC who was found shot, raped and duct taped to a tree. They brought in a mathematician who determined the girl was stun gunned without having to exhume her body.

This was an important case as this case set the precident for using a mathematician in determining distance between stun gun marks on the girls body without exhuming the body to determine a stun gun was used.

This case also started out as a missing jogger.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by mako0956]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This particular article is Top News on foxnews.com

oh well in that case i retract my previous statements, this must be an imperitive story.

why blast another poster

not blasting this individual poster, i just thought this should be brought up before atsnn got caught up in its own success and moved too far in the wrong direction.

but you all keep searching for your lost joggers, maybe if you're lucky they'll bring in a mathematician to take part in the investigation.

-raven

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Raven I don't appreciate your sarcasm. The best I can tell you is that if you don't want to read about a "missing jogger" then don't click on the link. If you have something worthwhile to add to this story then by all means, but if you can't contribute please leave the bandwidth for those who can.

Not meaning to step on the mods toes here, but I'm getting a little frustrated.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
FOX News just reported that the husband, who was supposedly going to med school in NC, where the couple was moving to, had not applied to the med school at all.

In fact, he had never completed his BS degree, dis-enrolling in 2002 in Utah.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Local news affiliate showed a press conference held within the last hour. Both the missing girls parents and the husband's parents were in a state of shock over this revelation.

The charade their son perpetrated included the couple going to North Carolina to pick out an apartment, the packing of their apartment and contracting with a moving company. When was he going to tell his family?

KSL

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, this is getting more and more disturbing as the days wear on.
What's next, the discovery of a secret girlfriend?
I don't like the way this is going at all...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am going to have to agree with Raven on this one. I too would hate to have to sift through a buch of local type news articles to get to the stuff that ATS has become famous for.

i'm just hoping atsnn doesn't turn 'mainstream' with it's growing popularity and start reporting every little local issue that has no effect on the big picture and the 'alternative' and important nature that this site is known for. just don't want to see it be cluttered with useless news that serves no purpose in denying ignorance.

-raven

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Well, this is getting more and more disturbing as the days wear on.
What's next, the discovery of a secret girlfriend?

Given infidelity rates, there's a 50/50 shot or better. Doesn't prove he killed her, but this should scare some people straight anyway. Think about how your secret life will look when your spouse turns up dead? Even just something you said in a chat room like "No I'm not married" gives you a "murder motive" now.

Not defending Scott Petterson or this guy, but just find the new burden of "proof" a little lax. Immorality does not equal guilty. Though it does on TV.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Police consider Mark Hacking a 'person of interest' but not suspect

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CNN) -- The husband of a missing Salt Lake City woman has checked himself into a psychiatric ward because of the stress of her disappearance, according to the father of the missing woman, Herald Soares.

Authorities impounded Mark Hacking's car after he reported his 27-year-old wife missing early Monday. The couple's apartment also was searched and some items were removed. Lori Hacking was five weeks pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

The investigation also led police to a Dumpster, which was taken away for further scrutiny, Joiner said.

www.cnn.com...

Meanwhile, Mark's parents told reporters Wednesday they had just learned that their son had lied about being accepted to a medical school in North Carolina.

In addition, the University of Utah reported it has no record of Hacking graduating from that college.

Douglas Hacking, Mark's father, said he and his wife believed their son had applied and been accepted to medical school at a university in North Carolina, as well as two other schools in other states. The son had told friends and family that he and his wife were moving to the Carolinas.

"He never even applied to medical school in North Carolina," Douglas Hacking said.

Joiner said authorities had learned that Mark Hacking had not applied to medical school in North Carolina early in their investigation.

Douglas Hacking said the news that their son had lied to them was shocking and distressing.

The elder Hacking said his son and Lori, who have been married for five years, had gone to North Carolina recently and had even picked out an apartment there. They had also packed up their belongings and had arranged for a moving truck.

Hmmm... something "fishy" going on here.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Very sad story to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something is not adding up????

Sassy

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I hope they find her soon and alive. With her husband lieing to the police, it does'nt help him out that much. If he lied about education, it can mean he's leing about other thigsn as well.

And Raven this is ATSNN, this is our News Network on all types of global news stories, wheter they be poltical, non-political, or paranormal. Just don't read the forum and lighten up.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Her husband Mark has now checked himself into a psychiatric hospital because of the stress of his wife's disappearance. He is a "man of interest now" but not a suspect.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
According to that original news article from Foxnews,

"Police also have removed items from the couple's apartment near the University of Utah. Neither Joiner nor Baird would say what, if anything, was taken from the apartment, but television news footage showed paper bags, boxes and a box spring being removed.

Police impounded a large trash bin, but Baird would not confirm reports that police were looking at a mattress found inside the bin. Neither spokesman would say where the bin was located, but Joiner said it was "somewhere between Memory Grove and the apartment."

So, if this is correct, they took a box spring from the home and located a mattress in a dumpster somewhere along the route between where Lori was jogging and her home.

Apparently, according to the article, the husband, Mark, has two jobs:

"Yellow tape marked "Do Not Cross" blocked the doorway of the Hackings' apartment, where he serves as the building manager"

and:

"Mark Hacking works the night shift at a psychiatric hospital"

I wonder if he assisted any of the people he worked with in getting an apartment in his building..........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join