It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Russians monitoring ATS members through Skype?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok so the thread title is a little far out and tongue in cheek but I'm really curious as to what happened here.

Earlier today I had peerguardian running in the background while connecting to skype (nearly everyone I talk to on skype is an ATS member and we also have a little unofficial ATS chat room on there) and I suddenly noticed that I was getting activity on port 171772 (skype port) from the Ministry of Interior Affairs of Russian Federation I have got the IP and it does indeed trace back to Russia

I'm pretty sure that non of the ATS members are posting to skype from there, although they might be of course, so what else could explain this?

My thoughts
1. Its someone using some kind of IP spoofing to appear that they are on a different IP to they are, all though I did ask people and no one admitted to it
2. Some kind of hacking, but it was just 3 attempts to connect on the one port so that doesn't seem like it would be that
3. The Russians are using skype to spy on ATS members activity

Anyone have any other ideas of what this could be?
I'm expecting it to be a really obvious answer that makes me look like a fool.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sorry, Dave, I had to turn you into the KGB. You know too much... you're too dangerous...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Odd thing that, and yes of course the Russians did it them Vodka drinking crazy bear people. They probably ate pickled herring as they did. Hey my mom's Russian so I can say that right?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

I think you are allowed to say that yes

I;m guessing that some crazy hacker skilled person is going to come in and explain it. Otherwise I guess it's time to upgrade my firewall to something more serious

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Dave do you not think it odd, ...

that some little philly named Aurora plays your whistle.... only to gain your trust and utlimately access to the room.

Think about it.....

Aurora ....

as in .... Project Aurora !!!!

It all makes sense.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Hmm getting adopted does seem to be the best way to get into the heart of the site without all of the hard work of posting and such

You may be on to something lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

we also have a little unofficial ATS chat room on there

I keep forgetting how needy some of the members here are...

And F the Ruskies...no one here is important enough to attract the attention of professional criminals. Relax my visually challenged friend...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Why are people needy for chatting to one another?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Thanks for that extremely useful and insightful answer.

Here is the PeerBlock screen (with the other ip's blurred out)

edit on 19-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/11 by Hefficide because: replaced image with one that lacked identifying information

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Wow....

does'nt surprise me because even I think some brillant ATS members probably know too much for the "powers to be" to want us to even know.

I know there are a couple of very large and powerful organisations that have proven to had flicked through our pages as it was brought to the reader's attention of Haaretz not that long ago.

Personally, I'm not fazed by them and I know there are those among them that robably do have numerous IDs in ATS.....kind of like one I spotted yesterday I'm sure belongs to a "secret" organisation.

*Keep in mind, these organisations want to know how we think and what we know
edit on 19-3-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Just spying on America period and scanned what you were doing because it was coming from America. I doubt Russia cares about what the citizens of America are doing - it's the American Government that would be spying on us as a people.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by YesImOneg

Hmm well, i'm in the UK. but yes most of my contacts are American.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by YesImOneg

Whats the bet the Russians find out more what the Americans are up to behind the black curtain via some very clever ATS members......

I mean, no one can deny there's alot of very interesting information on this site as well as a couple of others I can think of.

I don't think only Russia is doing it, probably Russia, definately Britain and afew others are doing it too.....what I am alomost 99.9% sure is this Egyptians are watching this site closely too and most definately the Israelis.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Comrade Spanners.... Ve know vat you are doink....

BTW U2U me the next time they hit your scanner... I love trolling intelligence agencies.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Just a Suggestion,take the Pic down, "Black" the IP´s out and post it again. IP´s are still readable (at least the first ones)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
its almost like thay didnt relize you could see ther ip adrs.... hmmm seems a little skechty.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Was your chat about anything that the Russian government would have interest in. Too bad they dont have a call back number for ya to say hey wtf.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Report it to the FBI.. Worse case scenario is nothing ever becomes of it. On the other hand you might not be the only one who had an unauthorized access.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

A) The FBI do not have jurisdiction in the UK.
B) The last thing he needs is a bully police agency wanting to rifle through his personal communications.

Are you really a cop? You should know that the FBI deals with domestic American cases.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I did not see his location on his profile when I said that.. And yes, I am really a cop, and cntrary to popular belief we arent perfect and do make mistakes at times.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join