It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick! Go outside and look up.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I just went out and saw 2 moons! Did anyone else just notice the moon split into 2 moons?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Reporting from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I am not reading any replies before I post this, as to not obscure what I feel I observed. The moon looks not much bigger tonight than any other regular moon. It is very bright though, I found it hard to look at for long periods of time. I noticed that the light was far more concentrated, thus making the sky appear darker off to the west of the moon (Orion's Belt)

So, I came back in and looked at a picture of a full moon. Just a random image on Google. For some reason, IMO, tonight it looks like the moon is at a slightly different angle. The patterns of the crater (darker spots) do not appear to be in the same position...
Maybe I am suffering from lunar madness...

link   
reply to post by xxspockyxx

Take a photo.

link   
I'm in Arcata, california and I can see the moon. other than its brightness I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I'm really surprised that the clouds went away long enough for me to see it at all. I tried to take a picture of it, but I can't seem to get a nice clear shot. In any case, I'm glad I was able to see it at all, even though the super moon isn't until tomorrow. I doubt here on the rainy north coast I'll get to see it tomorrow, but I can hope, right ??

link   
Beautiful clear night in South Texas with a beautiful moon up in the sky. It really doesn't look like it's any closer/ bigger than usual.

I see the moon
The moon sees me
God Bless the moon
God Bless me

and everyone.
Good night.
edit on 18-3-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: Geez! A beautiful MOON.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well tomorrow night we will see the moon in its brightest and most Largest of forms. That is right tomorrow the moon will be bigger than ever, because it is passing as close as it ever has in our time to the earth.

I started a form the other night when a massive Lunar Corona was circling the moon, it was beautiful and MASSIVE and oddly spooky!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It looks pretty bright. I'm not sure what you're seeing?

The group of shadows (mares) that form a "pincer" on the lower right side of the Moon pointing downward are now almost completely horizontal and near the top of the right side. It appears as though the Moon was rotated to the left several degrees.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yep, just for a split second, but then it came back together, and I wondered if it was just my imagination...j/k, of course.

But I was just having a conversation with my wife about how weird it would be if the moon were hit by a big comet/meteor/asteroid and broke into millions of pieces creating a ring around the Earth. Despite the fact that it would probably end life as we know it, I think it would look kinda cool...and scary. Not trying to derail...just a thought.

edit on 18-3-2011 by thepresenttense because: this was supposed to be a reply to xxspockyxx's post above...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It looks pretty bright. I'm not sure what you're seeing?

The group of shadows (mares) that form a "pincer" on the lower right side of the Moon pointing downward are now almost completely horizontal and near the top of the right side. It appears as though the Moon was rotated to the left several degrees.

wait, can we suggest its not the moon that moved, but maybe earth moved a WHOLE LOT! freaky....

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Reporting from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

I am not reading any replies before I post this, as to not obscure what I feel I observed. The moon looks not much bigger tonight than any other regular moon. It is very bright though, I found it hard to look at for long periods of time. I noticed that the light was far more concentrated, thus making the sky appear darker off to the west of the moon (Orion's Belt)

So, I came back in and looked at a picture of a full moon. Just a random image on Google. For some reason, IMO, tonight it looks like the moon is at a slightly different angle. The patterns of the crater (darker spots) do not appear to be in the same position...
Maybe I am suffering from lunar madness...

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!
The "mares" are not where they should be, the entire Moon seems to have been turned to the left.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Did not the earthquake in Japan do something to the earths axis,maybe that is why the moon looks off

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
If you're in the Northern hemisphere you should be able to see the Moon. Look at it, take note of the features and dark portions. Now find a picture of the Moon anywhere (book, magazine, internet) and compare the two.
Notice anything?

Man,you're good.
Bait and hook.
No moon here,raining.
Wait,go run outside!
I saw two suns!
Just messing with ya.
The moon does kinda shift back and forth some,I forgot what it's called.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
PHOTO ANYONE?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
can somebody please post a picture!!

Those of us that live in cloudy cities are dying here!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Nope it is 100% normal tonight.

I have my stellarium up right now and it is perfectly normal.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

link   
Will a cell phone photo do?

link   

Originally posted by xxspockyxx
I just went out and saw 2 moons! Did anyone else just notice the moon split into 2 moons?

I saw that too, but then I cleaned my glasses..

Seriously, all I see is the big beautiful bright dragon that ate the man in the moon.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonspit
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

looks normal size to me.
much much brighter
darker spots more noticeable
vague, yellow halo around it.

what did you see?

Well,. the moon in many different shades,.
lots of craters up close,.
other solar systems,.
nebula's,.
I have looked at the moon many times with my own scope,.
so, there really isnt any thing new here,.
Moon is as usual as always

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
Beautiful clear night in South Texas with a beautiful moon up in the sky. It really doesn't look like it's any closer/ bigger than usual.

I see the moon
The moon sees me
God Bless the moon
God Bless me

and everyone.
Good night.
edit on 18-3-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: Geez! A beautiful MOON.

What a ceeeeuuuuuute poem, Dogs! Good night and God bless you!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join